Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:57:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your opinion on the use of text formatting, including colors, in forum posts?
I strongly support it
I support it
Neutral
I do not support it
I strongly oppose it

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Colored Text Usage in Forum Posts  (Read 1128 times)
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1780

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2024, 11:50:44 AM

Colored text is not the problem. The way you design your text is annoying because it unnecessarily screams for attention as if it demands to be read. Like for example, the text in this topic. Why would you feel the need to make it bold? Did you think that otherwise people would not read it?

Design your text in a non-spammy way and you won't hurt our eyes or annoy us.

haha If I'm annoying you, don't feel pressured to post just to show your signature. I call it signature spamming.

do you like green more Huh

By the way, I opened this legit and serious poll to have a friendly and productive discussion and then it would be more than legit to show your signature this way.
Why do you always get personal? you don't have to like me, but why not stay on topic without attacking and insulting?

Contain your impotent rage, I was not trying to insult nor attack you. Perhaps you have thin skin or simply misunderstood me?   Tongue

Also, I have no posting requirements. I rent the signature out privately, not through a signature campaign. And even if you did not know that you could have taken a look at my number of posts and realized that I had way more posts than any signature campaign would count as a maximum. So your argument that I posted simply to show off my signature makes no sense.

But back to the color issue, yes greener is better on the eyes. Your red and green text makes it feel like Christmas in March. Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Yogee

Activity: 1554
Merit: 412

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 01:47:35 PM

I strongly oppose it and I would actually support a total ban of colored texts. The basic editing tool like bold and underline is more than enough to highlight something in your post. I'm glad that it's not a common occurrence here and I would probably end up ignoring members who post like that. No offense to anyone who thinks it's okay.
JackpotRacer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1014

All Games incl Racer and Lottery game are Closed

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 04:12:43 PM

Colored text is not the problem. The way you design your text is annoying because it unnecessarily screams for attention as if it demands to be read. Like for example, the text in this topic. Why would you feel the need to make it bold? Did you think that otherwise people would not read it?

Design your text in a non-spammy way and you won't hurt our eyes or annoy us.

haha If I'm annoying you, don't feel pressured to post just to show your signature. I call it signature spamming.

do you like green more Huh

By the way, I opened this legit and serious poll to have a friendly and productive discussion and then it would be more than legit to show your signature this way.
Why do you always get personal? you don't have to like me, but why not stay on topic without attacking and insulting?

Contain your impotent rage, I was not trying to insult nor attack you. Perhaps you have thin skin or simply misunderstood me?   Tongue

Also, I have no posting requirements. I rent the signature out privately, not through a signature campaign. And even if you did not know that you could have taken a look at my number of posts and realized that I had way more posts than any signature campaign would count as a maximum. So your argument that I posted simply to show off my signature makes no sense.

But back to the color issue, yes greener is better on the eyes. Your red and green text makes it feel like Christmas in March. Roll Eyes

Just read your post again, you should see that you attacked me! Let me say it again > this is a poll and you should vote and can explain why you voted how.

Since you show a signature, I thought you were a member of a signature campaign. That you have rented your space for a signature is not written there!
That you have no minimum or maximum postings or that you are not a member of a signature campaign does not matter, because you get paid for showing your signature. The word >renting< tells me that you are getting paid to carry the signature. Simple as that. If you were to have that signature without payment, I would apologize. Is there a member who carries a signature without being paid? I would take my hat off! as you can see I am not a member of any signature campaign and never have been.

Now back to the colored text, since you are still complaining.

you can color your text as you like same for me
you can eat whatever you like same for me
you can drive any car you like and same for me
you can vote as you like and same for me

this list can go on and on

Please check my Scam accusation against 👉 Blackjack.fun 👈 to be always up to date
                       👇🏿👇👇👇👇👇👇👇🏿
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5474047.0
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1780

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2024, 05:19:18 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2024, 05:30:46 PM by goldkingcoiner
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Just read your post again, you should see that you attacked me! Let me say it again > this is a poll and you should vote and can explain why you voted how.
I did do the poll. But you are right that I should have mentioned my vote: It was for neutral. because I see it as neither a bad nor good thing.

You said in your opening post that you were being attacked for your colorful text. I just decided to be truthful from my perspective as to why that may be. I did not mean to hurt your✨💖🌸 feelings 🌸💖✨. Grin

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 3269

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2024, 10:57:02 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I did do the poll. But you are right that I should have mentioned my vote: It was for neutral. because I see it as neither a bad nor good thing.

You said in your opening post that you were being attacked for your colorful text. I just decided to be truthful from my perspective as to why that may be. I did not mean to hurt your✨💖🌸 feelings 🌸💖✨. Grin

Although I voted that I was strictly against this phenomenon, still I don't have much against colourful letters, I just put those who overdo it on the ignore list.
That's how I protect my eyes and nerves.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tmoonz

Activity: 196
Merit: 154

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 04:32:58 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2024, 12:03:04 PM by Tmoonz
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), DirtyKeyboard (1)

Naturally, too much of anything can be very problematic, I only support appropriate usage of the color text without abusing it such a way it will not become irritating in the eyes of the reader, I think the colored text are meant to be used in marking a vital and important note that should get the reader attention easily as regards to how much of important the text is to the poster, below is one user color texting pattern I admires so much.

Week 32 Bitcoin payments has been processed.

👉 Bitvest Escrow Address: Current balance:

👉 Ps: Post on Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion thread aren't eligible for payment.
👉 Campaign is CFNP we don't have open slots.
👉 Remember not to spam as your accounts are been watched by spam watchers and if you're tagged or reported you'll be dropped from campaign without payment.

👉 if you have any inquiries or complains don't hesitate to inbox me or message me on Telegram @PedroBrainbossBM for faster response.

Sidenote: There's likely going to be a reshuffling happening anytime soon if the quality in the campaign doesn't improve. Things that'll be reviewed include Merit received in the last 120 days, Post quality and posting pattern (activeness in campaign).

You can see how important and vital the colored text can be to those it is relating to.

JackpotRacer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 09:02:40 AM

Naturally, too much of anything can be very problematic, I only support appropriate usage of the color text without abusing it such a way it will not become irritating in the eyes of the reader, I think text are meant to be used in marking an a vital and important note that should get the reader attention easily as regards to how much the text is to the poster, below is one user color texting pattern I admires so much.

Week 32 Bitcoin payments has been processed.

👉 Bitvest Escrow Address: Current balance:

👉 Ps: Post on Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion thread aren't eligible for payment.
👉 Campaign is CFNP we don't have open slots.
👉 Remember not to spam as your accounts are been watched by spam watchers and if you're tagged or reported you'll be dropped from campaign without payment.

👉 if you have any inquiries or complains don't hesitate to inbox me or message me on Telegram @PedroBrainbossBM for faster response.

Sidenote: There's likely going to be a reshuffling happening anytime soon if the quality in the campaign doesn't improve. Things that'll be reviewed include Merit received in the last 120 days, Post quality and posting pattern (activeness in campaign).

You can see how important and vital the colored text can be to those it is relating to.

Fair enough and thanks for the nice example

Please check my Scam accusation against 👉 Blackjack.fun 👈 to be always up to date
                       👇🏿👇👇👇👇👇👇👇🏿
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10408

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 16, 2024, 09:31:25 PM
Merited by examplens (1)

[edited out]

Since you show a signature, I thought you were a member of a signature campaign. That you have rented your space for a signature is not written there!
That you have no minimum or maximum postings or that you are not a member of a signature campaign does not matter, because you get paid for showing your signature. The word >renting< tells me that you are getting paid to carry the signature. Simple as that. If you were to have that signature without payment, I would apologize. Is there a member who carries a signature without being paid? I would take my hat off! as you can see I am not a member of any signature campaign and never have been.

I finally finished reading through this thread, and on the surface, I thought that there might have had been some kind of potentially interesting points in regards to the use of text colors in the forum, and/or other aspects related to posting style - yet largely, Op did not raise any real interesting or meaningful points, and even his poll questions are a bit stupid (retarded) and/or incomplete.

I am surely not neutral on the topic of forum members being able to post in colors, since personally it seems that being able to add colors can potentially help to emphasize or de-emphasize certain ideas contained within any post... yet at the same time, there is likely a bit of value in judiciousness rather than just having your posts in some other chosen color of the day for seemingly random and arbitrary reasons..or maybe ONLY reasons known to OP that still get back to the idea of attempts at attention whoring rather than sharing of actual significant and/or meaningful substance.

Surely as many other members have already mentioned in this thread, OP seems to merely want to get attention and does not really have much if anything to say with his font color choices, which also have already been pointed out to be both colorful and also screaming with BOLD.. and surely OP specifically fails/refuses to recognize and/or appreciate his own seemingly non-substantive desires for attention over meaningless and unimportant points which goes to trolling, distractions and noise rather than providing any kind of meaningful and substantive contributions to the forum.

I am not going to claim to have had read all (or even any.. from the substance of OP's posts in this thread and without even reading any of OP's historical posts, I am having some trouble imagining that there is any value in OP's historical posts) of OP's historical posts, and I doubt that it is even necessary to go through such a likely painful experience, since I merely became acquainted with OP through this thread, and I already saw enough of his boring repetitive drolling to realize that his desires to use varying font colors while bolding such text is not really helpful to anyone (perhaps not even helpful to himself), except to show him as a bit of an uninteresting nuisance.. and likely either immature, disingenuine (in terms of purposefully wanting to distract from topics, which is also known as trolling) or mentally instable as others have already mentioned aspects of these ideas and/or assessments of OP's character.. which surely is NOT likely too central to OP's stated purpose of this thread, but his own style ends up unnecessarily drawing attention to his character rather than really allowing some kind of meaningful exploration of potential upsides to using color and style within the font choices of posts.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JackpotRacer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 05:54:29 AM

[edited out]

I finally finished reading through this thread, and on the surface, I thought that there might have had been some kind of potentially interesting points in regards to the use of text colors in the forum, and/or other aspects related to posting style - yet largely, Op did not raise any real interesting or meaningful points, and even his poll questions are a bit stupid (retarded) and/or incomplete.

I am surely not neutral on the topic of forum members being able to post in colors, since personally it seems that being able to add colors can potentially help to emphasize or de-emphasize certain ideas contained within any post... yet at the same time, there is likely a bit of value in judiciousness rather than just having your posts in some other chosen color of the day for seemingly random and arbitrary reasons..or maybe ONLY reasons known to OP that still get back to the idea of attempts at attention whoring rather than sharing of actual significant and/or meaningful substance.

Surely as many other members have already mentioned in this thread, OP seems to merely want to get attention and does not really have much if anything to say with his font color choices, which also have already been pointed out to be both colorful and also screaming with BOLD.. and surely OP specifically fails/refuses to recognize and/or appreciate his own seemingly non-substantive desires for attention over meaningless and unimportant points which goes to trolling, distractions and noise rather than providing any kind of meaningful and substantive contributions to the forum.

I am not going to claim to have had read all (or even any.. from the substance of OP's posts in this thread and without even reading any of OP's historical posts, I am having some trouble imagining that there is any value in OP's historical posts) of OP's historical posts, and I doubt that it is even necessary to go through such a likely painful experience, since I merely became acquainted with OP through this thread, and I already saw enough of his boring repetitive drolling to realize that his desires to use varying font colors while bolding such text is not really helpful to anyone (perhaps not even helpful to himself), except to show him as a bit of an uninteresting nuisance.. and likely either immature, disingenuine (in terms of purposefully wanting to distract from topics, which is also known as trolling) or mentally instable as others have already mentioned aspects of these ideas and/or assessments of OP's character.. which surely is NOT likely too central to OP's stated purpose of this thread, but his own style ends up unnecessarily drawing attention to his character rather than really allowing some kind of meaningful exploration of potential upsides to using color and style within the font choices of posts.

Thanks for the laugh as I do not understand why you took the time for this BS posting of yours?

Maybe because you are a Beggar and posted your BTC address to get some sats. Can I send you 1 BTC?  Grin

BTW
largely,[color=purple] @JayJuanGee [/color]you are the stupid (retarded) and/or incomplete Beggar!

Shame that members like you are not banned here!

👇🏿👇👇👇👇👇👇👇🏿
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10408

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
Today at 07:06:25 PM

[edited out]
Thanks for the laugh as I do not understand why you took the time for this BS posting of yours?
Maybe because you are a Beggar and posted your BTC address to get some sats. Can I send you 1 BTC?  Grin

BTW
largely,[color=purple] @JayJuanGee [/color]you are the stupid (retarded) and/or incomplete Beggar!

Shame that members like you are not banned here!

The reason(s) for my post seems to already be self-contained in my post, so there is likely hardly any need for further description and/or explanation.

Surely, there can be objective and subjective ways to valuate the post(s) or the posting history of any member.

Probably, there is also no real need to go into detail in regards to the posting history of either you or me, even though both of us have been registered on the forum for quite a long time with your coming upon 9 years within a few days, and my own having a forum registration that is right around 16 months longer than you.

There have been some times in which I have engaged in some of my own formatting experiments, and even disagreeing with other forum members in regards to some of my presentation choices whether having to do with substance and/or style, so yeah to the extent that any of us might be attempting to be genuine in our communication of ideas on the forum, we do not necessarily need to agree with other members regarding some of the discretionary presentation matters in regards to style and/or substance.. even though sometimes style could get in the way, which surely seems to be more obvious in your situation as compared with my own situation, and even though at some point, there may well be questions in regards to whether some members might be presenting themselves with genuineness and perhaps even worthy of having their posts deleted or infringements upon their forum membership, whether if that might be through suspensions, banning or other forms of punishment.   

I think that theymos tends to be considerably open and tolerant of varying styles (even if some of the styles might be annoying), yet even forum administrators might have differing opinions in regards to which kinds of posts and/or which kinds of members might be deserving of their posts to be deleted or the terms of their forum membership to be curtailed in one form or another.  I doubt that my style and/or my presentation is even as close to being as questionable as to your own.. but hey whatever, I don't really care that much, even though as I said, I did end up going through this thread based on an initial interest in the topic, even though I interpret your own presentation of the issue regarding format (color specifically) devolving into a bit of trite self-absorbedness.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1060

Goodnight, o_e_l_e_o 🌹

View Profile WWW
Today at 09:00:31 PM

You can colour your text as you like only if it is for your personal reading. You make it less straining when it's for public consumption.

It is true that you can eat whatever you like, but you can't serve the public whatever you want. Rather you'll serve what is generally acceptable.

You can drive any car you want but not a government or military car.

There's freedom, but you don't use it to inconvenience others. I spent almost 30 mins trying to read from this page. The colour hazard is a nightmare, I don't think I'm coming to this thread again.
I would have voted if there's an option like "do what is right"

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████