Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:48:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: better to send BTC to Wallet address or to my Public Key?  (Read 286 times)
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1512

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
February 02, 2024, 01:41:00 PM

You are kind of confused in your own words mate. Wallet Address is used to receive Bitcoin on the blockchain. Just prefer that instead of Public key.
I have never heard anyone sending Public key to receive payment. It's first time I am looking at something like this. I guess It's not the most optimal way to do payments in 2024.
Pi-network314159

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

View Profile
February 02, 2024, 01:56:47 PM

Hello

does it make a difference if the sender tranfers BTC funds to my Wallet address or to my Public Key?

Thank's in advance!
I don't really think so. Public key is public key while btc address is btc address. It's just like account number and transaction ID. Money can only be sent to your bank account but not  to your transaction ID because the id is the product of your transaction.
BD Technical

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 03, 2024, 04:36:14 AM

Hello

does it make a difference if the sender tranfers BTC funds to my Wallet address or to my Public Key?

Thank's in advance!
I don't understand your question clearly what you mean maybe you mean that if someone gives you bitcoin then who will give your bitcoin or send your address.  If your question is like how to get your bitcoins or how to make transactions then I will tell you that you must have your bitcoin receiving address and also your bitcoins.  Can't connect.  There is another way if you have your finance or wallet system with this ID or your email system or any system that you can do transactions with paid then you can do your bitcoin transaction with your email or this ID in that case you don't need recivertus but your ID  You cannot transact with
SeriouslyGiveaway

Activity: 462
Merit: 143

View Profile
February 04, 2024, 10:18:49 AM

Hello

Thank's in advance!
Yes, there is a difference between sending Bitcoin (BTC) to a wallet address and sending it to a public key. In practice, transactions are typically conducted using wallet addresses rather than public keys. Here's why:
- Wallet addresses are designed to be more user-friendly and are often presented in formats like Base58 or Base32, making them easier to read and share.
Public keys, on the other hand, are long and not user-friendly. Using public keys directly for transactions would be impractical for users.
- Directly using public keys for transactions might expose more information and could potentially be less secure.
- Different cryptocurrencies and wallets may use different public key formats, while wallet addresses are generally standardized within a specific cryptocurrency.
In summary, while both wallet addresses and public keys are interconnected, using wallet addresses is the standard and recommended practice for sending and receiving Bitcoin. Wallet addresses provide a user-friendly and secure way to transact, while public keys are more involved in the cryptographic processes underlying these transactions.
You can watch more explanation videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8es3qQWkEiU
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: