Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:55:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devilish plan :)  (Read 3610 times)
hiro (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 12:23:52 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2011, 04:33:08 PM by hiro

I have some devilish plan. Please don't consider that it will really working, although... who knows.

The economy can be imagined as some pyramid , isn't it? So that at the bottom layer there are buying-selling foods, real-estates and so on. On the top are science budget, NASA  and so on.
So, while on top are circulating relativelly small amount of money, on the bottom this value is really huge (so that we can say, that money is an energy of people who wants to still live).
Therefore while your currency is not being used for buy food or some room, it's actually just "a piece of paper", or just a bit of void in case of Bitcoin.

That being said, was a saying. Last summer we started on-line trading site of farming products for Russian market. So while it is still frozen as we have no investors, no ads, no much free time to develop it and so on. But, just recently I discovered Bitcoin and for me it just what I want to! Just imagine market, where farmer can sell ten tons of some product without banking routines (maybe via escrow), and in about couple of hours he can spend this money as he wants. I don't even say that we can offer additional services powered by bitcoins... Using Bitcoin as our private payment system, the exchange can be unique!

As you probably knows, Russia have "unlimited" space of soil and most of it are being used as agricultural base. I suppose grain is the second most demanded product after oil on the world markets... It means...

In sum, to make a profit we have to use Bitcoin. In the same time, if  we are successful, Bitcoin gain power to control the world, as it is being used on the bottom of economic pyramid } Smiley

What do think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hiro (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 12:42:53 PM

And the exchange:
http://bit.ly/flDfex
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 12:44:48 PM

So you would be selling ag futures contracts in Bitcoin?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
hiro (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 12:59:47 PM

Not now. They will selling products from a stock.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 01:14:23 PM

I went to the website and couldn't make heads or tails of it, but as I was there exploring I was struck by what I was just doing.

As little as two decades ago, even if the Internet were available then, having this conversation about trade with players within Russian territory would have earned me a visit from the US Secret Service.  You kids probably have a hard time understanding a world wherein geo-political interests trumped free trade and business interests, but for the majority of my lifetime that was simply the way it was.  And we couldn't have imagined the world since the breakup of the Soviet Union and the rise of the global Internet.

As a child, we would have to regularly participate in 'drills' at school.  Wherein the children would either flee the classroom and huddle in the halls crouched into a ball, or under our desks.  As an adult, I rationally realized the shear futility of doing such a thing if the US had ever gone to war with the USSR; but as a child it was truly frightening.  I can understand how such propaganda could condition a majority of those children to ever distrust foreigners.  Fear is a huge motivator, particularly in children.  I have no doubt that the USSR used similar tactics with it's population.

Thank God for the Internet.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 02:10:40 PM

That says it all right there.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 06:11:06 PM

Not now. They will selling products from a stock.

So is this a local market, like an online version of a "farmers' market"?  That's simply ingenious!

BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 06:14:02 PM

That bastard had nothing to do with it! Thank Vint Cerf et al! Smiley
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 06:25:54 PM

That bastard had nothing to do with it! Thank Vint Cerf et al! Smiley

1)  His parents were married and...

2)  by my belief system, God gave mankind the minds of a maker, created in his image and all that.  You really didn't think that "image" referred to a old white man, did you?  Christ wasn't even white, but almost certain a fairly deep shade of brown. 

Not all libertarians are agnostic.  From my own experiences, the agnostic and atheistic subset of libs aren't even a majority; they just happen to talk more about it.

BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 06:32:24 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2011, 06:49:46 PM by BitterTea

2)  by my belief system, God gave mankind the minds of a maker, created in his image and all that.  You really didn't think that "image" referred to a old white man, did you?  Christ wasn't even white, but almost certain a fairly deep shade of brown. 

Not all libertarians are agnostic.  From my own experiences, the agnostic and atheistic subset of libs aren't even a majority; they just happen to talk more about it.

Ok, then thank God for the Holocaust!

Oh, it doesn't work that way, does it?

edit... That came off as more aggressive than I intended, but my point stands. Anyway, this is off topic and for that I apologize. I dislike religions for the way they prey on the young and weak, but I have no problem with individual followers as long as they don't try to push their beliefs on others.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 06:41:51 PM

Not usually, but it's a fair retort to my statement.  I suppose that it's fair to blame God for the great wrongs that his creation has done if it's fair to give glory for the other great deeds of his creation.

edit... That came off as more aggressive than I intended, but my point stands. Anyway, this is off topic and for that I apologize. I dislike religions for the way they prey on the young and weak, but I have no problem with individual followers as long as they don't try to push their beliefs on others.

I'm not so easily offended.  And I'm a gnostic Christian, we don't evangelize.

hiro (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 12:16:20 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2011, 01:40:02 PM by hiro

I went to the website and couldn't make heads or tails of it, but as I was there exploring I was struck by what I was just doing.

As little as two decades ago, even if the Internet were available then, having this conversation about trade with players within Russian territory would have earned me a visit from the US Secret Service.  You kids probably have a hard time understanding a world wherein geo-political interests trumped free trade and business interests, but for the majority of my lifetime that was simply the way it was.  And we couldn't have imagined the world since the breakup of the Soviet Union and the rise of the global Internet.

As a child, we would have to regularly participate in 'drills' at school.  Wherein the children would either flee the classroom and huddle in the halls crouched into a ball, or under our desks.  As an adult, I rationally realized the shear futility of doing such a thing if the US had ever gone to war with the USSR; but as a child it was truly frightening.  I can understand how such propaganda could condition a majority of those children to ever distrust foreigners.  Fear is a huge motivator, particularly in children.  I have no doubt that the USSR used similar tactics with it's population.

I can say that fear of americans was rational. It have been not political games.  I think the Soviet leaders were at one time at the point from which there was no way back ... I don't know what save mankinds, but signs of this ... crazy age ... I see everyday here.

It's all make me thinking, that one ego (no matter, it is just a single person or a group) must not have access to control the world. That's why Internet (and Bitcoin)  is here, thats why we are using neural network to control our body. If a God create human beings, he probably a pretty good designer.

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 12:25:17 PM

As a child, we would have to regularly participate in 'drills' at school.  Wherein the children would either flee the classroom and huddle in the halls crouched into a ball, or under our desks.  As an adult, I rationally realized the shear futility of doing such a thing if the US had ever gone to war with the USSR

Actually, it was not futile:  http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/01/the-unexpected-return-of-duck-and-cover/68776/

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
elewton

Activity: 407
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 12:39:44 AM

I'm not so easily offended.  And I'm a gnostic Christian, we don't evangelize.
Cool.  I've never met anyone who told me they were a gnostic.

I really like Jesus, for the most part, but I don't like all the Abrahamic baggage.  Frankly, I think Jesus needs to talk to his abusive father.   That's why I like the Gnostic gospels and some of the other alternative early Christian sects.  I also like the bits where Buddhism mixes with Christianity.

Would you mind sharing which type of gnostic you are?

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 02:09:11 PM

hiro: By all means, please do it! Grain is the best backing ever from an investor's standpoint, better than gold. Oil reserves are depleting, and food prices might rise due to agricultural products being used to synthesize fuel. The traders will get a stable currency, BitCoin a more solid economy, win on all sides!

The thing is -- you may have a hard time explaining BitCoin to people who trade in grain, and to get things rolling. But if you manage to do so, this would be a great success.

I think there is much to gain there. "Normal" markets just don't know of the great possibilities of BitCoin yet. The question is just how to do it right.
QuantPlus

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 02:04:12 AM

You are correct... it works exactly like that...
The Bible is full of holocausts visited by God on his Chosen People...
Suffering builds character like nothing else.

But you miss the point of "God"...
You are a mere human... "God" is All-Powerful...
You are in no position to judge or understand "God"...
As a believer... your only option is to SUBMIT to God.

Or you can be an Atheist and ignore "God"...
While others may find benefit from a belief in God...
And membership in His spiritual communities.

It's a personal choice.

I don't mean to hijack the East European grain thread...
I'm actually very interested how BTC could impact the EE economy...
Especially on the farm and bazaar level.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 03:43:34 PM

I think this is a good idea but please consider carefully the energy costs involved in transporting grain.  It may have to be a very local project.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
hiro (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 07:43:26 PM

I think this is a good idea but please consider carefully the energy costs involved in transporting grain.  It may have to be a very local project.

Says that russians are best at impossible tasks? So will wait until new type of engines would ready ...  Smiley
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 12:41:58 AM

Maybe if you have engines that run on wheat straw.   Wink

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 12:42:38 AM

Maybe if you have engines that run on wheat straw.   Wink

That can be done.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: