Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:15:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitaddress Bill Sized PDF  (Read 4841 times)
osmosis (OP)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 07:21:22 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 11:10:49 PM by osmosis

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 07:48:22 PM

Nice, it's looks like real paper money !
osmosis (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 08:11:48 PM

Here is another JS pdf library to consider that uses node.js, http://pdfkit.org/
pointbiz

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 11:34:11 PM

I worked with a CSS designer, and we came up with this first revision attempt.

http://bitcoin.stuffexists.com/test/bitaddress_mod.html

Ah very nice! Graphically pleasing and looks like a quality check.

Will the graphics be available for use on bitaddress.org ?

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
osmosis (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 12:58:23 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 11:10:56 PM by osmosis

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 01:51:28 AM

Bitaddress is user pointbiz, who just posted before you, so I imagine you're in luck in terms of contacting him.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 07:08:43 AM

Would it make sense to add a QR code with a bitcoin address for receiving change?

Currently using the bill to replace cash means that you either need to have the exact amount or else cash would be needed as well to supplement the payment amount or cash would need to be given as change.  With an exchange that floates, prices are probably not known until payment is made so the chances the buyer already has a paper bitcoin in the exact amount would be even more less-likely to occur.

If instead the paper bitcoin also had an address for receiving change, then the buyer could just carry a paper bitcoin(s) totaling at least the purchase price.

I see there is enough room in one of the unused corners for another QR code where the bitcoin address for the change could go.

The receiving address could even be a specially marked paper bitcoin, meant primarily for receiving change but could also be used for spending

Ughh ... this just makes the paper bitcoin even more complicated and not less so.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 07:20:08 AM

Would it make sense to add a QR code with a bitcoin address for receiving change?

Ughh ... this just makes the paper bitcoin even more complicated and not less so.

Nothing says the change can't go back to the same address.  Worst case is the machine that gave the change could steal it sometime later.  That risk could be offset by using only small bills.  The machine could offer the option of sending the change to a new address, or just leaving it behind on the same address.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
osmosis (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 08:11:11 AM

Currently using the bill to replace cash means that you either need to have the exact amount or else cash would be needed as well to supplement the payment amount or cash would need to be given as change.  With an exchange that floates, prices are probably not known until payment is made so the chances the buyer already has a paper bitcoin in the exact amount would be even more less-likely to occur.

I am looking at it more like a personal check. Once received, you hold it if you trust the person, or you deposit (redeem) it into your personal account.
Then throw the paper away.
daniel147

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:31:03 AM

Thanks for your sharing. Generating PDF document with a PDF add-on may be easier. Here is an example of generating, opening and saving PDF document.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:40:57 AM

For anyone immediately writing this off because it'd make their wallet look like their wife's purse (with a bunch of coupons and whatnot in the same compartment, which drives me nuts) - they do sell multi-currency wallets. They're generally listed as "double billfold wallets" for travelers and those in a country with multiple well-accepted currencies (more often, somewhere with a horrible national currency and then a slightly-less-horrible currency like USD). They're often outrageously expensive due to stupid, but you can find some decently-priced ones on Amazon.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: