Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 11:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Protest won't save Nigeria from bad governance  (Read 540 times)
SmartCharpa

Activity: 532
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 06:53:49 PM

Well, do you think embarking on a protest would stop bad governance in Nigeria?

I don't think this protest of a thing that we are doing go end bad government in this country, I also wonder if those people wey been dey protest since yesterday no dey in this country with us because how many protest we don do for this country and the government no even care about its citizens, people die anyhow because dem dey fight for economy wey go better and our government go pretend say as if all these things no happened for this country, so waiting go be the reason wey we go think say the only way to stop bad government na to protest? Na naija we dey, make we no copy another country say we fit get better nation because na stubborn leaders we get, even though thousand people die dem no send, they will continue to dey rule the way dey like.

We too dey risk our life for this country I swear, see as small small boys take gather mind they face police officers, Sad na people wey die family I dey pity pass because as dey lose person no mean say this country go better, to be honest we have to look for other way to fight against bad government because na person wey chop very well dey get strength to protest.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
Obim34

Activity: 336
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2024, 07:25:57 PM

I don't think this protest of a thing that we are doing go end bad government in this country, I also wonder if those people wey been dey protest since yesterday no dey in this country with us because how many protest we don do for this country and the government no even care about its citizens, people die anyhow because dem dey fight for economy wey go better and our government go pretend say as if all these things no happened for this country, so waiting go be the reason wey we go think say the only way to stop bad government na to protest? Na naija we dey, make we no copy another country say we fit get better nation because na stubborn leaders we get, even though thousand people die dem no send, they will continue to dey rule the way dey like.

We too dey risk our life for this country I swear, see as small small boys take gather mind they face police officers, Sad na people wey die family I dey pity pass because as dey lose person no mean say this country go better, to be honest we have to look for other way to fight against bad government because na person wey chop very well dey get strength to protest.
Protest doesn't seem like the best of option to resolve the failing economy but what else could be the solution aside what the youths are doing. From what I have seen as a Nigerian all these years is that the government are no longing for any peaceful settlement and has pushed the people to an extreme where violence remains the suitable option. Looking from what Kenyans are doing, I feel like that is just 20% or less of what Nigerians have installed on this protest, it looks kind of dramatic but it's just the starting and in a way I do not blame them because of how much we've held the suffering. Normally as we dey talk am, "dem cup don full" and if they decide to shed blood of the people then it is just putting in more wood to the fire because these people are ready to die already (from the video they were facing those officers, imagine if he opened fire).

The government should do something, now it is early than when a lot of disasters is already happened, not even the government are saved this time. It's supposed to be a peaceful protest but as we know not everyone can be that peaceful, as be say water don pass garri and e no funny to see the economy this bad and keep quiet.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Jessie2121

Activity: 180
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 03, 2024, 01:55:57 AM

OP make I use your topic take talk something for this protest of a thing say protest fit save Naija from bad governance, me I get that strong believe say if this matter happen for government to reduce fuel price say this protest go be one of the best protest so far I no go lie you. Imagine say price of fuel drop to #200 tell me if things go dy as high as e dy now starting with transportation moni and other things? Me I see say small hope dey and if by the grace of God that small luck we dey find them unlucky am things go come back to normal. As I see that news this morning I just reason am say make I drop am here make una see am in a position way if hope no dey.
Cossyblack

Activity: 115
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 03, 2024, 10:50:25 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2024, 12:32:34 PM by Cossyblack

yeah na truth you talk o this protest no go fit end bad government for Nigeria but the main aim of this protest na to pressure FG to remove fuel subsidy so that the  price of food commodity go come down,make hunger no come kill people finnish. If you enta street,you go understand say our youth dey hungry and if govt no take this protest serious,e go fit turn to something else because those armed policemen and soldiers wet our werey leaders dey take get hope go leave them run wen de real problem go start.
Princess Leah (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 44

View Profile
August 03, 2024, 02:29:00 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2024, 11:44:39 PM by Princess Leah

OP make I use your topic take talk something for this protest of a thing say protest fit save Naija from bad governance, me I get that strong believe say if this matter happen for government to reduce fuel price say this protest go be one of the best protest so far I no go lie you. Imagine say price of fuel drop to #200 tell me if things go dy as high as e dy now starting with transportation moni and other things? Me I see say small hope dey and if by the grace of God that small luck we dey find them unlucky am things go come back to normal. As I see that news this morning I just reason am say make I drop am here make una see am in a position way if hope no dey.
I like your believe and honestly I dey seriously hope say the protest fit help reduce hunger and starvation atleast if not the bad government entirely but @Jessie2121 abeg make I ask you one simple question, who be your president? Bola Ahmed Tinibu, right?. I for like make you go do research about the name I just mentioned. Well, make I give you clue, before the previous president step out, the current president na man wey done dey anticipate to rule Nigeria, em love power, and em use em wealth to buy power, claiming say na em turn (Emi lo kon) for Yoruba language.

This na man wey sabi use power, even for the previous government when em no be president, em exhibit the power for lekki toll gate during the ENDSARS protest, so I no think say this current protest go move that kind person, i hope say you know say them pay anti-protesters to protest against this current protest even before eh start, that na the height of how foolish most citizens dey and this government dey aware so they'll use them to fight against those opposing their government.

Currently the police and dss wey suppose dey protect protesters wey dey fight for their right too, dey shoot innocent civilians for different locations knowing fully well say retaliation go dey and na wetin the government want, so dey go deploy military with claims say the protest go violent of which the army general done already talk say dem go act if eh go violent. However as for the fuel price going down to #200 lol not in Tinibu's regime, that man come to leach Nigeria and add to his wealth.
Justbillywitt

Activity: 336
Merit: 271

View Profile
August 03, 2024, 06:25:28 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (2)

When I go online and see people talking about protesting against bad governance and hardship, it makes me wonder if those people are actually from Nigeria, maybe they got their motivations from the ongoing protest in Kenya but they fail to realize that this is Nigeria where the government is two steps ahead of it's citizens and would do anything to crumble plots of kicking against their governance.

It's so shameful that Nigeria has turned into a lawless country, whereby the law only favours certain caliber of people, they disobey the law, take away citizens right and go scot-free without giving account of their actions, take for example what happened in the past major protest which was the ENDSARS protest where innocent citizens carrying out peaceful protest where killed by some military personnels or is the previous election‽

Even if we embark on another protest by emulating what Kenya is doing, there would be some saboteurs that would go behind to take bribe and ruin the whole process or the government would come up with anti protesters to cause a clash and then they'll declare state of emergency just to ruin the process, that's why I earlier stated that the government is two steps ahead of it's citizen, it's obvious we need a messiah but who would be that messiah? What i think is good for this country is the military regime cause democracy currently is a scam in Nigeria. Well, do you think embarking on a protest would stop bad governance in Nigeria?

Protest is a fundamental human rights. It is a tool to bring government to accountability. No matter what the government are doing to intimate us we won't back down. It better to protest than fold our hands and do nothing, with the protest the government of the day will understand that the citizens are not happy with their policies that are not yielding any positive results. Maybe they will sit up knowing fully well that they are sitting on gun powders. I will not be among those that will keep quiet and watch things continue to go wrong while I can protest. Even if it doesn't yield positive result this first time, we will continue to protest until our voices are heard.
Military won't just takeover government like that until there is a trigger. And don't you think that this protest could be one of the triggers that could usher in the new era of military government we are clamouring for?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4221

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2024, 10:55:02 PM

Protest no go save us from bad government but e go start a movement wey if we continue, we fit end the bad governance for the country. If the protest dey successful, e go create awareness for the problems dem wey dey the country to foreigners and people for the country and if nobody sells out, we fit organized ourselves for the next election and vote in people wey we want and stand to support our votes to make sure it counts. Protest is a step in the right direction because of we no do anything, nobody go come save us.

Protest is a fundamental human rights. It is a tool to bring government to accountability. No matter what the government are doing to intimate us we won't back down. It better to protest than fold our hands and do nothing, with the protest the government of the day will understand that the citizens are not happy with their policies that are not yielding any positive results.

Protest has help other countries to have a more responsible government, if na better country wey we dey, the president supposed step down when the heat of the protest gets to him. The protest never heat up well but sha make we dey watch. Tinubu was the leader of the protest against former president Goodluck Jonathan when things weren't going well so him no fit stop this protest wey dun start so. Make him take this one as warning because Nigerians wey dey today no be the Nigerians of the old. People eyes dun dey open and small small we go take our country back from this thiefs.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Y3shot

Activity: 672
Merit: 173

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2024, 11:12:57 PM

Protest no go save us from bad government but e go start a movement wey if we continue, we fit end the bad governance for the country. If the protest dey successful, e go create awareness for the problems dem wey dey the country to foreigners and people for the country and if nobody sells out, we fit organized ourselves for the next election and vote in people wey we want and stand to support our votes to make sure it counts. Protest is a step in the right direction because of we no do anything, nobody go come save us.

Protest is a fundamental human rights. It is a tool to bring government to accountability. No matter what the government are doing to intimate us we won't back down. It better to protest than fold our hands and do nothing, with the protest the government of the day will understand that the citizens are not happy with their policies that are not yielding any positive results.

Protest has help other countries to have a more responsible government, if na better country wey we dey, the president supposed step down when the heat of the protest gets to him. The protest never heat up well but sha make we dey watch. Tinubu was the leader of the protest against former president Goodluck Jonathan when things weren't going well so him no fit stop this protest wey dun start so. Make him take this one as warning because Nigerians wey dey today no be the Nigerians of the old. People eyes dun dey open and small small we go take our country back from this thiefs.
Boss wetin you dey cap na true and I agree with you. When the people of South Africa were looking for the kind government dem want na protest them use to take achieve the kind government dem want, and this demonstration is something they did for a very longtime time. Nelson Mandela spent about 37year in prison,  even before Nelson Mandela was arrested the people of South Africa don dey protest and they make demonstration for a very longtime. The protest wey Nigerians dey do now is the only way to end bad government,  and this thing na something wey fit take time but for sure but protest don really make things for many countries.  Even dem the government dem understand the power of protest na why they always try their best to frustrate every protest to bring people to fight against protest.
Igebotz
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1758

The Naija & Stake Sherrif 📛

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2024, 11:33:39 PM

This is a slave mentality. Nobody is claiming that protesting will automatically change the current economic situation, but it will change the way the government acts and thinks in the future. It sends a clear message to the president and his cabinet that the people are tired of pretending to be happy while things are getting worse; the people had high expectations for this government after a difficult 8 years of M. Buhari's presidency.

The government has failed the people who voted them into power, and protest is the only way for the common voice to be heard.

..stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

Code:
[center][table][tr][td][url=https://stake.com/?c=Igebotz][font=Arial black][size=24pt][glow=#0f212e,2][color=transparent][size=8pt].[/size].[size=9pt][sup][size=16pt][color=#fff]Stake.com[/size][/sup][/size].[size=8pt].[/td]
[td][/td][td][/td]
[td][size=2pt][tt]   [color=#2d4454]▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   [glow=#fff,2]██ [color=#ccc]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄[/color]            [color=#ccc]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄[/color] ██[/glow]  [color=#ed5564]▄████▄[/color]
   [glow=#fff,2]██ [color=#ccc]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color] [color=#0c79ed]██████████[/color] [color=#ccc]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color] ██[/glow]  [color=#ed5564]██████[/color]
   [glow=#fff,2]██ [color=#0c79ed]██████████ ██      ██ ██████████[/color] ██[/glow]   [color=#ed5564]▀██▀[/color]
   [glow=#fff,2]██ [color=#0c79ed]██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██[/color] ██[/glow]    [color=#ccc]██[/color]
   [glow=#fff,2]██ [color=#0c79ed]██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██[/color] ██[/glow][color=#ccc]██▄ ██[/color]
   [glow=#fff,2]██ [color=#0c79ed]█████  ███ ████  ███
Princess Leah (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 44

View Profile
August 04, 2024, 12:15:12 AM

Boss wetin you dey cap na true and I agree with you. When the people of South Africa were looking for the kind government dem want na protest them use to take achieve the kind government dem want, and this demonstration is something they did for a very longtime time. Nelson Mandela spent about 37year in prison,  even before Nelson Mandela was arrested the people of South Africa don dey protest and they make demonstration for a very longtime. The protest wey Nigerians dey do now is the only way to end bad government,  and this thing na something wey fit take time but for sure but protest don really make things for many countries.  Even dem the government dem understand the power of protest na why they always try their best to frustrate every protest to bring people to fight against protest.

I no dey dispute @boss Brainboss fact say protest na better thing wey fit help Nigeria for the future, South Africa na big example of African country wey protest against bad government done help change but I wan burst your head say South African people come out in their masses to fight against bad government, both men and women, youths and elders everybody been support the movement of Nelson Mandela, no Anti protesters oppose the movement.

Even for the Kenya protest wey ginger the current ongoing protest, all of them come out in their masses even when Ruto try use military to oppress them, them still stand their ground, but when e reach Giant Of Africa turn, some citizens come dey turn chameleon, some youths come dey pass back go collect bride from those corrupt leaders wey dey fight against their future.

I just wish say this protest fit help change things for Nigeria cause people dey suffer, yesterday a matured protester walk up to me dey complain of hunger and transport to go back house to be honest eh pain me die and I almost cry, out of pity I rush carry am go POS withdraw money give am, still buy am food. But come to think of am, how many people here wey dey talk about the protest even go protest? Dey fit no even reach up to 10 yet una dey use Kenya and South Africa as example, think about am.
Y3shot

Activity: 672
Merit: 173

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2024, 12:44:16 AM

Boss wetin you dey cap na true and I agree with you. When the people of South Africa were looking for the kind government dem want na protest them use to take achieve the kind government dem want, and this demonstration is something they did for a very longtime time. Nelson Mandela spent about 37year in prison,  even before Nelson Mandela was arrested the people of South Africa don dey protest and they make demonstration for a very longtime. The protest wey Nigerians dey do now is the only way to end bad government,  and this thing na something wey fit take time but for sure but protest don really make things for many countries.  Even dem the government dem understand the power of protest na why they always try their best to frustrate every protest to bring people to fight against protest.

I no dey dispute @boss Brainboss fact say protest na better thing wey fit help Nigeria for the future, South Africa na big example of African country wey protest against bad government done help change but I wan burst your head say South African people come out in their masses to fight against bad government, both men and women, youths and elders everybody been support the movement of Nelson Mandela, no Anti protesters oppose the movement.

Even for the Kenya protest wey ginger the current ongoing protest, all of them come out in their masses even when Ruto try use military to oppress them, them still stand their ground, but when e reach Giant Of Africa turn, some citizens come dey turn chameleon, some youths come dey pass back go collect bride from those corrupt leaders wey dey fight against their future.

I just wish say this protest fit help change things for Nigeria cause people dey suffer, yesterday a matured protester walk up to me dey complain of hunger and transport to go back house to be honest eh pain me die and I almost cry, out of pity I rush carry am go POS withdraw money give am, still buy am food. But come to think of am, how many people here wey dey talk about the protest even go protest? Dey fit no even reach up to 10 yet una dey use Kenya and South Africa as example, think about am.
No reason ahm bro. This is just the beginning of this movement,  the truth is that Nigerians are tired of government. I agree with you that no everybody wey put body for the protest but I tell you time dey cone wey be say all common Nigerians will come out in masses to say know to bad government.  Nigerians have really gone through a lot for so many years, I think Nigerians are very patience with the government but I promise you that time is coming when the government won't be able to stand this hit because the common Nigerians will be looking for them, they won't even mind loosing their life.
Marvelockg

Activity: 266
Merit: 170

View Profile
August 04, 2024, 12:34:42 PM

Nigeria is a complex society and it's very deficult to have a full blown protest where all the part of the country will come out in Thier numbers for the protest without putting their interests first. I don't want to sound sentimental but if you Look at what's happening now, some section of the country has refused to join in the protest and have also discouraged thier people from being part of it, some other region have taken it way too serious and one can easily read meaning on such sudden show of concern. With this kind of mix, it's going to be deficult to actualize what our demands are and when you know that you're actually dealing with a careless leaders like the one that gave speech this morning, you just know that we have a very long way to go.

Our religious leaders are even discouraging her members from participating in the protest and a lot of others who were part of the end Sars protest and lost love ones at the time wouldn't even want to come out for this protest. We know how influential our celebratity are and how they can pull a lot of fans and people out for the protest should they come out in Thier numbers but we didn't see them at all and none is taking it seriously probably because a lot of them spoke out during the election but naive Nigerians still went out to vote TINIBU due to the cheap money they gave them on the day of the election.

After going through the edited and pre recorded speech from the presidency, I've totally lost hope that we have a president. We suffered under buhari who was packaged throughout his tenure and never spoke to the nation in any form of empathetic manner and yet again, we are on another ride with a package president that can't articulately talk to his nation on a matter as pressing as this as a normal human. How is it even reasonable that a president can't have at least a 30 minute media briefing where he actually talks and not read some cheap scrip that's written by someone that's probably clueless on what's the problem of the masses?

Nigeria truly is in a state of shetima! We're fucked.

Zackz5000

Activity: 182
Merit: 133

View Profile
August 04, 2024, 01:30:56 PM

Protest has changed the bad situation of many countries around the world but when it comes to Nigeria is always a different thing. Ok unlike the the End Sars protest that protest was supposed to change the bad situation of this country not only ending sars, I think the only protest that can end this bad governance in Nigeria is to go against our bad leaders that is only when they will know the citizens are really serious this time around if protest is still what am seeing now Nigeria will still go from bad to worst.

People are suppose to come out in Mass for the protest but the killing of Nigeria citizen by the Nigeria army during the end sars protest has put a great fear In the mind of the citizen if the Nigeria forces will join and support or be part of this protest then Nigeria will be better place again.
Zanab247

Activity: 1288
Merit: 182

Catalog Websites

View Profile
August 04, 2024, 06:44:35 PM

Even though d protest will not going to end bad governance in Nigeria now, but it has created fear into d mind of d government to do d right thing that will make d country to move forward like other countries that is doing well today. With time, Nigeria will get it right to have good governance, and we shouldn't pray for military regime because u don't have freedom of speech like d way we have freedom of speech in this democracy regime, which is still giving us d courage to come out and speak out our mind for d whole world to hear us which are d benefits of democracy.

U will see positive results that will come out from this protest Nigeria youths protest August 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and government has directed NNPC to b giving Dangote crude oil to refine in his refinery and to charge him with naira just to make sure there is surplus of fuel in d country which Dangote refinery will make gas, fuel kerosene and diesel available in all d 36 states include FCT Abuja,which is d evidence of d protest that happened this month of august.

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
SmartCharpa

Activity: 532
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 04, 2024, 08:40:51 PM

Protest doesn't seem like the best of option to resolve the failing economy but what else could be the solution aside what the youths are doing. From what I have seen as a Nigerian all these years is that the government are no longing for any peaceful settlement and has pushed the people to an extreme where violence remains the suitable option. Looking from what Kenyans are doing, I feel like that is just 20% or less of what Nigerians have installed on this protest, it looks kind of dramatic but it's just the starting and in a way I do not blame them because of how much we've held the suffering. Normally as we dey talk am, "dem cup don full" and if they decide to shed blood of the people then it is just putting in more wood to the fire because these people are ready to die already (from the video they were facing those officers, imagine if he opened fire).

The government should do something, now it is early than when a lot of disasters is already happened, not even the government are saved this time. It's supposed to be a peaceful protest but as we know not everyone can be that peaceful, as be say water don pass garri and e no funny to see the economy this bad and keep quiet.

Protest is the best option to end the bad government but this is not the way we supposed run the protest, this is beyond my expectations because I thought it could be a peaceful protest, we said we are protesting against the bad government but this one that we are doing e be like say we are protesting against ourselves, some people are using this protest opportunity to steal from each other, many broke people store and steal the stuff dey sell, is that suppose to be part of the protest? We are meant to do this against our bad leaders but some people use it destroying people, where did they expect those people wey dey destroy their properties to start from with this hard economy we dey fight for? Our own dey always different from others, I no sure say this is how Kenyans did their own protest.

However, the officers no fit open fire because the more the innocent people die the more the matter will be getting worst, if you remember the protest wey we been do about ENDSARS the more innocent people die, the worst the situation becomes. I just hope these whole things better one day because this suffering don too much for us.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
Jessie2121

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 08:20:26 AM

I like your believe and honestly I dey seriously hope say the protest fit help reduce hunger and starvation atleast if not the bad government entirely but @Jessie2121 abeg make I ask you one simple question, who be your president? Bola Ahmed Tinibu, right?. I for like make you go do research about the name I just mentioned. Well, make I give you clue, before the previous president step out, the current president na man wey done dey anticipate to rule Nigeria, em love power, and em use em wealth to buy power, claiming say na em turn (Emi lo kon) for Yoruba language.

This na man wey sabi use power, even for the previous government when em no be president, em exhibit the power for lekki toll gate during the ENDSARS protest, so I no think say this current protest go move that kind person, i hope say you know say them pay anti-protesters to protest against this current protest even before eh start, that na the height of how foolish most citizens dey and this government dey aware so they'll use them to fight against those opposing their government.

Currently the police and dss wey suppose dey protect protesters wey dey fight for their right too, dey shoot innocent civilians for different locations knowing fully well say retaliation go dey and na wetin the government want, so dey go deploy military with claims say the protest go violent of which the army general done already talk say dem go act if eh go violent. However as for the fuel price going down to #200 lol not in Tinibu's regime, that man come to leach Nigeria and add to his wealth.

OP you make me laugh for this your question, see eh me I no really believe say as him love to use any means to get wetin him want, all I know be say something special go happen if things work out the way reasonable people plan am. The man Tinubu get em own greedy plans but I no sure say things go work for am as e work for em predecessor, make we no underestimate the few people wey dey put effort to make this movement work, e go hard but if we stay positive we go win the battle against bad governance. I know say him power follow for last protest but na sense them suppose use follow this man this time around and to make am bad for am na to stay strong, we know how bad him health be na, the pressure go drop am from how I see am. Police own matter dey work under pressure, them want things to go well but make we remember say dia job dey on the line if them no follow order so I no go too blame them.
Majestic-milf

Activity: 896
Merit: 612

View Profile
August 05, 2024, 08:29:03 AM

I hear for news say presido wan give ear to the protesters and dey advise them to stop the protest but we know how we contri dey; dem go act like say Dem wan listen to us but if we later gree, the mata fit serious pass as e be now.
 President Tinubu say for this dialogue to get head, all hands sopoz dey on deck and despite say the protest initially was targeted to end hunger and bad governance, many people do turn am to violence and lives don dey lost in the process.
My question nah be say them go willingly turn things around to a better way because I bin dey tok say if fuel price alone fit reduce, mata don settle but how the government go make am happen because to me, if them give the people wetin them want e go look like say them dey hand over control to the citizens and masses.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Jessie2121

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 06:27:35 AM

Make una wait oh, hope this protest never wan enter something outside the box becos I know say we get plenty people wey dey forget the cause of some actions them dey take all in the name of protest wey dey go well and now them wan spoil am, why some people go use another country flag take join this protest wey only concern naija? sometimes people just like to find trouble, from wetin I know I no think this use of Russia flag dey necessary in any way, the world dey see us no mean say we go begin use any country flag to seek for attention, any body wey wan help us achieve our goal make them come after all them too dey benefit from all these rubbish we dey surfer for here so me I go say if them like make the arrest those people wey dey flag Russian flag but make we get our peace of mind becos the government go base their energy on this one then forget say them suppose listen to the demand of the protesters.
Jegileman

Activity: 434
Merit: 200

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 06:45:05 PM

It's so shameful that Nigeria has turned into a lawless country, whereby the law only favours certain caliber of people, they disobey the law, take away citizens right and go scot-free without giving account of their actions, take for example what happened in the past major protest which was the ENDSARS protest where innocent citizens carrying out peaceful protest where killed by some military personnels or is the previous election‽

I saw in one of the videos of a politician appealing to the federal government to release some members that took part in the EndSars protest, that’s about four years imprisonment now for fighting for your right in your own country. Those protesters when released can never be compelled to support or encourage themselves for a better nation when it demands them to do so. Most of them will be regretting that action now but yet again, is this the way we’ll continue? I hope a lasting solution is found soon to this country’s menace.

Even if we embark on another protest by emulating what Kenya is doing, there would be some saboteurs that would go behind to take bribe and ruin the whole process or the government would come up with anti protesters to cause a clash and then they'll declare state of emergency just to ruin the process, that's why I earlier stated that the government is two steps ahead of it's citizen, it's obvious we need a messiah but who would be that messiah? What i think is good for this country is the military regime cause democracy currently is a scam in Nigeria. Well, do you think embarking on a protest would stop bad governance in Nigeria?

You’re right OP, engaging in protest cannot stop bad governance in Nigeria and just like you’ve stated earlier before this protest began, during the protest, they were anti-protesters that where protesting against the protest, it clearly shows that the government is looking for a way to buy the people with money into believing that they’re certain people that still have trust and hope in the process of the government which is not true. The protest was later hijacked by hoodlums which turned into violent in some states and also lead to breaking and stealing from people belongings in their shops. That immediately prompt the government to bring an end to the protest by declaring curfew. It was such a bad idea on how the protest later turned out. Calling for military regime, is that the way out of this bondage again?

Juicyhome

Activity: 70
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 07:05:24 AM

I saw in one of the videos of a politician appealing to the federal government to release some members that took part in the EndSars protest, that’s about four years imprisonment now for fighting for your right in your own country. Those protesters when released can never be compelled to support or encourage themselves for a better nation when it demands them to do so. Most of them will be regretting that action now but yet again, is this the way we’ll continue? I hope a lasting solution is found soon to this country’s menace.

You’re right OP, engaging in protest cannot stop bad governance in Nigeria and just like you’ve stated earlier before this protest began, during the protest, they were anti-protesters that where protesting against the protest, it clearly shows that the government is looking for a way to buy the people with money into believing that they’re certain people that still have trust and hope in the process of the government which is not true. The protest was later hijacked by hoodlums which turned into violent in some states and also lead to breaking and stealing from people belongings in their shops. That immediately prompt the government to bring an end to the protest by declaring curfew. It was such a bad idea on how the protest later turned out. Calling for military regime, is that the way out of this bondage again?
please  there is nothing  like hijacking of the on going protest, the people are hungry and angry they expect them to behave well on the street. when democracy fail its resulted to violent, it will interest  you is that the government did everything to stop the endbadgovernment protest by paying many youths body to stay out of the protest, so same government can do anything to stop the protest by hiring hoodlums to cause problem on the street just to tag the protest violent one.

this is Nigeria   the politicians can do anything just to justify their evil will, instead of them to listen to the demand of the people, they are trying everything to kill the protesters that are going about their constitutional right to express their dissatisfactions for the government. the protest will yield a good result, the solidarity and momentum is increasing everyday.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: