Bitcoin Forum
August 15, 2024, 12:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Little things that bug you/me about the forum  (Read 1331 times)
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7780

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 24, 2024, 09:29:49 AM

So, if you can think of something fairly specific that you'd like to see fixed/improved and you estimate it to be a small(ish) task

"Show new replies to your posts." doesn't really do what it suggests. A more appropriate phrase would be "Show threads you have commented in that have new replies" and that's really fine. But there really should be a way to unfollow threads that I am no longer interested in receiving updates about. So they won't continue to show up everytime someone posts a new reply in it. Because I am not interested in some of them anymore. Why should I have to be reminded about them forever just because I made one comment one time?

Before someone says "just click on mark all messages as read" yeah that doesn't do anything. that's not what i'm trying to do. i just don't want to see updates about some threads anymore.

That's good point. Although the only workaround (not solution) i found is manually click "watch" on thread i'm interested and click "unwatch" when i'm no longer interested.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 3084

View Profile
July 24, 2024, 05:00:01 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), PowerGlove (1)

One small fix suggestion regarding shrink or expanding the header. (...)
Nice one! The patch is here. Wink
Something related to persistence: the Post a redirection topic checkbox from the Move Topic page should be disabled by default. Redirection topics left by members are seldom useful and mods leave them sporadically. Having the choice saved would be a small benefit.
Albeit it's more useful for mods when moving lots of threads (had a userscript long time ago disabling the checkbox to save some mouse travel and clicks  Cheesy).

For example, I may not be looking for any particular conversation I've had with user X, but I want to get all the messages we exchanged.
I'm currently working on something that'll help with that. If what I have in mind doesn't end up solving your problem, then I'll re-visit your specific suggestion.

Another feedback: When searching for PM, I want to be able to search to my Outbox only, instead of my Inbox.
Yup, it's on my list (it originally came to me from Cyrus).
Thanks for putting that on your list! IMO it's an easy way to a sort of faux conversation style PMs by having the ability to show all messages to and from a certain user without needing to search for a keyword (there's always that off chance you might miss a PM because it didn't contain that common character you used to search for  Cheesy).

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 3115

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 09:36:25 AM
Merited by PowerGlove (2)

Would a btalk app be a realistic possibility.

(I'm just kidding, I know you said you're only asking from the perspective of technical curiosity.) Wink

That's a really tough question to answer. From my point of view, the short answer is yes...

The long answer involves all sorts of shit that you and everyone else would probably find incredibly boring. But, basically, I can see a path to eventually getting Bitcointalk to a place where the database remains as-is, but it's "wrapped" in a way that makes it possible for it to service multiple frontends. In that universe, there'd still be the tried-and-true "legacy" frontend for the diehards that want to keep using SMF, but there'd also be one or more "modern" frontends that would be more feature-rich and would be much easier to develop on (right now, adding features to the forum involves way more work/thinking than it really should: SMF is a security-incident minefield; a saner architecture/codebase would allow for development to happen at a much quicker pace). Another way to state my perspective is that I think SMF's database schema and invariants could be maintained (at least, to the extent that the "legacy" frontend wouldn't break), and that, with clever enough engineering, non-SMF frontends could be erected on top of the existing database, allowing a modernization effort to progress without ever actually having to "migrate" anything or anyone.

Built in photo upload option.  This would be freakn sweet.  Not having to use imgur and those of that ilk would be lovely.  
Yup, that would be nice! But, like Loyce mentioned, I can't imagine theymos wanting to deal with the hassle of hosting the images directly. I've been thinking for a while now about some kind of distributed image hosting, run on a volunteer-basis by interested forum members. I've also been thinking about a new BBCode tag to specifically reference content-addressable images that are being hosted in this way. If that project ever gets off the ground, then I can see a way to make uploading images feel like a completely built-in feature (but without getting theymos tangled in administrative/legal issues).

Thanks PG!! I appreciate you addressing the app question, have always been curious about this particular topic!

“I've been thinking for a while now about some kind of distributed image hosting, run on a volunteer-basis by interested forum members”.  If there’s anything I can ever do to assist, I’m happy to do so, whether on a funding basis or learning to do some basic coding if that’s what’s needed here (I have no clue what this would entail, which will come as no surprise to you lol). This would be such a big deal for us in collectibles who are constantly posting imgs.  The other day when using an image upload service it got me to thinking , when I give the service access to my photos , are they able to see all my images instantly , and are they potentially scrapping / saving them as well Huh  Just another privacy concern out of about a million of them atm that I have as I try to clean my act up online.

Cheers

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
PowerGlove (OP)
hacker

Activity: 561
Merit: 4810

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 02:37:14 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4), ibminer (2), ChiBitCTy (1)

If there’s anything I can ever do to assist, I’m happy to do so, whether on a funding basis or learning to do some basic coding if that’s what’s needed here (I have no clue what this would entail, which will come as no surprise to you lol).
Thanks, man! I appreciate your willingness to help (seriously), that's very cool of you!!

It's not a funding problem (theymos pays me, and even if he didn't, there'd still be some subset of work, like this, that I'd be willing to do for free). It's also not a technical problem (I mean, it is a technical problem, but, I'm confident that I either have already solved or can solve all of the issues related to this).

Basically, it's a time problem: I've got a lot on my plate, and I'll likely only get to this late next year.

I didn't plan on re-thinking how image uploading/hosting should really work on Bitcointalk, what happened was that I went through three evolutions of thought, initiated by the Imgur issue:

(*) My first response to this (IIRC; it's been a while) was to re-host Loyce's Imgur backup on TalkImg, and then modify the image proxy to use some kind of lookup table to silently replace Imgur links with "equivalent" TalkImg links.

(*) My second thought (months later; again, IIRC) was to generalize my first thought and add a (pretty elaborate) hashing scheme to it so that there'd be no doubt as to the correctness of the "replaced" images. (I think I called this version of my thinking "CIPP" for "Community Image Preservation Project": I recall PMing theymos about it and getting a lukewarm-at-best response, so I shelved it.)

(*) My third (and current) thought is to leverage the very nice properties of content addressability to solve the Imgur problem in a trustless way: I'd basically add a new BBCode tag (called [cai], for "content-addressable image") that would be used to replace all of the Imgur [img] tags with something that theymos could independently construct (a text-encoded cryptographic hash of the image itself, so, something like: [cai]26MrbcYgzHAo7kxxHSVxbtm6NMHn[/cai]). Getting the whole scheme to work properly involves the writing of two new pieces of software: a resolver-thingy that would be on the same network as the image proxy, and a storage-thingy that some members would (hopefully) choose to run on a volunteer-basis.

It just so happens that the way to comprehensively fix the Imgur problem also puts most of the pieces in place for an image-hosting solution that would be basically perfect for Bitcointalk: one that many users (in principle) can share the responsibility for, one that is tamper-proof by design (because you can't change images without also changing their hashes, which is what identifies them under this scheme in the first place), and one that beats the pants off something traditional (like Chevereto) in terms of hosting costs and reliability (the storage nodes could live even without static IPs, much less anything DNS or SSL/TLS related, and the whole design is filled with little compute, storage, and bandwidth wins).

(I mean, there's an elephant in the room, and it's natural to think: "Erm, but, what about TalkImg?!". I'm not poo-pooing TalkImg, and I think JJ has done a great job with it, but, there are too many advantages to the approach I have in mind to ignore. Just like the Imgur images can all be transformed into [cai] tags and absorbed in a seamless way, the TalkImg images could all be absorbed, too. Honestly, if I were JJ, I'd be kind of relieved that the long-term responsibility/upkeep and succession planning for TalkImg might just "dissolve".)
joker_josue
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4780

**In BTC since 2013**

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2024, 07:56:55 PM

(I mean, there's an elephant in the room, and it's natural to think: "Erm, but, what about TalkImg?!". I'm not poo-pooing TalkImg, and I think JJ has done a great job with it, but, there are too many advantages to the approach I have in mind to ignore. Just like the Imgur images can all be transformed into [cai] tags and absorbed in a seamless way, the TalkImg images could all be absorbed, too. Honestly, if I were JJ, I'd be kind of relieved that the long-term responsibility/upkeep and succession planning for TalkImg might just "dissolve".)

We've already talked a little about this, and you know I'm open to improving this system. And you know you can count on me to develop more effective models that can work in most scenarios. I am available to collaborate in the development of these ideas.

The point is, to have an external or indirect solution to the forum. If we find a functional and useful model for everyone, then it could be viable.
So you can count on me whenever you want to evaluate these points.  Wink

█████████████████████████
████████▀▀████▀▀█▀▀██████
█████▀████▄▄▄▄████████
███▀███▄███████████████
██▀█████████████████████
██▄███████████████▀▀▄▄███
███▄███▀████████▀███▄████
█████▄████▀▀▀▀████▄██████
████████▄▄████▄▄█████████

BitList 
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

List #kycfree Websites   
paid2

Activity: 784
Merit: 2448

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 11, 2024, 09:10:09 AM
Merited by PowerGlove (3)

Hi PowerGlove!

I don't know if this suggestion has already been made, if it's doable or not, anyway, I submit it thinking "we never know.." :

I'd love to have an option when sending a PM like "self deletion in x days".
I always delete PMs I receive once I've replied to them, and the same goes for those I've sent once I've got a reply from the recipient, for privacy reasons (for example, I frequently receive names, addresses, phone numbers and other personal data).
The problem is that if people don't delete my PMs on their own, or their own sent PMs, they're always a potential source of trouble in the event of an account hack or other incident (type Bitcointalk's hack etc..)

I think that as long as the self-deletion remains optional, it would be beneficial and allow us to have a little more control over our data. I know that in the meantime, solutions already exist, with third-party services such as zerobin etc... or PGP (which too few users on the forum use), but such an option would make things easier and would be more "beginners friendly" IMO.

I don't know if it's feasible, and how much work it would be though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 17183

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2024, 09:39:44 AM
Merited by paid2 (1)

I'd love to have an option when sending a PM like "self deletion in x days".
Scammers would love that feature.... For privacy, it doesn't help if the user has email notification for PMs.

paid2

Activity: 784
Merit: 2448

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 11, 2024, 11:14:16 AM

Scammers would love that feature.... For privacy, it doesn't help if the user has email notification for PMs.

Okay, but in that case users would be free to refuse a PM of this kind to conclude a deal (it could be flagrant that the PM you receive will auto delete with a banner like we have for newbies PMs, for example), I'm personally not sure it would really make their lives easier (I could be wrong, but PMs don't seem to be the lifeblood of scammers here as most us block newbies' PMs).
You're right about the emails, although self-suppression of PMs here would still remove a potential vector of problems.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1850
Merit: 2891

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2024, 02:06:45 PM
Merited by PowerGlove (2)

~
(*) My third (and current) thought is to leverage the very nice properties of content addressability to solve the Imgur problem in a trustless way: I'd basically add a new BBCode tag (called [cai], for "content-addressable image") that would be used to replace all of the Imgur [img] tags with something that theymos could independently construct (a text-encoded cryptographic hash of the image itself, so, something like: [cai]26MrbcYgzHAo7kxxHSVxbtm6NMHn[/cai]). Getting the whole scheme to work properly involves the writing of two new pieces of software: a resolver-thingy that would be on the same network as the image proxy, and a storage-thingy that some members would (hopefully) choose to run on a volunteer-basis.

It just so happens that the way to comprehensively fix the Imgur problem also puts most of the pieces in place for an image-hosting solution that would be basically perfect for Bitcointalk:
~

Hmm interesting stuff, in terms of a full image-hosting solution, are you saying users would upload images to a 3rd party [p2p?] imagery DB that is delivering content based on a hash which is derived from the content of the image only?  And it would then provide them a [cai] code?  Or does the user somehow initiate the upload at the forum itself before it makes it to the storage/imagery DB-thingy?  It seems like this would effectively eliminate duplicates and re-used images that are identical but would normally still occupy resources... seems pretty interesting. Smiley

Would the storage nodes have actual file-based images or some sort of encrypted/compressed copy?

And in terms of previously uploaded imgur images, if the intent would be to ultimately replace those links entirely with [cai]'s, it might still be best to keep some way to reference the original imgur link, in some fashion, to provide verification on top of whatever independent method is used.

PowerGlove (OP)
hacker

View Profile
August 12, 2024, 03:42:46 AM
Merited by LoyceV (6), paid2 (2)

I detected a small bug that you might be interested in solving.
Yep. I know what you're referring to, and I get why you might consider that behavior to be a bug, but it's working as intended. I do agree that it's a little confusing for the highlighting to work with the "Last post" button but not with the "new" button (especially because, in some contexts, both those links involve a #new fragment, which is a detail that makes the explanation I gave Loyce at the bottom of this post less accurate than it could have been), but, all things considered, the changes that would be necessary to keep fully-precise first-unread-message IDs are a bit too involved to justify, I think.

Based on the conversation about the "new" and "latest post" button we found in the "watchlist".
A little unrelated to your suggestion, but, since vapourminer's post about the placement of the "new" button, I've been half-seriously thinking that it might actually make sense to just get rid of that button and then change the behavior of the "Last post" button to effectively cover both needs: I mean, how often do you need specifically to get to the last post in a topic, rather than the first unread post? (For guests, it would still always take you to the last post, but when you're signed-in it would take you to the first unread post if there is one, or the last post, otherwise.)

I don't know if this suggestion has already been made, if it's doable or not, anyway, I submit it thinking "we never know.." : (...)
I like your suggestion and your thoughts very much! I'll think about them carefully. In the meantime, here are some thoughts that maybe you'll find interesting:

(*) There's already something (a little) related to this on my to-do list: Exporting PMs. With that one, at least some of the thinking is similar to yours, in that it would be easy for people to then once-in-a-while "delete" their PMs (after downloading a copy of them that they could manage locally, by importing them into Thunderbird, or something).

(*) I'm sure I've bumped into some form of the following idea a few times, but, I've been thinking for a while now about a way to embed easy-to-use client-side encryption/decryption into the PM system. The version of this idea that exists in my head would be almost entirely client-side (in JavaScript, or at least, something that compiles to JavaScript) and would only involve a small server-side change to facilitate staking and looking-up public keys. I think more people would get into encrypting their PMs if the forum had a worked-out way to do that without expecting people to learn and then manually use PGP. (Another reason I think it would be wise for more people to encrypt their PMs is that Cloudflare can, in principle, see and save everything coming to/from your browser.)

(*) Something a little less related to this (but still relevant) is that I think a built-in chat feature would be a really nice addition to Bitcointalk (the relevant idea being that anything that happens in chat wouldn't be long-term stored/persisted). I don't think I've shared this publicly, but, I had something really cool in mind for April Fools this year that I wasn't able to finish in time. I basically spent half of February and most of March programming my balls off, and having/ignoring little anxiety attacks, before giving up right at the end (in hindsight, I had a lot of IRL stuff happening at the time, so it was stupid of me to bite off more than I could chew by taking on a time-sensitive project, but, yeah, the whole experience was pretty humbling: I haven't had to eat crow like that in something like 20 years). Anyway, necessity is the mother of invention, as they say, and while the walls were closing in on that project, I came up with a really clever programming technique/abstraction that makes adding certain kinds of features to SMF much, much easier. With that in mind, I think adding a native, no-signup-required, encrypted/ephemeral chat feature where people could establish public (or private) "rooms" to have genuine (unincentivized, unlike a lot of posting) and short-feedback-loop conversations would be very feasible (and seriously cool).

For privacy, it doesn't help if the user has email notification for PMs.
That's a good point! Taking a quick look at the code, I think it would be pretty easy to improve this, maybe something like:

(I think either "Never" or "Always (subject only)" would make a better default for newly-registered accounts than "Always (with message)".)

Hmm interesting stuff, in terms of a full image-hosting solution, are you saying users would upload images to a 3rd party [p2p?] imagery DB that is delivering content based on a hash which is derived from the content of the image only?
That's right.

And it would then provide them a [cai] code?
Yes.

Or does the user somehow initiate the upload at the forum itself before it makes it to the storage/imagery DB-thingy?
That's how I'd like it to work. But, for every 100 hours of energy I have for programming, I have like 6.5 seconds of energy for legal research, so I haven't looked into the ramifications: If it turns out that divorcing the forum itself from storing the images isn't enough to legally absolve it, and that technically involving it with even just the uploading process would still expose it to some amount of legal risk (I'm hoping that that's not the case, but, it certainly sounds like the kind of tiresome bullshit that some asshat might have dreamed up), then, it wouldn't be able to work that way (in that case, it would have to work more like a traditional image-hosting solution in terms of how the images are uploaded, and some nice technical advantages would disappear, but the most important ones would remain).

It seems like this would effectively eliminate duplicates and re-used images that are identical but would normally still occupy resources... seems pretty interesting. Smiley
Yup. Wink

(You can even de-duplicate similar images, by defining the hashing to happen over something other than the raw bytes, like, say, over the image data after it's been moved into a consistent colorspace and simplified in various ways. But, I'm unlikely to pursue that. Fun to think about, though.)

Would the storage nodes have actual file-based images or some sort of encrypted/compressed copy?
I'm not sure yet. Probably I'll explore a few different approaches. From experience, I know which approach I'll try first (something amalgamated, to uncouple performance from the file system and have finer control over reads/writes).

And in terms of previously uploaded imgur images, if the intent would be to ultimately replace those links entirely with [cai]'s, it might still be best to keep some way to reference the original imgur link, in some fashion, to provide verification on top of whatever independent method is used.
Agreed.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2024, 07:18:52 AM

(*) I'm sure I've bumped into some form of the following idea a few times, but, I've been thinking for a while now about a way to embed easy-to-use client-side encryption/decryption into the PM system.
I'd love to see that implemented!

I think adding a native, no-signup-required, encrypted/ephemeral chat feature where people could establish public (or private) "rooms" to have genuine (unincentivized, unlike a lot of posting) and short-feedback-loop conversations would be very feasible (and seriously cool).
That would be a great replacement for all the people who ask me to use Discord or Telegram.

(I think either "Never" or "Always (subject only)" would make a better default for newly-registered accounts than "Always (with message)".)
I don't know what the current default is, but if a user doesn't log again in after creating an account, a PM notification would be the only way to reach him.

(You can even de-duplicate similar images, by defining the hashing to happen over something other than the raw bytes, like, say, over the image data after it's been moved into a consistent colorspace and simplified in various ways. But, I'm unlikely to pursue that. Fun to think about, though.)
Inaccurate solution: create a thumbnail with fixed width, subtract the images. If the resulting image is 99% black, they're probably similar. But this requires far too many checks for large numbers of images.

LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2024, 06:10:10 PM

Here's an idea: if a topic only has a new post from a user on my Ignore list (I'm talking about you ChartBuddy), it shouldn't show up on my Watchlist.

Jewan420

Activity: 168
Merit: 91

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2024, 07:02:14 PM

I don't know how acceptable it will be. It would be nice to have an option, where the list of all forum members (who have not been banned) will be together. From here we can easily find a member.

[   P r e d X   ]          Multichains Prediction Market Powered by AI
/●  Politics    /●  Crypto    /●  Sports    /●  Stocks    /●  AI    /●  Others
███████████████     P L A Y   N O W     ███████████████
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2024, 08:47:50 PM

the list of all forum members (who have not been banned)
The forum won't tell you that. Best I can do: combine all usernames with banned users.

bitmover
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 6174

Crypto Swap Exchange🈺

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2024, 09:11:07 PM
Merited by PowerGlove (1)

When I visit a board such as Games and rounds I would like to know which topics are really new to me and which only has new messages.

More specifically,  I would like to know which  topics I have already posted and which I didn't. All of them have the **new** badge so i have to manually open all of them... eve  if I have already posted in about 3-4

███████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████

███████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
▄▀▀░▄██▀░▀██▄░▀▀▄
▄▀░▐▀▄░▀░░▀░░▀░▄▀▌░▀▄
▄▀▄█▐░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀░▌█▄▀▄
▄▀░▀░░█░▄███████▄░█░░▀░▀▄
█░█░▀░█████████████░▀░█░█
█░██░▀█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀█▀░██░█
█░█▀██░█▀▀██▀▀█░██▀█░█
▀▄▀██░░░▀▀▄▌▐▄▀▀░░░██▀▄▀
▀▄▀██░░▄░▀▄█▄▀░▄░░██▀▄▀
▀▄░▀█░▄▄▄░▀░▄▄▄░█▀░▄▀
▀▄▄▀▀███▄███▀▀▄▄▀
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
PowerGlove (OP)
hacker

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 10:51:37 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4), bitmover (3)

More specifically, I would like to know which topics I have already posted and which I didn't.
That's what that "little face" being present in the left-most icon means (that you've posted in that topic before):

(In an upcoming patch, I'm considering making those face-containing icons clickable: The idea would be that when you click on it, it would open the topic, but with just your posts visible, so that you can easily see the things you've already said in that topic. Seems like an odd feature on its own, but, it's part of a bigger patch to allow quickly seeing only the posts within a topic by a specific author.)
NotATether
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 7154

In memory of o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
Today at 06:20:51 AM

(In an upcoming patch, I'm considering making those face-containing icons clickable: The idea would be that when you click on it, it would open the topic, but with just your posts visible, so that you can easily see the things you've already said in that topic. Seems like an odd feature on its own, but, it's part of a bigger patch to allow quickly seeing only the posts within a topic by a specific author.)

I don't really see the benefit of doing that to be honest, unless you will be able to access this from the "Show latest posts from this user" page.

Maybe it's because I almost never check my updated topics for new replies, but what I have always found odd is that those icons with faces on them only go up to three pages for signifying that this topic has three or more pages.

LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
Today at 06:42:34 AM

That's what that "little face" being present in the left-most icon means (that you've posted in that topic before)
I learned something today Smiley I really, really hate the trend of having to guess the meaning of icons (and that's a lot worse on any "modern" website than it is on Bitcointalk.

(In an upcoming patch, I'm considering making those face-containing icons clickable: The idea would be that when you click on it, it would open the topic, but with just your posts visible, so that you can easily see the things you've already said in that topic.
Will that also work on very long topics?

NotATether
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 7154

In memory of o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
Today at 07:01:44 AM

(In an upcoming patch, I'm considering making those face-containing icons clickable: The idea would be that when you click on it, it would open the topic, but with just your posts visible, so that you can easily see the things you've already said in that topic.
Will that also work on very long topics?

Now that I think about it, the Wall Observer topic with ChartBuddy's posts could be a good way to performance-test the new patch.

Or perhaps the Mempool Observer topic but with FeeBuddy if you guys want something smaller to test with.

I can also think of about half a dozen other topics that have a large volume of posts for a single person. (About half of them are created by you by the way.)

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: