Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:14:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM or NUMUS  (Read 2175 times)
Jigme (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:04:53 PM

Guys my friend wants to invest 1 solitary BTC  in an upcoming coin. I have read and researched all the upcoming coins so far and to me the most promising two seem to be NEM or NUMUS . I thought Spark was good until the escrow screwup  Sad so I will have to decide among these two.

NEM : Seems to have a lot of buzz around it, 1 million per stake  Cheesy , big friendly community and a very good promoter and dev team .

Numus : New entry but seems very professional, has mining and already seems  to have a very good idea about its future plan of action, also number of coins is less than NEM.

Which one is the better option and why?
rix5

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:15:52 AM

we are waiting for nemo or neso
GoatGuy

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:10:39 PM

Guys my friend wants to invest 1 solitary BTC  in an upcoming coin. I have read and researched all the upcoming coins so far and to me the most promising two seem to be NEM or NUMUS . I thought Spark was good until the escrow screwup  Sad so I will have to decide among these two.

NEM : Seems to have a lot of buzz around it, 1 million per stake  Cheesy , big friendly community and a very good promoter and dev team .

Numus : New entry but seems very professional, has mining and already seems  to have a very good idea about its future plan of action, also number of coins is less than NEM.

Numus easily.

1) They have a whitepaper
2) Excellent marketing and design team. (I heard about Numus through a tech site called overclock.net so their marketing must be doing something right)
3) They have a practical and logical approach to gaining public adoption. (See their whitepaper)
ShimalH

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:30:15 PM

Numus easily.

1) They have a whitepaper
2) Excellent marketing and design team. (I heard about Numus through a tech site called overclock.net so their marketing must be doing something right)
3) They have a practical and logical approach to gaining public adoption. (See their whitepaper)

As GoatGuy stated above, Numus is the better choice. The reason I invested in them is because they see the bigger picture.

This is what I posted in the NEM thread (I sourced the Numus whitepaper for this) : "The key for most if not all coins currently is marketing. Face it, no real coin besides primarily Dogecoin and Bitcoin has really gained any public adoption of some sort. The first coin which secures a foothold outside of the crypto community will be most likely to succeed in the long-term. This is what I think NEM and Numus should work towards.

And it seems like others agree with my view :

Yup. That's what often slips many minds here. Everyone is inside the crypto matrix.

A coin that steps outside that and presents itself as user friendly and informative will kick the pants off any amount of technical cleverness.

ShareCoin : SStrk8BCdBkbANHHbwGrU293qivEY2HEiy
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:35:28 PM

No, please don't do it again

ShimalH

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:43:28 PM

No, please don't do it again
It's been the third comparison thread between two cryto's in the past day, but hey it's good for discussion.

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:44:07 PM

What is numus?
ShimalH

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:45:21 PM

What is numus?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=543503.0

Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:08:27 PM

Thanks man

Nothing special
GoatGuy

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:18:41 PM

Whitepaper bud, you forgot to read their whitepaper : http://numus.org/whitepaper.pdf
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:37:38 PM

I am 100% both of those GREAT Smiley
But I would choose NEM.
MkEM2012

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:56:50 PM

I also prefer to registered myself at NEM
GoatGuy

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:07:22 PM

The only real difference I see about NEM is their web-based client which seems to be built on top of a Bootstrap theme. I don't know too much about NEM, but what else do you think makes NEM different to say NXT?
feina24h

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:24:26 PM

IMO NEM but you have to decide by yourself  Grin

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:51:19 PM

Numus or cunilingus?
GoatGuy

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:05:45 PM

Numus or cunilingus?

Do you even pink sock?vBut on a serious note I think Numus means currency in some language.

EDIT : Numus means currency in Latin
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:29:36 PM

Numus or cunilingus?

Do you even pink sock?vBut on a serious note I think Numus means currency in some language.

I'm serious i will invest it !
ShimalH

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:53:41 AM

Numus or cunilingus?

I'm serious i will invest it !

Join the club  Smiley

Lasmiranda

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:56:08 PM

Would be better to buy NEM than NUMUS when I'm looking in the Discussion Thread of NEM. So many posts with ideas, updates etc.
Things there going well.
ShimalH

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:33:08 PM

Would be better to buy NEM than NUMUS when I'm looking in the Discussion Thread of NEM. So many posts with ideas, updates etc.
Things there going well.
In all fairness NEM was announced a while ago, around 4 months if I'm not mistaken and it's community is much larger than Numus', but Numus was only announced a week ago. If I had to pick two of the most promising alt-coins for 2014 though these would be my 2 picks.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: