Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:22:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinedbits is a little deceptive  (Read 975 times)
PrintCoins (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 08:11:46 PM

http://coinedbits.com/buy.php

"Finally a tangible physical Bitcoin! Carry these bitcoins around in your pocket.

Help us put as many of these coins into circulation. Purchase several and pass them on to others. Keep checking back here to see where it has gone.
Each coin has a unique code on the back....
"
I am not much of a newb, but reading most of the text of coinedbits makes me think that I am actually getting a bitcoin when I order these.

For a actual newb, this would be very deceptive.

A skeptical newb might actually go to the FAQ and see:

"Are these coins real Bitcoins?
No. They have no real Bitcoin value. They are a novelty or souvenir coin."

I have sold you a duck, contains no real duck.

These are cool, and keep selling them, but be up front about the lack of a duck (not in the faq page). Otherwise, people hungry for duck who buy your duck will be disappointed by the lack of duck in your duck. They will think poorly of ducks in general and maybe will just stick to chicken.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PrintCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 10:03:10 PM

Hmm... it says this right in the first paragraph!

These Bitcoin coins do not represent digital Bitcoins. They have no Bitcoin face value.

I don't know if they could be more clear.

Hmmm, guess I should actually read the full copy before jumping to conclusions.

Sorry coinedbits.

Perhaps a paragraph break might help after "world."

First paragraph for reference:
Finally a tangible physical Bitcoin! Carry these bitcoins around in your pocket. They are great conversation pieces. Give them away and track where they go and what people think about them. There is no better way to spread the Bitcoin message to the world. These Bitcoin coins do not represent digital Bitcoins. They have no Bitcoin face value.

Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 10:33:34 PM

I don't understand why you would want these.  Wouldn't a coin that has stored bitcoin be more interesting/useful?

PrintCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 10:53:21 PM

I don't understand why you would want these.  Wouldn't a coin that has stored bitcoin be more interesting/useful?

If you are being practical, a piece of paper would work as well as a coin and is cheaper to produce & transport. Smiley

This is really just a collectable item that looks good. I don't know why he hasn't explored making funded coins and selling them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: