Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:50:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATE] Christmas Special is now viewable at BitTalk.TV!  (Read 6961 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 08:08:45 PM

Oh man I was laughing! actually, worked out really good!  Grin I loved the animations and you were pretty funny Matthew and Charlie oh my god lol

LOL thanks bud

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 08:58:41 PM

Great work man!!!  I liked the animated cartoon bitcoin rainbow kitty with the amazing music  Grin

Spoiler!!! I haven't gotten that far yet. Saving the last 20 minutes for tonight when I get high am more relaxed.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 09:37:45 PM

totally dire - just me maybe but found it (like most TeeVee style crap) to be completely unwatchable, so so spastic

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 09:45:40 PM

totally dire - just me maybe but found it (like most TeeVee style crap) to be completely unwatchable, so so spastic

If you meant random, I think you're receiving what we intended on displaying.

Not to worry, Christmas Special is over. Steady shows coming up.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 09:57:18 PM

no I didn't mean random though that fits as defined here

I meant lame, totally spastic & never to go there again

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 10:05:58 PM

Perhaps you'd prefer a more normal (http://www.opposite-word.com/s/spastic) show like the Bitcoin Show by Bruce Wagner. lol

Criticism noted.

ahbritto

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

Ripple

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 11:10:59 PM

Great job, Matthew. Smiley
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 11:12:36 PM

Perhaps you'd prefer a more normal (http://www.opposite-word.com/s/spastic) show like the Bitcoin Show by Bruce Wagner. lol

Criticism noted.

At least he was a gentleman about it  Smiley

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 03:25:13 AM

Just tried to viewed the show but the sound is not in sync with the video. It's off by two seconds.
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 04:33:40 AM

Good job. It was a lot of work. I liked the singing at the beginning. You have a real talent for show business. Smiley
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 05:48:12 AM

Excellent job, any chance we could get a download-able version? Grin

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 06:00:39 AM

Think we could get signed memorabilia posters of Charlie in his penguin suit too? Cheesy

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 06:04:02 AM

Think we could get signed memorabilia posters of Charlie in his penguin suit too? Cheesy

Sure,

I get 50%  Grin

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 06:38:52 AM

There is a way you can do this on your computer, but I forgot the simple steps. It was one of those YouTube tricks, one I've used a couple other times in the past for other non-YT videos. Given a few minutes of research, I could possible find that info and be able to rip it from his site and have a copy on my computer.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 06:44:59 AM

There is a way you can do this on your computer, but I forgot the simple steps. It was one of those YouTube tricks, one I've used a couple other times in the past for other non-YT videos. Given a few minutes of research, I could possible find that info and be able to rip it from his site and have a copy on my computer.

I think a clickable link would be much simpler and is likely trivial for Matthew to add to the site.

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 07:08:37 AM

Thank you for working hard on this, and for delivering a great show, Matthew. The ending was a bit edgy. Not edgy enough for me, and likely too edgy for an average bitcoin-curious person. Can't make everyone happy, at least not at the same time. Once again: thanks, and keep up!

P.S. quality of sound is more important than visual quality in shows of this type. Allocate resources accordingly, from microphones to your time in production.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 09:37:56 AM

I appreciate all the comments, especially the criticisms since I was running blind with this. Here's what I'm doing to fix the issues that I am aware of:

1) Shows in the future will be as relaxed as possible without losing the point, but will not be ad libbed like this special was.

2) Sound was a huge concern but budget, resources and time were against us. A generous sponsor has pledged to provide proper wireless recording equipment that should allow us to keep mobility without sacrificing quality.

3) I'm in love with rendering special effects now. Vicente has got me hooked and since the stick figure animation alone took 2 hours to render, it's pretty clear our hardwar was ill prepared. A generous sponsor is providing a rendering machine for us to help is follow standards and cut time.

4) Comedy is what I live for. Without it, I'd have no energy to do any of this crap. I'll be channeling towards seperate skits instead of main features though to ensure that my particular tastes don't interfere with accessibility.

5) We are producing a digital magazine to go along with our series of programs. This should help those interested in the meat only to get more out of what we are doing.

6) If anyone has any suggestions, concerns, or if you have an idea for a show you'd like us to do or you'd like to create and host with us, I'm all ears.

7) The Christmas Special was a rushed, poorly thought out and even worsely executed concept with a very short window of time to complete. Future shows are planned, written and contributed to by our entire team not just me so the production value should improve as we find our ass from our heads.

Cool I like bacon.

9) yesterday in the shower I came up with an idea and three verses to a Silk Road nerd gangra rap song. Would anyone be interested in seeing this produced into a music video?

Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 09:51:29 AM

4) Comedy is what I live for. Without it, I'd have no energy to do any of this crap. I'll be channeling towards seperate skits instead of main features though to ensure that my particular tastes don't interfere with accessibility.
I think the shampoo at the end would have definitely turned my mom off to the video.  Comedy is great though.  Separation sounds good to me.

Cool I like bacon.
I love bacon.

9) yesterday in the shower I came up with an idea and three verses to a Silk Road nerd gangra rap song. Would anyone be interested in seeing this produced into a music video?
Why are you asking such questions? OF COURSE WE ARE.

Exonumia

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 03:02:48 PM

Good job on aspect ratios, mostly... What did poor Stefan do to deserve being squished in his interview? Do you charge the guests if they wish to avoid the aspect squishing?

I will admit that at least you only squished one guest... Bruce squishes everyone, including himself.

Did Mr Armitt pay the "non squished interview" fee?

Best part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuD9ru27d0#t=1867s

Pretty nice for the first one... keep it up.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 09:09:51 PM

Good job on aspect ratios, mostly... What did poor Stefan do to deserve being squished in his interview? Do you charge the guests if they wish to avoid the aspect squishing?

I will admit that at least you only squished one guest... Bruce squishes everyone, including himself.

Did Mr Armitt pay the "non squished interview" fee?

Best part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuD9ru27d0#t=1867s

Pretty nice for the first one... keep it up.

The interviews were just a mess and the real reason the special was late. We're learning though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: