Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:31:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IRS FORM 1040 "Digital Assets  (Read 707 times)
larry_vw_1955 (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 370

View Profile
May 03, 2024, 05:55:47 AM

Don't you think you're contradicting yourself?
Tax evasion is a crime, then how can you legally commit a crime? I know that tax crimes in the USA have no statute of limitations.

he's not evading taxes. he's avoiding them by doing particular types of things which are legal... Angry and trust me, i'm sure the IRS knows about him. and looks over his tax returns every single year VERY CAREFULLY. oh, and he even invests some of his money into bitcoin among other things. as a side thing. care to guess who he is? i bet he is rolling around in tens of millions of dollars if not more in liquid fiat currency right now. and could buy anything he wanted. that type of thing.

It all depends on the system and its tasks. If the system does not fulfill its tasks, then it is bad for the state and good for the people.
And vice versa. After all, the interests of the state and the interests of people do not always coincide.
And the fact that the court gives longer prison sentences for tax crimes than for murder or similar crimes is a problem of your judicial system.

Well, the "state" and the people are not on an equal level. The state prints all the money. They print it and it immediately becomes valuable just because they printed it. and it looks nice and people can't easily make fake copies of it. does that sound like a very good system to you?

zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 4309

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2024, 10:46:01 AM

Don't you think you're contradicting yourself?
Tax evasion is a crime, then how can you legally commit a crime? I know that tax crimes in the USA have no statute of limitations.

he's not evading taxes. he's avoiding them by doing particular types of things which are legal... Angry and trust me, i'm sure the IRS knows about him. and looks over his tax returns every single year VERY CAREFULLY. oh, and he even invests some of his money into bitcoin among other things. as a side thing. care to guess who he is? i bet he is rolling around in tens of millions of dollars if not more in liquid fiat currency right now. and could buy anything he wanted. that type of thing.

It all depends on the system and its tasks. If the system does not fulfill its tasks, then it is bad for the state and good for the people.
And vice versa. After all, the interests of the state and the interests of people do not always coincide.
And the fact that the court gives longer prison sentences for tax crimes than for murder or similar crimes is a problem of your judicial system.

Well, the "state" and the people are not on an equal level. The state prints all the money. They print it and it immediately becomes valuable just because they printed it. and it looks nice and people can't easily make fake copies of it. does that sound like a very good system to you?
You and I live in different countries with different mentalities. In Russia, an average exchanger on the wholesale market in Moscow can change 10-20 million dollars in a day or half a day. Nobody pays taxes on this. A lot of goods come to Russia from China and Chinese sellers accept cryptocurrencies without any problems. If earlier merchants carried dollars across the border, now rarely anyone does this thanks to the introduction of cryptocurrencies.
If your friend cheated the tax system and tells his friends about it, then he is taking a city risk.

Thanks to cryptocurrencies, you can now print your own money.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
larry_vw_1955 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 02:29:45 AM

You and I live in different countries with different mentalities. In Russia, an average exchanger on the wholesale market in Moscow can change 10-20 million dollars in a day or half a day. Nobody pays taxes on this.
guaranteed nothing like that could exist in the usa. you could have to kyc every single customer and document how much they exchanged and if it is over a certain amount you would also have to report that to the authorities. i am sure about that.

If your friend cheated the tax system and tells his friends about it, then he is taking a city risk.
he didn't cheat anything. he just took advantage of how things are. there are certain ways to get income without having to pay any taxes on it and he took that to the extreme i guess! all legal. and he brags about it. and normal everyday people watch in disbelief. since they didn't think that could be done. since they're paying taxes of course.

Thanks to cryptocurrencies, you can now print your own money.
and be subject even more regulation from the usa government than if you just used their fiat currency. the irs is going to be cracking down and doing alot more audits of wealthy people i heard. they got some extra funding to do more auditing. so they're really looking for people to BUST.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/irs-says-its-audits-are-about-to-surge-heres-who-it-is-targeting/ar-AA1o2S2x?ocid=BingNewsSerp

zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2024, 07:40:54 AM

larry_vw_1955, I already told you that many expats live in the USA and people, when meeting in person, exchange cryptocurrency in the USA for dollars and back without registration or other tax reports.
I understand that this is illegal in the US, but it exists.

In any country there are gaps in tax legislation, but as soon as people start using it often, these holes close. According to Russian practice, such opportunities last from 6 months to several years. And the most cunning ones will then face a comprehensive tax audit.

And when there are a lot of rich people in a country, then it’s time to replenish the country’s budget.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
larry_vw_1955 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2024, 01:36:49 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2024, 02:24:52 AM by larry_vw_1955

larry_vw_1955, I already told you that many expats live in the USA and people, when meeting in person, exchange cryptocurrency in the USA for dollars and back without registration or other tax reports.

you can't really stop people from doing p2p transfers with bitcoin. fiat can't really be tracked unless it is part of the banking system. not all fiat is in the banking system. but with that said you do have to trust the other party not to snitch on you.

but don't you think this declaration on the IRS individual tax returns which demands them to disclose if they have been involved in cryptocurrency isn't that just kind of like them telling people to raise your hand if you think you're a good person for us to audit? i would think so. i think they need a better way to enforce reporting than to put people on a "goodwill" system. that's kind of like self checkout. you're just inviting people to be dishonest. with SECRETIVE HIDDEN systems in place to try and catch them. rather than doing your job yourself.

people shouldn't have to be forced to incriminate themself. i think the IRS asking them a question like that kind of violates their 5th amendment rights.  Shocked
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2024, 07:07:22 PM

you can't really stop people from doing p2p transfers with bitcoin. fiat can't really be tracked unless it is part of the banking system. not all fiat is in the banking system. but with that said you do have to trust the other party not to snitch on you.

but don't you think this declaration on the IRS individual tax returns which demands them to disclose if they have been involved in cryptocurrency isn't that just kind of like them telling people to raise your hand if you think you're a good person for us to audit? i would think so. i think they need a better way to enforce reporting than to put people on a "goodwill" system. that's kind of like self checkout. you're just inviting people to be dishonest. with SECRETIVE HIDDEN systems in place to try and catch them. rather than doing your job yourself.

people shouldn't have to be forced to incriminate themself. i think the IRS asking them a question like that kind of violates their 5th amendment rights.  Shocked
Most likely, the organizer of such an exchange will be recruited by a special service in the United States and will transmit all data on exchanges. But in Russia, such people do not live long or their lives are not very peaceful. Their cars and houses are usually on fire and they are afraid to walk calmly down the street.
And if someone is engaged in activities that are not quite legal, he should not communicate with the police or tax authorities without his lawyer. Most people don't know their legal rights, but a good lawyer can help.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
larry_vw_1955 (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 01:13:28 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2024, 01:28:38 AM by larry_vw_1955

Most likely, the organizer of such an exchange will be recruited by a special service in the United States and will transmit all data on exchanges. But in Russia, such people do not live long or their lives are not very peaceful. Their cars and houses are usually on fire and they are afraid to walk calmly down the street.
And if someone is engaged in activities that are not quite legal, he should not communicate with the police or tax authorities without his lawyer. Most people don't know their legal rights, but a good lawyer can help.

the USA government is probably behind AgoraDesk and LocalMonero being shut down. Since they couldn't control it, they had to try and shut them down instead. AgoraDesk didn't want to "snitch" on their users. So they just closed down even though they were not even located in the usa.

the IRS wants it so the only place you can buy or sell bitcoin is through companies who are legally required to snitch on you.  Shocked that's pretty much what it is coming to it seems like.

not only that but they want to make you incriminate yourself by answering questions about your crypto activity under the assumption that you are not to be trusted. even though there's almost nowhere you can exchange bitcoin without being reported, they still want to make you answer some dumb questions. kind of like putting your hand on the bible and swearing to tell the truth as though that really means anything.
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2024, 12:14:57 PM

the USA government is probably behind AgoraDesk and LocalMonero being shut down. Since they couldn't control it, they had to try and shut them down instead. AgoraDesk didn't want to "snitch" on their users. So they just closed down even though they were not even located in the usa.

the IRS wants it so the only place you can buy or sell bitcoin is through companies who are legally required to snitch on you.  Shocked that's pretty much what it is coming to it seems like.

not only that but they want to make you incriminate yourself by answering questions about your crypto activity under the assumption that you are not to be trusted. even though there's almost nowhere you can exchange bitcoin without being reported, they still want to make you answer some dumb questions. kind of like putting your hand on the bible and swearing to tell the truth as though that really means anything.
If the government has closed several decentralized exchanges, then other exchanges will appear in their place that will operate more securely.
I think you have heard a lot of news about searches and closures of stock exchanges in Russia in the large trading business center Moscow City.
One crypto company closes, and a month later a similar company opens in the next office, which is already taking into account the sad experience of its former neighbors.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████