Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your end game if BTC crashes overnight?  (Read 4062 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:35:21 AM

Well... we have waited for 4 years (from 2010 to 2014) for the BTC to reach $1,000 from $0.001. Why can't we wait for 4 more years?
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:36:34 AM

It's not the end of BTC, but indeed the recent events should prompt to diversify a bit.
A good way is to do like the venture capitalists do: invest a bit everywhere you can feel some real potential.
Just follow them on twitter: they are generally quite loud about their investment decisions because it's in their best interest to rally investors around businesses they have seeded. These guys have a very acute instinct when it comes to hand picking legit businesses with high potential and they have access to minute details of founders identities and whereabouts.
" These Guys"  LOL I know a lot of them, they drink more than I do! Yeah, Listen & do what they do, We'll help you when your homeless, just a bit LOL  Grin
Ok guys, jesse11 is a name in the valley, and if he tells you venture capitalists are losers who end up drinking cheap table wine under a bridge in San Jose, you bet he rests his case. So do *not* follow venture capitalists or you would end up in misery like Marc Andreessen, you have been warned.

You spoke of Marc Andreessen, a American entrepreneur, investor, software engineer, and multi-millionaire and co-founder of Netscape Communications Corporation. You say he is in misery? Bad Dog! LOL

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony
jesse11

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Ants Rock

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:37:58 AM

It's not the end of BTC, but indeed the recent events should prompt to diversify a bit.
A good way is to do like the venture capitalists do: invest a bit everywhere you can feel some real potential.
Just follow them on twitter: they are generally quite loud about their investment decisions because it's in their best interest to rally investors around businesses they have seeded. These guys have a very acute instinct when it comes to hand picking legit businesses with high potential and they have access to minute details of founders identities and whereabouts.
" These Guys"  LOL I know a lot of them, they drink more than I do! Yeah, Listen & do what they do, We'll help you when your homeless, just a bit LOL  Grin
Ok guys, jesse11 is a name in the valley, and if he tells you venture capitalists are losers who end up drinking cheap table wine under a bridge in San Jose, you bet he rests his case. So do *not* follow venture capitalists or you would end up in misery like Marc Andreessen, you have been warned.

You spoke of Marc Andreessen, a American entrepreneur, investor, software engineer, and multi-millionaire and co-founder of Netscape Communications Corporation. You say he is in misery? Bad Dog! LOL

LLOOOLLL  Grin

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
epere

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:39:37 AM

i bought more overnight. Grin

jesse11

Ants Rock

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:41:54 AM

Good for you epere, now just hang on to them & wait  Grin

magnet007

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:46:02 AM

is it the right time to buy btc?
Any advice?

acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:48:14 AM

LOL this looks like a Ripple pump/promo in disguise. A lot of people sure seem to have an interest in selling Ripple, rather than letting people figure its worth on its own merit as happened with Bitcoin.

Thankfully, it looks like Open Transactions will completely negate the need for Ripple.
jesse11

Ants Rock

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:49:46 AM

Any advice?

Should I say Doh or Dohhhhh   LOOOLLLL

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:54:52 AM

If bitcoin dies all other crypto currencies will die including ripple.
Yep. People just don't get it... no one would ever trust a crypto again.

Not that this is even a remote possibility.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:17:22 AM

bitcoin does not crash overnight.  If it gets to under $50 I will sell my house and buy what I can.  Fundamentally nothing has changed.  The banks are still corrupt.  They still remain printing fiat to the point of worthlessness.  I own 50% bitcoin 50% altcoin.  
You sound smart. Which altcoins have you diversified into?

My contribution to thread: Dead dollar walking. Every American should watch this.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:52:45 AM

ask Richard Branson or or o ror ororororororooror

answer ? buy more..

Ripple ? ROFL

edit:
i just looked and it hit $410 now by the way guys..

edit 2:
and i also just logged into Cryptsy and looked at my saved alts and like the last 24 hrs i checked they are down again
i had 1.05 BTC worth i mostly bought about 2 weeks ago and its at 0.69 now while the coins i mine and add seem to make no difference ..down down down down down we go

there is sooooo much dumping going on the buyers can't keep up we're still sinking like a fucking rock Sad
I have lost a savage fuck load of money last couple months Sad

FUD first & ask questions later™
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 10:59:27 AM

. I've watched this market for about 2 years and it has never done this. When it would crash before it would jump right back. Now it's just a steady decline, followed by a steep decline, followed by more steady decline.  Sad

Sounds like the last half of 2011, when Bitcoin was driven from $25 in July or so to $2 by the end of the year. The driver for that collapse was Mt. Gox being hacked. What a surprise.  Roll Eyes

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:10:18 AM

Any advice?

i think it will go lower, 200-300 range
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 11:10:56 AM

and i also just logged into Cryptsy and looked at my saved alts and like the last 24 hrs i checked they are down again
i had 1.05 BTC worth i mostly bought about 2 weeks ago and its at 0.69 now while the coins i mine and add seem to make no difference ..down down down down down we go

I'm down a fair bit myself, but I'm not sweating it. Trying to pick the precise bottom is a fool's errand, anyway.

But it does have an effect on the nerves. If you buy in thinking you've hit the bottom only to see the thing fall further, it primes you to "relief sell" when it recovers instead of riding it all the way back up. Lots of people have relief-sold themselves out of huge long-term gains simply because they're edgy from the dark times. I've done so myself with one stock I'll never forget  Wink

That's why I don't really regret not having bought Bitcoin back in July of 2011 when it was $13. Given my inclinations - my limitations, really - I would have rode it all the way down to $2 and cashed out when it rallied up to $20.

That's just part of human nature: it even explains why cults form around highly speculative vehicles. You have to be a bit "culty-minded" to hold on for the long term when your reflexes tell you that a bird in the hand is worth X in the bush.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:57:02 AM

Any advice?

if its going like this then I will be crush badly and cannot survive for long time  Sad

BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:10:55 PM

hahaha xD

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:05:56 PM

Well I dont know what makes me happier? Is it a 10 000$ bitcoin or a 1$ bitcoin?

dustint

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:48:46 PM

Bitcoin will have downward pressure until the middle of the month then it will start its rebound.  Now is a good time to start averaging back in.
g4c

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:50:53 PM

Any advice?

@Amph,

I think you are wrong, Of course I am not 100% certain of this, but I am sure enough to wager you:

Care to place a bet on this sir?

We can use an escrow that we agree upon.

An even money bet:

Min bet size 0.01 BTC

Max bet size 1.00 BTC

If you are BTC poor then we can use cash, I'm flexible:

Min bet size $5 USD

Max bet size $500 USD

we will use this price: https://bitcoinaverage.com/#USD

If Bitcoin price goes <=$300 between now and the 1st June 2014 12:00:00 UTC you get the pot.

If Bitcoin price remains >$300 between now and the 1st June 2014 12:00:00 UTC I get the pot.

you have 7 days to place your bet.

You talk the talk, but will you walk the walk? Kiss

CORTEX7 Multi exchange Bitcoin trading client for Win, Mac, Nix, Android.
bluedude

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:16:43 PM

Bitcoin has a very bright future, so these price fluctuations shouldnt really matter in the long run.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: