Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:11:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your time machine is here...what year would you like?  (Read 8488 times)
MilesJohan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:43:02 PM

To the day bitcoin release.... and I will buy as much as I can..

MileyJohanson
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:39:58 PM

Your time machine is here what year are you going back to and why?
Can I make more than one trip?

First let's visit Jesus/get a DNA sample/establish the real father & planet of his birth.
1963: Find out who really had Kennedy killed, and maybe be able to stop the murder.
How about 1955? One of the happiest periods in American history...Live by a nice lake and do nothing but fish and "design modern computers"  Cheesy

Eloha (Raelians) believe that Jesus was his own father (actually the semen was implanted from a UFO).

i am here.
ssaillenss

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:03:53 PM

Godye Scaro X9

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:49:50 AM

I would go to 2009/2010. I would invest in Bitcoin and all the right altcoins and buy/mine and sell at exactly the right times. For example, I would buy/mine thousands of BTC back when they were worth pennies each and LTC just after coblee posts his [ANN] thread. Then I'd sell most of it during the November spike and invest in BCNext's Nxt IPO. I'd sell most of my Nxt shortly afterwards and if everything goes well, I should be a multimillionaire by the end of it all. Smiley
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:25:57 AM

I go back on August 2013 when bitcoin is still 100+ I will bought and sell it on December 2013. Going back in time for more than 2 years could change history some member of my family may not be born.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
TheDragonSlayer

Activity: 273

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:17:03 PM

1988, when the stock crash hard..

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:45:05 PM

I would go to some time in the middle ages. I love all that sort of stuff.. Learning about the weapons, doctors everything is so fascinating.
To be honest any time period between 0 BC (well earlier would be fine to) and say late 1800's would amaazzzing. It makes me sad sometimes we will never see any of that stuff, and just have to learn about it in history books or the internet.

I would of made a great knight, fighting dragons and what not.. yes yes I know dragons aren't real :p

luckyluigi

Activity: 239

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:01:58 PM

I'd go 200+ years into the future, I'd love to see all the crazy new inventions, or if the human race has managed to extinct itself already.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:22:10 PM

While money has no intrinsic value, I'd like to be rich, so my first destination is 2008.

I prepare and get a lot of CPUs...

I get 25,000 bitcoins.

Than I travel back to the present, and live large.

However inventing a time machine might start some sort of weird race, where people that can travel in time faster and more efficiently can control more of the world's resources. It might also create chaos in the environment.

Bring back more evolved viruses to a past without the cures might even destroy the world. (You bring back antibiotic resistant, viruses)

So, one should not travel too far back in time as the risk of contamination of the past is increased, with the possible consequences of a great loss of life and change of events.

Perhaps I would give the world plans for efficient electric cars so that technology would accelerate and be ready years in advance.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

I'd visit the future (say 5 years) and write down every nonce that successfully mines a new block on the blockchain. Only to then find out that the nonce need is being computed also based on the coinbase address (address that receives the reward) and therefore useless for me to claim that reward  Cry Cry Cry

dariuss

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:53:12 PM

While money has no intrinsic value, I'd like to be rich, so my first destination is 2008.

I prepare and get a lot of CPUs...

I get 25,000 bitcoins.

Than I travel back to the present, and live large.

However inventing a time machine might start some sort of weird race, where people that can travel in time faster and more efficiently can control more of the world's resources. It might also create chaos in the environment.

Bring back more evolved viruses to a past without the cures might even destroy the world. (You bring back antibiotic resistant, viruses)

So, one should not travel too far back in time as the risk of contamination of the past is increased, with the possible consequences of a great loss of life and change of events.

Perhaps I would give the world plans for efficient electric cars so that technology would accelerate and be ready years in advance.

Sounds like a epic plan.

I`d just the same, but try to get ASIC`s miners and dominate everything.
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:30:31 PM

I would like to go to 2010 so I can buy thousands of bitcoin for less then a penny

Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:55:10 PM

Can I go in the future? Then I'm definitely going far into the future...when humans have replaced their bodies with robot parts and colonized the galaxy.

If it only goes back...then I'd like to see what the world's great civilizations look like at their height... Rome, Greece, China, Babylon, etc.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 05:02:03 AM

I would go to 2009 for invest in Bitcoin

bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:05:14 AM

I go back on August 2013 when bitcoin is still 100+ I will bought and sell it on December 2013. Going back in time for more than 2 years could change history some member of my family may not be born.

But you already exist. If you went back in time, that must mean you've already gone back in time and changed something without doing anything to change the future. I suppose there are a few different time travelling theories though.

Personally, I'd probably go back quite a long time ago. With my current knowledge, I could rule the world!

chogath

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:00:28 AM

Great chance to attain something that is left behind, I would go a couple years back say 2005 & bring in a lot of things / services that were never thought of at that time Wink
WillyBTC

Activity: 312

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:35:45 AM

Personally, I'd probably go back quite a long time ago. With my current knowledge, I could rule the world!

True that. Although depending on what time you travel to, you'd have to come prepared for people to try to burn you at the stake for your heretical ideas and newfangled knowledge.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:59:28 AM

True that. Although depending on what time you travel to, you'd have to come prepared for people to try to burn you at the stake for your heretical ideas and newfangled knowledge.

Aye. It's not like I'd go out and say "Omfg, I'm the smartest person alive". I'd keep a lot of information secret. It wouldn't be that difficult to rule the world. Take something as simple as electricity. That gives you a HUGE advantage over the next guy. Once you introduce motors into the playing field, literally I win.

hodlbananas

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:17:17 AM

Aye. It's not like I'd go out and say "Omfg, I'm the smartest person alive". I'd keep a lot of information secret. It wouldn't be that difficult to rule the world. Take something as simple as electricity. That gives you a HUGE advantage over the next guy. Once you introduce motors into the playing field, literally I win.

You could also provoke many conflicts and subsequently have to bear the consequences of your gifts of enlightenment, which will most likely include largescale suffering. Can't think of anything worse! As for me, I'd love to go behind the Iron Curtain, just for my own curiosity..
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:20:28 AM

You could also provoke many conflicts and subsequently have to bear the consequences of your gifts of enlightenment, which will most likely include largescale suffering. Can't think of anything worse! As for me, I'd love to go behind the Iron Curtain, just for my own curiosity..

Oh, I'd start conflicts on purpose. The large scale suffering already took place in the past. Millions died of easy to prevent diseases. My enlightenment would save millions. Literally, I'd advance human technology by thousands of years!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: