Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:47:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The MagiCurrency  (Read 53513 times)
Magicoin (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:17:42 PM

Vote Swisscex Smiley:

https://www.swisscex.com/voting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dandybtc

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:50:56 AM

the picture is very beautiful.

Magicoin (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:40:11 PM

the picture is very beautiful.

Glad to know you like it.
Git_2058

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:00:46 PM

The voting sucks. DEV: what did you get from them?

Magicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:20:19 PM

Swisscex will list our coin tonight. What a joke of the voting. They told me there is a contest between the first two coins, with some "hidden" rules, I believe.

We will try more exchanges as soon as we are able to.
Git_2058

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:35:09 PM

Swisscex will list our coin tonight. What a joke of the voting. They told me there is a contest between the first two coins, with some "hidden" rules, I believe.

We will try more exchanges as soon as we are able to.

Why you guys sent so many BTC to a nothing exchange? Why not mintpal, Bittrex, and so forth. Trading there is going nowhere and nothing. Just check the volume! Be smart man!!!

*EDIT*: you so rich for such a nothing exchange, give me that amount of BTC, I'll make one for you.  Grin

Swisscex

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:46:32 PM

Dear Magicoin community

We want to state our position on the past voting period, since we noticed that the communication between the Magicoin developer and us was not transferred to the community correctly. We handled the past voting period as carefully as always and did not depart from our procedures in any way. So we are trying to provide you maximum transparency in this case.

In order to give everyone the possibility to make his own judgement, here is what happened:
On Wednesday the 30th of April, Magicoin competed with another coin to win the ongoing voting period. We ended the voting period at exactly 23:00 UTC+1 as announced and visible in the countdown on the voting page. So nothing bad so far. The problem started with the fact that Magicoin did not have the most votes when the voting period ended and another coin has been added.

Shortly after we received a request by Magicoin through our help desk. He referred to transactions we credited only shortly after we chose the winner. Payments which would have helped Magicoin to get the most votes and added to the exchange. Unfortunately, those transaction did not get a single confirmation before the deadline. In order to get those payments accepted, our voting system requires transactions to have at least one confirmation. I don’t think anyone can blame us, that we do not accept unconfirmed transactions. Not yet confirmed transactions forced many coins to wait another one or two voting periods before. We do not encourage anyone to make these last minute votes. There is so much time to vote and make payments during the voting periods and we think we all know that Bitcoins transactions do not happen instantly.

We told Magicoin that the coin will have the best chances to get added to our exchange after the end of the next Voting period on Sunday. Magicoin was not willing to wait another four days until Sunday. After a long conversation we offered to add the coin earlier. Everything later than ASAP was inacceptable. We offered to add the coin the next day, 36 hours after the end of the past voting period, in the middle of the current voting period. In the eyes of Magicoin still too late.

We think this is a fair offer and shows our goodwill towards the Magicoin community. We are trying to find the best solution for all parties involved, especially in respect to the coin which won the past voting period.

Best regards,

Your SWISSCEX team

Visit our exchange: swisscex.com
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/swisscex

SWISSCEX | Official Announcement Thread
Follow us and get the latest news: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Reddit
Git_2058

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:54:43 PM

Dear Magicoin community

We want to state our position on the past voting period, since we noticed that the communication between the Magicoin developer and us was not transferred to the community correctly. We handled the past voting period as carefully as always and did not depart from our procedures in any way. So we are trying to provide you maximum transparency in this case.

In order to give everyone the possibility to make his own judgement, here is what happened:
On Wednesday the 30th of April, Magicoin competed with another coin to win the ongoing voting period. We ended the voting period at exactly 23:00 UTC+1 as announced and visible in the countdown on the voting page. So nothing bad so far. The problem started with the fact that Magicoin did not have the most votes when the voting period ended and another coin has been added.

Shortly after we received a request by Magicoin through our help desk. He referred to transactions we credited only shortly after we chose the winner. Payments which would have helped Magicoin to get the most votes and added to the exchange. Unfortunately, those transaction did not get a single confirmation before the deadline. In order to get those payments accepted, our voting system requires transactions to have at least one confirmation. I don’t think anyone can blame us, that we do not accept unconfirmed transactions. Not yet confirmed transactions forced many coins to wait another one or two voting periods before. We do not encourage anyone to make these last minute votes. There is so much time to vote and make payments during the voting periods and we think we all know that Bitcoins transactions do not happen instantly.

We told Magicoin that the coin will have the best chances to get added to our exchange after the end of the next Voting period on Sunday. Magicoin was not willing to wait another four days until Sunday. After a long conversation we offered to add the coin earlier. Everything later than ASAP was inacceptable. We offered to add the coin the next day, 36 hours after the end of the past voting period, in the middle of the current voting period. In the eyes of Magicoin still too late.

We think this is a fair offer and shows our goodwill towards the Magicoin community. We are trying to find the best solution for all parties involved, especially in respect to the coin which won the past voting period.

Best regards,

Your SWISSCEX team

Bullshit,,, bullshit BTC voting, everyone knows the intention why you guys take BTC for voting, all the winners sent a high amount of BTC, means high BTC = winner; I ask you give BTC to me, I'll make an exchange for Magicoin? take the BTC away, list the coin as you agreed, do your job!!!

*EDIT*: Magicoin PMed some info which I think I should mention too. The same issue happed to the winner CDN last time. You just let this happen again and again, like a "stealing".

Why not put some statements on your web, like Cryptsy did:

Paid votes can be submitted using either BTC or CryptsyPoints. To vote with BTC, simply send BTC to the deposit address listed next to the coin(s) you wish to support. Every 0.0002 BTC sent to the respective address received will count for 1 vote. You can click on the address link next to any coin to view payment votes cast using BTC, which are posted after getting 2 or more confirmations.

Magicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:08:29 PM

Dear Magicoin community

Best regards,

Your SWISSCEX team

Bullshit,,, bullshit BTC voting, everyone knows the intention why you guys take BTC for voting, all the winners sent a high amount of BTC, means high BTC = winner; I ask you give BTC to me, I'll make an exchange for Magicoin? take the BTC away, list the coin as you agreed, do your job!!!

*EDIT*: Magicoin PMed some info which I think I should mention too. The same issue happed to the winner CDN last time. You just let this happen again and again, like a "stealing".

Why not put some statements on your web, like Cryptsy did:

Paid votes can be submitted using either BTC or CryptsyPoints. To vote with BTC, simply send BTC to the deposit address listed next to the coin(s) you wish to support. Every 0.0002 BTC sent to the respective address received will count for 1 vote. You can click on the address link next to any coin to view payment votes cast using BTC, which are posted after getting 2 or more confirmations.

Calm down, mate. They agree to list it tonight, I will just wait then.
Magicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:27:08 PM

Dear Magicoin community

Best regards,

Your SWISSCEX team

If you talk about transparency, you should disclose what Git mentioned by adding a statement on the voting page. NOT EVERYONE knows voting through sending BTC will take that long (question is how long? you take 1 confirmation, or 2, 3 ..., please state clearly). That's why the issue happed to CDN last time (guess four days ago) (CDN is yesterday's winner), now happened to us. Don't you think this is unnormal? Anyway, please keep your word and list the coin by tonight as you promised.
Magicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:20:00 AM

New exchange added: https://www.swisscex.com/market/MAGIC_BTC
threedream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Stand up , Stand up , Stand up !

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:40:08 AM

logo is very beautiful, very good, where you can trade?

I have to get back all the lost .
Magicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:15:09 AM

logo is very beautiful, very good, where you can trade?

https://www.swisscex.com/market/MAGIC_BTC
chaoscoin

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:30:59 PM

Dose the logo like it?

Git_2058

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:46:50 PM

Dose the logo like it?

Are you serious?  Cheesy

Git_2058

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:30:10 PM

Nice, I will put some sell orders and see what happens.

Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:41:45 PM

Dev, i think itd be in all our best interest to add POS functionality to the code or this coin will get left behind. POS energy efficient mining is going to be the leading edge of crypto. it kind of all ready is. miners now prefer staking coins as this prevents the need for buying more and more hashing power.

if u really want this coin to have permanent and stable future value then i believe it would be best to implement this function earlier in the blockchain rather than later. if u do consider this suggestion.. please also consider using a very low inflation rate.. like 1-5% staking per annum. this will keep the supply from increasing too fast and far beyond market demand.

Best Regards
Magicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:49:17 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 05:57:55 AM by Magicoin

If you are not able to sync the network, try these nodes:

addnode=107.170.52.31
addnode=162.243.219.192
addnode=107.170.52.79
addnode=69.39.239.227
Magicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:03:29 AM

Dev, i think itd be in all our best interest to add POS functionality to the code or this coin will get left behind. POS energy efficient mining is going to be the leading edge of crypto. it kind of all ready is. miners now prefer staking coins as this prevents the need for buying more and more hashing power.

if u really want this coin to have permanent and stable future value then i believe it would be best to implement this function earlier in the blockchain rather than later. if u do consider this suggestion.. please also consider using a very low inflation rate.. like 1-5% staking per annum. this will keep the supply from increasing too fast and far beyond market demand.

Best Regards

Thanks for the suggestions and I believe this would be a good advice to change the situation that MAGIC has received less attention compared to other coins; but POS is really a good option? as POS means inflation, which contrasts BTC, LTC. 
Magicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:19:19 AM

Try our faucet and IRC tipbot:

http://faucet.cryptomagic.com/
http://www.cryptomagic.com/about-us/irc-chat.htm

Our official block explorer will be here (soon): www.magichain.info
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: