Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:38:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 15th of April  (Read 2822 times)
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:04:51 PM

I'm totally gonna buy on the 14th. When the 15th comes and people see there's nothing going on the price will go back up.

sacko

Activity: 174
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:05:07 PM

April 14th:  Final price dip  (sell-offs by the remaining few Chinese who'd held out)
April 15th-17th:  Sideways movement (people just watching the market cautiously)
April 18th:  Slow rise (it's safe to re-enter)

May: Back to $600
June: $700
July: $850
Aug: $1000
Sep: $1500
Oct: $2500
Nov: $1000 (after crash)
Dec: $1500

then slow decline back to $1000.

But next July it'll bubble to $5000, before settling back to $2500.

... and so on.
I hope you're a prophet and you are right Wink .. we'll see
He's absolutely right, no doubt. I've checked!
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:08:01 PM

obviously ... china pinged the irs ruling . hmmm... have to wonder why would china do that ??
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:36:52 PM

Can someone enlighten me what is going to happen on that date? Many people talk about it and it seems I missed some important news regarding China.

China will ban Bitcoin, and the BTC Price will drop below $100.

I bet my hot ass, that tomorrow BTC will be < $400.

hmm interested

EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:22:20 PM

A bunch of chinese fud about a Country wide ban. The price is going to drop down to $80 guaranteed.

< 50$ guranteed!
You're too late for fools day with this.

To whoever reads bullshit like the above, just think for a moment. Even if bitcoin was banned in China (it isn't of course) why would the price drop below $100 (where it stayed even before the china boom and before all the recent development like new exchanges, asic chips, investment funds, ATMs)? We won't see $50 ever again, it will either be $200+ or completely gone, replaced by something new.

drippx

Activity: 539

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:44:30 PM

I can predict the future

Currently- the weak will leave and pull everything out

future- the big guns will start pouring there money in till btc reaches 10k

future cont.- the weak who left will want to get back in from the sudden surge and good news but with the slightest drop off the weak will lose hope and start spreading fud till it crashes again and cause a panic sell

rinse and repeat
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:57:39 PM

A bunch of chinese fud about a Country wide ban. The price is going to drop down to $80 guaranteed.

< 50$ guranteed!

To whoever reads bullshit like the above, just think for a moment. Even if bitcoin was banned in China (it isn't of course) why would the price drop below $100 (where it stayed even before the china boom and before all the recent development like new exchanges, asic chips, investment funds, ATMs)? We won't see $50 ever again, it will either be $200+ or completely gone, replaced by something new.

I agree Smiley
I would be very proud to buy btc @ 50$ Smiley but it wont happen...
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:18:28 PM

< 50$ guranteed!

I agree Smiley

@panda

I'm asking because this is all new and I'm crash studying every thread trying to understand the 'market' aspect (got the principles and future down good enough)...can you expound on your reasoning for that statement - why it's 200 and not 50 ever again - what are you basing it on? I'm not accepting it as a prediction, just to get an idea what everyone is using to base any opinion or prediction/speculation on.

Also for whoever - am I correct regarding the "bubble" concept that it's when a shit ton of people buy in to critical mass, then there's no more money to be put in so it 'pops' and crashes, and all that money vanishes or becomes worthless? And if so, clearly that would make a bubble a bad thing...but in bitcoin's case, and other technologies I'd imagine, wouldn't a bubble be kind of a good thing? As in that happens, it pops/crashes, but always goes back up in price/value?

Thanks

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
b¡tco¡n

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Correct Horse Battery Staple

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:47:54 PM

I'm holding, so expect an epic crash  Grin

1GiB1jQnqjwmNW4U4i8autnnVb1fG8HTYM

This would be my avitar; http://s9.postimg.org/m2pzsiy57/avi.png
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:12:24 PM

< 50$ guranteed!

I agree Smiley

@panda

I'm asking because this is all new and I'm crash studying every thread trying to understand the 'market' aspect (got the principles and future down good enough)...can you expound on your reasoning for that statement - why it's 200 and not 50 ever again - what are you basing it on? I'm not accepting it as a prediction, just to get an idea what everyone is using to base any opinion or prediction/speculation on.

Also for whoever - am I correct regarding the "bubble" concept that it's when a shit ton of people buy in to critical mass, then there's no more money to be put in so it 'pops' and crashes, and all that money vanishes or becomes worthless? And if so, clearly that would make a bubble a bad thing...but in bitcoin's case, and other technologies I'd imagine, wouldn't a bubble be kind of a good thing? As in that happens, it pops/crashes, but always goes back up in price/value?

Thanks

I'm not an expert in this, though I've been watching the market for over a year now (which isn't much compared to some people who got into this 5 years ago). Why I said $200? Just because bitcoin is an invention  and thus it can't just exist unnoticed, with stable low prices. It either develops, gains attention and becomes more or less used, or it just dies. That's why, IMO it won't go back to the prices from over a year, this would mean that, despite a lot of money being pumped into it, bitcoin is not accepted, it failed to gain public approval.

A year ago there were no bitcoin ATMs, big investment funds, hardware wallets, multiple exchanges and "bitcoin accepted" signs popping up everywhere, but still the price of BTC was rising above $100. If we had $50 now this would mean something went terribly wrong. We owe today's price to the Gox crysis, it started this whole FUD fest and a series of crashes from ~$700. I bet if this situation ever gets resolved (hopefully with that thief Karpeles returning the money he stole) the price will be at least 2x what it is now.

Money never disappears (unless you send it to Gox). The price is not crashing because people aren't buying, or the coins suddenly became worthless, just at the given moment there are more sellers than buyers.

serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:20:57 PM

Thank you Smiley

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:18:14 PM

4th and 5th it remained above $400, so you appear to now owe the board your hot ass.
grifferz

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:29:04 PM

...but in bitcoin's case, and other technologies I'd imagine, wouldn't a bubble be kind of a good thing? As in that happens, it pops/crashes, but always goes back up in price/value?
Calling something "a bubble" is a disparaging comment. It's seen as "not good", and implies that the thing that is the bubble is over-priced. The same whether we are talking about tulips, the Internet, social networking or Bitcoin.

That doesn't mean that some people don't make money during a bubble. Clearly a minority do make it big during every bubble. Those who sold tulips, useless 90s Internet companies and Instagram made a lot of money. Those things suddenly became worth a lot less than what people paid for them and then a larger number of people lost money.

Some are keen to call Bitcoin a bubble because of the massive increase in value unprecedented in almost all legal ventures.

But it's not clear yet whether Bitcoin is a bubble. The full value of the blockchain and Bitcoin has not yet been established. Even if the blockchain concept goes on to greater things, it is still possible that the specific Bitcoin implementation of it fails. What is true is that, if Bitcoin were to achieve mainstream acceptance and success, then it must be worth more in fiat terms than it currently is now.

In the general and long term sense a rapid increase in the value of Bitcoin could be bad for Bitcoin because when there is a following crash a lot of people will get burnt and panic sell and it will generate a disproportionate amount of bad press. Even then, obviously a few people who currently have large bitcoin holdings and the good sense/fortune to predict the top of the market will make a killing and for that minority a bubble will be good news.

But for the majority and for the long term it would be healthier to see a slow and steady rise in value.

Unfortunately we rarely get what we want, so it is on us to critically appraise each piece of news to check it's not FUD, try not to panic sell, equally do not invest what we can't afford to lose. Generally just don't be a dick. Smiley

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:33:23 PM

4th and 5th it remained above $400, so you appear to now owe the board your hot ass.

Yes, and as a participant of this board I deserve a piece of ass  Grin

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:40:19 PM

The main thing that will occur will be that April the 16th happens the day after.

January 31st was the previous Chinese apocalypse. Fuck all happened. If there is to be price action it'll be all over long before that day.
softron

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:45:07 PM

Price looks stable now,

CoinMode

Activity: 417

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:56:10 PM

< 50$ guranteed!

I would suggest you and your kind sell now.

I would suggest you and your kind shut the fuck up!

You are not allowed to speak like that in here. Reported to moderator.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 10:06:49 PM

I'm thinking 570-575ish by April 15th.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Zosergag

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:43:32 PM

Why did you decide that something will happen on that date? Don't trust silly conversations
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:13:17 PM

Can someone enlighten me what is going to happen on that date? Many people talk about it and it seems I missed some important news regarding China.

China will ban Bitcoin, and the BTC Price will drop below $100.

you were right, it was down to like 410 basically.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: