Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:36:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apology to OldEngineer  (Read 3438 times)
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 06:29:48 PM

Mr. The Joint. I don't suppose you caught the Fight Club reference? In this forum you've been given an opportunity to face the pain, release your ego, and humbly and honestly apologize. On your road to adulthood you will have other, but not likely as easy, opportunities, but why not take responsibility now rather than waiting to somehow grow up?

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 06:51:50 PM

Mr. The Joint. I don't suppose you caught the Fight Club reference? In this forum you've been given an opportunity to face the pain, release your ego, and humbly and honestly apologize. On your road to adulthood you will have other, but not likely as easy, opportunities, but why not take responsibility now rather than waiting to somehow grow up?

Netrin, you've been cool.

That was the problem.  I couldn't honestly apologize to the community. 

There's a problem when you apologize and then you feel guilty for apologizing.  I felt more happy and comfortable with myself before the apology.  I have regret for doing it in the first place.  It is, as I said,  undeserved.

I think it's more adult to stand up for what you think and know is right than to preach social graces while being subtly -- or, as in the case of most responses, not-so-subtly --  graceless.

netrin

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 07:16:32 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2011, 07:37:51 PM by netrin

[ cut... sent by PM ]

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 07:42:09 PM

I don't think I was offended, it's just, obviously you are realizing how silly you looked to everyone else the whole time, just a little too late.

it reminds me of the time Matthew N. Wright got into some dispute over 1 BTC he refused to pay an artist who completed the job he asked for, simply because the artist had made his demand for payment public because it wasn't getting anywhere.  I have always viewed him as being in junior high ever since, though maybe he really is.

Your biggest mistake had nothing to do with UTC, it was that you felt (and probably still feel) that "the law" or "morals" or "ethics" entitled you to receive a gift from somebody who didn't choose to give it to you.  The fact that you added "I think" makes no difference - we understand it's what "you think" - it's just, well, you paint yourself precisely as the moochers (Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand, 1957) that many of us abhor.  All moochers think that people have an obligation to give them things in exchange for nothing.  (I bet if you go read the book and convince us you actually read it, you'll gain back much of the respect you lost in that thread! lol...google for the cliff's notes if the length is a problem)

+1 on all counts...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 06:17:03 AM

Dear Mr. Joint,

You're an idiot.

Sincerely,
Everyone
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 06:28:58 AM

Dear Mr. Joint,

You're an idiot.

Sincerely,
Everyone

Dear dude,

Don't care.

Sincerely,
The 'me' in team and the 'I' in win.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2011, 10:24:06 AM

I think this tells us a lot about how you think:

The smartest student, I think, is the one who finds the most efficient means of passing any examination or test they come across.

Yes, even by cheating

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 10:56:15 AM

Dear Mr. Joint,

You're an idiot.

Sincerely,
Everyone
Fuck you, i do not agree! please edit your post! IDIOT!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
netrin

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 04:15:28 PM

Dear Mr. Joint,

You're (making yourself look like) an idiot.

Sincerely,
Everyone

is that better?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 04:26:49 PM

Dear Mr. Joint,

You're (making yourself look like) an idiot.

Sincerely,
Everyone

is that better?
little, but it was the "everyone" part i did not like. please do not include me.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 05:01:58 PM

little, but it was the "everyone" part i did not like. please do not include me.

Because when someone says "everyone" they truly mean every last person on earth... right?
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 05:13:22 PM

Because when someone says "everyone" they truly mean every last person on earth... right?
sure they do! ALWAYS!

joking aside... i don't think individuals should say talk for the community, without at least a great majority agrees.
it was just to say that i disagree with his statement, and i do not wish to get included in his "everyone".

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2011, 05:16:23 PM

sure they do! ALWAYS!

joking aside... i don't think individuals should say talk for the community, without at least a great majority agrees.
it was just to say that i disagree with his statement, and i do not wish to get included in his "everyone".

Then why not just say so?

"Fuck you, i do not agree! please edit your post! IDIOT!"

Just makes you look irrational and childish. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 07:24:38 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 07:58:26 PM by RandyFolds

It is Christmas here so Merry Christmas all!

Merry Christmas, Goat! I hope you and yours have a wonderful celebration.

e: That goes for everyone, too. Even the_joint.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 07:40:19 PM

It is Christmas here so Merry Christmas all!
Merry Christmas Cheesy

btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2011, 09:23:41 PM

The smartest student, I think, is the one who finds the most efficient means of passing any examination or test they come across.

Yes, even by cheating
The smartest student is the one who learns the most.

School is about the acquisition of knowledge, not passing exams or having a high GPA.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
RandyFolds

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 10:18:53 PM

Yes, even by cheating

School is about the acquisition of knowledge, not passing exams or having a high GPA.

This times a million.

Grades show nothing but how well you comply (which in itself is a valuable measure for gaining employment). An A+ while working your ass off in my mind is no different than a C without trying.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 11:36:27 PM

Yes, even by cheating

This times a million.

Grades show nothing but how well you comply (which in itself is a valuable measure for gaining employment). An A+ while working your ass off in my mind is no different than a C without trying.
i get 12(the highest) in math, without even trying to do be best. the lessons bores me, and all the stuff we learn i learn in about 10 min, while the other students are struggling... im not working my ass off to get a A+.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2011, 01:52:11 AM

Yes, even by cheating

This times a million.

i get 12(the highest) in math, without even trying to do be best. the lessons bores me, and all the stuff we learn i learn in about 10 min, while the other students are struggling... im not working my ass off to get a A+.

Schoolwork has been dumbed down a lot these days, if you want to be challenged public school isn't where you need to be looking. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
RandyFolds

View Profile
December 25, 2011, 01:52:27 AM

Yes, even by cheating

This times a million.

Ok...you are good at math. Cool story. Pretty much everyone has something they are good at. That would be the exception, not the rule.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: