Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:59:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin the Dumbest Thing Ever Invented  (Read 2561 times)
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1254

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 24, 2024, 03:33:13 PM
Merited by FatFork (1)

Interesting, now it is a network. First it was some magic invisible coins. Then energy, work, commodity, whatever. A now it is a network. Ok let's see. A network is computers linked together. So you're saying that when you bought Bitcoin you own computers. And if for instance I join the network to "mine" Bitcoin you own a part of my computer. But... that's not true. I am the only one who owns my computer. Owning bitcoins doesn't mean owning computers linked together. So, you talk nonsense.

Look, buddy, I get it. You're confused, and that's okay.  But if you're so determined to misunderstand everything, then this conversation is a waste of time. Again, don't twist my words! Nobody said you own actual computers when you buy Bitcoin. That's a ridiculous take.

Dude, we've all tried with this guy. He's just too confidently dumb to understand the basic premise of what is being explained to him and so he's stuck in this position of believing his initial assertion is correct and every time somebody patiently tries to explain it in simple terms to him he only ever seeks to twist what is said into something which allows him to return to his initial premise.

He appears to be incapable of the intellectual honesty needed to reappraise ones own erroneous assumptions when presented with sound evidence and reasoning which conflicts with it.

It's classic cognitive dissonance.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
JamesNZ (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2024, 05:24:18 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2024, 05:55:42 AM by JamesNZ

Hahaha, this is crazy. First you say that you own a ledger.

That's a lie! I never said that. Show me where I supposedly said that.

Then you say that you own a network.

That's another lie! I never said that either. The proof that you are a liar is right here in this thread. My posts are unedited.  

And now, you say that you own a stake in a ledger. So, you're saying the same thing as before - that when you bought Bitcoin you own a ledger.

Nope! Not even close! I never claimed "you own a ledger". That's three lies in a single post.  Is this your debate tactic? Lies to compensate for a lack of valid arguments?

These are your words: "Bitcoin ownership grants you a stake in a distributed ledger." "If I say TSLA ownership grands you a stake in Tesla company what that means? That I own a cow on the Moon or that company?

As for the network, I quote again: "BTC units represent ownership on a secure, decentralized network.

Here you didn't say "of" but "on". But this begs the question: ownership of what? And you said it in your next comment: ownership of a ledger. Which is stupid. No one owns the blockchain. It's free for everyone to download.

So, let's repeat the fact that you deny with your stupid comments: when you bought Bitcoin you have numbers on the screen and own nothing. You have numbers that count no actual resource, item, asset, money, currency, whatever. Simply, you have an electronic version of Monopoly money or an empty virtual container.

The sooner you accept that fact, the sooner you'll stop playing dumb.

Regarding your appeals to "security". Resources are what we want to protect, like dollars which are a debt-based resource, not empty containers or numbers. Numbers are abstractions that everyone can create in an instant. Why would I want to protect this: "1" if I can get it whenever I want by simply pressing the key on the keyboard? The very fact that the Bitcoin network protects numbers and the fact that people buy numbers just shows how extremely stupid this whole Bitcoin thing is. Not to mention that some of you have made a religion out of it.
larry_vw_1955

Activity: 1106
Merit: 428

View Profile
June 25, 2024, 06:27:27 AM

Not to mention that some of you have made a religion out of it.

Satoshi is not refunding people if bitcoin price goes down. I heard it dropped in price recently in fact. Maybe that's why Sathoshi disappeared because people would be demanding him to send them bitcoin to make up for their losses. And maybe he should. But that would be kind of a pain. So thus he disappeared...but he has to not use his bitcoin because then that would really look bad right? people are losing money and yet he's spending it. hmm!

Blitz23

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2024, 05:43:58 PM

If you feel its dumb why are you in the forum complaining lol.
JamesNZ (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2024, 06:59:05 AM

If you feel its dumb why are you in the forum complaining lol.
I am here to teach people Bitcoin. I was fascinated when I saw how many people doesn't understand Bitcoin. They are so obsessed with the price and how to get rich quick that they completely misunderstood Bitcoin. It was smart thing to register on the forum and educate them.
arhipova

Activity: 133
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 26, 2024, 07:14:21 AM

the dude is a troll who has spent years spamming the forum with his nonsense, it would be best to not engage in any type of conversation with the guy and let him have his fill of posting his BS here in the forum, he'll be gone again soon enough when everyone starts to ignore him.

I bet he will be back with new account and post same type content about crypto again. Some habits never go away.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: