Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:41:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you ready for the Bitcoin bull market? What's your plan? Some ideas for you  (Read 766 times)
Smack That Ace
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1094

Eid Mubarak

View Profile
February 27, 2024, 01:41:18 PM

Yes, My feeling tells me that bitcoin is likely to make two runs and then reach its ath peak at >120k$. Therefore, realizing profits is nothing more than having to Hodl bitcoin 70% and the rest will be a story about AI, Defi, Layer 2, Gamefi, in addition to being ready with ETH, BNB, SOL, DOT... season Altcoins are getting closer. Be ready for scenarios and situations where the market may occur.

I don't know if everyone on this forum is 100% invested in bitcoin like they are saying. But I think during this bull season, allocating 20% - 30% of our capital to altcoins is not as bad an idea as many people say. During the off season, investing in altcoins is a really bad idea but we are entering the bull season when most markets will go up. So missing out on great opportunities with altcoins is truly a waste. Why don't we take advantage of the bull season to speculate on altcoins and make profits, then take that money and invest it in bitcoin when another bear season comes?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Agbamoni

Activity: 308
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 27, 2024, 03:56:33 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Yes, My feeling tells me that bitcoin is likely to make two runs and then reach its ath peak at >120k$. Therefore, realizing profits is nothing more than having to Hodl bitcoin 70% and the rest will be a story about AI, Defi, Layer 2, Gamefi, in addition to being ready with ETH, BNB, SOL, DOT... season Altcoins are getting closer. Be ready for scenarios and situations where the market may occur.

I don't know if everyone on this forum is 100% invested in bitcoin like they are saying. But I think during this bull season, allocating 20% - 30% of our capital to altcoins is not as bad an idea as many people say. During the off season, investing in altcoins is a really bad idea but we are entering the bull season when most markets will go up. So missing out on great opportunities with altcoins is truly a waste. Why don't we take advantage of the bull season to speculate on altcoins and make profits, then take that money and invest it in bitcoin when another bear season comes?
Depending on the amount of an investor that is when they may choose if they will accumulate only bitcoin in their portfolio or diversify by adding other altcoins into them. But i can't think or imagine adding any altcoins during this period of my accumulation. If i have enough money to buy bitcoin like at least $100 in bitcoin every week i will disregard altcoin entirely. Fuck shitcoins for now, i can only play around it if i want my kids to have little on their wallet. Funny i don't have any kids yet but bitcoin which will reach 60k before the end of this week should be enough reason for any investor to focus on accumulating it rather than thinking about shitcoins.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
kelechi

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2024, 06:52:13 PM

My plan is very simple hold unitl six figures then sell half
Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2024, 07:04:39 PM

That means you are already invested in Bitcoin or you are still buying?

What do you think will happen within six months? Are you just buying to make some quick profits and sell off?

I'm still buying because I'm using the DCA method. So long as Bitcoin is still below $100k, it is still a good buy for me in this present market cycle.

I plan to hodl for several years so I'm not panicking over the present bullish market. The bigger bull market is coming in the near future

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 28, 2024, 08:01:58 PM

Of course I am ready and the plan is the same as it used to be in my first bull market of 2017 - hold.

I took some profit every bull market, but it was what I call survival profit. To hold a lot of bitcoin you need many things. You need to secure your home, make sure you have a hardware wallet and nobody can take your money from you. You need to be healthy, eat well, live long, otherwise you won't be able to eat the fruit of your labor when the time comes.

Having that in mind I sold some of my bitcoin in every bull market, but it wasn't a lot, sometimes 10%, sometimes less. I still have at least 80% of what I held in 2016, but the profit allowed me to live a happy life.

criptoevangelista

Activity: 252
Merit: 502

Siga sempre em frente! always move forward!

View Profile
February 28, 2024, 08:14:05 PM

I have exactly these doubts, I even asked in the wall topic, I'm still studying what I should do, after all, each person has their own particularities, everyone's reality is very different... I really like knowing people's opinions and how they deal with that, not asking some kind of “buy and sell indication”, none of that... just education about this entire bitcoin ecosystem.

The wisest thing to do is to try to learn from more experienced people who have already been through almost everything. Information and knowledge is an extremely valuable assets

bSpend

Activity: 325
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 28, 2024, 08:34:03 PM

l planned to invest some of my money in bitcoin and live the investment for a long time. l may or may not wait till the end of the bull run before l sell almost all or all my investment, depending on the outcome of things along the path. My target is to make reasonable and good profit at the end of it all.
If you haven't and want to invest in bitcoin, then you are still a bit early, though the price of bitcoin have risen to a significant height compared to what the price used to be through out the beginning of last year till the end, and even at the beginning of this year, but there is still room for much more growth, we are not in the bull run yet, and when we finally hit or enter the bull run, rest assured that we will see bitcoin reach and even go above $100,000, if you can buy up to 1 bitcoin right now, you have a potential $40,000 profit or even more, when it hit 100,000 which it sure will.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
oktana

Activity: 1582

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2024, 11:35:42 PM

I am new in bitcoin and I haven't experienced any bull run after the halving, and this will be the first halving and bull run that I will experience. But from the article that you provided, it shows that bitcoin has repeated history, over and over again, which means that we should expect such price movement during this period to the ATH. It is just that it will not be accurate or exactly like the previous ones, but from past event,it shows that it might be similar, and the odds are high.

Due to the fact that I can't really tell when the new ATH will be, I have decided to have a price target that if bitcoin price reaches, I will take profit, and if it doesn't reach such price target, I will just wait and hodli. I plan to sell only 40% of my portfolio, and hodli the rest. I don't play with altcoins because they are like gambling, due the pump and dump nature.

Halving and Bull run aren’t always connected, or I’d say wouldn’t always be connected. Yes, the halving can bring about a bull run but it isn’t always guaranteed. It could happen that a circumstance will happen and hinder it, but since the halving is already programmed, it will happen any way. For this halving, apparently we’re seeing the bull run, but next time, invest with caution.

Regarding altcoins, you can play with it, just make sure you’re dealing with the top and reputable ones.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Maslate

Activity: 2982
Merit: 677

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
February 28, 2024, 11:48:30 PM

l planned to invest some of my money in bitcoin and live the investment for a long time. l may or may not wait till the end of the bull run before l sell almost all or all my investment, depending on the outcome of things along the path. My target is to make reasonable and good profit at the end of it all.
If you haven't and want to invest in bitcoin, then you are still a bit early, though the price of bitcoin have risen to a significant height compared to what the price used to be through out the beginning of last year till the end, and even at the beginning of this year, but there is still room for much more growth, we are not in the bull run yet, and when we finally hit or enter the bull run, rest assured that we will see bitcoin reach and even go above $100,000, if you can buy up to 1 bitcoin right now, you have a potential $40,000 profit or even more, when it hit 100,000 which it sure will.
I cannot say it’s early nor late but if you want to invest now, you are just right on time. Bitcoin halving and bull run are still few months away so you still have a lot of time to invest and back up with DCA. Don’t wait for bitcoin price to drop down or show some price decline because even us don’t have no idea when it will happen. Just buy and hold on your spare money. While bitcoin investment is highly profitable, but we should learn to invest with caution. As long as it’s market remains unpredictable, then no one can tell what the future holds for bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10194

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 01:00:12 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2024, 02:56:16 AM by JayJuanGee

It probably depends on the size of your stash.. but still selling half of your stash at one price point like that seems pretty dumb.  Seems like you have little to no confidence in BTC or otherwise you are just a gambler type without proper tools (and without a proper assessment of the value of BTC).

Let's say that you have 2 BTC.. so that is currently $122k of value.. and you are anxious to sell some of it (half at $100k-ish)

It seems to me that we have no way of knowing if the BTC price will come back down once it gets into the 6 digits, but if you are anxious about selling decent amounts of your BTC and you want to be somewhat aggressive about that, I would suggest a more modest and incremental sales amount that would preserve the value of your BTC in case it goes up more...

So instead of selling 50% at $100k  You might consider starting to sell 15% at $90k and then selling  15% every time that the price increases by 20% (or maybe 25%).. Such a plan (that I believe is a bit too aggressive on the sales side) would look something like this:

In this kind of a plan, it would still take you until $186k to sell half of your BTC, but your BTC would be increasing in value during that time (and the hypothetical chart presumes a cost of $40k, so after the first two sales you had gotten back your principle) .. and if the BTC price were to get up to $186k, you would have had ended up raking off $140k rather than only $100k and you would still have half of your original BTC stash that would be worth right around $194k (not that great, but still better than selling half at $100k).

Personally, I think that selling BTC in more incrementalist ways is better, and you can plug in your own numbers through fillippone's Google spreadsheet that is linked in this post.

Edit:
Another personal choice that I make in my own BTC portfolio management is of a long term investor and not a trader, so it is to ONLY sell no more than 10% for every doubling of price, and part of my presumption is that the person who is selling has reached a decently large BTC holding so there is no goal to buy back the BTC.. yet I understand in this case there are intentions to buy back.. yet I suppose that the BTC price would still have to drop enough to hit the buy back targets.   . so then in a scenario of accumulating a decently sized stash would then be to figure out when to perform the first sale (raking of profits) and then what increments to rake profits after that.. so the first rake might be doubling or tripling or maybe even higher. .and then each increment could be less than a doubling, but even with increments of 50% profits, then maybe the sell amount should stick to being no more than 5%.. or if the increments were 25% then the sell amounts might be no more than 2.5%.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Troytech

Activity: 140
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 04:01:56 AM

Personally, I think that selling BTC in more incrementalist ways is better

This pattern of selling is good cause it doesn't have much effect on the size or amounts of bitcoin you already have and it's built to only take profits when there is a doubling or tripling of bitcoin price that way I'll only be selling off 10% of my profits and I'll still have enough value of bitcoin untouched and still on hold.

But I think like you said it's not really necessary for newbie investors like me to be thinking in terms of withdrawal cause we should be in our accumulation stage where we are trying to build up our bitcoin stash and thinking in such terms may begin to look like a gamble cause we are not well prepared for price drops and our stash is not big enough to withstand big price drops, so it would be better that early investors here forget about withdrawal and focus more on trying to build their bitcoin stash for up to 4 years.

Easteregg69

Activity: 1438
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 04:08:01 AM

I be in it touching least possible. Grids set.

"One day I will send a Mister Killmeister out there with nothing but a wrench".

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 04:36:03 AM

This pattern of selling is good cause it doesn't have much effect on the size or amounts of bitcoin you already have and it's built to only take profits when there is a doubling or tripling of bitcoin price that way I'll only be selling off 10% of my profits and I'll still have enough value of bitcoin untouched and still on hold.

Selling up to 10% or even 25% for every doubling is not as bad as the example that I had given in the chart, which is selling 15% for every 20% rise.. because in the chart, the amount of sales pretty much sells the vast majority of profits, so there is less benefits from bitcoin's compounding effects.. but that's o.k. people can choose there balances in terms of how much of their profits that they want to shave off versus how much they want to keep rolling into their investment.. so I frequently assert that if you are a long term investor in the best asset in the world, then if you figure out the profits, then the most that you should shave off is 50%, and so that way the other 50% can roll over.. and again, people are going to decide for themselves in terms of how much they are mostly holding bitcoin or how anxious they are to get their dollar profits earlier rather than being more modest in their withdrawal efforts.

Another thing is that if the guy is expecting to buy back, then he might be more anxious to sell more in order to be able to buy back more, yet part of the problem with that is that he might not be able to buy back... just think of all of the guys selling in the last year or so, there have not been very many corrections in the last year, and so you would have had been much better off to not be selling and mostly just continuing to buy, especially if you have already assessed that you don't have enough coins.

But I think like you said it's not really necessary for newbie investors like me to be thinking in terms of withdrawal cause we should be in our accumulation stage where we are trying to build up our bitcoin stash and thinking in such terms may begin to look like a gamble cause we are not well prepared for price drops and our stash is not big enough to withstand big price drops, so it would be better that early investors here forget about withdrawal and focus more on trying to build their bitcoin stash for up to 4 years.

Well, building up may well take even longer than 4 years.. but at least 4 years is a good start so that you are not causing yourself too much impatience.. so if you are investing 10% per year, it is going to take you 10 years to reach 1 year's salary invested... so if you are able to be more aggressive than that, then you can cut your timeline down, but you cannot necessarily rush how aggressive that you are able to be.. and maybe you can get up to 25% to 30% of your salary, but are you going to feel stressed about that?  You gotta figure out a balance that might be aggressively investing but not causing you too much stress that might trigger you to not be able to keep everything balanced, including hobbies and perhaps even self-development, if you are a younger person still building your career skills.

I be in it touching least possible. Grids set.

"One day I will send a Mister Killmeister out there with nothing but a wrench".

Yes.. $5 wrench attacks are part of anyone's concerns if there might be too much disclosure and also if we might not be presenting matters in terms of hypotheticals.  We can use round numbers to present matters, but sometimes we might need to make the numbers larger or smaller in order to attempt to address various kinds of hypothetical persons.

Do you have any suggestions in regards to how to talk about these kinds of matters.. in order to present possible ways of showing examples?

Or are you suggesting that we should not say anything?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Tmoonz

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 05:15:25 AM

What do you think will happen within six months? Are you just buying to make some quick profits and sell off?

I'm still buying because I'm using the DCA method. So long as Bitcoin is still below $100k, it is still a good buy for me in this present market cycle.

I plan to hodl for several years so I'm not panicking over the present bullish market. The bigger bull market is coming in the near future

I agree with you on this, thou is the responsibility of every investor to decide what ever he want to do with his investment, as for me I think is best having a more financial plans as regards to improving your emergency, reserve and float funds allocation which will gives you more confidence for hodling more longer with hope that Bitcoin still have a long way to go.it is best you have your personal needs sufficiently covered up.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Chibit01

Activity: 42
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 06:41:08 AM

I agree with you on this, thou is the responsibility of every investor to decide what ever he want to do with his investment, as for me I think is best having a more financial plans as regards to improving your emergency, reserve and float funds allocation which will gives you more confidence for hodling more longer with hope that Bitcoin still have a long way to go.it is best you have your personal needs sufficiently covered up.

Yes of course it is the responsibility of every investor to decide what they will do with their investments at the end of its term I guess the more reason for investment is actually for the call of emergency and  when you have a source of allocations and steady flow of profit from your investment it will call for any alarm so making investments with your bitcoin has becoming one of the decisions anyone can make just like me as a newbie i have an investment in bitcoin which is already making a huge appreciation already and i dare not to regret while i made such investment because bitcoin is what i actually do not know.much about but I took a drastic decision without looking back to make my investments in bitcoin but today I am one of that happiest people who are seeing their investments growing
Smack That Ace
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1094

Eid Mubarak

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 07:44:25 AM

Depending on the amount of an investor that is when they may choose if they will accumulate only bitcoin in their portfolio or diversify by adding other altcoins into them. But i can't think or imagine adding any altcoins during this period of my accumulation. If i have enough money to buy bitcoin like at least $100 in bitcoin every week i will disregard altcoin entirely. Fuck shitcoins for now, i can only play around it if i want my kids to have little on their wallet. Funny i don't have any kids yet but bitcoin which will reach 60k before the end of this week should be enough reason for any investor to focus on accumulating it rather than thinking about shitcoins.

Yes, each person's decisions and choices are different. Bitcoin is safe and offers significant returns but once the bull season arrives, many altcoins will offer better returns than bitcoin. Yesterday bitcoin hit $64k and today it is still trading above $62k, which is a big win for those who persisted in DCA bitcoin every week from $15k to date. But if you look at shitcoins like pepe, Fet, WLD... they have brought x2-x5 profits in just the last 2 months. That's why I say investing in altcoins during bear season is a bad idea but during bull season is when altcoin price increases are at their craziest. But everyone's investment preferences are different and we should respect each other's decisions.

Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2156
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 07:49:29 AM

Thats a great plan. But to be honest if we currently see the growth rate of Bitcoins, then it is assumed that the coin will go above 100k usd. So if you want to earn some extra profits, then don’t the sell the half amount also. Bitcoins are very rare now a days. Hence it will be ideal to hold it. Bull run has just started and it has promised exciting returns. Hence if possible buy now and hold for few more weeks. Then sell all of the stacked coins once, when Bitcoins cross the 100k usd range.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Agbamoni

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 09:39:47 AM

Selling up to 10% or even 25% for every doubling is not as bad as the example that I had given in the chart, which is selling 15% for every 20% rise..
The main reason i will not buy this idea is because as an investor i believe we should focus on the amount of bitcoin we have not the equivalent to dollars. Am more concerned about the fraction of bitcoin if i have since i have not been able to acquire a whole of it. For instance, the price of bitcoin increases to 100k for a whole bitcoin if i am to sell 10% i won't be having a complete bitcoin anymore some fractions would be out from the 1 btc i have. So, i can't stand the chance to lose any fraction of my bitcoin because i want more and more that is why i am still accumulating.

Long term holders do not trade, and trading is the only possible way you could increase or decrease your amount of bitcoin holdings. Like buy when it gets low and selling when it gets high. Your bitcoin amount will increase as well as the value. But trading is not in my dictionary when investing in bitcoin same to other investors too. That means if you are holding for decades losing any fraction of your bitcoin because you sell will be a bad idea. The plan is to accumulate more and not to sell not even the least fraction of it.

That is the main reason i am not selling any part of my bitcoin even if there is an increase of 100% as long as i have not achieved my long-term goals. Anyone may call it fear i dont know what you may call it but ill rather take the fear of not losing any fraction.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2024, 05:18:28 AM

Yes of course it is the responsibility of every investor to decide what they will do with their investments at the end of its term I guess the more reason for investment is actually for the call of emergency and  when you have a source of allocations and steady flow of profit from your investment it will call for any alarm so making investments with your bitcoin has becoming one of the decisions anyone can make just like me as a newbie i have an investment in bitcoin which is already making a huge appreciation already and i dare not to regret while i made such investment because bitcoin is what i actually do not know.much about but I took a drastic decision without looking back to make my investments in bitcoin but today I am one of that happiest people who are seeing their investments growing

If you are new to both investing and to bitcoin, then it could take 10-20 years to build up your investment portfolio, so the mere fact that your short-term investment is going up likely does not mean much of anything... unless you might have lump sum invested and taken value from other investments that you have - presuming that you have an investment portfolio. 

If you want to be an investor with a long term plan, then don't let short term BTC price moves distract you.

That's why I say investing in altcoins during bear season is a bad idea but during bull season is when altcoin price increases are at their craziest. But everyone's investment preferences are different and we should respect each other's decisions.

That's why many of us tend to say fuck shitcoins - especially when we are in a bitcoin thread.  No respect is needed for shitcoins, and there are plenty of threads in which you can talk about your various shitcoins without pumping them in bitcoin threads.

Selling up to 10% or even 25% for every doubling is not as bad as the example that I had given in the chart, which is selling 15% for every 20% rise..
The main reason i will not buy this idea is because as an investor i believe we should focus on the amount of bitcoin we have not the equivalent to dollars. Am more concerned about the fraction of bitcoin if i have since i have not been able to acquire a whole of it. For instance, the price of bitcoin increases to 100k for a whole bitcoin if i am to sell 10% i won't be having a complete bitcoin anymore some fractions would be out from the 1 btc i have. So, i can't stand the chance to lose any fraction of my bitcoin because i want more and more that is why i am still accumulating.

Long term holders do not trade, and trading is the only possible way you could increase or decrease your amount of bitcoin holdings. Like buy when it gets low and selling when it gets high. Your bitcoin amount will increase as well as the value. But trading is not in my dictionary when investing in bitcoin same to other investors too. That means if you are holding for decades losing any fraction of your bitcoin because you sell will be a bad idea. The plan is to accumulate more and not to sell not even the least fraction of it.

That is the main reason i am not selling any part of my bitcoin even if there is an increase of 100% as long as i have not achieved my long-term goals. Anyone may call it fear i dont know what you may call it but ill rather take the fear of not losing any fraction.

I agree that it is a good idea to continue to accumulate bitcoin until you reach a point that you feel that you either have enough or that you have too much, which would then justify selling some of it.

In regards to your concerns about valuing bitcoin in dollars, of course, bitcoin has not taken over the world, so we still live in a world in which our expenses are likely denominated in dollars (or in our local currency) so we have to continue to account for those kinds of matters, even if we are still heavily into increasing the quantity of BTC that we hold.

Your discussion of fractions of a coin is nonsensical, because who gives any shits about whole coins, especially if you are still a long way from even owning a whole coin.  By definition you are likely building up to a whole coin through fractions of a coin at a time, and maybe it is better to start to think in terms of satoshis rather than in whole bitcoin. .. and that is true for a lot of us.  Even if there might be some forum members with whole coins, they likely are not moving around whole coins at a time, so frequently when it comes to managing coins, we are going to be dealing with fractions of a coin or satoshis, and even if we might want to have goals in which we accumulate and continue to hold more than a whole bitcoin, we can still accummulate extra satoshis.

Let's say for example, that a forum member spent 1- 2 years accumulating bitcoin (or satoshis), and after 5 years, he accumulated 1.38956292 BTC, but he has a goal to get up to 2 BTC, and so he spends another 6-7 years to accumulating more coins and he gets up to 2 BTC.. or maybe instead, he has had some fortune along the way and he accumulates some extra BTC, and so he ends up with 2.73418854 BTC.. so he has extra BTC in terms of his goals, but at the same time, we have no idea about the guy who spent 11-12 years and he had accumulated  2.73418854 BTC.. we have to think in terms of dollars too.. where is he at in terms of his investment.  What are his options.  At some point he might start to believe that he has enough BTC and he might start to shave off some of his extra BTC, and yeah, he will more likely shave it off in terms of satoshis rather than selling a bunch of it at once, but we still likely need to know a bit more about the guy and even what is the status of bitcoin in terms of either its dollar price or its price in terms of something, such as goods and services, in order to hypothesize about how many BTC is enough for the guy, and how many might be more than enough.. and then what the guy might start to consider doing in terms of potentially transitioning away from BTC accumulation and maybe into maintenance and maybe later into liquidation of his BTC stash... and it could be possible that the guy can figure out a system in which he is largely either not spending any of his BTC or he is spending only small amounts of his BTC from time to time.

rodskee

Activity: 2352
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 01, 2024, 07:47:52 AM

My recommendations

• Don't try to find All time high, you can not predict it correctly and you will only know ATH of a cycle after you are already in a bear market.
Correct mate, most greedy wanted to seek for ATH but after that don't know when to stop waiting.
this is why they turn into loser than winner.

• Don't time the market. Let's the market runs and try to exit with market cycle length, that you can base on Bitcoin history.
the moment you feel leaving better to do it directly than waiting for bigger profit and may gone sooner.

• Each cycle is unique and it can be longer or shorter than previous cycles but if you make your strategy on average cycle length, you will not take profit too far from the ATH & more important you will be able to avoid stuck too deep in a bear market.
also correct ,  each cycle is surely different from other one so decide for the good.

• If you don't want to exit the market by taking profit with all bitcoins you have, do DCA for profit taking, withdrawal like this strategy.
    instead of DCAing why not just sell and wait for the time dropping.[/list][/list]

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
      Print  

Jump to: