Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:32:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Last chance  (Read 2254 times)
Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:09:32 PM

Nobody who bought higher than 500 will sell now. I bought @700 with almost all money I had and if it takes 5 years to go back to 700 I will hodl. And I think most people here thinks the same way.

If I would need that money now, Instead of selling now with almost 50% loss I would take a loan instead of selling.

Did I miss something in basic shool ?

Why hold till its 100% loss ? Even 50% loss is plain stupid. Sell as soon you lose and buy back in when you think the time is right.

First rule of trading: dont buy stuff you cant sell instant. Never put emotions into trades. Its just to make money.

So if you sell now with 50% means you still own 50% of your invest. If the price turns in 4-5 month from 100 or 200 back to higher ranges, buy back in and at the end you got more btc then now for same money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:59:18 PM

Nobody who bought higher than 500 will sell now. I bought @700 with almost all money I had and if it takes 5 years to go back to 700 I will hodl. And I think most people here thinks the same way.

If I would need that money now, Instead of selling now with almost 50% loss I would take a loan instead of selling.

Did I miss something in basic shool ?

Why hold till its 100% loss ? Even 50% loss is plain stupid. Sell as soon you lose and buy back in when you think the time is right.

First rule of trading: dont buy stuff you cant sell instant. Never put emotions into trades. Its just to make money.

So if you sell now with 50% means you still own 50% of your invest. If the price turns in 4-5 month from 100 or 200 back to higher ranges, buy back in and at the end you got more btc then now for same money.

As soon as I sell/speculate, the price gets a new ATH Wink

This lesson I learned the hard way.

Every single time I speculated, I made a loss. This is my Karma, my law of attraction. So I will only sell if it (ever) gets back higher than I bought. And if I really lose 100%, whatever, its only money... fuck that...
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:04:58 PM

Can you guarantee that it will ever be that range, i.e. do you sell futures to that effect? If not, shut it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:13:25 PM

This is the last chance that all of you fanboys have, to sell and have some profit. Be smart and sell high buy low.

BTC is hovering at 460's now. It will be 200 soon. Sell now or see your fortunes deplete in front of you.

You were TOLD

LOL nice try, are people really stupid enough to fall this kind of shit?

Well...it IS down to $389 as I post this...and it was down way lower than that earlier, so...  Grin

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Mikellev

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:53:39 AM

Can you guarantee that it will ever be that range, i.e. do you sell futures to that effect? If not, shut it.

How should I guarantee that ? But its pure market logic. And if you watch the btc charts with the last years its always ups and downs. But waiting till your invest is 90% or more loss is plain stupid.
A good commander would never leave his troops in the fight until last man standing. He would get as many back to new formations as soon they keep losing man.
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:56:23 AM

How should I guarantee that ? But its pure market logic. And if you watch the btc charts with the last years its always ups and downs. But waiting till your invest is 90% or more loss is plain stupid.
A good commander would never leave his troops in the fight until last man standing. He would get as many back to new formations as soon they keep losing man.

A good commander always keeps troops in reserve so that he can add in more force if necessary. The key is timing when to add the reserves for best effect.

Mikellev

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:58:41 AM

A good commander always keeps troops in reserve so that he can add in more force if necessary. The key is timing when to add the reserves for best effect.

As a commander (retired) I can tell you thats only valid if the enemy isnt more then x-times your troops size. Yesterday there were fare more sells then buys.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:06:48 AM

How should I guarantee that ? But its pure market logic.

Thats the point: You can't know. But it is not market logic. Sure, it is always best to buy at the bottom. But you have no way of telling in advance. In October 2011 some bears or trolls were adamant that the price would drop below $1, but the bottom was $2. Last year, some bears / trolls were adamant that we'd go to single digits, but the price bottomed out at 60. So if you wait for $200 now you may win.

But what are you going to do if April 15 passes by and BTCChina and Huobi continue business? If that happens, we'll have seen bottom.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Mikellev

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:13:20 AM

How should I guarantee that ? But its pure market logic.

Thats the point: You can't know. But it is not market logic. Sure, it is always best to buy at the bottom. But you have no way of telling in advance. In October 2011 some bears or trolls were adamant that the price would drop below $1, but the bottom was $2. Last year, some bears / trolls were adamant that we'd go to single digits, but the price bottomed out at 60. So if you wait for $200 now you may win.

But what are you going to do if April 15 passes by and BTCChina and Huobi continue business? If that happens, we'll have seen bottom.

Sure you are right. It might be the bottom, but Huobi already said they search for a way to keep FIAT-BTC tradings up with external banks.
But even if they do, until 15-18th April no one knows. So if you sell now, and buy back in after the news what do you lose ? Trading fees. Thats it. But if it goes down again, you are on the safe side.

This is all I mean, its stupid to hold a position for what ? With holding or HODLing you will only get back to where you bought in or maybe make a profit in the future.
Selling when it goes down, accept lossen and regroup can bring you more btc in your wallet as you had b4.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:22:06 AM

So if you sell now, and buy back in after the news what do you lose ? Trading fees. Thats it. But if it goes down again, you are on the safe side.

Um no, hate to break it to you, but if you sell now and the news are good, you also lose ~50% of your previous bitcoins due to the price jump that you won't be able to anticipate or participate in unless you are watching the market 24/7.

So the thing here is quite simple - if you believe in bitcoin future, then your speculative objective is to increase your BTC holdings by any means. Selling at the bottom usually goes against that objective, as anybody who traded here since 2011 would tell you (but you won't listen, so you'll have to learn on your own). Good spot to sell was in four digits, not at the bottom - it was a risk then, sure, but at least relatively smaller one than selling now, which is plain crazy. This is the point where you buy with both hands.

i am satoshi
Mikellev

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:36:14 AM

So if you sell now, and buy back in after the news what do you lose ? Trading fees. Thats it. But if it goes down again, you are on the safe side.

Um no, hate to break it to you, but if you sell now and the news are good, you also lose ~50% of your previous bitcoins due to the price jump that you won't be able to anticipate or participate in unless you are watching the market 24/7.

So the thing here is quite simple - if you believe in bitcoin future, then your speculative objective is to increase your BTC holdings by any means. Selling at the bottom usually goes against that objective, as anybody who traded here since 2011 would tell you (but you won't listen, so you'll have to learn on your own). Good spot to sell was in four digits, not at the bottom - it was a risk then, sure, but at least relatively smaller one than selling now, which is plain crazy. This is the point where you buy with both hands.

Hmmm... Well Im monitoring the market most of my time, having a extra monitor for it in the office. Also I use a bot that buys for me if a price x is reached and stop loss orders in the xchange if it drops.
So most work is done without me. I dont know if this is "normal" but we are talking about money here, so I take it serious.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:04:40 AM

Hmmm... Well Im monitoring the market most of my time, having a extra monitor for it in the office. Also I use a bot that buys for me if a price x is reached and stop loss orders in the xchange if it drops.
So most work is done without me. I dont know if this is "normal" but we are talking about money here, so I take it serious.

Well, don't trust the bot too much, slippage here on big moves is *huge*, because usually it is several large orders - once they go through, the book is cleared for like 10%, so you are always buying higher. But still, you have much better chances to catch the train than most speculators here who trade by hand; selling low is a dangerous game and you must be prepared for losses.

i am satoshi
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: