Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:52:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpen Coin - “Switzerland’s first ever physical bitcoin”  (Read 6459 times)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 12:45:24 AM

Can I pay you by sending some money with snail post?

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Frank AlpenCoin

Activity: 540
Merit: 532

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 03:01:28 PM

Thanks for your comments.

One of the things that popped into my mind is that it would be really cool to have Block time there, either instead or along the "normal" time.

I agree, it would be incredible.

"Bitcoin is time" is a great article by "der Gigi" https://dergigi.com/2021/01/14/bitcoin-is-time/

I see some similarities between btc  and a mechanical watch: Energy, time, proof of work,... can't write an essay.

Amy plans to make a series for the public Smiley

I can ask the watchmaker, but it would be a bit expensive more than 1'000 CHF.

I am still not sure if it's smart to put the priv key in the movement. makes sense for waterproofing, ... My first idea was to put only the Bitcoin address on the dial.  But need more tests with the qr code, so that it is readable. and not sure about generating priv key and then engraving it.

Send it. you get it.  Grin

Thanks for your inputs...
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 586

View Profile
November 19, 2023, 06:01:15 AM

Hi Frank, please keep us posted on testing, private key placement, and availability.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1256

View Profile
November 19, 2023, 11:05:22 AM

One of the things that popped into my mind is that it would be really cool to have Block time there, either instead or along the "normal" time.

"Bitcoin is time" is a great article by "der Gigi" https://dergigi.com/2021/01/14/bitcoin-is-time/

I see some similarities between btc  and a mechanical watch: Energy, time, proof of work,... can't write an essay.

I am still not sure if it's smart to put the priv key in the movement. makes sense for waterproofing, ... My first idea was to put only the Bitcoin address on the dial.  But need more tests with the qr code, so that it is readable. and not sure about generating priv key and then engraving it.

Send it. you get it.  Grin

I think this is a cracking idea of having the private keys in the movement and covered by a hologram.
Being a mechanical watch I would say that there would have to be a weight compensation for that.

The idea makes the watch a perfect carry anywhere your Bitcoin, particularly abroad or anywhere.

At first I was thinkng the watch face was plain enough but if the keys are to be inside its best to keep
the Bitcoin theme subtle with the second hand and hour marks in Orange

I love mechanical watches, is the movement a https://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-2834-2/ ?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
markinaz

Activity: 409
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 08:51:58 PM

First off, I wanted to say, I absolutely love the design of the watch, this is something I am very interested in.   One idea that I had though, was rather than having both the public and private keys in one device that is CLEARLY bitcoin related....  What about a matching non-Bitcoin item that could host the private key?   What I was thinking was a modern version of a poison ring with the private key hidden under a hologram.  Something like this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1034345826/custom-initial-engraved-silver-signet

So, have a watch and a ring paired in a set.  The watch hosted the public key and clearly was Bitcoin, and then the ring did not indicate Bitcoin on the outside, but on the inside was the hologram and the private key.   This way you could wear both to transport your Bitcoin, or wear just the watch to show it off without risking loss of your private keys.  To me a clandestine ring would be the ultimate Bitcoin wearable wallet.

I was curious to get others thoughts.
rsincognito
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 40

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 11:40:05 PM

I see some similarities between btc  and a mechanical watch: Energy, time, proof of work,... can't write an essay.

I am still not sure if it's smart to put the priv key in the movement. makes sense for waterproofing, ... My first idea was to put only the Bitcoin address on the dial.  But need more tests with the qr code, so that it is readable. and not sure about generating priv key and then engraving it.

Send it. you get it.  Grin

I think this is a cracking idea of having the private keys in the movement and covered by a hologram.
Being a mechanical watch I would say that there would have to be a weight compensation for that.

The idea makes the watch a perfect carry anywhere your Bitcoin, particularly abroad or anywhere.

At first I was thinkng the watch face was plain enough but if the keys are to be inside its best to keep

I love mechanical watches, is the movement a https://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-2834-2/ ?

If the public key was the QR code on the front of the watch, and then on the back of the inside of the casing, you could engrave the private key, so it can be unscrewed and retrieved without touching the movements, if you included the tool to unscrew the back of the watch with the purchase it would be pretty cool. Just my two cents. I love the idea.
markinaz

Activity: 409
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 21, 2023, 03:43:11 AM

If the public key was the QR code on the front of the watch, and then on the back of the inside of the casing, you could engrave the private key, so it can be unscrewed and retrieved without touching the movements, if you included the tool to unscrew the back of the watch with the purchase it would be pretty cool. Just my two cents. I love the idea.

I really like this idea, but have 2 concerns:

What if I need the watch serviced?  I am going to have to trust someone with my private keys. (Maybe your idea of providing the tool  to  unscrew the back might work, if the back had the key engraved (even better if it were encased in a hologram).

Also, I agree I like the Bitcoin reference on the watch, but if the keys are on the inside and it is known, it would be a theft target.

I still prefer 2 options:

Provide a corresponding private key on an opendime or some other device similar to what the high end Vanguard watches do:

https://www.franckmuller.com/news/vanguard-encrypto-limited-edition

Have it in a ring or some other accessory that does not have a "Bitcoin" logo at all, that you can keep separately and or decide to take with.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!
Frank AlpenCoin

View Profile
November 22, 2023, 03:48:13 PM

The movement is a Sellita SW200-1A, similar quality to Eta. The watch has to be discreet.

great idea. will look into it.

I really like this idea, but have 2 concerns:

What if I need the watch serviced?  I am going to have to trust someone with my private keys. (Maybe your idea of providing the tool  to  unscrew the back might work, if the back had the key engraved (even better if it were encased in a hologram).

Also, I agree I like the Bitcoin reference on the watch, but if the keys are on the inside and it is known, it would be a theft target.

I still prefer 2 options:

Provide a corresponding private key on an opendime or some other device similar to what the high end Vanguard watches do:

https://www.franckmuller.com/news/vanguard-encrypto-limited-edition

Have it in a ring or some other accessory that does not have a "Bitcoin" logo at all, that you can keep separately and or decide to take with.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!

I understand that it's a rather absurd idea to carry the private key around with you. That's why the watch has to be discreet.
By wearing a Rolex, for example, you also become a target.  It wouldn't be an everyday watch if it contained the private key.

Another solution would be to simply place the qr code of the public key on the dial.  No private key in the watch. What's more, the customer could create the keys, and simply transmit the bitcoin address to the manufacturer. Let's not forget : "not your keys, not your coins".

I understand all the issues related to the private key and watch maintenance. These are questions some members of the forum ask themselves when they want to have a coin graded.

markinaz: Not a big fan of Franck Müller watches.  I really like rings.

This watch is a concept. I did it because of my passion for bitcoin and watches. thanks for your feedback.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 2250

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2023, 04:14:23 PM

markinaz: Not a big fan of Franck Müller watches.  I really like rings.

This watch is a concept. I did it because of my passion for bitcoin and watches. thanks for your feedback.

I like your watch design - as for the private key - put an encrypted pk on the watch - like BIP38 and then you don't have to cover it or worry if it is stolen - they would still need the passphrase you have in your head. (of course back that up somewhere at home)

on a side note, I am looking to get some rings like what you have pictured in the near future to do some laser work on Smiley

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Frank AlpenCoin

View Profile
November 22, 2023, 08:28:10 PM

I like your watch design - as for the private key - put an encrypted pk on the watch - like BIP38 and then you don't have to cover it or worry if it is stolen - they would still need the passphrase you have in your head. (of course back that up somewhere at home)

on a side note, I am looking to get some rings like what you have pictured in the near future to do some laser work on Smiley

good idea with the passphrase.

i will dm you where you can find the ring. Can I send you a design for engraving?  Wink
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2023, 09:05:50 PM

good idea with the passphrase.

i will dm you where you can find the ring. Can I send you a design for engraving?  Wink

yes! you can! as a note my laser doesnt cut into the silver noticably you can barely feel it - its more like etching it. if you want deeper cutting styled engraving - mrmojorising might be a better possibility.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
November 23, 2023, 08:20:24 PM

markinaz: Not a big fan of Franck Müller watches.  I really like rings.

Love that raw ring design. Something I thought about getting into a while ago but haven't followed thorugh so far. There are a few companies accepting custom designs.
But something cool that you come up with would definitely be something I'd be interested in.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 3011

View Profile
May 15, 2024, 11:14:18 PM
Merited by nullama (1)

This was posted on Instagram, figured I’d share here in anticipation for Alpen Coins upcoming release (I am unaware of any is the details).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2024, 12:06:47 AM

5 oz silver

says funded with 3.125 mBTC but address shows zero balance. so?

has 2024 halving and has the halving block number on it.

I saw it on IG and told Frank I def want one.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Frank AlpenCoin

View Profile
May 16, 2024, 09:07:33 AM

Hello,

The block is still a prototype, inspired by BTCC's famous Block... We are testing the qr code print, and the details of the Block 840,000....
if all goes well, we'll produce 21. approx. 55 mm x 55 mm x 5mm => 5 Oz silver Blocks.

Thank you for your messages, if I sell them it will be on the forum.
Frank AlpenCoin

View Profile
May 16, 2024, 09:14:43 AM

says funded with 3.125 mBTC but address shows zero balance. so?

I wanted to load it into the 840,000 block but couldn't. I wasn't ready.  Wink
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2024, 12:22:00 PM

I am def down to get one - the fees to get it into that block would have cost more than the bitcoin and the silver would have been worth.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
tread93

Activity: 1165
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 19, 2024, 03:56:02 AM

This was posted on Instagram, figured I’d share here in anticipation for Alpen Coins upcoming release (I am unaware of any is the details).

It appears to be a bitmap so that means that it also has an Ordinal component https://magiceden.io/ordinals/marketplace/bitmap to it I'm guessing which was also a big deal in this halving the addition of the new runes protocol, which I might add is a very nice touch, Frank! Love your work here. Bigger is always better, especially in Texas ;P. the big 5 troy ounces! The special number 5's meaning/ interpretation as well is very intriguing. Can't wait to see these in person will have to keep an eye out for these when you drop them!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  

Jump to: