Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:14:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't sell in loss  (Read 402 times)
liasbaa

Activity: 61
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 11:15:09 AM

It is also good when investing in Bitcoin you should think of long term investment and try to make use of the DCA strategy where you buy on regular interval either weekly or monthly.

And in other not to sell in loss when investing in Bitcoin one need to prepare for the ups and downs of it, keep a reserve fund where you can able to use and settle your emergency when the need arises in other not to temper with your hodling when the market is a dip. Also invest what you can afford to loss.

Every dip is an opportunity to buy more and not to sell, whoever sell at dip do not understand how the Bitcoin price works, it's no brainer to use Bitcoin for daily expenses if you must hodl it should be for a long term expectation and only sell at profit ( the whole holding plan is to make profit) and then take advantage of a dip ans to buy again. Rinse and repeat.
Investors who sold in DIPs surrendered their investment strategy due to panic. They failed to execute their strategy perfectly even though they needed to sell at a higher price. They should be needed to continue longer to get the desired exposures. Holding continuously during bear markets guarantees your profit for the future BTC is only a long term investment.
Adams0001

Activity: 448
Merit: 157

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 01:37:12 PM

It is also good when investing in Bitcoin you should think of long term investment and try to make use of the DCA strategy where you buy on regular interval either weekly or monthly.

And in other not to sell in loss when investing in Bitcoin one need to prepare for the ups and downs of it, keep a reserve fund where you can able to use and settle your emergency when the need arises in other not to temper with your hodling when the market is a dip. Also invest what you can afford to loss.

Every dip is an opportunity to buy more and not to sell, whoever sell at dip do not understand how the Bitcoin price works, it's no brainer to use Bitcoin for daily expenses if you must hodl it should be for a long term expectation and only sell at profit ( the whole holding plan is to make profit) and then take advantage of a dip ans to buy again. Rinse and repeat.

Anyone who sells bitcoin at a loss does so for one of two reasons, first, he is afraid of losing his fund and anyone who is afraid of losing hasn't gained enough knowledge about bitcoin yet, he just try to buy since is hearing that if you invest you will profitable, so he decided to sell it at a loss so that he won't lose everything. Second, he may be an emergency, and he doesn't have another way to solve the problem, so he will try to sell bitcoin at a loss or profit to solve the problem. Bitcoin is an excellent investment and if you know much about it, you will never want to leave your wallet empty without investing in bitcoin. If you read about bitcoin carefully, you will notice that if you want to be profitable on it you should just make a long-term investment and you will never regret it because if you invest in it and leave it for two to three years without touching it, you will definitely see a difference. even if it is not a large profit, you will be profitable, which is why bitcoin will continue to be the leader among all coins.

Josefjix

Activity: 1190
Merit: 303

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 02:47:18 PM
Merited by EluguHcman (2)

We shouldn't afford to missed out on golden opportunities, because they're one of the good steps to make and withdrawing free table profits. Bitcoin have been the top project in cryptocurrency and we ought to understand the basic principles guarding the space and ensure we're always making available alternatives in places where our main target fails. Bitcoin have always been the top trends in the market and we should always trade with caution because any slight mistakes made, we are open to receive heavy losses which we basically will not entertain.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Judith87403

Activity: 100
Merit: 66

View Profile
May 04, 2024, 05:51:19 PM

Any how Sha make every body dey on guard because anything fit happen but no go rush sell your Coin especially if you been buy when the price been dey up because the price go still go up again so na to just dey patient small no go sell now wey price don come down and you go loose money.

Na true na this time no be the time to sell at all because the price still they very down and selling now go results to lost of money especially for people way buy when the price they very high, the thing be say patience na him be the determining factor when it comes to investment because e they obvious say the market no go always move the way we expect am, at times e go come down and sometimes e go move up but one thing way they important is patient, however one of the things way I like about Bitcoin be say no matter how the price go drop reach with time e go surely come back to the normal price and even break am go more further, so I don't think their is need to panic.
rachael9385

Activity: 462
Merit: 327

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2024, 07:14:14 PM

All this opportunities nah watin person no suppose to miss at all because as e dip today we no dey sure say e go dip soon again. And if any body try gather the small one wey em go fit now and em still gatter tomorrow nah double opportunities. Some people dey fear say as Bitcoin drop during the dip, say e no go high again, but nah I only person wey no sabi the circles of Bitcoin nai dey sell with fear and lose. I agree say the main reason why we dey hold for long nah because say we win make big profits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Mate2237

Activity: 728
Merit: 580

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2024, 08:12:26 PM

From my observation many newbies de expect bull run to start immediately after halving, but as e no come happen like that, many of dem come de panic, unto say price fit continue to de dip and dem go wan sale di Bitcoin wey dem de hodl. Dis na my first halving experience and I don carry out research to understand say bull run no de happen immediately after halving, e go take some months before e go start. So infact na opportunity to de accumulate if person get di money, as di price still de dip, because for di peak of bull run na correct ROI de await di patient investors.

Not only newbies but also senior members and some people think say di price of bitcoin go come down in the halving but things turn around that bitcoin price was on the high and e come add the transaction fee wey been de y lime rocket Star. But many people were still hoping that the price will go up and this recent downturn of the price comes they spoiled their mind the more. And as the price comes dey come up again nai their mind come dey sweet them.

And di wey I see things like this, the price go stay like this for sometimes before it will go up.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Belarge

Activity: 420
Merit: 85

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 11:25:54 PM

All this opportunities nah watin person no suppose to miss at all because as e dip today we no dey sure say e go dip soon again. And if any body try gather the small one wey em go fit now and em still gatter tomorrow nah double opportunities. Some people dey fear say as Bitcoin drop during the dip, say e no go high again, but nah I only person wey no sabi the circles of Bitcoin nai dey sell with fear and lose. I agree say the main reason why we dey hold for long nah because say we win make big profits.
The bull and bear season, we selects our best choice and ensure we're eating in profits as usual. Bitcoin de dip, that one na normal thing and make we just continue to observed our strategies wether e de favour us or we go change am ASAP, because nobody wan de waste time again for projects wey no go give better money. Opportunities de come and e de go, make we just stay one lane and observed how our lives go change if we used our head wella for better thing.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Dailyscript

Activity: 182
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 12:56:10 AM

The bull and bear season, we selects our best choice and ensure we're eating in profits as usual. Bitcoin de dip, that one na normal thing and make we just continue to observed our strategies wether e de favour us or we go change am ASAP, because nobody wan de waste time again for projects wey no go give better money. Opportunities de come and e de go, make we just stay one lane and observed how our lives go change if we used our head wella for better thing.
Changing strategies when things start fallen out of place is a good idea but it is difficult to do that because an investor is now acquainted to the current strategy unless he is ready to as well change his goals or target. Because changing strategies would either speed up the accumulation process or reduce the pace at which the investor accumulate.

If the cause of changing a strategy is as a result of low finances which may happen if an investor is being demoted or sacked from work then it will surely hinders his investment. In such cases DCA cannot be practiced, the investor would only invest when he has disposable money which is not certain to come monthly until he gets a new job or called back to work. Many factors that cause change of strategies can be discussed but this is the most popular i have seen.

promise444c5 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 155

Keep Promises !

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 06:29:35 AM

~
Although, I'm not sure about the strategy you're emphasising on but what I know is that an investor must chose a strategy  that will favour him on both sides either in the bull or bear
For example, interm of buying  bitcoin an investor  who  chooses  the DCA buying strategy  will have nothing to worry in bear and in bull  because  every bear will still give him the opportunity  to buying  the dips without  worries ..
AVE5

Activity: 182
Merit: 85

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 06:50:03 AM

Bull run does not occur immediately after the halving which should be put into consideration before taking any action of selling because of little dip. It is a norm that bitcoin price fluctuates due to its nature, and the little dip is part of it. The only people that can panic and sell due to small dip, are those who bought bitcoin early this year due to FOMO the bull run, or those who bought when bitcoin price was at 68k and above.

Investors who are long term hodlers willnot panic but wait patiently for the long awaiting bull run to come at the right time. Short term investors who are weak hands might fall for this trap, because some of them might is the money for their important needs to invest when the price increased to 70K, believing it will just keep pumping.

You're right and I agree with you. Certainly there has been Investors who doesn't make hay when there's a significant increase in the market, believably every investors are in to make profits in this quest but there are little dreamers and big dreamers which lies between the Investors goals.
Short term investors are too grief with the markets conditions and are usually around the corner hoping for little increment so that they could sell and have that insights to had made profits meanwhile that little rise was just a significant to shadow that the market condition could be approaching to a huge amount when the investors could actually feel that they've met with the investment ATH in a better State of time to sell but yet there could still be Investors hodling stably until the point of their goal is achieved.

It's important to always have an investment goal so that you can always stay unpanicking without craving to sell at the wrong time.
This is why long term Investors are more commended in being at the best state of Crypto investment with the markets volatility nature.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
GIF-JOBS

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2024, 04:11:09 AM

Of course we will get good returns from bitcoins only we have to hold. If we sell at a loss now, and if it increases tomorrow, then we will only regret it. So we need to take that final step now so that we don't regret tomorrow because no one knows when Bitcoin will rise, anytime it can cross 100K. So always be prepared and hold, don't worry about selling.
Barikui1

Activity: 210
Merit: 147

View Profile
May 09, 2024, 08:11:45 AM
Merited by Ever-young (1), Sakanwa (1)

Bitcoin has been  in Dip for some couple of weeks lately  before and even after the long awaited BTC halving, although there were some scenarios of btc losing values to other alts because of the congestion of its mempool leading to high transaction  fee after halving period which also contributed  to more Dip   .
However at this period ,don't be overclouded by your Emotions towards selling your BTC in loss  just because  you aren't  getting  the kind of result you thought you should  because  most people  thought the Bull run will begin immediately  after the halving, even some analyst might have claimed that  but remember  that those were all Speculations  of future event.

Thus, at this period  many alot of long term investors will be separated from short term investors,I hope you aren't  one of them...
Besides reviewing the previous halving there were dips compared to the volatility  of the bitcoin market then ,I made a thread about the review of the halving pattern Check Here

Let's  take a look again,just as I've  posted In the thread

Color code

|   Red:    Halving |

|   Blue:   ATH      |

Those are the keys above add I think the table is self explanatory.

Now lets start our review from 2016,
We started with $434   and we had a low of around $351, well not too  low comparing, now checking  the following  year, we had $966as start which means there had been a bullish market towards the ending of 2016 since its  high was around  $981.
Now when we take a look at the following  same scenario  repeat  itself in 2020 and 2021...

This is 2024 It's  seem we had some early bull which was before the halving and even gave us new ATH  but we are yet to see our  bull run that was too early for a bull run maybe... Not taking to hard, our bull run might not follow the previous  halving  pattern we might even have a early bull run, even  any moment from now  so my give out will be
Keep your holdings and Don't sell in loss

My brother, to tell you the truth, person wey sell at this point na him do him self oo, because just imagine say I been don dy hold since, na now wey be dieing minutes nai I go come go sell? No na, even my ancestors no go happy with me if I fuck up like that, unless na person wey just come into the crypto industry go sell now, particularly at a loss because of fear say e no go fit recover.

So just as the historical figures wey the op don list down already, it shows that comes rain sunshine Bitcoin will always rally back and reward his loyalist or it patient holders, so it's best that we hold firmly even wen we dy tempted to sell, abeg na dieing minutes we dy now, no be this time we surpose give up, think and act wisely abeg.

Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 04:18:19 PM

Yes that is right, that is why any one investing in Bitcoin need to gather knowledge by studying the market and how the system work it's not all about investing but getting it right. One thing is to invest another is to make profit by allowing the market through observing the thing that makes investor make the real profit and this can't come without good knowledge. Every dip is opportunity to accumulate as much as one can why awaiting the bull, it's even more profitable to buy and hold for long if the investor is of good plan before investing by keeping some fund or emergency fund that can help not to rush into selling when the market is not favourable, these are achievable with good knowledge.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jaycoinz

Activity: 322
Merit: 166

God is All

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2024, 06:14:36 PM

We shouldn't afford to missed out on golden opportunities, because they're one of the good steps to make and withdrawing free table profits. Bitcoin have been the top project in cryptocurrency and we ought to understand the basic principles guarding the space and ensure we're always making available alternatives in places where our main target fails. Bitcoin have always been the top trends in the market and we should always trade with caution because any slight mistakes made, we are open to receive heavy losses which we basically will not entertain.
Before person go say him wan get to do anything wey concerned Bitcoin the person for don first know the full or small details of how things are done so if you make any mistake or sell your coins at a loss then dat one na you sabi. Many Bitcoin investors today all get different idea on their investment plans so for them to buy Bitcoin and save am na dem still know when dey okay for them to sell am.

DubemIfedigbo001

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

Let love lead

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2024, 07:26:56 PM

My brother, to tell you the truth, person wey sell at this point na him do him self oo, because just imagine say I been don dy hold since, na now wey be dieing minutes nai I go come go sell? No na, even my ancestors no go happy with me if I fuck up like that, unless na person wey just come into the crypto industry go sell now, particularly at a loss because of fear say e no go fit recover.

So just as the historical figures wey the op don list down already, it shows that comes rain sunshine Bitcoin will always rally back and reward his loyalist or it patient holders, so it's best that we hold firmly even wen we dy tempted to sell, abeg na dieing minutes we dy now, no be this time we surpose give up, think and act wisely abeg.
Selling is very bad at this dine minute and should be discouraged and avoided at all costs, this is the best advise on bitcoin investment as at now, but I'll love to look at this very topic from another perspective.

What if on the adventure of a life threatening issue arising and the reserved funds of the investor couldn't settle the issue, what does he do considering the intensity and delicacy of such issue?.
Should he sell his holdings, or should he go ahead and borrow money5 with interests while waiting for the bull run to arrive, so he pays off his debts with the possible gains he will get at the end of the bull run?.

I think I would advise him to sell off and attend to his emergency instead of borrowing funds and waiting to recover with  bull run. Truth is nobody knows when exactly the  bull run will come, we just await it than Borrowing money and keep accumulating interests, it might grow more than what the bull run would give you as profit and you desired   end up more frustrated

rachael9385

Activity: 462
Merit: 327

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2024, 07:28:07 PM

Before person go say him wan get to do anything wey concerned Bitcoin the person for don first know the full or small details of how things are done so if you make any mistake or sell your coins at a loss then dat one na you sabi. Many Bitcoin investors today all get different idea on their investment plans so for them to buy Bitcoin and save am na dem still know when dey okay for them to sell am.
From my observations, I done feel am say nah person wey no get mind for bitcoin nai dey sell em coins at lose, and many newbies to crypto space them feel am say Bitcoin nai be something wey dey give quick money, so when them no dey get money as them dey expect am them go just sell in loss. Yes no doubt, many get their own ideas and strategies wey them dey use get am clear for the crypto world and before you choose the kind of strategy you won use for the investment you go also need to get the knowledge so that you go fit make your own choice on the strategy wey you go use.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Grace333

Activity: 40
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 06:41:57 AM

From the statistics table provided by the op, any investors who sell now will only end up running into loss. Before now, the prediction of the bull is $150k and that is possible because other halving have done likewise. Those who sell now will only come to a realisation that they have just made one of the biggest mistake, except they are selling to buy more at that dip. But one thing is certain, we don know how and what the next movement of Bitcoin would be, do selling now might even lead to loss, as this might even be the dip. Bitcoin investment is not for the weak, and if you must short term trade, you must be smart. However long term trader are the ones benefiting more from Bitcoin because they exercise more patient.
in Bitcoin investment you are to put in what you can't afford to loose unlike altcoins that are mixed up with scam project, Bitcoin being the first and the greatest is the most trustworthy and efficient coin for saving your money. If you think saving in fiat currency is the best idea, you are wrong because, inflation is by the corner infection our currency serious and we don't even know the future of the value our currency would hold in some few years from now. But it's certain that Bitcoin will rise as demand cut across the supply chain.
sotelorene

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 15, 2024, 08:34:28 AM

Anyone who has the plan of moving forward in life I don't see any reason why he/she will sell when theeir investment is on loss and the initial reason for investment is to make profit after some period of time though sometimes pressing issues may arise and some people will sell but there also people that no matter any issues they won't sell.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: