Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:17:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to dogecoin?  (Read 2972 times)
trashymonkey (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:34:15 AM

I haven't been online in a few weeks, and while btc hasn't shifted either way too much, I see dogecoin has plummeted. Anyone have any theories on what happened?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinnewbit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:34:59 AM

I haven't been online in a few weeks, and while btc hasn't shifted either way too much, I see dogecoin has plummeted. Anyone have any theories on what happened?
Supply demand I guess. Community is still friendly and helpful as ever though
ilccoin

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:13:40 AM

i think it is too much supply.

The meme got old, likely.

do you think they will ever get past that and become just another cryptocoin?

CemQJWb3qA3DKsUV8nyfkgRe57zEKgmUm7
userteste

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:22:33 AM

is a joke, just a clone feeding who sell hardware to mine.
cryptowho

Activity: 182

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:27:10 AM

compared to other coins in the same reward level this coin has x100 more value..

i think its doing just fine. its just adjusted with the market

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:27:56 AM

Josh Wise, DOGE, Nascar.
Someone is accumulating and waiting for the Nascar media coverage at the end of April, early May. Imagine the DOGE on national TV.
300 Satoshi expected. Just like you shouldve sold when it hit 250, now I should buy at 105 many cheap levels.
mrbubl3s

Activity: 293
Merit: 261

Professional Ameteur

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:52:00 AM

Josh Wise, DOGE, Nascar.
Someone is accumulating and waiting for the Nascar media coverage at the end of April, early May. Imagine the DOGE on national TV.
300 Satoshi expected. Just like you shouldve sold when it hit 250, now I should buy at 105 many cheap levels.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/27/nascar-dogecoin-sponsor-josh-wise-talladega-superspeedway

I thought you were referencing the BTC-e trollbox joke at first Tongue
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 07:23:14 AM

People might be starting to realise that coins refusing to implement merged mining are deliberately undermining the security not only of themselves but of all the coins using the same miners / mining-hardware. How long can you keep on with the bait-and-switch of spawning a new scam to mine, abandoning the previous scams, before the suckers catch on that you are deliberately not implementing the merged mining code that would allow you to continue to mine - and thus help try to secure - the previous scam's chain when moving on to the new scam?

Basically these scams try to conceal the cost of securing a Proof of Work blockchain by deliberately not securing the blockchain. Their main reason for not implementing merged mining is that merged mined coins tend to reflect (price-in) in their market cap the cost of securing a blockchain.

The bait and switch scamcoin miners do not want thier scams to reflect the cost of securing a bolckchain, and since they have no intention of actually securing blockchains, preferring to keep spamming out new coins to keep doing the bait and siwtch over and over again, it is correct for the scamcoin blockchains not to reflect the cost of securing the chain. But, for a while in the past and likely still to some degree even now, the market caps of these bait-and-switch scams have not seemed to reflect the fact that they are insecure garbage. Their market caps have been reflecting the lack of cost for security gained by deliberately not being secure, being in fact designed to be insecure and even maybe not practical to secure, but have not properly reflected the fact that they are not secure.

Maybe largely because they are mostly the realm of bait and switch scam miners and ponzi scheme promoting "speculators" both of whom do not care about securing the chains since both will be moving on next day or later in the day or whenever some profitability website says so to another similar scam, the scam of the day or scam of the hour so to speak.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:36:22 AM

Did you expect doge becoming the future of cryptos?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 07:40:08 AM

If DOGE and Litecoin adapted to be merged mined together, with both having the ability to be a secondary coin in a merge, then maybe scrypt might start to look like a serious option.

Until then all the scrypt coins look like garbage because they all undermine each other instead of working together to try to achieve some security, evidencing thereby a total lack of caring about securing their blockchains thus a total disdain and contempt for investors and potential actual users.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:47:18 AM

I assume this is just a troll and we are ignoring the dead weight that bitcoin is having on this market, but ok.  

100 billion coins in 1 year.  That is quite a bit of supply for any coin and yet  it remain one of the most consistently profitable coins to mine. I believe the majority of dogecoins come on to the market as soon as they are mined and swapped for bitcoins and other cryptos immediately.  It is staggering to me that this demand has held so strong and we are now 2/3 of the way to 100 billion.

If demand collapses dogecoin is fucked, but I do wonder what will happen if demand stays as strong as it is when the supply dwindles.  At the very least I think there will be one last major rally.

I don't think there is any need to rush into merged mining yet until we know what the ASICs will do to the market, but I think a lot of people are watching the hashrates. 
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:04:09 AM

People woke up & realised the coin was a ponzi

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:30:28 AM

DOGEs slow death began after the first halving.
It's an idiotic assumption that the price rises if supply narrows.

There is no real demand for DOGE, no natural market at all.
It's a very cheap marketing Ponzi perpetrated by the usual mob.

My prediction for after the coming Nascar stunt:
A short hefty rise and then it'll tank another 50% in less than 24 hours, these people will be dumping like crazy.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:18:25 AM

BTC price drops -> simple and easy

xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:36:50 AM

Yup, Doge will dominate the world. No doubt.
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 12:44:04 PM

The problem with Dogecoin is that the community, which is indeed nice and funny, vehemently refuses to accept the crude facts. Every post that points to the price dip is downvoted. They want to believe that massive tipping, donating, and fun is all what it needs to fly "to the moon".
But sticking the head in the sand and shouting "to the moon" is not the answer. Just as the multipools and the "big players" get richer, the community gets poorer.

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
JKAL94

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:09:53 PM

The problem with Dogecoin is that the community, which is indeed nice and funny, vehemently refuses to accept the crude facts. Every post that points to the price dip is downvoted. They want to believe that massive tipping, donating, and fun is all what it needs to fly "to the moon".
But sticking the head in the sand and shouting "to the moon" is not the answer. Just as the multipools and the "big players" get richer, the community gets poorer.

Well, you are correct that sticking ones head in the sand does not help when the price is going down, but that is only IF were are talking about a commodity.  
They are building a currency, a currency's true long term value comes from the strength of its community, that they trust their currency and thus they create commerce with it.  
As long as the currency has more and more transactions thus there is actual true circulation then the value of their economy becomes stronger then only then will the exchange rate against any other currency will go up.  

It is about building a strong and durable currency, it is not about one making money by day trading it.  
The dogecoiners that will make money are those that build systems to improve transactions and for businesses to use the coin in more efficient and innovative ways.  

Whatzhub

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:06:39 PM

I like reading this forum to scan for market sentiment.

Maximum FUD in this forum = Best buying opportunity.

My 2 cents.
softron

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:16:58 PM

compared to other coins in the same reward level this coin has x100 more value..

i think its doing just fine. its just adjusted with the market
i think ur right

blahdeda

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:49:47 PM

My 2 cents is that there are too many miners who entered the market when doge was booming and are now desperate and have to sell to pay the bills. It's crazy the number of rigs posted on craigslist these days. I think prices will be generally low until the market balances out between the investors putting capital into cryptos and miners pulling it out.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: