Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 06:19:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Nano3 FAQ  (Read 184 times)
Canaan Online Shop (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 15

Avalon Miner

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2024, 05:58:00 AM
Merited by NotFuzzyWarm (2), philipma1957 (1)

Dear all
If you have questions related to Nano3, you can share them here.  We will collect questions and provide timely feedback to our team.
Thank you for your support.

May the love & faith fill your heart and the mining of bitcoin fill your wallet.
ya5on

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2024, 10:29:41 AM

WON'T RECONNECT TO LAST USED NET

After disconnect for whatever reason I'm forced to always having to do 'Initial setup procedure all over again (ie. Connecting to net: avalon_nano_AF51 > browser 192.168.168.168 > Chose Wifi > PW > [Connect])'
so that regardless if I chose manual reboot or switching on/off the AN3 just won't reconnect to the previous setup network. Diagnoses or suggestion appreciated.

• DHCP = Static IP
  • Firmware Version24071801_42c628d

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 2667

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 03, 2024, 03:56:55 PM

WON'T RECONNECT TO LAST USED NET

After disconnect for whatever reason I'm forced to always having to do 'Initial setup procedure all over again (ie. Connecting to net: avalon_nano_AF51 > browser 192.168.168.168 > Chose Wifi > PW > [Connect])'
so that regardless if I chose manual reboot or switching on/off the AN3 just won't reconnect to the previous setup network. Diagnoses or suggestion appreciated.
  • DHCP = Static IP
  • Firmware Version24071801_42c628d
@OP - good to see Canaan started a support thread for the Nano & Merit given for it.
Here is link to quoted issue that the author started earlier.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Canaan Online Shop (OP)

Avalon Miner

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2024, 03:35:05 AM

@OP - good to see Canaan started a support thread for the Nano & Merit given for it.
Here is link to quoted issue that the author started earlier.
[/quote]

Thank you for being so supportive, we are always here to support our customers Smiley Please let us know if you have any questions related to Avalon Nano3 Smiley

May the love & faith fill your heart and the mining of bitcoin fill your wallet.
ya5on

View Profile
September 04, 2024, 08:17:07 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2024, 06:32:17 PM by ya5on

Dear all
If you have questions related to Nano3, you can share them here.  We will collect questions and provide timely feedback to our team.
Thank you for your support.

TO: Canaan Online Shop

Please advice a link the official links to firmware and supportfiles for the Avalon Nano 3

(REQUEST: Firmware old+new)
(REQUEST: AvalonNano3_Recovery_Tool)

Sledge0001

Activity: 619
Merit: 157

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2024, 05:09:24 PM

One of my brand new out of the box Nano 3's won't run on high even with Canaan factory PSU.   Cry

Switched PSU's with one of the others yielded the same result. It's not the PSU so it must be something else in the hardware.

It does run on medium all day and night however...

Getting support is a pain: You need an English chat support feature from your support portal. Telegram is littered with scammers and has become unusable for me personally.

In any event there is a bug in the latest firmware 24071801_42c628d.  Which you can only get via the Avalon Remote app which is meh...

The firmware version 24071801_42c628d retains pre-configured passwords, settings and all pool configuration data when factory resetting through the web ui.

Agree 100% with what was stated above all the tools and firmware versions really need to be placed in the support portal on the Canaan website...

S19J PRO 104TH, S19 PRO 110TH & S19 XP 141TH ASIC MINERS FOR SALE IN CONUS!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5505774.0
Canaan Online Shop (OP)

Avalon Miner

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2024, 09:37:16 AM

Agree 100% with what was stated above all the tools and firmware versions really need to be placed in the support portal on the Canaan website...

Hello, pls check it out on our official website. https://www.canaan.io/supports/file_download
The one issued on Aug 6th is the latest version, kindly note.

ya5on

View Profile
September 08, 2024, 06:39:28 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2024, 12:42:34 PM by ya5on

One of my brand new out of the box Nano 3's won't run on high even with Canaan factory PSU.   Cry

Switched PSU's with one of the others yielded the same result. It's not the PSU so it must be something else in the hardware.

I found that sometimes AN3 just won't let itself set to 'High' even after running om 'high' for a while it turns out it has suddenly has thrown itself offline I then notice it's mining on 'Low' ...
If that's the case (ie. AN3 going by itself form 'High' to 'Low') there's no way to get it back to 'High' but to either pull powercord **) or using  'AvalonNano3RecoveryPackage' complete reset to get it to go to 'High.'

For me the Avalon Nano 3 is a very unstable device: Besides from random disconnects the biggest issue is that:

Avalon Nano 3 always refuses to reconnect to last configured wifi after reboot (w/static IP)

It's been "a battle" using the AN3 since I got it about a week ago, somehow the FW seems very unstable:

• AN3 logs off intermittently /throwing itself 'off' the net for whatever reason where reboot/power off is only option.
  • Now also fan spinning out of control https://ibb.co/kGyhwKT
  • After reboot I'm forced to go through initial wifi-setup to be able to resume mining

Text:
The worst thing is the pain that comes with the fact that every change in setup needs a reboot. BUT, doing a reboot the AN3 then demands that I go through 'First time setup'  again - every time!!!  - because it can't re-connect to same net previous setup by me Shocked  
Even after no errors when just turning it 'Off' the Avalon Nano 3 refuses to connect to last used network by itself after reboot. No way, never done it even once!
But at same time the AN3 can run for +18 to 24 hrs without any errors (aot this tells me it's not the PU (USAMS 140W USB-C 3.1) causing errors) Temp is 50/90 *C =pretty normal

(**: which leads to having to go through setup again because it't won't reconnect back to previous setup wifi

Canaan Online Shop (OP)

Avalon Miner

View Profile WWW
Today at 02:00:54 AM

One of my brand new out of the box Nano 3's won't run on high even with Canaan factory PSU.   Cry

I found that sometimes AN3 just won't let itself set to 'High' even after running om 'high' for a while it turns out it has suddenly has thrown itself offline I then notice it's mining on 'Low' ...
If that's the case (ie. AN3 going by itself form 'High' to 'Low') there's no way to get it back to 'High' but to either pull powercord **) or using  'AvalonNano3RecoveryPackage' complete reset to get it to go to 'High.'

For me the Avalon Nano 3 is a very unstable device: Besides from random disconnects the biggest issue is that:

Avalon Nano 3 always refuses to reconnect to last configured wifi after reboot (w/static IP)

It's been "a battle" using the AN3 since I got it about a week ago, somehow the FW seems very unstable:

• AN3 logs off intermittently /throwing itself 'off' the net for whatever reason where reboot/power off is only option.
  • Now also fan spinning out of control
  • After reboot I'm forced to go through initial wifi-setup to be able to resume mining

Text:
The worst thing is the pain that comes with the fact that every change in setup needs a reboot. BUT, doing a reboot the AN3 then demands that I go through 'First time setup'  again - every time!!!  - because it can't re-connect to same net previous setup by me Shocked  
Even after no errors when just turning it 'Off' the Avalon Nano 3 refuses to connect to last used network by itself after reboot. No way, never done it even once!
But at same time the AN3 can run for +18 to 24 hrs without any errors (aot this tells me it's not the PU (USAMS 140W USB-C 3.1) causing errors) Temp is 50/90 *C =pretty normal

(**: which leads to having to go through setup again because it't won't reconnect back to previous setup wifi

Thank you for your feedback and we will forward it to our tech team and get back to you with the solution.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: