Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:05:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for the elderly homeless.  (Read 305 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2024, 03:57:22 PM

Regarding the trades you make, what will you do if Bitcoin continues to rise like the current situation? Do you always take 5%-10% profit when trading Bitcoin? because you are waiting for the price to drops by 5% or 10%

I'm a HODLer at heart, so I don't really take profits, except when I was scalping. When Bitcoin dropped below my purchase price, I moved it into a long term wallet, added funds to my account, and loked for a new buying opportunity. This is a bit of an eccentric method of scalping, and only works if you are sure the asset is going to increase in value long term. Also, it only works if you have some "play" money to use.

I really want Bitcoin to drop to £500, but that isn't going to happen. So my 5% or 10% idea is really a method of planning purchases. It doen't really have any scientific basis, but is a way to encourage me to move surplus savings/income into long term investments.

I didn't win with my Euro Millions ticket. I only got one star, and there are no prizes for that. I think I'm going to review this after 3 months, and may cancel this option.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2024, 05:43:05 PM

First of all, it's interesting to think that at the age you are now, it can be said that if God blessed you with a healthy body, in fact, I rarely see such a story here on the forum platform that has an interest in saving Bitcoin. at this time. And congratulations on that.

Now let's get back to what you're saying. I just noticed that the specs you're using are a bit low. Is that a laptop because it's only around 512 MB of RAM? I suggest you upgrade it to a higher OP. So that your storage is faster and doesn't fill up immediately. Also, from what I see, you are also a prudent and frugal person, in my opinion, and that is something that is interesting about the character you have now. I hope that, like you, I will also be given such a healthy body at the age you are now in the future. God bless you.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2024, 03:59:59 PM

Wow.

I missed that 45% drop in Bitcoins price a couple of days ago. Who could have predicted that, and what was the cause. It shows that I should have had a couple of market maker trades on an exchange. I wouldn't have set it to more than 10% though. Maybe it is worth leaving a long term buy option at 75% of the current market price. I need to look for exchanges that will let me do that without excessive commission charges.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Assface16678

Activity: 1358
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 14, 2024, 09:52:55 PM

you have been active on this forum for years, through all the post ATH corrections('15,'18,'22) of previous ATH('17,'21).. speaking about your copper collection, but now you finally want to take a punt at bitcoin whilst its on a ATH and leading upto the next patterned superior ATH of 2025

seems you missed out on the best opportunities, once again
It can't be helped; not all of us are destined to experience those opportunities, but that doesn't mean that you will stop or that it will hinder your investment or investing in bitcoin. As they say, there's no too late in investing in bitcoin, even if you missed a chance or opportunity, you still can have those things or you are the one that will make those opportunities. As bitcoin or crypto currency is volatile, there are no implications that it will be too late for you to invest because every day or every moment there are opened opportunities in the market. It will depend on how you see it and how you make those opportunities into profit. You just need to be resourceful and have patience with bitcoin because it will be a hardship to understand it or to be able to profit from it. Of course, you need a lot of things before you can start earning.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2024, 09:51:54 AM

Please don't quote posts by Franky in my threads. He's been trolling me for years, and I have him on permanent ignore. Just looking at his quoted posts illustrates the low value of his jealous and vitriolic comments. I have yet to see one of his posts that is based on rational and considered thought.

So onto happier topics. I appreciate that the notebook I want to use is of low(ish) spec by current standards, but I hoped that this thread could be helpful to newer Bitcoin enthusiasts, and they may have limited resources and finances. Of course I have Bitcoin in a variety of wallets, and I have run a node for a few years. I wanted to start completely from scratch by creating a new node by downloding the blockchain onto older machinery. I'm also doing it as a digital nomad without a fixed address.

It looks as if I was inaccurate in posting the specs of this Huawei Matebook. I've just been into the BIOS, and it reports the following.
cpu - i5 12450H
dimm - LPDDR$ 8192 Mb
sdd - 512GB

The hard drive is upgradeable, and I will need to check this when I get inside the machine. It's   running Windows 11 much to my  disgust, and this needs to be replaced by a Linux variant. I'm looking at some light versions including Manjaro and Zorin. Bodhi looks a bit unusual, and I wonder how it will cope with running a Bitcoin node.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2024, 02:53:33 PM

I've been inside the Matebook, and here is a pic of the motherboard.

It's a bit of a disappointment, as it looks as if the drive is the only thing I can upgrade that is relevant. It must have been the Reizen board that had the two drive sockets. I'm not prepared to delve any further into the internals, as the machine is running well, and I doubt if there are any easy upgrades under there. So the modified plan is to remove the current drive and put it in a USB box so that I can get at any files that I may want. I can then replace it with a 4 Tb drive, and maybe I'll partition that for the blockchain and wallet files. I'll start a new thread on the hardware tech board when the drive arrives. It would probably be useful to make a YouTube video as well. Maybe that would give someone confidence to try their own upgrade.

YUriy1991

Activity: 910
Merit: 218

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 03:42:18 PM

Wow.

I missed that 45% drop in Bitcoins price a couple of days ago. Who could have predicted that, and what was the cause. It shows that I should have had a couple of market maker trades on an exchange. I wouldn't have set it to more than 10% though. Maybe it is worth leaving a long term buy option at 75% of the current market price. I need to look for exchanges that will let me do that without excessive commission charges.

Yes. if we pay attention to the market Bitcoin price fell 3.74% in this 24 hours, because US macro data and BTC prices were corrected after the release of US inflation data, investors felt depressed due to this news and from the 4 hour time frame chart data, it is possible that it will still fall again, but if many people buy now, the price of 68k will not last long and will soon back to 70K back.

That's right, and today I think I have to hurry because the market is being kind, whether this opportunity will be the last I don't know, but while there are still funds and time, it's better if we do it immediately.

I've been inside the Matebook, and here is a pic of the motherboard.

I'm impressed. I hope all the steps you take are successful always.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 04:45:53 PM

Saving cash these days feels like watching it melt in your hand, thanks to inflation.  Bitcoin's like a shiny new toy in comparison, promising to fight off inflation and maybe even grow your money. But here's the rub. To buy Bitcoin on these big trading platforms, you gotta go through this whole KYC thing, which means giving up some personal info. Kinda feels like they're peering over your shoulder while you're trying to be all incognito.

So, what's a crypto newbie to do? There are these other swap places called DEXs that might be a bit more anonymous, but let's be honest, they ain't exactly user-friendly. Plus, Bitcoin's a bit of a rollercoaster ride, so while it might outrun inflation, it's not exactly a smooth journey. In the end, it's all about what you value most. Do you want something super easy and secure, even if it means giving up some anonymity? Or are you willing to deal with a bit more complexity to stay off the financial grid? There's no one-size-fits-all answer here.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: