Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 03:20:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin be affected if the internet gets disrupted?  (Read 639 times)
arwin100

Activity: 2842
Merit: 831

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2024, 11:03:37 AM

Trust me, the internet is never going down (permanently). There might be some minor disruptions, but the world is beyond interconnected at this point.

Yes its never going to happen especially that internet is very important on each country since to many things will be lost if this incident will happen so for sure government also avoid to make this incident to happen.

But if there is a political crisis like civil war or anything related to that situations or also natural phenomenon like solar storm which has been tackled up since it can disrupt the internet and other services this incident will happen.

Although those things is far to happen especially that we are now in modern ages and anything issue provably can be avoided. But one thing is for sure there bitcoin will remain, but for its value if those cases happen I guess that is the questionable matter.

Fara Chan

Activity: 1414
Merit: 579

View Profile
July 30, 2024, 11:24:26 AM

Trust me, the internet is never going down (permanently). There might be some minor disruptions, but the world is beyond interconnected at this point.
We also can't be sure because the internet satellites in space and the internet cables in the ocean can still be damaged by things we don't expect, although it might take a long time to see them damaged. I believe the world is already interconnected today with various technologies that have been discovered and developed so well, but minor disruptions that can cause too big an effect on the internet still have the possibility to happen. So the best option to not be disturbed by it is to start looking for solutions to anticipate it from the start.
HelliumZ

Activity: 434
Merit: 226

View Profile
July 30, 2024, 11:38:23 AM

We also can't be sure because the internet satellites in space and the internet cables in the ocean can still be damaged by things we don't expect, although it might take a long time to see them damaged. I believe the world is already interconnected today with various technologies that have been discovered and developed so well, but minor disruptions that can cause too big an effect on the internet still have the possibility to happen. So the best option to not be disturbed by it is to start looking for solutions to anticipate it from the start.
I cannot express in my own words how it is going without internet for ten days today. Not due to any natural calamity but due to the revenge of the government, WiFi and mobile networks have been shut down for ten days today. Using a VPN to access Bitcoin forums is absolutely necessary. Also we are having a hard time doing bitcoin transactions and buying and selling. In this situation I realized one thing that no matter how much technology is developed in the world without internet system we cannot spend even a single day.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: