Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:23:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't connect to bitcointalk.org with my normal internet connection  (Read 1232 times)
kuroman (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:26:15 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 06:13:26 PM by kuroman

Hello,

In the last 24hrs I couldn't connect to the website with my home Internet connection directly and I had to either use a proxy or use other Internet connections such my mobile to be able to do so, I tried different browser, tried to flush the DNS, rebooting my router, removing my firewall for a few secs to try and and no matter what I couldn't get it to work, so I'm thinking it might server related, if you have any suggestion please feel free to listed bellow, also can a website admin please check if my ip wasn't blocked by mistake or something like that, thank you

Edit : here are some more informations

My issues started when website went down, and from there I cant connect anymore, and I'm starting to pinpoint the issue :

1-When I use Tor, or Proxies, I connect to the website without any issue
2-At first I thought it was a dns issue, so I flushed my dns, I also scanned my pc in case I was the victim of a malware which doesn't seem the case
3-I used different browsers and it doesn't change things much
4-all the devices in my network, cannot connect to bitcointalk directly
5-All the devices can connect to bitcointalk using an alternative network

when I insist on firefox I get this error (but rarely)
Code:
Error: unexpected parser state
Source file: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/chrome/toolkit.jar!/content/global/netError.xhtml
Line: 323, Column: 68
Source code:
        <div id="ed_connectionFailure">&connectionFailure.longDesc;</div>

So for me there are two possibilities :
1- ISP/Router blocking bitcointalk which doesn't make much sense
2- bitcointalk is blocking similar IPs to mine which is possible and for this I need the confirmation of an admin, so I don't know who to contact in this condition theymos maybe?

Appreciate the help guys

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sanjoea

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:10:09 AM

Compare to other sites this forum loads very quickly even with normal internet connection

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jodybay

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

if you want something do something!!!

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:14:29 AM

i have experience a "cant connect because server is not responding" yesterday but i goes back after 3 hours someone said that site is under maintenance

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Holm

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:18:27 AM

Now work good, yesterday was all day bad
kuroman (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:58:38 PM

My issues started when website went down, and from there I cant connect anymore, and I'm starting to pinpoint the issue :

1-When I use Tor, or Proxies, I connect to the website without any issue
2-At first I thought it was a dns issue, so I flushed my dns, I also scanned my pc in case I was the victim of a malware which doesn't seem the case
3-I used different browsers and it doesn't change things much
4-all the devices in my network, cannot connect to bitcointalk directly
5-All the devices can connect to bitcointalk using an alternative network

when I insist on firefox I get this error (but rarely)
Code:
Error: unexpected parser state
Source file: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/chrome/toolkit.jar!/content/global/netError.xhtml
Line: 323, Column: 68
Source code:
        <div id="ed_connectionFailure">&connectionFailure.longDesc;</div>

So for me there are two possibilities :
1- ISP/Router blocking bitcointalk which doesn't make much sense
2- bitcointalk is blocking similar IPs to mine which is possible and for this I need the confirmation of an admin, so I don't know who to contact in this condition theymos maybe?

Appreciate the help guys

thanks
jollyriffic

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:56:34 PM

try using googles dns and see if that will fix your issues
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:15:47 PM

best not to use your own internet connection I always use proxies and Tor for access to forums, best thing to do to keep yourself safe.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:52:43 AM

Maybe its the router?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:49:11 AM

Maybe its the router?

If its the router it wouldnt work with a proxy either.

Since im at work I cant reliably check for the ip of bitcointalk.org atm, (should be 109.201.133.195.) but try to resolve the name with a device that can reach it and ping the ip with a device that usually cant reach it. This way you can check wether its the DNS or not. If it is the DNS you can easily switch to another one. As mentioned googleDNS, openDNS or any other alternative DNS. It probably isnt though. If you still cant reach the IP try different IPs in the same network and see if they work e.g. if you get 192.168.7.15, try 192.168.7.14, .13, .12, etc. if you can reach any of those the server might block your IP or your IP-range. If you cant reach any IPs from the network its most likely that your ISP blocks that IP-range.
Besides ping you might also try to portscan the IP or some from the network, since some "admins" think its bad to respond to pings.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Onews1990

Activity: 362

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:19:16 PM

Maybe this is related to the whole site downtime? or maybe your IP was blacklisted or similar to the ddos'ing IP if that was the downtime cause.
Anyway just use proxies for now  Grin .
vnvizow

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:25:04 PM

I have issues on a PC at times but the site is definitely not mobile firendly
oli123123
Legendary

Activity: 1447
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:21:06 PM

I have issues on a PC at times but the site is definitely not mobile firendly
Yeah, we need a mobile version.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:29:19 AM

The forum is blocking certain IP address, such as mine. Until theymos gets back to us, ain't nothing to do but use Tor/proxies.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 07:51:37 AM

The forum is blocking certain IP address, such as mine. Until theymos gets back to us, ain't nothing to do but use Tor/proxies.

If you have a dynamic IP address (like most home connections), it may have been caused by the person who had the address before you, if you didn't do anything that could unduly stress the forum.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
MichaelAguilar.90

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:55:34 AM

Sometimes happen to me as well but is due the server, I have to wait for a while and then refresh the website or close and re-open the browser, wish you all the best. regards
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:14:23 AM

Sometimes happen to me as well but is due the server, I have to wait for a while and then refresh the website or close and re-open the browser, wish you all the best. regards

I've never had this problem, so I doubt it's the server. That sounds more like a bad internet connection or an overzealous internet filter to me.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
kuroman (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:36:29 PM

Yes that's what I'm doing, It's just that I don't trust random proxies with my passwords and stuff, I decided to use Tor for btalk I guess for now

The issue is still not solved, and my IP is blocked by the website, but what I don't understand, is despite reaching out to theymos and asking for help for over a week now, not a single admins replied to me

NB: I've done everything from side, I've even contacted my ISP to see if they blocked bitcointalk, which is not the case.
meawleir21

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:27:59 AM

Admin said in one of the posts in meta that some IP's were banned for extensive use of resources, maybe you are one of those IP's banned? is yours static?
kuroman (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:23:02 PM

Admin said in one of the posts in meta that some IP's were banned for extensive use of resources, maybe you are one of those IP's banned? is yours static?

No it is not normally but it doesn't change by much I've posted on that thread, but theymos didn't reply after that Sad I'm being forced to use a proxy/tor all the time now <.<
Holm

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:55:14 PM

every two-five day something is wrong  with the site
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: