Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:09:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: That 'feeling' - That urgent feeling  (Read 2442 times)
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:39:39 PM

I'm tired of all this talk about 'investments'. Bitcoin's value is supposed to come from people using it with some type of decentralized currency model. It's not a stock. It doesn't really even need any of this 'infrastructure', theoretically, if people actually used it is a decentralized currency in a complete bitcoin ecnomy. The fact that people insist on pegging btc to fiat and conducting all their business with fiat is the reason why btc needs all this infrastructure and is also the reason why btc isn't very popular and doesn't have a higher value.

We'll always need trustworthy exchanges, won't we? And tools like bitfinex, and secure wallets, and payment processors that allow businesses a better gestion of their sales in BTC, are not in any way detrimential to the decentralized nature of Bitcoin.

It's irrealist to think businesses will take to risk to go full Bitcoin. Many like Overstock are keeping a percentage of the Bitcoins they get, and I think that it's a great start, and that this percentage will get bigger in the future as trust in Bitcoin augment.
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:29:56 PM

Yeah... I have the urgent feeling that I should be buying. Too bad I don't have any fiat. Angry

All I have is bitcoins Cheesy

(and I have intense jealousy of those who are in a position to put in a few thousand $ right now)
Send your BTC to bitfinex and go long with leverage.

eh, I don't have much experience with such things, and I don't think I will ever trust any third party with any significant amount of BTC anyway.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:16:10 PM

There is 10K wall at 400 on stamp, not sure if it will hold, but I see the selling is drying up...
It could of course change and we go through to $350 but I think we'll spin around 400 and go back up...IMHO of course

Shorting it now is kinda risky, it can reverse in a flash taking all your stops.

People that trade based on 'walls' always get owned. Trade based on 'trends' instead if you want to profit.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:54:28 PM

I'm tired of all this talk about 'investments'. Bitcoin's value is supposed to come from people using it with some type of decentralized currency model. It's not a stock.

You've gotta be kidding, right TERA?  Says the quintessential "Voracious Day Trader"? 

Sorry to pick on you, I know you're a smart guy.  I'm just getting really tired of all the hypocrisy going on in this subforum lately.
Rogozhin (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:35:14 AM

We are usually at the bottom when I get the feeling that I should sell for easy profit. I currently don't have such feeling but I'm starting to think towards that direction already.

Yeah every time I pull out the calculator and start thinking "How much can I still make it out with if I dump now" it's always retrospectively within a week from the bottom...

I just pulled my calculator out 2 days ago
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:28:34 AM

I've heard a few stories about 'The million dollar Bitcoin' lately, does anyone really believe that?

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
SportsBet

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:37:54 AM

Everyday on Coindesk there's news about investments in new bitcoin ventures.
You know what the next step will be? Investment in Bitcoin itself. That's why smart people are funding the infrastructure surrounding it first, so it will be able to survive and stay stable after the next upward price explosion. And it might be coming very soon Smiley

On the last CoinSummit Chamath Palihapitiya advocated for investing in bitcoin rather than in bitcoin startups.
His fund owns over 100k coins and are buying more.

You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV5ubkGQUes
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:39:45 AM

I've heard a few stories about 'The million dollar Bitcoin' lately, does anyone really believe that?

About as much as people believed the $1,000 Bitcoin at $1.
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:57:04 AM

I think it's a general belief that there are scenarios where this is *possible*. Whether actually happens or not, who knows? But keep a coupla BTC in cold storage just in case Wink

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:30:23 AM

Everyday on Coindesk there's news about investments in new bitcoin ventures.
You know what the next step will be? Investment in Bitcoin itself. That's why smart people are funding the infrastructure surrounding it first, so it will be able to survive and stay stable after the next upward price explosion. And it might be coming very soon Smiley

Yes from what I have seen there is a really thriving bitcoin business industry
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: