Bitcoin Forum
September 29, 2026, 07:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I trade cryptocurrencies with Forex brokers and would never use crypto exchanges  (Read 194 times)
Alpen (OP)
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 46


View Profile
June 01, 2025, 07:35:22 AM
 #1

Working with crypto exchanges has been the biggest headache of my trading career. I still can’t understand why every platform insists on creating its own bespoke trading terminal. I wasted so much time learning these "amazing" interfaces. At least they finally standardized on TradingView charts—small mercy.

I only use exchanges for spot purchases. But for speculation? Forex brokers win. Here’s why:
  • Same terminal everywhere: All brokers use MetaTrader.
  • Leverage: Available on brokers, banned on exchanges.
  • Automation: Ready-made trading robots and I can build my own in MQL.

Crypto exchanges? They’re like a broken elevator—complicated, frustrating, and you’re better off taking the stairs.
Oshosondy
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1539



View Profile WWW
June 01, 2025, 07:56:04 AM
 #2

I do not know which country you are from but you can use leverage on crypto exchanges. Probably your government does not allow it.

There are now many exchanges with bots. Also you can build your own.

Same terminal everywhere: All brokers use MetaTrader? It is different on crypto exchanges but I prefer it on crypto exchanges also.

You do not need to use crypto exchanges because I think you are a forex trader and you prefer forex but that does not mean crypto exchanges are bad. I prefer perpetual and futures on crypto exchanges.

.◼.◼.Vega.bet.◼.◼.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...100 FS + 750% BONUS..MAX.WIN.$5,000...

███...FAST PAYOUTS  |  NO KYC  |  10% LOSSBACK...███
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...Play Now...
SmartGold01
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1142


View Profile WWW
June 01, 2025, 08:54:17 AM
 #3

When I was trying to dive into trading (not full time) just trying to gain the knowledge I discovered that trading over there is likewise volatile than using exchange although, MataTrader (MT5) is extremely volatile. As then I couldn't hear the loss I had to stop and focused on holding Bitcoin because I wasn't good enough in trading. In cryptocurrency exchange you can trade over there and make profit and of course there are people who are trading there on a daily basis and makes their profits without them even have to use MT5.
Queentoshi
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1260
Merit: 365


View Profile
June 01, 2025, 08:15:53 PM
 #4

Crypto exchanges? They’re like a broken elevator—complicated, frustrating, and you’re better off taking the stairs.
There must be individuals who have made huge profits still from trading cryptocurrencies on exchanges. To these people, exchanges are the best and they will in a second recommend it's use to other new traders who seek their opinions. I am not saying I am right, but I think that whatever works for you is good enough, and if you are profiting from trading on exchanges, it is okay to still focus on it as long as you are able to maintain your profit margin and possibly improve it.
Russlenat
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1090


Crypto Exchange Aggregator


View Profile
June 01, 2025, 11:36:36 PM
 #5

Maybe the problem isn’t crypto itself,  maybe you're just not using the right exchanges. In this market, we see billions of dollars moving in and out every 24 hours. That alone shows how much trust people have in crypto and the exchanges that support it.

If the exchange is your only issue, that’s something that can easily be fixed. Try using one of the most popular and reliable platforms.
Personally, I use and recommend Binance. Have you tried it?

shinratensei_
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1070


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
June 02, 2025, 04:26:40 AM
 #6

Each exchange's terminal only differ a little but and most of them use the same tradingview for their chart, I don't really think it's problem.
Exchange also offer high leverage, some even 1000x in their future trading. I think you just didn't dive deep enough.

These exchange also exposes API for you to use your own custom robots. Those reasons you mentioned aren't really strong reasoning to begin with.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Teraboy
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2324
Merit: 505


View Profile
June 02, 2025, 04:42:08 AM
 #7

One thing I want to ask you, do these forex brokers really trade real crypto or just a paper?
Why you want to choose forex broker instead of crypto exchange where the real trade happens and the liquidity is abundant?
Can't wrap my head around it really.
Alpen (OP)
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 46


View Profile
June 02, 2025, 04:50:29 AM
 #8


There are now many exchanges with bots. Also you can build your own.

If every crypto exchange has a different trading terminal, how exactly am I supposed to build a bot that works everywhere? I'd have to use their APIs, and sometimes those APIs are restricted, rate-limited, or even behind a paywall.

Plus, not every exchange offers proper API access. I could spend weeks developing a working bot, and then if I have to switch to another platform, there’s no guarantee I’d be able to reuse it. That’s a major risk most people don’t consider when talking about building custom bots.

Maybe the problem isn’t crypto itself,  maybe you're just not using the right exchanges. In this market, we see billions of dollars moving in and out every 24 hours. That alone shows how much trust people have in crypto and the exchanges that support it.

If the exchange is your only issue, that’s something that can easily be fixed. Try using one of the most popular and reliable platforms.
Personally, I use and recommend Binance. Have you tried it?

Why do you consider Binance to be a suitable exchange? Its founder was incarcerated for defrauding investors and money laundering. The exchange itself received a record fine for its offenses. Furthermore, it was involved in money laundering from Iran and facilitated the cashing out of stolen cryptocurrency by hackers.

I could continue listing all the accusations and offenses, a portion of which have been proven in court.


Exchange also offer high leverage, some even 1000x in their future trading. I think you just didn't dive deep enough.


I've genuinely never heard of exchanges offering 1000x leverage. Which ones are you talking about?
fuguebtc
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2562
Merit: 566


View Profile
June 02, 2025, 09:21:13 AM
 #9

I don't see anything wrong with using Forex brokers to trade cryptocurrencies instead of existing crypto exchanges. It doesn't matter because everyone's interests, habits, needs...are different, you just need to choose what you think is best for you.

In trading or investing, what matters is how to make a lot of money and as long as you can make a lot of money, it doesn't matter what tools, strategies or platforms you use.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2122


฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.


View Profile
June 03, 2025, 01:49:57 AM
 #10

Working with crypto exchanges has been the biggest headache of my trading career. I still can’t understand why every platform insists on creating its own bespoke trading terminal.
I don't see any problem with that. Why should you have to trade Bitcoin across 10 platforms. Just choose one favorite platform of yours and you are good to go.

Quote
I wasted so much time learning these "amazing" interfaces. At least they finally standardized on TradingView charts—small mercy.
There's nothing significantly different. You probably just too rigid.

Quote
Leverage: Available on brokers, banned on exchanges.
Available in exchanges too, it depends on where you come from though. If you are from places like the US, sorry.

Quote
Automation: Ready-made trading robots and I can build my own in MQL.
Bots are available for trading crypto too. Maybe you just don't know where to look?

If every crypto exchange has a different trading terminal, how exactly am I supposed to build a bot that works everywhere? I'd have to use their APIs, and sometimes those APIs are restricted, rate-limited, or even behind a paywall.
Pick one exchange and stick to it. What is the point of being a crypto exchange tourist?

Quote
I've genuinely never heard of exchanges offering 1000x leverage. Which ones are you talking about?
Who even trades 1000x on crypto volatile as it is? You know why most exchanges don't offer leverage that high.


.◼.◼.Vega.bet.◼.◼.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...100 FS + 750% BONUS..MAX.WIN.$5,000...

███...FAST PAYOUTS  |  NO KYC  |  10% LOSSBACK...███
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...Play Now...
bitbollo
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4116
Merit: 5080



View Profile
June 03, 2025, 01:54:46 AM
 #11

Not all crypto currencies are traded in classic Forex brokers. This could lead to miss many chances including to not use DeFi product (or other decentralized product like the Classic Dex).
It Is really worth? If you are able to trade the coins and use services profitable so the answer Is yes, otherwise I will made a try also with "crypto brokers" or similars.

DannyKhalifa
Jr. Member
*
Offline

Activity: 42
Merit: 1


View Profile
June 03, 2025, 02:10:00 AM
 #12

In fact, forex brokers will have way lower fees even when it comes for crypto.
Crypto-Exchangers, do have insane fees for opening/closing a position.
Alpen (OP)
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 46


View Profile
June 03, 2025, 05:26:07 AM
 #13

In fact, forex brokers will have way lower fees even when it comes for crypto.
Crypto-Exchangers, do have insane fees for opening/closing a position.
Hands down, this is the best take in the whole thread.

Not all crypto currencies are traded in classic Forex brokers. This could lead to miss many chances including to not use DeFi product (or other decentralized product like the Classic Dex).
It Is really worth? If you are able to trade the coins and use services profitable so the answer Is yes, otherwise I will made a try also with "crypto brokers" or similars.

DEX isn’t some magic fix either. You still miss out on coins, and you’re trading in a jungle full of MEV bots and sketchy contracts. Unless you really know what you’re doing, it's a high-risk game.

] I don't see any problem with that. Why should you have to trade Bitcoin across 10 platforms. Just choose one favorite platform of yours and you are good to go.


Available in exchanges too, it depends on where you come from though. If you are from places like the US, sorry.

Bots are available for trading crypto too. Maybe you just don't know where to look?

 Who even trades 1000x on crypto volatile as it is? You know why most exchanges don't offer leverage that high.


Sure, just pick “one platform” and hope you don’t get drained by hidden withdrawal fees or random network limits — solid advice!

Meanwhile, I’m over here asking for basic tools like lock-in on leveraged positions or open access to bot libraries… and all I get is crickets.

Crypto exchanges out here acting like it’s still 1999, while Forex lets you build and test custom bots like it’s a science lab.
knowngunman
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1470
Merit: 590



View Profile WWW
June 03, 2025, 06:13:11 AM
 #14

I only use exchanges for spot purchases. But for speculation? Forex brokers win. Here’s why:
  • Same terminal everywhere: All brokers use MetaTrader.
  • Leverage: Available on brokers, banned on exchanges.
  • Automation: Ready-made trading robots and I can build my own in MQL.

Crypto exchanges? They’re like a broken elevator—complicated, frustrating, and you’re better off taking the stairs.

The three features you mentioned, except the first in your list which I don't know whether exchanges offer it or not, but the remaining two are available in most of the exchanges I use. Although, I understand exchanges offer different services in different regions in order to align with each region regulation. Perhaps, your region prohibited them from offering such services to your people due to high risk involved.

I think it's all about preference and what you're conversant with among the two. Exchanges feel more secured to some traders than using brokers but each has advantage and disadvantages as well.

When I was trying to dive into trading (not full time) just trying to gain the knowledge I discovered that trading over there is likewise volatile than using exchange although, MataTrader (MT5) is extremely volatile. As then I couldn't hear the loss I had to stop and focused on holding Bitcoin because I wasn't good enough in trading. In cryptocurrency exchange you can trade over there and make profit and of course there are people who are trading there on a daily basis and makes their profits without them even have to use MT5.

That's how it is everywhere. It's probably because you were still new to trading at that time. For someone with a soft heart can easily faint having first time experience using MT4/5 especially when you are trading with a high lot size  Grin

 
█▄
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT▀█ 
  THE #1 SOLANA CASINO  
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
........5,000+........
GAMES
 
......INSTANT......
WITHDRAWALS
..........HUGE..........
REWARDS
 
............VIP............
PROGRAM
 .
   PLAY NOW    
Mpamaegbu
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1313


Once a man...Twice a child!


View Profile WWW
June 03, 2025, 08:03:10 AM
 #15

Crypto exchanges? They’re like a broken elevator—complicated, frustrating, and you’re better off taking the stairs.
It's obvious you must've had sad experience(s) trading cryptos on exchanges to have come up with such a frightening submission, no doubt. I can't argue otherwise with you. Nonetheless, it's not so on my part. I've the opportune moment of trading on both Forex brokerage and exchanges too. My experience isn't anything close to what you described there. I've tested both waters. Are you sure the difficulty you've been experiencing isn't from certain restrictions your country has and not that it's an exchange issue?

Again, trading cryptos on forex brokerage will leave one with less options to choose from than when one's trading on the "ideal" place – on exchanges. Forex brokers only list top cryptos, and not newly listed pairs like exchanges do. I believe you must've observed that too.
Strongkored
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1139


View Profile
June 03, 2025, 11:33:21 AM
 #16

I have a bad experience when trading forex, even feel using meta traders as the most annoying experience, and spot trading on crypto exchanges is much easier to do even though the interface will vary from exchange to exchange.
The bad results of crypto may be the trigger for you to like forex trading more, and in my opinion forex is more volatile than spot trading in crypto.
gunhell16
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2436
Merit: 594


View Profile
June 03, 2025, 04:32:42 PM
 #17

Working with crypto exchanges has been the biggest headache of my trading career. I still can’t understand why every platform insists on creating its own bespoke trading terminal. I wasted so much time learning these "amazing" interfaces. At least they finally standardized on TradingView charts—small mercy.

I only use exchanges for spot purchases. But for speculation? Forex brokers win. Here’s why:
  • Same terminal everywhere: All brokers use MetaTrader.
  • Leverage: Available on brokers, banned on exchanges.
  • Automation: Ready-made trading robots and I can build my own in MQL.

Crypto exchanges? They’re like a broken elevator—complicated, frustrating, and you’re better off taking the stairs.


If you are more comfortable with forex than crypto trading then just go with what you want if you are not profitable in crypto trading. But you should know that forex is different from crypto trading because that is my knowledge.

That is true not all community traders in the field of crypto space are truly making money in this industry, and if there are any that are not profitable it is because there is something wrong with their tactics it is as simple as that.
SmartGold01
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1142


View Profile WWW
June 04, 2025, 07:57:48 AM
 #18

When I was trying to dive into trading (not full time) just trying to gain the knowledge I discovered that trading over there is likewise volatile than using exchange although, MataTrader (MT5) is extremely volatile. As then I couldn't hear the loss I had to stop and focused on holding Bitcoin because I wasn't good enough in trading. In cryptocurrency exchange you can trade over there and make profit and of course there are people who are trading there on a daily basis and makes their profits without them even have to use MT5.

That's how it is everywhere. It's probably because you were still new to trading at that time. For someone with a soft heart can easily faint having first time experience using MT4/5 especially when you are trading with a high lot size  Grin
Trading with a higher lot size is like driving on the high way without break. As a beginner it's not advisable to start trading with high lot size without them having to understand how the trading works, it could be that going with high lot would depends on their equity as most times you can't trading with high lot size of 1.00 while you are having less than $50 in their trading account, this wouldn't take upto 20-30 minute to get drained up. It would be better to start with demo to cultivate themselves very well.
justdimin
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 3836
Merit: 695


View Profile
June 04, 2025, 12:44:43 PM
 #19

You do not need to use crypto exchanges because I think you are a forex trader and you prefer forex but that does not mean crypto exchanges are bad. I prefer perpetual and futures on crypto exchanges.
Yeah, there are orthodox people who never ready to adapt new things but instead of giving a try on new developments, they do complain; which is the exact scenario, I am smelling with OP. Crypto is kind of adapt or die technology. If you start ignoring crypto space for whatever reasons you cooked up, you may stay where you are but new developments will keep on flying on its own pace for sure.

Crypto exchanges? They’re like a broken elevator—complicated, frustrating, and you’re better off taking the stairs.
I can revert back these with respect to forex platforms as well. Probably you are talking out of your own experiences or some assumptions. Personally I have been using both crypto and forex platforms for long times hence you cannot derive a common scenario among these two.
Wakate
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1848
Merit: 660


View Profile
June 04, 2025, 01:33:47 PM
 #20

Your opinion is somehow opposite to what I know about forex brokers. There trading fees are too high compared to crypto exchanges that offer leverages and lot more option of different crypto pairs. Crypto pairs are less availability in many brokers maybe because they don't want to offer dangerous crypto assets that could crash at anytime leaving themselves and their customers in huge loses.

Trading cryptocurrency using a broker is not that suitable at all although your personal opinion is welcome. Brokers can not regulate crypto projects but can offer their services to their customers with limitations. Brokers are strictly for trading and there is nothing like buying and holding. Trading on a brokers is like you are in the future trade which can be very risky for those that don't understand how it works. Exchanges offers leverage trading but not having access to it could be due to your region.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!