Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:57:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question For Scanning Multiple Addresses Simultaneously with Bitcoin Core  (Read 80 times)
BitcoinCanSaveUsAll (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 04:25:07 PM
Merited by ABCbits (2), Forsyth Jones (1)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to scan multiple addresses simultaneously with your own node rather than querying each one independently in the console such as the below command:

scantxoutset "start" "[\"addr(bc1qsshluxkwzf3ksnm5gh8wpzt453x75f2gn6dlqw)\"]"

The above example is done with a BitWise address for reference only and is not mine however I would like to be able to figure this out as this command takes a very long time to perform as it has to scan the entire UTXO set so it would speed things up immensely if there was a way to add a list of addresses to scan a single command rather than having to enter one address at a time. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2024, 05:36:50 PM
Merited by pooya87 (4), ABCbits (2), icopress (1)

I just a research a bit and  I don't think this command would but you can try it and update here if it works or not.

First Command
Code:
bitcoin-cli scantxoutset start '["addr(<address>)", "addr(<address2>)"]'
Source: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/89759/fetch-utxo-bitcoin-to-address-created-by-rpc-importprivkey-without-rescan-like-o

Replace address and address2 to with the addresses you want.

If it does not work and if the command you provided above does work and you want multiple addresses then try this one

Code:
scantxoutset "start" "[\"addr(bc1qsshluxkwzf3ksnm5gh8wpzt453x75f2gn6dlqw)\", \"addr(Address2)\", \"addr(Address3)\"]"

Update here if it works or not.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitcoinCanSaveUsAll (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 06:27:23 PM

Thank you very much! Yes the second command worked.  I certainly appreciate your quick support! FYI I'm running a Windows node version 20.2 in case that helps.  Thanks again and have a great day!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: