Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2026, 07:43:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚽ Brasileirão 2026 - Brazilian Championship Serie A  (Read 3607 times)
alegotardo
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1808


☢️ alegotardo™


View Profile WWW
September 30, 2026, 12:28:18 AM
 #381

Yesterday, the CBF held a vote that directly affects the Brazilian championships. Clubs voted to gradually reduce the number of foreign players in matches of the Série A (Brasileirão) and Série B championships. Now, the rule is that there can be up to eight foreign players in each match. This will take effect next year and will decrease by one each year until 2030, when it will reach a limit of five players. This aims to curb the number of foreign players in the championship.

I am just getting here now... missed follow a lot of posts in this thread, and Ineed to comment about this, even though it is "almost old news"....

I am also in favor about this decision, but I do not know if only imposing a "strict limit" is really a good thing... the question is: will this actually produce more playing minutes and professional development for young local talents or just change the names at the team sheet?
What is the point of reducing the number of foreign players if they will still be preferred as starters in a game?

I think there would need to be some form of incentive for clubs that invest more in local players, that actually put them on the field, then it would have more effect.

Pumared
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2156
Merit: 818



View Profile
October 03, 2026, 04:04:43 PM
 #382

Yesterday, the CBF held a vote that directly affects the Brazilian championships. Clubs voted to gradually reduce the number of foreign players in matches of the Série A (Brasileirão) and Série B championships. Now, the rule is that there can be up to eight foreign players in each match. This will take effect next year and will decrease by one each year until 2030, when it will reach a limit of five players. This aims to curb the number of foreign players in the championship.

I am just getting here now... missed follow a lot of posts in this thread, and Ineed to comment about this, even though it is "almost old news"....

I am also in favor about this decision, but I do not know if only imposing a "strict limit" is really a good thing... the question is: will this actually produce more playing minutes and professional development for young local talents or just change the names at the team sheet?
What is the point of reducing the number of foreign players if they will still be preferred as starters in a game?

I think there would need to be some form of incentive for clubs that invest more in local players, that actually put them on the field, then it would have more effect.

I still think it's an incentive. Instead of having something like 8 foreigners and 3 Brazilians, we'll have a maximum of 5 foreigners and 6 Brazilians. That's 3 more Brazilians to play. If the team doesn't have good players, it won't look outside anymore; it will look in its own youth system, in the youth system of another team, or in the league it's in, whether it's A or B. For me, it's a step forward so that we can have more talent being discovered.

█████████████████████████
████████▀▀████▀▀█▀▀██████
█████▀████▄▄▄▄██████▀████
███▀███▄████████▄████▀███
██▀███████████████████▀██
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██▄███████████████▀▀▄▄███
███▄███▀████████▀███▄████
█████▄████▀▀▀▀████▄██████
████████▄▄████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
 
 BitList 
█▀▀▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.
Bitcointalk Archive 📚
Visualization ' Search

.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄▄▄█
alegotardo
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1808


☢️ alegotardo™


View Profile WWW
Today at 01:14:42 AM
 #383

I still think it's an incentive. Instead of having something like 8 foreigners and 3 Brazilians, we'll have a maximum of 5 foreigners and 6 Brazilians. That's 3 more Brazilians to play. If the team doesn't have good players, it won't look outside anymore; it will look in its own youth system, in the youth system of another team, or in the league it's in, whether it's A or B. For me, it's a step forward so that we can have more talent being discovered.

Yes, it is a step forward.
I just think it is not enough, but it is obviously already a step forward!

And the Brasileirão (ex-Betano) is back!
Did Corinthians take advantage of the moment to get the team in order and start winning again? Will they move up the table?

Here, I am excited for the next Gre-Nal, I am almost certain Internacional will win agains Grêmio (contrary the historical data), but this time I am going to do something I always avoid: bet on a game involving my team...  I am going to place some bets in favor of Internacional, I am confident!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!