Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:09:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to Paypal withdrawal help please! (Bitinstant)  (Read 2400 times)
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 03:26:43 AM

As some forum members know,  you can now withdraw funds via Paypal fromwww.bitinstant.com

Paypal currently charges 3% to transfer from one paypal account to another.

The Bitinstant and Paypal COMBINED charges are 3.29% to 3.99% for withdrawals from MTGOX codes.
This is only 0.29% to 0.99% more than what the standard Paypal transfer fee would be.

The problem is that users are confused into thinking that the fee will be 3.29%  PLUS Paypals normal fee of 3% for a combined fee of over 6%

This is not the case,  but we need a clear way to convey this information to our users.

Please give us your thoughts on how we can make it clear that the TOTAL FEE from both Bitinstant AND Paypal is only 3.29%  (Just 0.29% more than what a normal Paypal transfer would be)

Please see www.bitinstant.com for our current site and let us know what should be changed.

Thank you all!

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 07:58:13 AM

maybe use a hover hint

take an example $100 transfer and state how $100 on the left results in $96.50 (or whatever) added to the PayPal balance.
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 08:51:10 AM

Write the percentages (or the ranges) above the arrows in that picture. The arrows probably have to be made a bit larger for that.
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 06:14:09 PM

Back when CoinCard sent PayPal payments, I stated prominently on the prices page that customers pay no PayPal fees to receive these payments.  That seemed to be clear enough for most customers.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 06:43:11 PM

How exactly does one get 3.29% instead of 3.99%?  I noticed the maximum transfer amount is $500 but the stated fee stays the same no matter what dollar amount is put in. And make a seperate box to show the fees. Right now, you have 'Our Commision'. It should be 'Our Commision' .29% or whatever and a seperate box right below to list the fee assocaited with the currently selecetd transfer method. Also, make these 2 boxes non user interactable. Right now, a user can type in whatever they want. I am sure your software ignores it. Atleast I hope so. ;p

Cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 08:24:51 PM

How exactly does one get 3.29% instead of 3.99%?  I noticed the maximum transfer amount is $500 but the stated fee stays the same no matter what dollar amount is put in. And make a seperate box to show the fees. Right now, you have 'Our Commision'. It should be 'Our Commision' .29% or whatever and a seperate box right below to list the fee assocaited with the currently selecetd transfer method. Also, make these 2 boxes non user interactable. Right now, a user can type in whatever they want. I am sure your software ignores it. Atleast I hope so. ;p

Cheers

Hey, any order above $100 gets the reduced rate of 3.29%

Thanks for your tips, I definitely think we need to make it more simpler.

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: