Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:37:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: a world witout money not even bitcoin  (Read 1776 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:12:49 AM

Is hard to imagine a world without money since from 12,000 B.C people are using it.

Even today, there are several isolated tribal societies who don't use any type of money / barter. But do we want to live like them?
jollyriffic

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:10:51 AM

without money, you could end up starving to death.
think of it this way.
if you removed all forms of money you're left with trading goods and services for the things you need.
now what you'd have to do is keep swapping locally one good to get another good that you need.
money removes all that senseless swapping and says "here is something that you can trade for any item".
it turns a long process into a simple and easy one.

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:36:26 AM

without money, you could end up starving to death.
think of it this way.
if you removed all forms of money you're left with trading goods and services for the things you need.
now what you'd have to do is keep swapping locally one good to get another good that you need.
money removes all that senseless swapping and says "here is something that you can trade for any item".
it turns a long process into a simple and easy one.

+1
And imagine you're working for a car company. How will they pay you? They'll give you a car every year? Or perhaps a windshied per day?
A world without money makes no sense, unless you want to go back to antiquity.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:47:12 AM

We have a society built around greed.  People think "what can I do to make the most money?"

Money facilitates greed.  It's sole purpose is to divide materials into yours and mine.

We can build a world that revolves around love.  People would then think "what can I do to help the most people?"

Once that happens, people would share things.  When people share things you are exchanging an item for energy.  When you receive something, you may feel burdened by possessing goods from other people or earth, so it's in your best interest to receive as little as you need to be as happy as you can.

When you give things away, you receive positive energy, peace, happiness.  If you help a lot of people, you will feel pretty satisfied about what you had done.

What would then happen is the entire world would become a more positive place.  We would all build off each other's positivity and, with time, would experience world peace.

So long as money exists, greed will taint the minds of those who seek to manipulate other's with corruption.  World peace is not achievable with a monetary system in place.

Technology would evolve exponentially.  Instead of companies seeking to extract the most money for the least amount of efficacy or upgrades, they would be completely devoted to helping create the most revolutionary products with no concern if it's a profitable venture or not.

Like minded individuals would work together, in unison, for the betterment of mankind.  Our entire planet would work as the one being we are and we would experience the largest evolutionary leap man has yet to see.

All it takes is love.  Love is free, abundant and ultimately, infinite.  There is energy for all and there is no limit on how much peace you can feel.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:49:38 AM

We have a society built around greed.  People think "what can I do to make the most money?"

Money facilitates greed.  It's sole purpose is to divide materials into yours and mine.

We can build a world that revolves around love.  People would then think "what can I do to help the most people?"

Once that happens, people would share things.  When people share things you are exchanging an item for energy.  When you receive something, you may feel burdened by possessing goods from other people or earth, so it's in your best interest to receive as little as you need to be as happy as you can.

When you give things away, you receive positive energy, peace, happiness.  If you help a lot of people, you will feel pretty satisfied about what you had done.

What would then happen is the entire world would become a more positive place.  We would all build off each other's positivity and, with time, would experience world peace.

So long as money exists, greed will taint the minds of those who seek to manipulate other's with corruption.  World peace is not achievable with a monetary system in place.

Technology would evolve exponentially.  Instead of companies seeking to extract the most money for the least amount of efficacy or upgrades, they would be completely devoted to helping create the most revolutionary products with no concern if it's a profitable venture or not.

Like minded individuals would work together, in unison, for the betterment of mankind.  Our entire planet would work as the one being we are and we would experience the largest evolutionary leap man has yet to see.

All it takes is love.  Love is free, abundant and ultimately, infinite.  There is energy for all and there is no limit on how much peace you can feel.

Of course you would want debt cancelled.  You owe Squall thousands of dollars, and you are not making regular payments.  Scammer.  Sad

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:54:13 AM

Ha, how did I know you would post instantaneously?

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:57:12 AM

Ha, how did I know you would post instantaneously?

Because you scam for a living, and have noticed a pattern?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
lynn_402

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:04:40 AM

We have a society built around greed.  People think "what can I do to make the most money?"

Money facilitates greed.  It's sole purpose is to divide materials into yours and mine.

We can build a world that revolves around love.  People would then think "what can I do to help the most people?"

Once that happens, people would share things.  When people share things you are exchanging an item for energy.  When you receive something, you may feel burdened by possessing goods from other people or earth, so it's in your best interest to receive as little as you need to be as happy as you can.

When you give things away, you receive positive energy, peace, happiness.  If you help a lot of people, you will feel pretty satisfied about what you had done.

What would then happen is the entire world would become a more positive place.  We would all build off each other's positivity and, with time, would experience world peace.

So long as money exists, greed will taint the minds of those who seek to manipulate other's with corruption.  World peace is not achievable with a monetary system in place.

Technology would evolve exponentially.  Instead of companies seeking to extract the most money for the least amount of efficacy or upgrades, they would be completely devoted to helping create the most revolutionary products with no concern if it's a profitable venture or not.

Like minded individuals would work together, in unison, for the betterment of mankind.  Our entire planet would work as the one being we are and we would experience the largest evolutionary leap man has yet to see.

All it takes is love.  Love is free, abundant and ultimately, infinite.  There is energy for all and there is no limit on how much peace you can feel.

Money does not make love impossible. Money trains people to love value, and some humans are worth more than others.
I totally disagree that a society where everybody loves everybody would be positive, because giving undeserved love encourages mediocrity. You have to work for it, to be loved, or why work at all? That mentality transform people with potential into worthless slugs.

Technology would evolve exponentially? I doubt this. What would be the incencitive? In your society, when people will see that there's a great mind who's able to create a great technology, they'll use him as a sacrificial animal to build them the things that they need but do not deserve. And with time, this mind will become dull and will be closed to the world. Great minds deserve great rewards, hence the use of money. Ever heard of a great technology that began in a communist country?

Love is a noble ideal, and I feel great love for all animals, for the universe as a whole, for science, but it's impossible to love all humans. Since we are of the same species, preferences are inevitable, and these preferences are in line with our internal sense of value. Giving value, on the form of love, to someone who has not deserved it by giving us a value we recognize, is nothing less than fraud to the most important part of our inner being.

I believe world peace is possible, but only in a world where people's sense of value is not corrupted by a society, like that which you describe, that favours a kind of love that's given even to human beings that are worthless to our happiness.

And I'll finish by saying that greed is not inherently bad. There's nothing wrong with having wealth that you deserved because you created a product, a service, that is valuable to people, that is valuable because it gives happiness to them.

P.S. Sorry if it sounded like an attack to your ideal; it is not, your opinion is quite noble and has value too.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:15:58 AM

How can a loving society not be positive when the very essence of love is positivity?

Everyone deserves love.  If they cannot love theirself, including others, then they are deciding their own fate.

We are one being, we are a family.  A family should love, trust and work in unison, not against each other.  Otherwise, is it really a family?

it's impossible to love all humans

I love all humans.

"With the power of soul, anything is possible" Jimi Hendrix

World peace requires unity.  Money's very purpose is to divide things.

Money does not make the world go round, we do.  Society could be the exact same without money, except without tyrannical governments and corrupt financial institutions, bribery, war, poverty, all which become meaningless without the motivation of greed.

We live in a world of fear when we can live in a world of love and peace, and that's nothing to fear.  Otherwise, we will be the cause of our own extinction.  We all have the choice to make.

lynn_402

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:24:25 AM

How can a loving society not be positive when the very essence of love is positivity?

Everyone deserves love.  If they cannot love theirself, including others, then they are deciding their own fate.

We are one being, we are a family.  A family should love, trust and work in unison, not against each other.  Otherwise, is it really a family?

it's impossible to love all humans

I love all humans.

"With the power of soul, anything is possible" Jimi Hendrix

World peace requires unity.  Money's very purpose is to divide things.

Money does not make the world go round, we do.  Society could be the exact same without money, except without tyrannical governments and corrupt financial institutions, bribery, war, poverty, all which become meaningless without the motivation of greed.

We live in a world of fear when we can live in a world of love and peace, and that's nothing to fear.  Otherwise, we will be the cause of our own extinction.  We all have the choice to make.

Money is not the element that makes us live in a world of fear. What does that is lack of self-love, and lack of love of life (I think we agree on that?). What's causing that pessimism has nothing to do with money, but by how society as a whole is treating human being as slaves. In a world with a free money that is controlled simply by traders interests (everyone is a trader), like Bitcoin, nobody would be a slave - everyone would control his money (rather than their government controlling it), therefore, their method of production, therefore, their self-worth. That would make people love themselves, and only when one loves one-self can he learn to truly love life and every other person who cherish life.

You say you love all human, but how can you love a person that does not love life, who has no passion, and therefore is not even a whole human being? I have trouble understanding that.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:36:12 AM

Bitcoin does not emancipate us from slavery.  It is still a greed based system where the people with the most bitcoins will have the most influence and thus the same thirst for power will repeat.

It definitely is a step in the right direction.  But it will not bring peace.  Even now, some of the richest bitcoiners are those who scammed them from others.  So why wouldn't they continue to do so?

Money is not the root of evil, it is our own ego that does so.  Money is simply a tool created by our ego to facilitate greed, inequality and separation.

You say you love all human, but how can you love a person that does not love life, who has no passion, and therefore is not even a whole human being? I have trouble understanding that.

I feel that we are all conscious beings.  Everyone is a good person deep down, everyone has love, has a consciousness, and that is why I love everyone.  We are all one.

You can't be negative forever in this world, it literraly kills you to do so and is the cause of your own destruction.  You can, however, be positive forever.  Positivity is limitless.  We can make it so everyone in this planet is feeling a rise of energy, love, at the same time.  When that happens there is no negativity to stop this planet ascending into a higher form of consciousness where people feel infinite peace.

I have felt infinite peace through an egodeath experience.  It is very much real and it is truly the greatest thing existence has to offer.  No amount of material wealth or control could ever amount to the infinite power of love.

lynn_402

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:52:54 AM

Bitcoin does not emancipate us from slavery.  It is still a greed based system where the people with the most bitcoins will have the most influence and thus the same thirst for power will repeat.

It definitely is a step in the right direction.  But it will not bring peace.  Even now, some of the richest bitcoiners are those who scammed them from others.  So why wouldn't they continue to do so?

Money is not the root of evil, it is our own ego that does so.  Money is simply a tool created by our ego to facilitate greed, inequality and separation.

I feel that we are all conscious beings.  Everyone is a good person deep down, everyone has love, has a consciousness, and that is why I love everyone.  We are all one.

You can't be negative forever in this world, it literraly kills you to do so and is the cause of your own destruction.  You can, however, be positive forever.  Positivity is limitless.  We can make it so everyone in this planet is feeling a rise of energy, love, at the same time.  When that happens there is no negativity to stop this planet ascending into a higher form of consciousness where people feel infinite peace.

I have felt infinite peace through an egodeath experience.  It is very much real and it is truly the greatest thing existence has to offer.  No amount of material wealth or control could ever amount to the infinite power of love.

Indeed, it's a real shame that so much Bitcoins are kept by worthless hackers.

Money is not the root of evil, it is our own ego that does so.
Glad you agree on this Smiley
I believe a system like that which you describe would work for a small group, where everyone that belongs in it adds value to the group, like the communes in the 60's. Why? It's because we are animals (and I don't mean this in a negative way). All animals live in relatively small groups, because the brain is not adapted to be able to recognize its affiliation with a huge number of individuals - about 100 at best. In a money-less society, there will always be a scum that will find a way to take control by brute force. In a small commune, this is not a problem since there won't be the mob-effect that will make people dumb enough to give that scum power in the first place, so your idea of an ideal society would work well for that. Money is a tool for human to live in bigger groups than this, because with it, everyone can have a concrete power to stay free from the power-hungry looters that have nothing to offer to society.

I agree that being always negative is evil, but so is being always positive. I believe in rationality and in the trust of one's inner values Smiley
I have felt infinite peace through an egodeath experience.  It is very much real and it is truly the greatest thing existence has to offer.  No amount of material wealth or control could ever amount to the infinite power of love.
This ego-death I have experienced too, though we seem to have interpreted it differently Smiley

Thanks for explaining your idea in many paragraphs. I hope mine were readable too, since english is not my primary language.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: