Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:25:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: That 'feeling' - That urgent feeling  (Read 2442 times)
Rogozhin (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:04:32 AM

Anyone get that feeling when a market is topping in euphoria or bottoming in despair?

I got that feeling at $225 during the April bubble, at $60 when it flash crashed, at $150 again at the rebound and at the $80 during the capitulation. It's that urgent type of feeling, a vous-devez type of obligation to act. When it's a euphoric tops, it's an alarming sensation of "You MUST buy in!! NOW!" and at bottoms it's a "Last chance to sell! Do it!" kind of heart-pounding focus. In retrospect it's obvious which trade is right but I usually end up making the exact opposite trade.

I'm getting that feeling right now. Anyone else?
uhoh

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:09:27 AM

Those are usually the times you should sit on your hands and do nothing. Just IMO.

"Be greedy when others are fearful" - Warren Buffett
marvinrouge

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:12:28 AM

Me too. My brain think we are close to the bottom but I feel I would be more secure if I would sell.. in case it drops to 200s

(I usually solve the problem by selling just 1 or 2 "symbolic" BTCs)

The next step is "cancel all my buy orders" Lips sealed
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:38:48 AM

If Chinese money starts leaving bitcoin, we could be heading back to pre-November 2013 levels. In a way it's good for bitcoin, not so much for speculators though.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:45:15 AM

If Chinese money starts leaving bitcoin, we could be heading back to pre-November 2013 levels. In a way it's good for bitcoin, not so much for speculators though.

China is old news.
People in Denmark can trade BTC and legally pay no taxes.

I never get That urgent feeling at bottoms, I always know buying is the right move.
At tops I sometimes want to buy after a small dip

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:08:03 AM

China is old news.
People in Denmark can trade BTC and legally pay no taxes.

I never get That urgent feeling at bottoms, I always know buying is the right move.
At tops I sometimes want to buy after a small dip

I imagine the Chinese have a lot more money invested in BTC compared to the Danes.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:11:09 AM

Just trade with the trend and don't try to call exact bottoms or exact tops - or you will get killed eventually.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:17:57 AM

We are usually at the bottom when I get the feeling that I should sell for easy profit. I currently don't have such feeling but I'm starting to think towards that direction already.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
SportsBet

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:37:24 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 08:29:16 AM by SportsBet

Those are usually the times you should sit on your hands and do nothing. Just IMO.

"Be greedy when others are fearful" - Warren Buffett

Im gonna preface this with the fact that Im not Buffet's biggest fan and I do disagree with him on BTC.

However:

"Stay away from bitcoin" - Warren Buffett
paulifa123

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:43:52 AM

Well I'm getting the urge to buy, last chance before it explodes, but I have no money left from feeling the same and buying at 480 a couple of days ago!!!  Cheesy

xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:10:23 AM

Yeah... I have the urgent feeling that I should be buying. Too bad I don't have any fiat. Angry

All I have is bitcoins Cheesy

(and I have intense jealousy of those who are in a position to put in a few thousand $ right now)

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:15:52 AM

it's been a depression times ... I am just moved all my btc to cold store, and now I am listen minecraft soundtrack ...  I will check the prices again on second half 2014 ... in the mean while I'm get into the source code and protocol to get more technical knowledge ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 10:33:31 AM

Anyone get that feeling when a market is topping in euphoria or bottoming in despair?

I got that feeling at $225 during the April bubble, at $60 when it flash crashed, at $150 again at the rebound and at the $80 during the capitulation. It's that urgent type of feeling, a vous-devez type of obligation to act. When it's a euphoric tops, it's an alarming sensation of "You MUST buy in!! NOW!" and at bottoms it's a "Last chance to sell! Do it!" kind of heart-pounding focus. In retrospect it's obvious which trade is right but I usually end up making the exact opposite trade.

I'm getting that feeling right now. Anyone else?

Nope, I dont trade after my feelings. You should not either. Your feelings will just get in the way of your brain making the right decission.
I bought a while back when the price was a little higher, but my system told me so and I backtested it thoroughly.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:34:34 AM

I know exactly what you mean. Every time I thought it is the end, it went up rapidly. That feeling when you think, this time its different, this time it wont go up. And it will go way more down. It is the end. And fear gets mixed with panic. But every time I HODL and made no loss till now. Lets see how it works out this time.
1Pakis

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:37:01 AM

Yeah... I have the urgent feeling that I should be buying. Too bad I don't have any fiat. Angry

All I have is bitcoins Cheesy

(and I have intense jealousy of those who are in a position to put in a few thousand $ right now)
Send your BTC to bitfinex and go long with leverage.

Tips are welcome at this address 18DVZkpSwmejPjekX3QMKvRRtR8Bfx65LN.
TERA

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:38:22 AM

How could it possibly be the end when the largest Chinese exchanges are still accepting CNY? (only a couple small ones have shut it down)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 11:25:52 AM

I really want to buy more but I usually wait and buy on panics.

I have not seen any major panics yet.

Huobi and/or BTCChina going down may cause a panic. Then you will see the floor.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
TERA

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:33:24 AM

Here's what the 'floor' looked like, last time we had a REAL 'final capitulation', which involved a supercycle and a 1W EMA downcross. Notice the famous 'titty pattern' of a double bottom both with very high volume and the second bottom actually has larger volume than the first bottom.

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:14:01 PM

Everyday on Coindesk there's news about investments in new bitcoin ventures.
You know what the next step will be? Investment in Bitcoin itself. That's why smart people are funding the infrastructure surrounding it first, so it will be able to survive and stay stable after the next upward price explosion. And it might be coming very soon Smiley
TERA

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:31:29 PM

I'm tired of all this talk about 'investments'. Bitcoin's value is supposed to come from people using it with some type of decentralized currency model. It's not a stock. It doesn't really even need any of this 'infrastructure', theoretically, if people actually used it is a decentralized currency in a complete bitcoin ecnomy. The fact that people insist on pegging btc to fiat and conducting all their business with fiat is the reason why btc needs all this infrastructure and is also the reason why btc isn't very popular and doesn't have a higher value.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: