Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:59:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Democrats, Republicans, and Libertarians  (Read 921 times)
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 06:24:38 PM

I have chosen the Libertarian ticket because I believe that Libertarian principals are essentially correct (especially in regard to the federal government), and it is by far the biggest and most organized of the third parties in the United States, making it the most viable party to launch competitive national level candidates.

Democratic Platform - Let's talk about what's good for everybody.
Republican Platform - You do what I tell you to do, because I know what's best.
Libertarian Platform - Screw you, I do what I want.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 06:32:50 PM

Democratic Platform - Screw you, you're not giving me my campaign money.
Republican Platform - Screw you, you're not giving me my campaign money.

ftfy

(BFL)^2 < 0
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 04:23:03 AM

I have chosen the Libertarian ticket because I believe that Libertarian principals are essentially correct (especially in regard to the federal government), and it is by far the biggest and most organized of the third parties in the United States, making it the most viable party to launch competitive national level candidates.

Anyone ever call you a troll?

Cuz uhh... your post here fits the definition to a T. At least according to what I've read: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

I don't understand. Please be more specific. Show me and the studio audience exactly what about my post you feel is it trolling and to whom you think it is specifically targeted, as per the definition you sullied proffered. For extra points, please add how you interpret the post.

In case you missed the irony of your comment, the sarcasm was not lost on either party.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 12:56:57 PM

I don't really want to bother with you but if you weren't being cynical* with a response like this, then I'm at a loss.

*cyn·i·cal/ˈsinikəl/
     Adjective: Believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.

And I didn't find anything else from your post to be worthy of merit or even discussion. I suppose you could say the same of mine, but at least I have a purpose other than "shitting on someone's parade".

Did you feel your post required interpretation? I didn't so I won't try.
I will not comment any further here on the Libertarian position. I'll let their track record speak for itself. If you take this personally, that's your problem. I really don't even understand why this thread is here. It should be moved to a politics section.

bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 04:17:52 PM

I have called cbeast a troll in the past. He does not understand the scientific method and is proud of his ignorance.
FredericBastiat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 09:27:04 PM

Democrat Platform - Everyone should be treated equal, let me tell you how to live your life.
Republican Platform - Rich people are great, let me tell you how to live your life.
Libertarian Platform - Go live your life how you want.
[/quote]

Democrat Platform - Everyone is liberal with everybody else's money, I'll force you to share.
Republican Platform - Rich people are liberal with your money, I'll force you to share.
Libertarian Platform - I'll be liberal (or not) with my own money, I'll decide if I'll share.

http://payb.tc/evo or
1F7venVKJa5CLw6qehjARkXBS55DU5YT59
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 10:18:57 PM

I will not comment any further here on the Libertarian position. I'll let their track record speak for itself. If you take this personally, that's your problem. I really don't even understand why this thread is here. It should be moved to a politics section.

I don't care what you think about the Libertarian position and that isn't why I bothered to post. A guy makes a thread about running for an office and you come in and make a snide comment about the party he chose. It stinks of troll to me.

Fortunately the mods took care of that by splitting your post and the resulting responses from the thread.

OK, fine if you just want to attack me personally and not answer my questions, I can't force you. I've scanned your history of posts and find nothing thoughtful, helpful, or even interesting to me. You seem like a reasonably educated young man, but you are getting into matters that are beyond your experience. You called me a troll without justifying yourself. You did not apologize or even delete your post. Welcome to the ignore bucket.

P.S. I did not create this thread and would prefer it to be closed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: