Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:12:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everybody searching 'the new dogecoin'  (Read 1075 times)
rix5 (OP)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:07:42 PM

... but you forget it was no organic growth or democratic choice that was putting it where it is now. It was just the wallet of famous scammer wolong that brought it up. So please stop telling everybody memecoins would be desirable and better than actual innovation. Thanks.
There will be no second doge.

Doge is just the testimony of wolongs bad taste.
Sorry bagholders, i know you don't like to hear that.
WayToGo

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:41:44 PM

Any chance for TIPS?
rix5 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:44:14 PM

Any chance for TIPS?

? you want to tip me or you asking about fedoracoins?
WayToGo

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:45:37 PM

I was asking about fedoracoin  Grin
They seems to have a growing community with talented devs behind them.
rix5 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:47:38 PM

I was asking about fedoracoin  Grin
They seems to have a growing community with talented devs behind them.

i recently bought some. Hope it pans out ...
WayToGo

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:49:22 PM

Its a good time to buy in TIPS as the prices are so cheap now.
Good luck.
rix5 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:06:47 AM

Its a good time to buy in TIPS as the prices are so cheap now.
Good luck.

i just realized you are right. Got myself some more.
NotoriousBIT

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:24:59 AM

Did I read that right?  You knock Doge but support Fedora?
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:40:01 AM

... but you forget it was no organic growth or democratic choice that was putting it where it is now. It was just the wallet of famous scammer wolong that brought it up. So please stop telling everybody memecoins would be desirable and better than actual innovation. Thanks.

DOGE supporters would disagree with you. Why? Because they don't really focus on making it the most profitable or the most professional looking cryptocurrency. They focus on making it popular by making it useful more and more each day. Something a lot of alt-coins haven't figured out how to do yet.

By making DOGE more useful, they have a clear line of sight in making it more into an actual currency than a store of wealth such as BTC and LTC. There aren't really any DOGE bagholders, because DOGE supporters use their coins, they don't store them and wait for the coins to become more valuable just to sell them for fiat.
Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:45:43 AM

DOGE supporters would disagree with you. Why? Because they don't really focus on making it the most profitable or the most professional looking cryptocurrency. They focus on making it popular by making it useful more and more each day. Something a lot of alt-coins haven't figured out how to do yet.

By making DOGE more useful, they have a clear line of sight in making it more into an actual currency than a store of wealth such as BTC and LTC. There aren't really any DOGE bagholders, because DOGE supporters use their coins, they don't store them and wait for the coins to become more valuable just to sell them for fiat.

Well said.

I do agree with the OP in that there won't be a "new dogecoin." Dogecoin has filled the space that existed.
coin-ninja

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:44:06 AM

No one knows what the new doge coin is until there is a new doge coin... To find out you have to ask which coins are really considered ahead of the curve here on a technical, distribution, or marketing standpoint? Fedoracoin will have a tough time pivoting away from their single tiny target market.
rix5 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:21:54 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 07:53:59 AM by rix5

lol. i only wanted to point out that it is stupid to even ask that question what the next doge could be since it shows you don't see that doge was manipulated to the place it is in now and didn't grow through the community to the place it is in now. Community came afterwards. Doge was put there with thausands of dollars from a rich sociopath without any taste.
What i am saing is: without wolong the scammer doge would be at the same stage as flappycoin or corgicoin is now because those reflect the true interest of cryptopeople in funnymoney with no innovation.
That all dogecopy-attempts and lookalikes failed miserable just shows that there is really nobody asking for that doge. It is all just an illusion.

The average bitcoiner was male, between 18 and 60 and not interested in dogmemes. So it is quite obvious what happend.
If you google 'doge wolong' this is the first hit:
http://www.dailydot.com/business/wolong-dogecoin-market-control-trader-bitcoin/

in reality there is no demand for such coins. Or at least not such a big one. I don't want to put it down though. It is alright. I assume a lot of honest people are bagholders of doge.
Just stop evangelising that doge. It had no organic growth and was in no way grassroots. It is really just an illusion and the success of that coin is close related to how many can be lured into buying into those high prices.

when it comes to fedora:
i just bought it because it was very low and under value overall. I like buying low and selling high. I don't see doge as under value and i also see no entry for me into that coin because it is actualy over value right now. I think what stirrs me up so much is that coindesk is pushing that doge so much and telling people to put money on an overvalued coin. Their last article clearly had an impact on dogemarkets. Maybe that's why i made this thread. Now doge is lower than before that stream of articles. So everybody who bought into the doge-coindesk-pump was loosing if they were not daytrading with high speed. Everybody seems to forget that dogehype is just making wolong richer. He is basically the biggest of very few early investors.
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:57:51 AM

Quoting this because it needs to be quoted again.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
rix5 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:02:12 AM

Quoting this because it needs to be quoted again.

did i miss something? what's wrong with it?
ZeroBarrier

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:05:08 AM

lol. i only wanted to point out that it is stupid to even ask that question what the next doge could be since it shows you don't see that doge was manipulated to the place it is in now and didn't grow through the community to the place it is in now. Community came afterwards. Doge was put there with thausands of dollars from a rich sociopath without any taste.
What i am saing is: without wolong the scammer doge would be at the same stage as flappycoin or corgicoin is now because those reflect the true interest of cryptopeople in funnymoney with no innovation.
That all dogecopy-attempts and lookalikes failed miserable just shows that there is really nobody asking for that doge. It is all just an illusion.

The average bitcoiner was male, between 18 and 60 and not interested in dogmemes. So it is quite obvious what happend.
If you google 'doge wolong' this is the first hit:
http://www.dailydot.com/business/wolong-dogecoin-market-control-trader-bitcoin/

in reality there is no demand for such coins. Or at least not such a big one. I don't want to put it down though. It is alright. I assume a lot of honest people are bagholders of doge.
Just stop evangelising that doge. It had no organic growth and was in no way grassroots. It is really just an illusion and the success of that coin is close related to how many can be lured into buying into those high prices.

when it comes to fedora:
i just bought it because it was very low and under value overall. I like buying low and selling high. I don't see doge as under value and i also see no entry for me into that coin because it is actualy over value right now. I think what stirrs me up so much is that coindesk is pushing that doge so much and telling people to put money on an overvalued coin. Their last article clearly had an impact on dogemarkets. Maybe that's why i made this thread. Now doge is lower than before that article. So everybody who bought into the doge-coindesk-pump was loosing if they were not daytrading with high speed.

Everything you just said is easily discredited when you look at DOGE's 24 hr. volume, which is over $1.5 million; which is only eclipsed by BTC ($58 million) and LTC ($18 million). The volume easily tells us that there are a lot of people asking for DOGE, trading DOGE and using DOGE every single day. TIPS on the other hand has a mediocre $12 thousand 24 hr. volume; that's really pathetic in comparison.

I'm not saying TIPS is worthless or that DOGE should be worth more; I'm simply stating that the 24 hr. volume alone proves that people do want DOGE, that they do trade DOGE and that they do use DOGE. And regardless of what it started as, it's become a completely different coin. We all know that DOGE started off nothing more than a silly joke, but now anyone caught with their pants down thinking that DOGE is still a joke will just humped by a shibe as the DOGE community continues to use DOGE as an actual currency by tipping, buying, trading and donating to charity.

I still can't rap my head around the people who seem to hate DOGE just because they think they are better or the think their coin is better or more professional than a coin that started it's life as just a meme. Wake the fuck up, it's used more as a currency than hundreds of other cryptos out there; that plus it's strong and dedicated community should be reason enough to take it seriously.
rix5 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:13:50 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 08:24:19 AM by rix5

yeah, a lot of advertising was done for it.
The fact remains: you make only wolong richer. Early investors are not so many.
the proof is corgicoin which is a nice lookalike/copycat and it is really cute. It had a tradevolume of 110$ last 24h
catcoin (first lookalike to jump on the dogetrain) 311$ volume
that's the real demand for doge-like coins i guess
doge is just marketing and wolong. Not much more.
I don't 'hate' doge. I just won't buy it.
Reddcoin would be a nice communitycoin with a broad base of early investors i was told. I would prefer that. It is also cheap right now.
ZeroBarrier

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:49:17 AM

yeah, a lot of advertising was done for it.
The fact remains: you make only wolong richer. Early investors are not so many.
the proof is corgicoin which is a nice lookalike/copycat and it is really cute. It had a tradevolume of 110$ last 24h
catcoin (first lookalike to jump on the dogetrain) 311$ volume
that's the real demand for doge-like coins i guess
doge is just marketing and wolong. Not much more.
I don't 'hate' doge. I just won't buy it.
Reddcoin would be a nice communitycoin with a broad base of early investors i was told. I would prefer that. It is also cheap right now.

Wolong has nothing to do with DOGE any longer, so bringing him up over and over is completely irrelevant. Whether he has DOGE or not is also completely irrelevant as it's pretty apparent that he isn't pumping it to any degree; not to mention he can choose to pump anything else as well. Are you going to just trow away your TIPS if Wolong decides to pump that turd?

Don't lump DOGE and doge-like together. It's absolutely crystal clear to anyone with even two brain cells to rub together that DOGE is it's own unique monster and everything else based on a meme right now is just another fucking clone/shit coin. The real demand for doge-like coins might be crap, but then again so is the demand for TIPS which you support; but the demand for DOGE itself is a force to be reckoned with.

So DOGE is nothing more than marketing and Wolong? DOGE's $1,682,826 24 hr. volume would disagree with your opinion.

I'll quote myself in hopes that you'll read and understand it this time.

Wake the fuck up, it's used more as a currency than hundreds of other cryptos out there; that plus it's strong and dedicated community should be reason enough to take it seriously.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:06:31 AM

talk to me when Tigerdirect or Overstock accept Doge coins as payment otherwise fuck off with the retard meme crap bs kids..

and hey look at the price of Bitcoin lately..
you think Dipshit Reddit brats are helping the scene by trying to get creative throwing up dummy services ?
Which by the way has been going on with all altcoins all along.. it's a classic routine of trying to legitimize a scam coin.
You Doge losers are making Bitcoin go down in value i am convinced.. you can only put the blame on China so much guys lol

all i have to do is pick a random non-crypto web site and go look at the comments people make on them to see what is going in IN REALITY
that says it all right there.. all the bagholders hype in the world won't change reality (as seen in BTC market prices right now)
you losers are ruining it for us all.. scummy people doing it all for greed.

You shouldn't be supporting a ridiculous meme coin in the first place it's as simple as that.. there is no excuse.

FUD first & ask questions later™
ZeroBarrier

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:22:37 PM

Spoetnik, sometimes you prove yourself to be very smart, and then other times (such as right now) you prove you can be absolutely fucking stupid. I mean seriously, down right mentally retarded or just so blinded by hate you can't even see your nose right in front of your face.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:32:35 PM

DOGE is a screaming buy right now, just got some more. I predict that in 2014 DOGE will reach Litecoin's marketcap. That won't happen before summer, because both are tied to Bitcoin, and Bitcoin shouldn't start the bullish trend before summer. But summer and time after that is going to be interesting, so keep stacking, DOGE won't be cheaper than now any time soon. 90-100 satoshi is where the bears will be crushed.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: