Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer u2 Easy Setup Guide  (Read 17067 times)
BoogieMan82 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:48:33 PM

Hi everyone.  I have seen a lot of people struggling with setting up their Antminer u1/u2's.  I created a quick guide for Windows users http://www.getfreebitcoins.us/bitcoin-mining/

I have copy-pasted the guide from my site below:

Antminer u2 Setup: *Note: You will need a powered USB hub (5-10amp per 10 slots) if you are running more than 1 u2 per powered USB hub on your computer.*

Go to: https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1 and open the Antminer u1 user guide (it’s the same setup process as the u2).

Follow the Install Driver section to part 4 (right before running cgminer).  After the proper drivers are installed you will need to unplug the Antminer U2’s and plug them back in.

Download the newest version of CGMiner from here: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

Windows install:

1. Unzip the files and note the location.
2. Open a Command Prompt.
3. Run the following script c:\yourcgminerlocation\cgminer-folder\cgminer  --anu-freq 200 -o stratum+tcp://(enter your stratum pool info) -u Example.worker1 (enter your worker name) -p Password (enter your password).
4. You can also copy the command line into a notepad document and save as a .bat file.
5. After running the script, give cgminer about a minute to detect your miners (they will show up as ANU 0, ANU 1, etc), if any aren’t detected try unplugging then plugging in the ones that aren’t running.  If that doesn’t work try lowering your ANU-Freq

Notes:

Additionally you can play around with –icarus-options if you know what you are doing, I have found the following to be the best options:
--icarus-options 115200:1:1

--Anu-Freq: This line sets the frequency of the miners.

**Note that Overclocking will void your warranty**

200: 1.6 Gh/s
225: 1.8 Gh/s
250: 2.0 Gh/s
275: 2.2 Gh/s (not recommended unless you modify the R1 and R2 resistors.)

A value above 250 typically results in the following issues if you don’t modify the resistors:

1. Too Many hardware errors
2. Not recognizing the devices

I personally have found that generally an ANU freq of 253.8 is the highest one should go on a U2 without modifying the resistors (but that’s just my personal experience, personally I don’t like to run the miners that hard).
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:53:38 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 09:20:22 PM by mikerbiker6

where do you place the anu freq?
Code:
cgminer.exe --Anu-Freq:250 -o stratum+tcp://sha-256.megamultipool.com:5000 -u mikerbiker6.1 -p x --icarus-options 115200:1:1 
this is my config file, I am trying to make it run at 2gh/s but when i run it, it pops up and immediatelly disappears.

*Update, now it is working, I am using this now:
Code:
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://sha-256.megamultipool.com:5000 -u mikerbiker6.1 -p x --icarus-timing=short --anu-freq 250

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:24:11 PM

Been thinking about buying the U1 or the U2 but need to know if these can be used for Scrypt mining?
mikerbiker6

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:36:44 PM

Been thinking about buying the U1 or the U2 but need to know if these can be used for Scrypt mining?
These can NOT be used for scrypt mining, instead buy a dualminer USB if you are looking for something cheap which mines scrypt.

sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:46:07 PM

These can NOT be used for scrypt mining, instead buy a dualminer USB if you are looking for something cheap which mines scrypt.

oh man, you just saved me, I was moments away from submitting the order. Going to look into the one you requested.
mikerbiker6

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:19:07 PM

oh man, you just saved me
Haha, good luck to you.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:11:39 AM

Please do not use icarus options at all with these as the only thing you're likely to do is make it worse. Those options are of zero utility with the antminer U*s.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
$toke

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:15:15 AM

Please do not use icarus options at all with these as the only thing you're likely to do is make it worse. Those options are of zero utility with the antminer U*s.

New to mining. I am setting up a couple of these for the first time on a linux distro. Based on what you have said, does that mean I can skip enabling icarus? i.e. "./configure --enable-icarus"
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:43:18 AM

New to mining. I am setting up a couple of these for the first time on a linux distro. Based on what you have said, does that mean I can skip enabling icarus? i.e. "./configure --enable-icarus"
No, you have to enable icarus for support to be compiled in. At runtime don't use any icarus options though.

-ck
$toke

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:56:07 AM

No, you have to enable icarus for support to be compiled in. At runtime don't use any icarus options though.

Got it. Thanks boss
mikerbiker6

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:19:25 AM

I don't know what you mean? So you put it icarus enabled in the bat file and run it. then somehow disable it?
If yes, how?

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:38:17 AM

I don't know what you mean? So you put it icarus enabled in the bat file and run it. then somehow disable it?
If yes, how?
No, if you are talking about bat files you are talking about windows. The other poster asked about compiling it for himself on linux and the instructions were for the compilation stage. On windows do nothing at all [sic].

-ck
BoogieMan82 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:32:35 AM

where do you place the anu freq?
Code:
cgminer.exe --Anu-Freq:250 -o stratum+tcp://sha-256.megamultipool.com:5000 -u mikerbiker6.1 -p x --icarus-options 115200:1:1 
this is my config file, I am trying to make it run at 2gh/s but when i run it, it pops up and immediatelly disappears.

*Update, now it is working, I am using this now:
Code:
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://sha-256.megamultipool.com:5000 -u mikerbiker6.1 -p x --icarus-timing=short --anu-freq 250

Spot on, --anu-freq can go basically before or after the pool/username/pw info.
BoogieMan82 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:34:38 AM

oh man, you just saved me, I was moments away from submitting the order. Going to look into the one you requested.

If you want to get into script mining I would suggest looking into a Gridseed.  I believe http://zoomhash.com/ has a sale on them right now for $150ish, then use coupon code zoom2 for 7.5% more off.

(I am not affiliated nor do I get any money from zoomhash, they just have good prices).
BoogieMan82 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:37:10 AM

I have found that setting the baud/etc can help a bit on some of the u2's but yes, generally the only extra command line that's worth it is setting your freq via --amu-freq. 
BoogieMan82 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:38:31 AM

If yes, how?

As one of the awesome moderators pointed out if you are running windows you don't have to worry about enabling Icarus.  What he is talking about is the timing options and the baud options.
JusticeEmpire

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:56:28 AM

I have tried to follow these steps to get mine working, and still have no luck (I have posted a new thread). CGminer opens, then closes without doing much Sad
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:38:31 AM

A Dualminer is literally useless, since it only gives off 70kh/s.
I suggest a Gridseed.
Cyberus145

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:54:57 AM

Please help me I have an antminer u1 and have installed everything correctly ( note this was a used miner I bought from someone else) All drivers are correct but on zadig I cant find the file anywhere... Thanks in advance
mikerbiker6

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:45:25 PM

Please help me I have an antminer u1 and have installed everything correctly ( note this was a used miner I bought from someone else) All drivers are correct but on zadig I cant find the file anywhere... Thanks in advance
Did you select options-> list all devices.
Sometimes usb3 ports don't read the ants, at least with me, so try plugging the device in a usb 2 port if you haven't yet.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: