Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:36:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin or Darkcoin, which one to mine?  (Read 5200 times)
IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:03:43 AM

I'm leaning towards Darkcoin for my next coin to mine, I think it's enhanced anonymity and ASIC resistance will make it far more lucrative in the long run.

Darkcoin was 0.000% PREMINED.

I looked at mining it, but it's clearly not profitable to mine it because it's been mostly premined

I will politely disagree: Darkcoin was pre-announced and fair-launched, and everybody had a chance to mine on day 1. A sizeable chunk of DRK was mined on day 1, but that's not at all the same as a premine, and to claim otherwise is BS sophistry. There is a meaningful distinction between premining and a pre-announced fair launch.

In any case, I'm sure the devs got a fair chunk of the day 1 coins, which I see as a GOOD thing because it means they are financially invested in making the coin succeed.

That aside -- if the day 1 mining rate is the only complaint you have against Darkcoin, then that's not too shabby. No coin is 100% perfect.

Regarding profitability, if you do the math taking into account the differences in X11 hashrate and the ~40% lower power draw, you'll find it's about on par with scrypt profitability, if not better.

When the coin is designed to yield a huge instamine that is exactly like a premine.

If darkcoin had had constant block size as they are now there would only been 776,525 coins. But the total coins is actually 3,829,439. That mean that of all the existing darkcoins 79,9% is instamined. And after what i have read they are going to reduce max coins to 22 million. That mean that darkcoin in reality got an instamine of 13,8%.

The fact that it is designed that way and that "everyone" could have mined it don't matter. It is designed as a scam, and a get rich quick scheme. Very good branding, but technically flawed. There is no doubt that this is a scam.
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:07:38 AM

1. Anonymous : BS, it is just bitcoin + coinjoin
2. ASIC resistant : BS, X11 are not ASIC resistant at all, even the Darkcoin dev said so
3. No premine : BS, Actually is instamine  13.8%. take a look at below

#1: It is NOT just coinjoin + bitcoin, it was completely written from scratch.

#2: The dev DOES say its ASIC resistant, its going to be difficult to product an ASIC for X11, but eventually it will be done.

#3: There was NO premine, it was announced when mining would start and there were quite a few miners, you can look at the largest wallets at the new block explorer: http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/  and click on "Rich List" the largest wallet is holding ~144kDRK. Not to say that someone COULD have mutiple wallets. But the percentage for the coins are about the same at bitcoin or litecoin as far as who has the most coins.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
InternetApe

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:08:40 AM

I'm leaning towards Darkcoin for my next coin to mine, I think it's enhanced anonymity and ASIC resistance will make it far more lucrative in the long run.

Darkcoin was 0.000% PREMINED.

I looked at mining it, but it's clearly not profitable to mine it because it's been mostly premined

I will politely disagree: Darkcoin was pre-announced and fair-launched, and everybody had a chance to mine on day 1. A sizeable chunk of DRK was mined on day 1, but that's not at all the same as a premine, and to claim otherwise is BS sophistry. There is a meaningful distinction between premining and a pre-announced fair launch.

In any case, I'm sure the devs got a fair chunk of the day 1 coins, which I see as a GOOD thing because it means they are financially invested in making the coin succeed.

That aside -- if the day 1 mining rate is the only complaint you have against Darkcoin, then that's not too shabby. No coin is 100% perfect.

Regarding profitability, if you do the math taking into account the differences in X11 hashrate and the ~40% lower power draw, you'll find it's about on par with scrypt profitability, if not better.

When the coin is designed to yield a huge instamine that is exactly like a premine.

If darkcoin had had constant block size as they are now there would only been 776,525 coins. But the total coins is actually 3,829,439. That mean that of all the existing darkcoins 79,9% is instamined. And after what i have read they are going to reduce max coins to 22 million. That mean that darkcoin in reality got an instamine of 13,8%.

The fact that it is designed that way and that "everyone" could have mined it don't matter. It is designed as a scam, and a get rich quick scheme. Very good branding, but technically flawed. There is no doubt that this is a scam.

That is not a hard limit, the limit is based on projected hashrates.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
IloveAnonCoin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:09:06 AM

Thank you for pointing to mine profile, after you read my post, you will know about X11, Anonymous, and Instamine.

Yup. Thank for you constantly trying to bring attention to Darkcoin Smiley

Despite your nick, we know Anoncoin is a good coin and you are falsely trying to bring disrepute to it. You most likely do not even have any Anoncoins. Keep trying to make yourself like an asshole and continue to bring up Darkcoin threads and constantly remind people of the great changes it is bringing in the crypto scene and helping other coins to develop as well.

You will see the Anoncoin price after implementing Zerocoin, I think may be next month it will release. I think it will go up to 0.008 - 0.01 BTC.
Btw, good luck with your fake anonymous/fake ASIC resistance/instamine coin Smiley
You are the worst fanboy ever.

You are reading too much. He has zero Anoncoins. I don't think Anoncoin guys give two hoots about this moron. Most likely an alt nick who failed to rile up in the Darkcoin thread and is trying here.

Zero posts in Anoncoin thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=276866;sa=showPosts;start=0

Check his posts. 24 odd posts all riled up anger against Evan or someone who pissed him off in the Darkcoin thread.

Result:
More people getting interested in x11 loving the cool temps and saving 50% electricity.
More coins converting to x11 (or other GPU friendly algos)
More coins adopting DGW

You won't be able to stop this guy though Wink Just laugh at him and move on.

Result:
More people know X11 is not ASIC resistant, and the dev also know that
More people know Dark does not do anything new, just Bitcoin + Coinjoin, which Bitcoin decided not to use it.
More people know how Dark does instamine

I won't be able to stop you though Wink Just laugh at you and move on. lol
InternetApe

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:11:36 AM

A "PREMINE" means that the developers mined coins before it was available to the public, because it was expected to be a pump and dump.

You can tell with how the coin is pretty much the only coin to hold value DRK/BTC. If someone had that many coins they would have already dumped and made LOTS of money.

You know your doing something correct when the TROLLS show up!!!

IloveAnonCoin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:14:29 AM

A "PREMINE" means that the developers mined coins before it was available to the public, because it was expected to be a pump and dump.

You can tell with how the coin is pretty much the only coin to hold value DRK/BTC. If someone had that many coins they would have already dumped and made LOTS of money.

Do you know "instamine" is not the same as "PREMINE" right ?
Do you know the dev said in here http://altcoins.com/drk-darkcoin-cpu-anonymous-coin.html

Darkcoin specifications
Super secure hashing algorithm: 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo)
Block reward is controlled by moore’s law: (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2))
CPU only mining
Block generation: 2.5 minutes
Difficulty Retargets every 576 blocks
84 Million Coins Max
Block reward halving every 2 years
Encrypted transaction network: Still In Progress
Anonymous blockchain using coinjoin technology: Still In Progress

Do you know x11 is not ASIC resistant, the dev also said right ?

X11 and SHA3 ( Keccak ) are not ASIC resistant at all, according to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), if you want to become SHA3 candidate, you need to be able to create by ASIC. AND every algorithms in X11 used to be SHA3 candidate until Keccak win the competition and become SHA3.

Here is the paper : http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/papers/SCHAUMONT_SHA3.pdf

The whole point of X11 is to try and get the same network growth cycle as Bitcoin. Once Darkcoin is worth enough, people will invest the capital to create the ASICs. I never really had an issue with that, in fact that was the point of creating a new hashing algorithm, I think it will be healthy in the end to move to ASICs.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:15:53 AM

Yup exactly. Loving this trollboy. MOARRRR
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:17:13 AM

Do you know "instamine" is not the same as "PREMINE" right ?
Do you know the dev said in here http://altcoins.com/drk-darkcoin-cpu-anonymous-coin.html

Darkcoin specifications
Super secure hashing algorithm: 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo)
Block reward is controlled by moore’s law: (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2))
CPU only mining
Block generation: 2.5 minutes
Difficulty Retargets every 576 blocks
84 Million Coins Max
Block reward halving every 2 years
Encrypted transaction network: Still In Progress
Anonymous blockchain using coinjoin technology: Still In Progress

Do you know x11 is not ASIC resistant, the dev also said right ?

X11 and SHA3 ( Keccak ) are not ASIC resistant at all, according to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), if you want to become SHA3 candidate, you need to be able to create by ASIC. AND every algorithms in X11 used to be SHA3 candidate until Keccak win the competition and become SHA3.

Here is the paper : http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/papers/SCHAUMONT_SHA3.pdf

The whole point of X11 is to try and get the same network growth cycle as Bitcoin. Once Darkcoin is worth enough, people will invest the capital to create the ASICs. I never really had an issue with that, in fact that was the point of creating a new hashing algorithm, I think it will be healthy in the end to move to ASICs.
anoncoin isnt asic resistant
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:17:17 AM

+1

And create new accounts just to try to undermine a coin.
InternetApe

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:18:00 AM

You CAN actually send anonymous darkcoin NOW, using the beta wallet. Still doing upgrades but it is functional NOW!

IloveAnonCoin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:20:12 AM

You CAN actually send anonymous darkcoin NOW, using the beta wallet. Still doing upgrades but it is functional NOW!

Let's me clear this first, you said "It is NOT just coinjoin + bitcoin" >>>> but your dev said "Anonymous blockchain using coinjoin technology: Still In Progress" so ??
IloveAnonCoin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:22:42 AM

Second, Do you know "instamine" is not the same as "PREMINE" right ?
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:23:04 AM

Let's me clear this first, you said "It is NOT just coinjoin + bitcoin" >>>> but your dev said "Anonymous blockchain using coinjoin technology: Still In Progress" so ??

anoncoin is exploitable! KGW
InternetApe

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:23:34 AM

Yes, you are correct.

Its says using Coin Join technology, but that doesnt mean that ALL it is. And YES its still in progress, BUT you CAN use it now, there have been quite a few people that have tested it on the mainnet and it works great, but he wants it complete before it comes out of beta.

tifozi

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:23:55 AM

IloveAnonCoin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:25:29 AM

Third,
Do you know x11 is not ASIC resistant, the dev also said right >>>
Quote from: eduffield on March 27, 2014, 05:30:54 PM
tifozi

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:29:11 AM

I POST STUPID POSTS IN RED AND I LIKE IT

Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:29:19 AM

You know there are wonderful things you can do with a brain : use a technology, develop it further, be inspired by it. That does not mean that the final product is the same.
InternetApe

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:32:26 AM

Third,
Do you know x11 is not ASIC resistant, the dev also said right >>>
Quote from: eduffield on March 27, 2014, 05:30:54 PM

Again you are correct!

If X11 becomes big enough someone will eventually spend the money, ALOT OF IT, to develop an ASIC. But you cannot take any existing ASIC or any ASIC currently in development that can do X11. Its ASIC resistant to the point where you cant just create one chip to for each of the 11 algorithms like the current ones available, so its going to be 11 times harder than what is currently available. So it IS resistant as it will most likely be harder to create an ASIC.

The developer ALSO completely rewritten KGW to create a new system DarkGravityWave that reduces/eliminates several exploits that KGW is susceptible to, and made it open source for any other coin to use.

IloveAnonCoin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:35:10 AM

You know there are wonderful things you can do with a brain : use a technology, develop it further, be inspired by it. That does not mean that the final product is the same.

Haha, I know, at least, you know it has idea from CoinJoin which has flaw in the design.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: