Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:41:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you learn from chatting with older people  (Read 174 times)
Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 07:51:16 AM

We keep joking and seeing it as less important to have this conversation with the older people neglecting the fact that we have a proverb that says, "What an old person should see while sitting down even the young can not see that far if he has to climb the tallest tree". These old people are full of life experiences that could aswell be valuable to our lives and not getting the honey out of them yet while they still alive will have us to regret why we never took them serious.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abdulzuruku01

Activity: 102
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 28, 2024, 09:07:14 PM

Following the modernization of this generation the young people now find conversation very interesting when they discuss with their fellow young people who know what is in the modern world.
So does this mean that our grand parents are too old to chat with or we still have alot to learn from them or we have alot to teach them now. Our grand parents and other older people have very interesting parables at all times have your grandparents or parents ever told you a parable that sometimes you see things happening related to these parables for example, my dad will always call me sit me down whenever I tell him of what I intend doing and he will tell me, be foolish to be wise a man who talks like a woman is also a woman our grandparents say alot of mysterious words that later come to pass but do you think these words help you if you follow them or they are old ideas.

Today I went with my guy to visit his grandma while they where discussing though the discussion was not that interesting the guy took his phone to start operating the old woman said the problem with you young boys is this thing in your hand, the boy replied the phone? she said yes  the guy said but ma we are not saying anything important na the grandma said when you are in the present of your elders pay attention until you are done with them, actually we went there to relax but because of this we were not comfortable anymore so we didn't stay as expected.
So does the life style of the after people still have much to do in this modern generation, or it needs a mixup or better still do the modern day things and leave the old?.

Your post should have convinced you that  their lifestyle is more essential than this our modern age, because I fail to understand why an elderly person should be talking while he ignores him and engages in other disrespectful behaviour.
Our grandparents discussions are always interesting. I remember when my grandfather used to tell us a story about how they were struggling earlier and how they still tried to endure it, so anytime I'm worried about something or any of my siblings are worried about anything, he always advises us not to go extra hard to obtain everything.

Both the old and young generations worked to learn from one another. Previously, there was nothing like a bank, but the way people saved money gave rise to the concept of banks. Similarly, cryptocurrency didn't exist before, but Santoshi was inspired to create bitcoin by the way banks oppress people.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: