Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 08:45:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All Hero Members are allowed to arbitrate disputes and gather private informatio  (Read 1314 times)
grue (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
December 25, 2011, 09:19:52 PM

[...] All Hero Members are allowed to arbitrate disputes and gather private information. If the arbitrator decides that someone is a scammer, they submit a summary of the information as well as the specific incriminating evidence to theymos for his decision. However, before submitting to theymos and potentially wasting his time, we usually recommend sending that information to a Global Moderator for an initial review.
wait what? 1000 posts and you can arbitrate disputes?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5250
Merit: 13092

View Profile
December 25, 2011, 09:28:51 PM

Maged is misremembering this, I think:
So do not ask me to release IP addresses unless one of these statements is true:
- The accused person has admitted guilt
- The accused person is scamming on multiple accounts at the same IP addresses. (Obviously you can't determine this, but you can ask me.)
- You have compiled mountains of evidence that the person is guilty, and the person has been given several weeks to respond to the allegations (because you've posted a topic about it and you've PMed the person), and you have a global moderator or other very trusted person second your request. (Have the trusted person contact me to make the request.)

Whether you're a hero member has nothing to do with it. I place very little stock in post counts.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5250
Merit: 13092

View Profile
December 25, 2011, 10:05:02 PM

The forum doesn't do arbitration. The forum does only two things in this area:
- Mark proven scammers with the "scammer" label. This is a warning to other traders, not a punishment. It is not part of any arbitration mechanism.
- Release private info of persistent proven scammers. This only happens to people who already have the "scammer" label.

The best way to get someone labeled as a scammer is to compile all evidence into one "x is a scammer" thread, let it sit for a while, and then send me a link. If the case is not clear-cut, I probably won't bother reading the evidence unless trusted people have replied to that thread or related threads and are in agreement with the accusations. Then I will look at all evidence and make a decision about whether or not there is enough proof to give the accused person the scammer label.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 25, 2011, 10:38:06 PM

Thanks theymos, I couldn't find the exact information you had given before.

ByteCoin

Activity: 416
Merit: 277

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 09:34:45 AM

Whether you're a hero member has nothing to do with it. I place very little stock in post counts.

Glad you've stomped on this! We don't want more incentive to spam.

ByteCoin

Activity: 438
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 03:25:07 AM

LOL! Another topic that should come with a spit warning. This place is a ton of fun, it reminds me of the old joke about "It looks just like a penis, only smaller."

If I throw in enough bitcoins to the cause, can I have the designation "Luxuriant Queen of the Oily Wiener Boys" and be allowed to judge contests of excessive sebaceous secretion between members? That's how it works, right?

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2012, 07:18:53 AM

Donate pfft.  You can do it for free, all yours. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: