Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:25:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *INFORMATIVE* NobleCoin Founder addresses "The State of Alt Cryptocurrency."  (Read 10636 times)
miKnutty (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:13:28 PM

The document amazed a number of my friends not involved in NOBL... Good sign!

Indeed, a great read.

Anyway, I expect very broad range of reactions .... from applause and bows, through meaningful silence, to open attacks and even fury.

A funny idea came to me now — this document should be available to the newcomers on every new ANN thread with every new coin.
As an informative guide.

Then, if the dev team removes that post... or react otherwise, the crowd would know a little bit more about that particular dev team and about possible scenarios for that particular coin.

+1 Smiley

Haha that's an interesting idea now isn't it?
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:24:35 PM

Haha, I also think (edit: seriously) I should change my signature into something NOT indicating I'm a Noble supporter.

This is not the first time that people judge us only because of the sigs.

Ideas?

I love "Such WOW" but is not very informative Wink

Uponnothing

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:31:26 PM

Well worth a read (even if I am currently mining Noble).

As a reasonably new person on the Crypto scene I wish this had been available before I invested money into hardware.

I just hope enough people read this so that the scene settles down behind some solid coins with honest devs, rather than jumping from one scam coin to the next, which rarely benefits the individual miner but does allow a few individuals the chance to make a lot of money.
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:37:12 PM

Well worth a read (even if I am currently mining Noble).

As a reasonably new person on the Crypto scene I wish this had been available before I invested money into hardware.

I just hope enough people read this so that the scene settles down behind some solid coins with honest devs, rather than jumping from one scam coin to the next, which rarely benefits the individual miner but does allow a few individuals the chance to make a lot of money.

Hear hear. It's def worth a read, especially if it helps people new to the scene choose a worthwhile coin to support, doesn't have to be Noble, just not a scam or pump n dump.
whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:44:56 PM

I'm excited to read through it. I probably won't be able to get to it for another week or two thanks to work and finals, but it's high up on my priority list.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:51:41 PM

28 pages is a little long to read.

Hopefully in this PDF, the Noblecoin guy mentions somewhere that every single Litecoin clone (ie: same hashing algo) except Litecoin itself, and Dogecoin, is going straight to 0 if he wants to be truthful, and even Dogecoin isn't that safe.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:56:30 PM

The document amazed a number of my friends not involved in NOBL... Good sign!

Indeed, a great read.

Anyway, I expect very broad range of reactions .... from applause and bows, through meaningful silence, to open attacks and even fury.

A funny idea came to me now — this document should be available to the newcomers on every new ANN thread with every new coin.
As an informative guide.

Then, if the dev team removes that post... or react otherwise, the crowd would know a little bit more about that particular dev team and about possible scenarios for that particular coin.

+1 Smiley

Haha that's an interesting idea now isn't it?

Yes it is indeed, but idea is only idea - steps must be taken! Smiley
Polobyxa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:57:13 PM

I for one see myself as a newcomer in the scene of cryptos, and I would've loved to had this kind of "introduction" available some moths ago.

I highly recommend everyone to read this document.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:09:31 PM

Good document overall. I spotted a couple of typos and such, but overall it was a nice job.

I have a small amount of Noble, but don't really have high hopes it'll ever amount to much. Strangely I see the Noble Marketplace doing a lot better than the coin will.
james6546

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:19:49 PM

Hopefully in this PDF, the Noblecoin guy mentions somewhere that every single Litecoin clone (ie: same hashing algo) except Litecoin itself, and Dogecoin, is going straight to 0 if he wants to be truthful, and even Dogecoin isn't that safe.

Why? Because they were there first? Who says that Doge or Litecoin won't go the same as Worldcoin?

It is all this negativity that this document is trying to stop. It doesn't help anyone, especially the altcoin arena as a whole.

We all just need to get on and accept each coins individual merits if we are going to get through this, because even Bitcoin isn't immune.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:27:43 PM

Why? Because they were there first?

Because common sense?  A clone of the original that offers nothing new will not be regarded pleasantly by anyone.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
james6546

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:39:02 PM

Because common sense?  A clone of the original that offers nothing new will not be regarded pleasantly by anyone.

But surely a coin should be evaluated on all of its merits, rather than just technical ones?

There have been plenty of coins that whilst being a technically sound idea, e.g. quark, but without the community and new ideas they have come to nothing.

Read the document, it will make some things clear.

Edit: and yes I know that makes me sound like a preacher
miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:13:07 PM

Because common sense?  A clone of the original that offers nothing new will not be regarded pleasantly by anyone.

But surely a coin should be evaluated on all of its merits, rather than just technical ones?

There have been plenty of coins that whilst being a technically sound idea, e.g. quark, but without the community and new ideas they have come to nothing.

Read the document, it will make some things clear.

Edit: and yes I know that makes me sound like a preacher

Feedback both positive and negative are always nice to see, it sparks some good debates Cheesy I think what Noble is doing differently is creating a surrounding ecosystem for the coin to be used for more than just trading on the open market for a profit or loss. You can see it with the marketplace and the growing list of merchants adopting NOBL as an individual currency. This is allowing holders to purchase products online with NOBL like you would with the USD. Once the marketplace is out of beta with full features such as allowing users to buy/sell their own items with the crypto currency of their choosing, you will see communities built between coins to benefit each other as well as NobleCoin.(12% discount when buying items with NOBL will entice users to exchange their BTC to NOBL before purchasing, ultimately driving the demand for NOBL upwards hopefully affecting the price in a positive manner)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:21:47 PM

Very nice! Been waiting for this and will read it all when I have time! Smiley
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:01:12 PM

Because common sense?  A clone of the original that offers nothing new will not be regarded pleasantly by anyone.
I have to disagree with this in general. I think that there will always be a demand for a "alternatives" for various reasons. Whether it be market competition, personal appeal, or varying “utility,” I can see room for many different coins.

Even for coins that share the same algorithm, in terms of a market space, it seems that there will always be places for them. Sure we can make the argument that it purposelessly fragments the market, but market fragmentation is pretty much a given in so many different things and it seems to work just fine. (We could additionally get into issues about the perceptions of monopolization and so forth, but that can be saved for some other time.)

That said, from a security standpoint and aside from merged mining, it’s pointless to have more than one coin running the same algorithm without some sort of “exterior” defense from attacks. So serious consideration must be made in this regard.

As a side note, 28 pages is not really all that much. Hell, during university there were times I would have to read upwards of a 100+ pages a day. In my current work, myself and many of my peers have to read documents of tens of thousands of words.
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:10:28 AM

I think that this quote would look very attractive on the landing page of Noblemovement, or maybe on a poster.

What Differentiates Noblecoin?
[...] what Noble is doing differently is creating a surrounding ecosystem for the coin to be used for more than just trading on the open market for a profit or loss. You can see it with the marketplace and the growing list of merchants adopting NOBL as an individual currency. This is allowing holders to purchase products online with NOBL like you would with the USD. Once the marketplace is out of beta with full features such as allowing users to buy/sell their own items with the crypto currency of their choosing, you will see communities built between coins to benefit each other as well as NobleCoin. (12% discount when buying items with NOBL will entice users to exchange their BTC to NOBL before purchasing, ultimately driving the demand for NOBL upwards hopefully affecting the price in a positive manner).

It's the essence of one of Noble's strong points Smiley
luckycoin1

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:48:54 AM

reading now Smiley I know it'll be good since Rofo is involved
miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:44:59 AM

I think that this quote would look very attractive on the landing page of Noblemovement, or maybe on a poster.

What Differentiates Noblecoin?
[...] what Noble is doing differently is creating a surrounding ecosystem for the coin to be used for more than just trading on the open market for a profit or loss. You can see it with the marketplace and the growing list of merchants adopting NOBL as an individual currency. This is allowing holders to purchase products online with NOBL like you would with the USD. Once the marketplace is out of beta with full features such as allowing users to buy/sell their own items with the crypto currency of their choosing, you will see communities built between coins to benefit each other as well as NobleCoin. (12% discount when buying items with NOBL will entice users to exchange their BTC to NOBL before purchasing, ultimately driving the demand for NOBL upwards hopefully affecting the price in a positive manner).

It's the essence of one of Noble's strong points Smiley

I'll talk to Rofo about it!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4915

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:45:29 AM

These coins have generally fallen slightly from grace due to the prevalence of scam community coins in February, a greater attention to new algorithms and technical specifications, as well as the Mt Gox and BTC dramas we saw earlier in the year causing a downward trend on prices that many are currently unable to recover from.

I've gotten this far and this needs a rewrite. I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow unless someone else would like to expound and elaborate on this.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
poncom

Activity: 318

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:51:23 AM

I found this a really useful read and I encourage everyone who is new to the alt coin scene to check it out.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: