Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:40:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I left BTC  (Read 3337 times)
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:35:56 PM

Despair.

Yet another sign we are close to the bottom of this bubble collapse cycle. A sad fact of the Bitcoin Economy's trajectory to completely replace the existing financial infrastructure is the repeated bubble phenomenon. 10x more new investors enter during the mania phase of the bubble. How many can withstand a drop of 75% from peak to trough?

Back in the summer of 2011, it was the worst. We saw prices go from 32 to 3 in successive painful capitulations. I expect that future bubble collapses will not be as painful as the past, when US retirement funds, pension funds, and other long-term wealth get allocated to future Bitcoin exchange traded funds.

As for me, I will be making another visit to my local Robocoin ATM, happily stuffing some fiat bills into it for what I think is bargain priced coin.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:37:42 PM

BTC is up today, by tomorrow we could have a confirmed Rally!

if a stock doesn't give you any profit for 3 months it is unlikely it will give you profit over the course of the year, so consider to sell

That is literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Sorry.

Your are not alone.

I would like to be alone now, bye.  Smiley

bqxpd

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:56:06 PM

You lost me at "Why I..."

Ever notice every online forum, regardless of topic, is stricken with these hopelessly narcissistic "Why I..." posts about the poster having some revelation about how the subject at hand is bullshit and the other forum users are all fools? It's like the format just forces a certain personality type to want to make these kinds of declarations.

1enUo5AVqwx4LradGPimKJAvV5gzK1Z3g
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:13:05 PM

I'm personally curious how the stock market is working out for the OP.  I assume you then took the funds you had in Crypto and invested in the stock market and made a fortune?
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:25:17 PM

Its good that weak hands slowly get filtered out.   Less volatility, and strong hands "stash" becomes worth that much more.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: