Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:45:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why satoshi doesn't come forward  (Read 4943 times)
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:33:51 PM

If you made tons of money off this would you want everyone to know about it, including the IRS?

This is where'd I be. If I made millions over millions in net worth, I wouldn't want anybody (IRS, family, friends, etc) knowing what I had. Even more so if there is a public ledger with the details of everything I would own.
buzybit

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 10:44:09 PM

Satoshi is an idea, like Jesus
it was born, grew up, created bitcoin, died , and now we are waiting the resurrection Tongue

we can tell that story to our children when they fall asleep! Tongue
Onar

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:53:02 PM

I am wondering why people are making him a saint. Noone knows his true motive other than himself. Maybe he created the currency to enrich himself, even though it is desentrilized. He could have mined alot in the early days. Or he may not have, and  creted  it just as a "holy" motive. As I see, it the ones that came in early is the ones that got rich on this easy. All others, coming late in must really work hard with mining, trading or other. Even Jesus had a motive to do what he did and belived in, if not he would not got true with it (he did unselfish, but had a agenda). To create a desentrilized currency can also be selfish. Anarchists for example, believe in chaos, and thereby want to create it, and if they believe in it truly, its a kind of selfish to create it and "force" it on others that not want it.

Whatever a human does do, is most often based on selfishness, agenda or what other expects from you somehow true believe. So to glorify a person to almost holy I will never be into; if its my mom, the president or other.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:53:56 PM

If you made tons of money off this would you want everyone to know about it, including the IRS?

This is where'd I be. If I made millions over millions in net worth, I wouldn't want anybody (IRS, family, friends, etc) knowing what I had. Even more so if there is a public ledger with the details of everything I would own.

How much of your income actually belongs to you?

I can tell you that 80% of what you are making goes to the gov and the banks.

Think about it....
Even if you want to do something simple like take a piss, you are taxed on the water you use to flash the toilet.....

Food for thoughts don't you think?
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:00:52 PM

I am wondering why people are making him a saint. Noone knows his true motive other than himself. Maybe he created the currency to enrich himself, even though it is desentrilized. He could have mined alot in the early days. Or he may not have, and  creted  it just as a "holy" motive. As I see, it the ones that came in early is the ones that got rich on this easy. All others, coming late in must really work hard with mining, trading or other. Even Jesus had a motive to do what he did and belived in, if not he would not got true with it (he did unselfish, but had a agenda). To create a desentrilized currency can also be selfish. Anarchists for example, believe in chaos, and thereby want to create it, and if they believe in it truly, its a kind of selfish to create it and "force" it on others that not want it.

Whatever a human does do, is most often based on selfishness, agenda or what other expects from you somehow true believe. So to glorify a person to almost holy I will never be into; if its my mom, the president or other.

Yeah, that's kinda the point. Satoshi had an agenda with bitcoin, most of the users had another. He therefore left (according to this theory).
He also mined a lot in the beginning, even though most of the mined coins were never touched. His true motives only Satoshi himself knows.
Btw (and a bit Off topic), anarchists doesn't necessarily believe in chaos. Most of them just want to be free from laws and obligations forced onto them.
saif92

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:03:36 PM

Satoshi is an idea, like Jesus
it was born, grew up, created bitcoin, died , and now we are waiting the resurrection Tongue

we can tell that story to our children when they fall asleep! Tongue
Good idea now I am also thinking to share this story with my kids they will like this Cheesy

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:13:01 PM

... wanna-get-rich-quick...

Oh they irony:
Maybe satoshi doesn't come forward because he pulled off the biggest early-mine "scam" in crypto history.
He is wealthy almost beyond belief, especially near the top of the next Bullish wave.

Satoshi belongs in the libertarian Hall of Fame for creatively expressing rational self-interest.

blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:21:52 PM

Oh they irony:
Maybe satoshi doesn't come forward because he pulled off the biggest early-mine "scam" in crypto history.
He is wealthy almost beyond belief, especially near the top of the next Bullish wave.

Satoshi belongs in the libertarian Hall of Fame for creatively expressing rational self-interest.

OMFG BITCOIN IS BASED ON A LIE? Shocked Shocked Shocked
That is a kinda funny scenario, and if that actually is the true scenario, and Satoshi is sitting on his 100m$ island sipping 200 y.o wine reading this, then I have to say; Cheers to you mate. You did one of the biggest scams in history.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:42:00 PM

Oh they irony:

OMFG BITCOIN IS BASED ON A LIE? Shocked Shocked Shocked
That is a kinda funny scenario, and if that actually is the true scenario, and Satoshi is sitting on his 100m$ island sipping 200 y.o wine reading this, then I have to say; Cheers to you mate. You did one of the biggest scams in history.

I didn't say he lied; Almost no one else was mining at the start, so he has a huge pile of unspent coins.
"Scam" was in quotes...

chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:46:32 PM

I still find this theory most likely: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348608 Tongue

No, but seriously, yeah, most of us jumped onboard this train driven by greed. We all thought we were going to get rich. I, as well as you, believe that Satoshis intentions were completely different, however greed is a part of capitalism. I'm not saying that capitalism is the best system, but since we all live in a capitalistic world, like it or not, it is our only way to get mainstream.
I won't deny my causes for jumping onboard was pure greed. But Bitcoin grew to me. Hopefully people will as I did realize what a revolutionizing technology this is.
Satoshi may like it or not, but we use his/her/their work to revolutionize the world. And that was also his mission even though I believe his methods would have been different from ours.

this is the best opinion i have ever read. I agree with you. Satoshi is a real philosopher and i think he understand clear the human behavior. He create a true modern revolution.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
irrational

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:39:49 AM

If not a prank, his recent post on not being Dorian, clearly shows he stepped forward to defend a man that was in REAL danger of being killed for his supposed wealth/ worshiped to death by the bitcoin fanatics.

Satoshi hasn't posted since 2010, so I'm not sure what you're rambling on about.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts
kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:04:50 AM

If not a prank, his recent post on not being Dorian, clearly shows he stepped forward to defend a man that was in REAL danger of being killed for his supposed wealth/ worshiped to death by the bitcoin fanatics.

Satoshi hasn't posted since 2010, so I'm not sure what you're rambling on about.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts

He posted a reply on his p2p profile saying "I am not Dorian Nakamoto."

Robert Paulson

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:31:41 AM

he doesn't come forward because he created the system which is about to destroy the means by which the richest banksters in the world transfer wealth from the working population to themselves.
people were killed for alot less than that.
iraszl

Activity: 266
Merit: 257

Enthusiast

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:14:13 AM

I think it's a good idea that he stays anonymous even though I would personally love to learn about him.

If his real identity was revealed he would be scrutinized to an unbearable extent. He would not only have the government, but also media and criminals on his back. The media would find every dirt and misstep in his life. They would interview his first girlfriend and his past employers. Nobody is perfect and the media would exaggerate every single thing into an elephant. It would be hell for him personally and hell for the Bitcoin community as a whole.

He should stay anonymous and make every possible precaution to cut off any links that could lead people to him.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:34:26 AM

OP, if you have invented something that would change people's lives forever, turning them from slaves to free people, to choose from their own, their own destiny:

Would you want your government to know about it?

Think hard before you answer....
Best post in thread.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:17:35 AM

OP, if you have invented something that would change people's lives forever, turning them from slaves to free people, to choose from their own, their own destiny:

Would you want your government to know about it?

Think hard before you answer....
Best post in thread.

It's a trap?
Still possible that the NSA invented BTC as a "One World Currency."
We have no way to know for certain.

thaaanos

Activity: 370

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:31:01 AM

I think Satoshi doesn't have 1mil btc. He probably had a miner running to help bootstrap/maintain the network on the early days, But those 1 mil btc were lost on purpose (of fairness/detachment?) to random addresses.
dowsey14

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:09:09 AM

Still possible that the NSA invented BTC as a "One World Currency."
We have no way to know for certain.

Well holy shit, if that's the case, then I'll be buying BTC, as fast as I can save the cash to purchase them Wink
If indeed BTC is the new one-world-currency then I'll be able to retire on 10-20BTC... Wink
Twilight_Sparkle

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:59:00 AM

It might not be the truth and only but the truth but my speculation is that he became disgusted with the community since Gavin showed it off to CIA, and become even more disgusted when he saw how twisted we are with our overly speculative, wanna-get-rich-quick-while-jerking-off mentalities and such.

My impression is that he doesn't give a single shit on any of us and more tragically even about Bitcoin. If not a prank, his recent post on not being Dorian, clearly shows he stepped forward to defend a man that was in REAL danger of being killed for his supposed wealth/ worshiped to death by the bitcoin fanatics.

Moreover, Sathoshi gave everybody the instrument, a decentralized currency but we somehow started to do it wrong (see MyBitcoin, Bitcoinica, MtGox etc)

All I see is your beliefs. How "convenient" that your impression of Satoshi does not disagree with you at all. What if Satoshi adores the get rich and speculative types? What if he stepped forward to show that he was alive and only used Dorian as an excuse.     

Bitcoin will not burn in hell, only we will! (in a max of 90 years or so, and even less for some of us).

Unless you belive in our lord Satoshi! If you belive in Satoshi, he will save us from our sins. AMEN.  Roll Eyes

1H8gQ7KEN65pbdtusg28NQ33YWFBPgWAf1
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:15:53 AM

Unless you belive in our lord Satoshi! If you belive in Satoshi, he will save us from our sins. AMEN.  Roll Eyes

If you (currently) search "Satoshi is god" in Google images, you get a surprising mix of images that don't have much to do with Satoshi or God.
EDIT:
Some of them are other people named Satoshi (i.e. Satoshi Tsumabuki)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: