Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:58:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *INFORMATIVE* NobleCoin Founder addresses "The State of Alt Cryptocurrency."  (Read 10632 times)
miKnutty (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:43:01 AM

Just a response to this, regarding the pump and dumps, you may want to include the elements of liquidity impacting the severity of a pump. Properly planned illiquidity ends ups burning both miners and early buyers on a “larger” exchange. One of the more common examples of this is how certain coins strategically limit initial liquidity and follow it up with a quick initial pump when released on a “larger” exchange. This is usually followed up with an increased release of coins (due to increased liquidity as everyone tries to get in on the initial sells), and a lot of these people end up selling it for amounts significantly lower than the first spike. This is usually when a pumper can buy back in for a much lower price. From here a second much more prolonged spike occurs in which the pumper strategically sells the remainder of the coins. In terms of market manipulation, the first wave burns the miners and the second wave burns the buyers who think they’re “getting a good deal.”

Additionally, as a follow up to major market price setting, there are also lots of back-alley deals that occur in the crypto-currency world still yet and there is a lot of buying that happens not on an exchange. However, that said, it seems that this current wave of alt-coins are mostly done via the more “normal” channels as a lot of the profiteering space has been fragmented by relative “newcomers.” A lot of the more massive manipulation has drifted back to being done with more established coins as it gets more and more difficult to do this with a new coin because of various factors (trust being one of the biggest factors). There were a few that happened with this wave, but proportionally speaking, it wasn’t as much as the waves in the middle of 2013 or during 2012.

Well said brother.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
murkster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 09:19:38 AM

It really fries me try8ng to keep up with the scams and schemes.

If the skills and knowledge where used for actual support of a coin it would go places....

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:51:53 PM

More information for readers to come!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:03:47 PM

Can't wait! Smiley
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:48:10 PM

Thanks!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:32:04 AM

2.5k views, deserves atleast 10k views!

Agreed! Keeping this up top on the forum so everyone has a look!
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:35:20 AM

The document will also soon be expanded to include an even deeper understanding of the behind-the-scenes of the crypto-world.
Another example of why Noble is the way to go... SSL but found, 24 hours later the team has an updated wallet. I'm telling you, Noblecoin is the way to go!
Monetizer

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:43:20 PM

A very interesting read indeed. I actually look forward to many waves of currencies coming out, each one usually brings new things to the table. For example many new algorithms have popped up as a result of the many coins being released everyday.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 04:19:35 PM

A very interesting read indeed. I actually look forward to many waves of currencies coming out, each one usually brings new things to the table. For example many new algorithms have popped up as a result of the many coins being released everyday.

Yeah...it's clear that the bursting of the altcoin bubble has led to more would-be devs trying to differentiate their coin by real coding work, in some cases by coding a completely new protocol from scratch. The days of easy money from clonecoins are over, at least for now. If enough real devs get in to the IPO game, they'll raise the bar and set a de facto standard that all IPOs will be expected to meet. Unfortunately, this'll have the unintended consequence of scams whose con artists use silver-tongued words that promise innovations with no intent to deliver. But as more and more scams play out, there'll be more and more red flags that'll show the "mark" of an iffy project. More and more, the scam-warners will be able to explain why a project is dubious instead of just shouting "scam!" That's what having a real database of scams and swindles lets us do.

And also, any real dev will feel more pressure to differentiate himself from the scams and crapcoins by adding real innovations and/or a solid marketing plan. Even, mirable dictu, spending a couple of weeks testnetting before bringing his great idea to the Announcements subforum.  Wink

In the post-bubble atmosphere, the IPO bar really is being raised.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:16:25 AM

The document will also soon be expanded to include an even deeper understanding of the behind-the-scenes of the crypto-world.
Another example of why Noble is the way to go... SSL but found, 24 hours later the team has an updated wallet. I'm telling you, Noblecoin is the way to go!

Agreed everything is being done right with NobleCoin. How long can it be ignored?
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:21:48 AM

More and more, the scam-warners will be able to explain why a project is dubious instead of just shouting "scam!" That's what having a real database of scams and swindles lets us do.

Oh yeah, the real database is the way to go. The problem is "anonymity" that every dev can come back under new nickname and have "clean account". I don't really see any way to track persons and their identities....
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 08:07:43 PM

More and more, the scam-warners will be able to explain why a project is dubious instead of just shouting "scam!" That's what having a real database of scams and swindles lets us do.

Oh yeah, the real database is the way to go. The problem is "anonymity" that every dev can come back under new nickname and have "clean account". I don't really see any way to track persons and their identities....

Yeah, but even anonymous people like that have "behaviour patterns", as the cops used to say. The more experience with scams we have, the more evident those behaviour patterns will be in real time when the next scam gets rollin'.

Myself, I'm more finicky than most here: I tend to hoard the word "scam" like some people hoard their cybers  Smiley For someone like me, it would be good to see a breakdown between "scam," "flaky," "Utopian/unrealistic," "accident waiting to happen," "flash in the pan," "bad investment" and so on. But for now, "scam" has gotta do.

miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:03:30 PM

Yeah its tough sometimes to decipher a scam, but I usually look to see if they are a trusted member of the bit coin talk community, brand new accounts are big hint number one.
miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:10:54 PM

Back to the top
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:30:54 PM

As a theoretical case study let’s take the recent ‘action’ by disgruntled LTC miners to attempt to hard-fork LTC to the X11 algorithm. Were it made official or even successful and LTC retained its current value then we could expect to see ASIC development to tackle X11 algorithms much sooner. What then, another hard-fork? Any algorithm that grows to sufficient value and acceptance will draw ASIC development. It’s the next stage of a coins algorithms technological, social and value evolution, unfortunately not something you can run from forever.

Rofo, I would like to argue this bolded point. I believe you have come to this conclusion without considering all the facts.

I would argue that a coin that hard forks when a ASIC is created will become ASIC safe because It takes much more time effort and capitol to create an ASIC than to hard fork. Therefore once a coin shows it has the desire and the will to morph away from an ASIC then ASIC development will stop as the ASIC developers will not reach ROI and will either quit or move to another algorithm. That is a matter of economics.

The first coin that does this will set a precedent and a model that could make ASIC a thing of the past. As LTC was supposed to be (originally cpu only) it really should be the first coin to do this. But it is obvious the Will is not there and LTC will become just another alt that in my opinion will stagnate with time into oblivion. This last statement is my opinion and lets not get sidetracked on that argument.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:50:31 PM

As a theoretical case study let’s take the recent ‘action’ by disgruntled LTC miners to attempt to hard-fork LTC to the X11 algorithm. Were it made official or even successful and LTC retained its current value then we could expect to see ASIC development to tackle X11 algorithms much sooner. What then, another hard-fork? Any algorithm that grows to sufficient value and acceptance will draw ASIC development. It’s the next stage of a coins algorithms technological, social and value evolution, unfortunately not something you can run from forever.

Rofo, I would like to argue this bolded point. I believe you have come to this conclusion without considering all the facts.

I would argue that a coin that hard forks when a ASIC is created will become ASIC safe because It takes much more time effort and capitol to create an ASIC than to hard fork. Therefore once a coin shows it has the desire and the will to morph away from an ASIC then ASIC development will stop as the ASIC developers will not reach ROI and will either quit or move to another algorithm. That is a matter of economics.

The first coin that does this will set a precedent and a model that could make ASIC a thing of the past. As LTC was supposed to be (originally cpu only) it really should be the first coin to do this. But it is obvious the Will is not there and LTC will become just another alt that in my opinion will stagnate with time into oblivion. This last statement is my opinion and lets not get sidetracked on that argument.

In in twelve months do you see ASIC's becoming more or less popular Huerisitic?
miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:38:55 AM

back to the top for the people who still haven't read it!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:16:31 AM

gimme a break.. you guys paid people to make meme's as a giveaway, when giveaways are against the rules.
never mind the fact that meme's are dumb and childish and you want to put a SERIOUS little lecture out ? spare me...
i won't even waste my time digging for more your a joke and the scam coin is a joke..
oh and here is the paying people for memes topic from page 3..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555372.0

getting to be quite the little trend now scammers trying to pretend to be all Noble now.. gimme a fucking break
i'm not buying it..

how about don't post scammy clone coins ? has that occurred to you guys ?

-- This message brought to you by the Spoetnik Foundation™ --

FUD first & ask questions later™
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:05:18 AM

gimme a break.. you guys paid people to make meme's as a giveaway, when giveaways are against the rules.
never mind the fact that meme's are dumb and childish and you want to put a SERIOUS little lecture out ? spare me...
i won't even waste my time digging for more your a joke and the scam coin is a joke..
oh and here is the paying people for memes topic from page 3..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555372.0

getting to be quite the little trend now scammers trying to pretend to be all Noble now.. gimme a fucking break
i'm not buying it..

how about don't post scammy clone coins ? has that occurred to you guys ?

-- This message brought to you by the Spoetnik Foundation™ --

If you did any research at all you would know you are talking big crap. The contests were sponsored by the community, not paid by the dev.

Thanks for the bump.
Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 10:27:27 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 10:38:36 AM by Rofo

You can't win with Spoetnik. At first I respected his criticism and speaking out against everyone.

Then he pointed his finger at me, so I listed my personal social media details, Australian Business Number (ABN), CoinPayments feedback, public ledger, and told him he could be the first to have the second-hand dealers license scanned and copied.

He still name-drops us everywhere as an anonymous scammers coin, so I gave up.

The fact I didn't dump the coin when it was worth $100,000+ worth of liquidity didn't seem to help make my case either. *shrug*

Edit: This 'noble trend' started in the first week of January, don't blame us for the fact it's been taken to extremes and used to sucker people in with other coins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: