Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:38:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I bet 98% of you do not realize this about Ripple  (Read 2551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
~Coinseeker~

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:42:49 AM

Naming ripple the coin the same as ripple the payment system the same as the debt transfer system is also an example of the scammyness.

Reminds me of the UFO guys. You don't believe in UFO's? That's ridiculous! It just means something flying which we have not identified. Unidentified Flying Objects!

Then they go on about the small green creatures from outer space collecting human samples.

Congratulations! You are part of the 98%!!!

I find it hilarious how many people on bitcointalk need to share their opinion about something that they have no idea about.

Ripples (XRP) are different to Ripple. There are Ripples on the Ripple network.

The coin is not called Ripple.

What he's trying to say is, Ripple, the protocol, is not the same thing as ripples (XRP).  They are two different things.  Just like Bitcoin is the protocol and bitcoin is the currency.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
~Coinseeker~

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:37:45 PM

The linked post has nothing to do with GLD.  I don't really even know what that is.  To many alts to keep track of.   This article is about the issue of central clearing for decentralized currencies.  Personally, not the future I want to see.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:41:46 PM

what about ripple vs nem?
Ripple is good to sell right now.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:36:13 PM

Naming ripple the coin the same as ripple the payment system the same as the debt transfer system is also an example of the scammyness.

Reminds me of the UFO guys. You don't believe in UFO's? That's ridiculous! It just means something flying which we have not identified. Unidentified Flying Objects!

Then they go on about the small green creatures from outer space collecting human samples.

Congratulations! You are part of the 98%!!!

I find it hilarious how many people on bitcointalk need to share their opinion about something that they have no idea about.

Ripples (XRP) are different to Ripple. There are Ripples on the Ripple network.

The coin is not called Ripple.

What he's trying to say is, Ripple, the protocol, is not the same thing as ripples (XRP).  They are two different things.  Just like Bitcoin is the protocol and bitcoin is the currency.  

No, not just like bitcoin.

The ripple protocol is different from the mining (does it exist) and transfer system. It is about debt transfer. So yes, they use the same name for two different things.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:55:04 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 12:23:07 AM by tokeweed

i think almost everyone, including people in the ripple community themselves, do not get how immense ripple is and what impact it could make to the world if adopted in a massive scale.

when people think about crypto-currencies, they think mostly about speculation. 'will this coin increase in value? is this coin a pump and dump? can i mine this coin?', etc..  ripple is much much more.

one example of how ripple could empower the people is this little project: https://xrptalk.org/topic/1865-cultivating-a-web-of-trust-for-trading-hour-ious/

now imagine a web of thousands of communities all connected thru ripple.  i think that's where the true power of ripple lies.  again, to understand and learn more about ripple and how it could give you more freedom and empower you, i invite all of you to join us and be a part of the ripple community.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:45:11 AM

There has been loads of positive press coming out about Ripple in the last few weeks.

How many of those reporters actually use Ripple?

str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:04:49 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 01:27:30 AM by str4wm4n

I wish I had never sold my 50k XRP I was given.  Cry

I'm going to be doing some more research into Ripple as I have enough understanding of it to see its potential

If anyone wants to send me some that'd be sweeeeet Cheesy

rKaU8AE9Ypew8dEeeHSPaBV9ZdnJoFDNLP
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:17:22 AM

I've tried a few times to wrap my head around Ripple and failed every time. I did get the sense that it's complementary to Bitcoin and not competition. I do find it very strange how little is spoken and written about it in the wider world though.
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:41:58 AM

I've tried a few times to wrap my head around Ripple and failed every time. I did get the sense that it's complementary to Bitcoin and not competition. I do find it very strange how little is spoken and written about it in the wider world though.

Join the community. As some might remember, I was an avid hater and believer in what TF said about Ripple. I then did my own research, asked the community a few questions and I was completely convinced that a lot of Bitcoiners mistakenly see Ripple as a threat to their BTC holdings and will say/ do anything to prevent this. That is because they do not fully understand the system and the difference between Ripple the protocol and Ripples (XRP).

Like tokeweed said, the possibilities are endless.

Ripple has picked up a lot of steam over the last month with publicity, it would be a shame to miss the boat Wink
~Coinseeker~

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:34:40 PM

No, not just like bitcoin.

The ripple protocol is different from the mining (does it exist) and transfer system. It is about debt transfer. So yes, they use the same name for two different things.

Mining only exists to prevent double-spending.  Evolution of technology shows that, mining isn't necessary to accomplish this.  Ripple could have included a mining mechanism but opted for a fairer and much wider form of currency distribution instead.

Ripple isn't about "debt" transfer, it's about utilizing a distributed exchange, to eliminate the need for central clearing houses and centralized exchanges.  Providing a payment network that is currency agnostic so any digital currency, fiat currency, or thing of value can be utilized to complete transactions, in seconds, peer-to-peer.

You are right, they are very different.  Bitcoin is 1.0 and Ripple is 2.0. It's the natural evolution of technology and software.  That's good for the entire spectrum of digital currencies and it brings us all, one step closer to bring relief to the unbanked, under-banked and millions around the world who remain economically oppressed.  After all, isn't that what the world of digital currency is all about?
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:48:33 PM

To the Johnny-come-lately types who still don't see the forest for the tree in spite of all the positive press around Ripple lately,  be reminded that Ripple is the first and only existing and functional instance of a distributed exchange, something that is known to be the next major step in crypto-based finance and was only a wet dream three years ago. You may or may not agree with the way it is being managed and the way it's native currency is being distributed, but if you are intellectually honest with yourself you have to recognize that it is the only one of its kind, and every other project that claims to do something similar (Mastercoin, NXT, Ethereum, eMunie) is way behind when not a complete vaporware in first place.
I really recommand for your own benefit that you make the effort to look beyond the desinformation that you have been fed by people the like of TradeFortress (a known scammer) and make your own opinion of what is likely the new open-source and distributed Paypal of the crypto era.
Or you can just keep ignoring the writing on the wall and start getting ready for years of bitter after-the-fact rationalization.
Erdogan
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:45:41 PM

To the Johnny-come-lately types who still don't see the forest for the tree in spite of all the positive press around Ripple lately,  be reminded that Ripple is the first and only existing and functional instance of a distributed exchange, something that is known to be the next major step in crypto-based finance and was only a wet dream three years ago. You may or may not agree with the way it is being managed and the way it's native currency is being distributed, but if you are intellectually honest with yourself you have to recognize that it is the only one of its kind, and every other project that claims to do something similar (Mastercoin, NXT, Ethereum, eMunie) is way behind when not a complete vaporware in first place.
I really recommand for your own benefit that you make the effort to look beyond the desinformation that you have been fed by people the like of TradeFortress (a known scammer) and make your own opinion of what is likely the new open-source and distributed Paypal of the crypto era.
Or you can just keep ignoring the writing on the wall and start getting ready for years of bitter after-the-fact rationalization.

If ripple is successful, why can we not join in later. Or ... maybe you think of the coin, named or not named ripple ... is it going to da mohn leaving us behind?

zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:47:17 PM

Another shill/scam post. Think it's the duo that keeps shilling for the scamcoin "Goldcoin".

Its says ripple and bitcoin where in the post does it say GOLDCOIN?

freequant

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:44:35 AM

If ripple is successful, why can we not join in later. Or ... maybe you think of the coin, named or not named ripple ... is it going to da mohn leaving us behind?
You can join any time but it should be self evident as with every technology that earlier adopters are usually the ones who seize the best opportunities.
These opportunities aren't limited to investment in crypto: there is a whole ecosystem developing around Ripple now, and first movers in the field are likely to become well established names in the near future.
Regarding XRP, I wouldn't recommend it as an investment at the moment given its extreme volatility, and the fact that its price can be impacted wildely by changes in the distribution policy of the issuer. But it is worth keeping a tab on it as its take off could be very vertical once Ripple has acquired enough mindshare in the payment space.
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:51:43 AM

What I did not initially realize about ripple is that you can set up your own market for any trust line you want. Someone figured out how to create their own coin in ripple and set up a market trading in it. However, it's had to even figure out how to buy normal coins at present, and even harder to figure out how to use the guy's market.
audcoindev

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:24:29 AM

Let's see Ripples real world applications= none. No thanks.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:33:52 AM

pump and dump
Snail2
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:08:20 PM

Actually they started building a massive network of gateways and also established a couple of "strategic partnerships". That's why they phasing out WCG and setting up a new incentive scheme for extending their economy.

Anyway, Google Ventures rarely makes big mistakes, so IMO it's good to have some XRP on stock. Probably it will worth more in the future.
freequant

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:35:12 PM

pump and dump
Still coming to the forum to do vanity searches on your name or are you just checking if anyone is starting a class action lawsuit against you yet?
So since you are here with so much time to comment, how is the refunding of people you defrauded going lately?
allwelder
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:23:44 AM

Ripple VS Nxt   Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print