Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:19:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is English language really necessary in our local board?  (Read 196 times)
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1262

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
January 03, 2024, 09:21:48 PM

The two languages wey we dey use dey okay, mind you that na English be our official language for Naija, so imo if we have to choose one out of the two languages, na English go make sense pass. Having said that, we don settle this matter a long time ago, i dey communicate with both English and Pidgin for this local board, and i never get any problem with that, so make we leave this matter of language of use for this local board and concentrate on other better things.
EluguHcman

Activity: 350
Merit: 160

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2024, 10:41:39 AM

I am not sure of the Indian but I can tell best to my knowledge about Nugeira
Most countries here in the forum speaks and maintains their official native languages simply because they do have a central/official/general language that is spoken understandably between them all.

Nigeria is an unified and a diversified country which has numerous believes and cultures and so is also their language but so, the pidgin English language is adopted and made being a general used for unifications through the adoption and conjoinments of the different language in other to fit In everyones aids to speaks and hears but yet there are still people left behind whom are not able to fluently speak on the pidgin language.

The local board is not made specially a secret board for
secret discussions so there is no just necessary of a compulsory or the agitations to fluently communicate with the pidgin English language here.

@OP, I can tell you that this platform in general has a pure communication of English language which makes it a primary language in the general terms so it is expected that everyone should know how to communicate with the English language system that it those of us who are basically based only on the pidgin English language that can not relate with the General language (English) here is not just fit in the platform.

Though It is not expected that one must posses the aids of using the complicated worth using the dictionary before understanding what a simple communications is all about. There could be common understandable English languages and there are also the hard times understanding English languages.
So you can just fix yourself in to the best of it you can relate with in ligns of the English language.
Please to everyone, I was called on my attention that my post was duplicated and here I came to clear the view.
That is actually not intentional and as at this case, it was due to network error during when I was submitting the post.
Thank you all for understanding and I specially appreciates those who called on my attention.
One love and one family ✌️

Cryptomultiplier

Activity: 798
Merit: 186

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2024, 12:10:44 PM

The two languages wey we dey use dey okay, mind you that na English be our official language for Naija, so imo if we have to choose one out of the two languages, na English go make sense pass. Having said that, we don settle this matter a long time ago, i dey communicate with both English and Pidgin for this local board, and i never get any problem with that, so make we leave this matter of language of use for this local board and concentrate on other better things.
I even dey surprised to see this post, because I think something like this don dey discussed here.

Anyways, English is the official language of this forum and the reason for the local board section is to better know those who are here and to better explain to newbies to gain the right understanding, wherein they are free to express themselves in a dialect we as Nigerians understand well, without having to think that an idea is stupid or useless.

There's no hard and fast rule to choosing the most convenient language to express oneself here. We go understand anyhow or any which one you choose to use.

Doan9269

Activity: 882
Merit: 585

View Profile
January 04, 2024, 12:21:18 PM

Feel free to use Pidgin English as people like me use English. Do you know that we have local board rules?

1. Only Naija Pidgin and English is allowed

Did you know that few topics in English posted on English board are moved to local board if it is strictly pertaining to Nigeria?

Sure legendary if a topic is focused more on a particular country in the general discussion board, it can be moved to that particular local board and I also want to suggest that since we have rules guiding our local board, the OP that created the thread of the rules and regulations guiding our local board should pin the thread so that whom so ever that is new to the local board can navigate through the rules and regulations and it can also be visible to all the local board members, so I therefore move a motion for the thread to be pinned by the OP in our local board.

Snipped

Why is it that people like you will always raise a dead issue to make things get complicated even when it seems they are being settled, what is it that you wanted to gain from this when there are more important things you could engage conversation on than waking a dead dog of no benefit, why is it so difficult that you could only understand what had been said on this issue countless times that it's either you speak the normal English or the naija pidgin as you may want it, abi wahala no dey reach una? Na by force make person yarn oyinbo or pidgin? Live no too dey difficult as una dey take am o

You can call it dead matter or whatever you like but what matters most is that since you're aware that this issue has been raised and sorted out is it every one that is aware of it? So if one brings an issue or a suggestion that has been raised and deliberated before the only thing you need do is to give the person reference of where the issue has been ironed just as legendary Charles-tim did.

Just keep deceiving yourself, as if we all don't know that this had been discussed several times, when you're aware of that, then why bringing it up again, no newbie will be that interested in making discussion on this aspect when they have enough time to invest on quality contributions to the forum than talking about what can only leads to quarrell which doesn't even matter to us here, I think now that you already know about this being discussed already countless times, you may lock the thread at your will to avoid spamming it since no one is interested in this anymore.
adultcrypto

Merit: 262

View Profile
January 04, 2024, 02:03:31 PM

The truth is that English is our official language and our pidgin was coined from English. If we want to discuss strictly in our local language, then we might turn this board to the building of the tower of Babel. So a mixture of English and the various variations is perfect in my opinion.

We should not forget that local board is not only about the language but other activities and information that are relevant to us a lone and not to the general forum users. I try to understand your reason for opening this thread but I can assure you that using English here is no violation and does not reduce the fun here as well.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Makus

Merit: 247

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2024, 02:15:53 PM

I no see reason why, person go bring suggestions come for something wey dem don talk tire come make final decision join. I no go lie you even as I join the forum last year I don see post wey Dem don talk about this kind of matter for here, and the end result dey always be say, na the two language naim we go use. The other day na so person come out say make we make room for yoruba forgetting say other languages dey for this country. Our boss Dem don think tire before dem come to conclusion say na the two language we go use. Though e go dey good if we go fit do make na only we we dey understand ourselves by using only the pidgin. But make just follow the one wey dey since to avoid problem wey mouth no go fit explain.
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1262

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
January 04, 2024, 03:19:03 PM

Though e go dey good if we go fit do make na only we we dey understand ourselves by using only the pidgin.
This reason no too dey important, e good make person understand say here na public forum, even those local boards wey no dey use English communicate, you go fit use translator take understand any of their posts wey you wan read. So person no suppose make post on a public forum with the thought say person/people no go find way take understand wetin dem talk, even if such people no understand that language. Na for PM na im dem dey talk some private/personal matter wey you no wan bring come out.
Obim34

Activity: 266
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 02:02:26 AM

I feel say this matter don dey addressed before, according to the laid rules wetin we dey use for this local board na both English and Pidgin any one wey dey u dey convenient to use. Basically for me i dey use both, depends on the way e enter me and the way the OP use construct the post. But mainly our pidgin na wetin we suppose dey use for here cos e dey bring this kind of Naija related vibe among everyone of us.

So i think no need cos English no too dey necessary, just do with the one wey u sabi pass, e sure say everybody for here fit read and write even if no be perfectly but we fit express our self in a way every others go understand.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███