News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is the OP correct?
yes - 47 (29.9%)
no - 79 (50.3%)
undecided - 31 (19.7%)
Total Voters: 157

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin adoption slowing; Coinbase + Bitpay is enough to make Bitcoin a fiat  (Read 67112 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:48:26 AM

Can't you see this is all designed to protect multi-national corporations from competition and provide them Technocracy level of control.
The national governments are clueless pawns.

They are definitely not clueless pawns -> TPP

I mean the government figureheads may not realize the overall plans. Or at least they may not realize how they will be thrown to the wolves as needed to achieve those plans. The real power is coming from the multi-nationals and the globalists owners. The governments serve them.

Matthew Green even made a comment about NSA. He seems to be legit. I am just saying that the technology isn't the best we can do, because that is a huge risk to take. He downplays the risk in the video I saw on Youtube about ZeroCash. He says "we will find some people who the community trusts to generate the setup parameters then burn the computer".

The NSA can even monitor your computer over an air gap using electromagnetic technology. And CPUs have firmware that allows them to be reprogrammed (we don't have that master key but the NSA probably does).

I don't trust any crypto system that has a master key.

"As long as politics is the shadow cast on society by big business, the attenuation of the shadow will not change the substance."
John Dewey
alxs

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:54:55 AM

Anonymint, its a symbiotic relationship.  Government owns Corporations own Government.  They are one entity and TPP admits it.  Walter Burien's research on CAFR's.  Larry Summers? at Google ZeitGeist saying how great China was because they controlled all the corporations etc.

Matthew seems legit to me and is public about who he is.

From what I have read, you are the person they need and they are asking for help.

"He downplays the risk in the video I saw on Youtube"

It is unknown.  I dont think it is being downplayed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7LSSE0bRRo

AnonyMint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:03:05 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 02:58:02 PM by AnonyMint

We need something now that we are sure works and can't be cracked.

We only have a 12 - 18 months to make such an altcoin fly before the global economy starts collapsing.

Highly experimental cryptography is very risky as we won't get another chance for this one year window.

We need fast transaction verification so we can support micropayments. ZeroCash likely can't scale to that without centralization, because verification is so slow at 115 transactions per second per i7 core.

And we risk that master key issue as well.

I think they should continue to refine their research. But IMO that won't help us for now.

They are rushing something that isn't ready. They haven't even dealt with all the other aspects that need to be addressed such as limiting pool sizes, controlling orphan rate to get transaction speed down to under a minute or less, obfuscating your IP address connection to the network, cpu-only coin, etc..

There is a lot more to achieving the perfect altcoin than just sexy block chain anonymity.

I can't help ZeroCash, because I don't think their design is correct way to go. I think there is better technology which is incompatible with theirs.

As amazing as it is to hide the payer, payee, and amount and make the entire block chain a complete fog, it costs us that there is a master key and we can't even know if the master key has been compromised because the entire block chain is a fog.

There is a way instead to hide the payer and payee but not the amount and there is no master key. IMO this is a superior technology and it is much simpler.

I also believe this technology can use quantum computing resistant public key cryptography, whereas it appears that ZeroCash can't.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
alxs

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:09:34 AM

So what are you saying? We're screwed?

That is obviously not true. 

Solution may not appear for another year or more but will appear, that is inevitable.

Julian Assange thinks we have until 2020? to either win or lose the privacy war
and I think that timeline is accurate enough.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:11:09 AM

I am saying you will have a solution this month.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
alxs

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:13:08 AM

There is a way instead to hide the payer and payee but not the amount and there is no master key. IMO this is a superior technology and it is much simpler.  I also believe this technology can use quantum computing resistant public key cryptography, whereas it appears the ZeroCash can't.

I don't know what to say.  You are appearing to say you have all the answers but will not share them.
alxs

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:13:34 AM

ok
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:17:00 AM

Anonymint, its a symbiotic relationship.  Government owns Corporations own Government.  They are one entity and TPP admits it.  Walter Burien's research on CAFR's.  Larry Summers? at Google ZeitGeist saying how great China was because they controlled all the corporations etc.

Millionaire Larry Summers is not in charge of Trillionaire David Rockefeller. Tail doesn't wag the dog. Symbiotic agreed, but the globalist leaders have the complete view and the underlings are compartmentalized and often think they are working for "good" goals.

At Bilderberg meetings only a dozen of the participants are allowed to go to the highest level meetings.

I believe some politicians are more trusted and higher level than others.

For example, Putin might be privy to globalist meetings but may believe he has some special insight or role that gives him great power. And he fights for Russian territory and nationalism. Whereas, Rockefeller, Kissinger, and Brzezinski are probably playing him like a pawn in the global economic chessboard.

It is not some unified teamwork. It is chaotic mix of megalomaniac ambitions. The key is to compartmentalize the ambitions and keep the movement forward towards the goals of sharing power.

alxs

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:21:23 AM

Millionaire Larry Summers is not in charge of Trillionaire David Rockefeller. Tail doesn't wag the dog. Symbiotic agreed, but the globalist leaders have the complete view and the underlings are compartmentalized and often think they are working for "good" goals.

That made me laugh.  Absolutely true.  But Larry Summers is no fool.  No One who understands what TPP is a fool
alxs

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:27:27 AM

Everything is connected.  States own corporations and act in their interest.  Corporations want easier way of transacting.  Corporations want more control and don't want to have to deal with regulations.  On and on and on.  The future is pretty clear and actually totally transparent.  The future is TPP and Bitcoin.  In otherwords, become a shareholder.

alxs

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:31:23 AM

At Bilderberg meetings only a dozen of the participants are allowed to go to the highest level meetings.

I believe some politicians are more trusted and higher level than others.

For example, Putin might be privy to globalist meetings but may believe he has some special insight or role that gives him great power. And he fights for Russian territory and nationalism. Whereas, Rockefeller, Kissinger, and Brzezinski are probably playing him like a pawn in the global economic chessboard.

It is not some unified teamwork. It is chaotic mix of megalomaniac ambitions. The key is to compartmentalize the ambitions and keep the movement forward towards the goals of sharing power.

Hahahaha You are so dead on I cannot stop laughing
alxs

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:52:35 AM

extreme scenario I agree but see how Turkey, Iran etc ban Twitter, FB and other platforms!

nmc
crypty

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:32:24 PM

Well now this should be interesting.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:31:55 PM

Well now this should be interesting.

I know I'm a noob - but if you release something.  Can I recommend not posting it in the ALT section and just garnering a lot of organic support a month before release?

I feel almost anything posted in the alt section of btc is doomed to live in it's shadow at best.  And most likely to fail. 
matrix961

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:58:48 PM

I’ve been watching this thread since it started. I like what anonymint has to say. We need something that is truly secure, decentralized, and anonymous. I’ll definitely contribute if something like this is released. Just by reading through this thread I’ve learned a lot about the crazy crap that is going on that I had no idea about, it worries me.

The funny thing is before having a kid I really never gave a crap about much. But now it's such a different story. With everything going on in the world I worry about my kid growing up. It's not like it was back in the day that's for sure.
alxs

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:19:40 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 07:08:57 PM by alxs

This maybe somewhat off topic...but death of USD as reserve currency appears to have been officially announced today

Max Keiser ‏@maxkeiser: The petro-dollar is dead. RIP (1971 - 2014)

and here is why:

Jim Rickards exposed as establishment shill which gives him credibility
http://www.hangthebankers.com/establishment-shill-jim-rickards-covers-for-the-bankers-911-insider-trading-crimes/

So timing, content and promotion of his new book:
The Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System is not accidental.  
http://www.amazon.com/The-Death-Money-Collapse-International/dp/1591846706/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396969546&sr=8-1&keywords=the+death+of+money
Review dated April 4th has detailed summary of content

Twitter feed which lists appearances: Yahoo Finance, Bloomberg TV, etc on release day of his book
https://twitter.com/JamesGRickards

With titles like:
"Should Investors Prepare for a Dollar Doomsday?" - Bloomberg
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/should-investors-prepare-for-a-dollar-doomsday-cAFkdX26T2Klg7Ahb7FTgA.html
"The demise of the dollar" - FoxBusiness
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3441889201001/the-demise-of-the-dollar/?cmpid=fbvid_twitter#sp=show-clips
"Russia, China aiming for dollar’s demise" - Yahoo Finance
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/death-of-money-131434755.html
IMF SDR's will replace USD with Oil etc being priced in SDR's - Yahoo Finance
http://yahoofinance.tumblr.com/post/82097884805/jim-rickards-appeared-this-morning-on-the-daily
What does he think about bitcoin (latest I could find) is a bunch of FUD so have to read between the lines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGx1uQeZNWc
Short version: he can't endorse bitcoin so spews rubbish which makes no sense

He says next 3 years, so 2 or less and validates Armstrong 2015.75

No one can say they didn't try to warn you what was coming.
7thKingdom

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:20:12 PM

The term you want is Technocracy.
Maybe it is Technium's Dark Side:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technium

Kelly focuses on human-technology relations and argues for the existence of technology as the emerging seventh kingdom of life on earth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Technology_Wants
This?

Definitely interesting

And, that's where I get my username... 7thKingdom
7thKingdom

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:28:48 PM

I’ve been watching this thread since it started. I like what anonymint has to say. We need something that is truly secure, decentralized, and anonymous.

And can scale.  The ability to perform micro-transactions on the chain is of the utmost importance.  Micro transactions are absolutely essential in a future knowledge based economy.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 08:44:28 PM

So... is the plan to integrate the functionality of pools in the protocol instead of how it currently is with Bitcoin mining pools now?

Does this mean that we have to scale the ability of small miners to be as relevant in proving a block as a monopoly is, am I thinking in the right direction here?

Yup, but we can't eliminate pools. Can you imagine a smaller miner earning a coin every 6 months (e.g. when the coin is worth $10,000). Instead the pool helps the small miner earn 1/180th of a coin every day.

We also need pools because it is the only way to control orphan rate and get sub-1 minute transaction speed. Also we need pools for another very important reason.  Lips sealed

It seems that solo miners in the Bitcoin mining scene though probably have just as good a chance of profiting if not better through lack of pool fees (tradeoff: variance increases the smaller the % a miner is of the total hashrate), consequently in a democratic setting, they have as much power as a minority does in any given democracy, which is almost none (though they may have voice).

We must have pools.

Instead of the gamble for one entity to receive the one block reward which allocates disproportional power to leading pool operators, how can the nature of the block reward be changed to promote decentralized mining as opposed to the centralization that the current schema promotes?

Make transaction fees 0, fund from perpetual debasement, and contemplate a design to prevent pools from growing too large.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:39:28 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 03:10:50 AM by AnonyMint

Careful with predicting the dollar's early demise. It will get stronger before it is replaced with a more global SDR basket. The Euro and Sterling pound have to be brought down to parity with the dollar first. Dollar and NYSE will get very strong in 2015, and this will put downward pressure on gold. According to Armstrong's computer model, after 2015.75 the world slides into the tempest.

So... is the plan to integrate the functionality of pools in the protocol instead of how it currently is with Bitcoin mining pools now?

I don't think it is necessary to do anything to the block chain protocol to control pool size. So in theory the ideas I have in mind could be employed for Bitcoin or any coin. However, I do think pools that adopt a solution which aids anonymity (that is how I my idea controls pool size and I would propose that anonymous pools blacklist those which don't implement the protocol[1]) are going to be attacked for that reason and thus the block chain protocol will need support for Meni Rosenfeld's oblivious shares fix to prevent pool shares withholding attack (Bitcoin has refused to make this change since 2011 when Meni pointed it out). And note P2P pools (e.g. P2Pool) can't implement oblivious shares, thus my ideas can't be safely applied to P2P pools.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=339902.msg3715641#msg3715641
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=339902.msg3719385#msg3719385

That is my way of saying I think P2P pools are not a good solution. If ever they become popular, they could be attacked.

Another reason I don't favor using ZeroCash on the block chain is because in theory with ZeroCash you no longer need to obfuscate your IP address thus you don't need my ideas which apply to pools thus we don't control pool size and centralization of mining continues.

In theory with ZeroCash no one can see any details (not even amount) of the transactions you send to the network, so therefor you probably don't need to worry if anyone sees your IP address sending a blob of data to the network. Since the ZeroCash paper is not yet released, I can't yet analyze how sending two transactions with the same IP address would affect linkability. I assume unlinkable, but the devil is in the details. However, I am not sure how this will work for mining coinbase awards, you may still need to obfuscate your IP address for those with ZeroCash.

With the block chain crypto I have seen (note this is not my design), the payer and payee are hidden but the amount is not. And it is still possible to link transactions if someone can see the same IP address is sending two transactions that would otherwise be unlinkable.

I have said many times that AnonyMint will not announce nor endorse any coin, thus if my ideas make it into an altcoin, some other party here on Bitcointalk.org will be taking the lead role on the interface with the community.

[1] Realize that the anonymity of the other users affects how anonymous you are, because anonymity is obtained by mixing with other users. If they all lose their anonymity, you lose yours. Or if many of them lose their anonymity, your anonymity set decreases and the adversary can use multiple statistical overlapping sets to isolate you. Anonymity needs to be system-wide enforced. ZeroCash in theory does this by making every coin mix with every coin in the universe. That is very alluring crypto. But problem is we then lose the ability to see if more coins were created via crack of the crypto or someone kept the master key. Also ZeroCash probably can't scale to micro transactions without centralization of mining. Centralization of mining means the government can take control. So even if ZeroCash finds a way to make the generation of the setup parameters trapdoor (the master key) impossible to intercept (and I think that is impossible), it still has the fundamental problem that it is too anonymous. We lose the ability to see if it was cracked. We never know if it is cracked or not. We will be flying blind against the adversary. Whereas the alternative crypto for the block chain which I am aware of, hides the payer and payee but not the amount and public can see which coins were mixed (but doesn't know which one is the payer and payee) and it doesn't require any master setup parameters trapdoor. Thus we get all the anonymity we need to prevent pools from blocking payer and payees and hiding our identity, without the bad caveats of ZeroCash. Well to be fair, it is possible the government could say any transaction is blocked if it contains any coin address on a black list (even if we can't determine which of the coins mixed with is the actual payer and payee). In that case, ZeroCash could be a solution (yet its bad caveats would remain). Thus this is another reason we don't want centralization of mining, so that government can't control every pool.

What I am saying is that making the entire block chain a fog with ZeroCash incurs the cost that we no longer know when the government has cracked it or someone possesses the master key trapdoor creating as many coins as they want covertly. For me, that is unacceptable. If our technology has been broken, I want to know, so we can work on improving it.

I know I'm a noob - but if you release something.  Can I recommend not posting it in the ALT section and just garnering a lot of organic support a month before release?

I feel almost anything posted in the alt section of btc is doomed to live in it's shadow at best.  And most likely to fail.  

You are actually quite astute.

An altcoin with the right feature set doesn't need to launch with blazing saddles, and also because you wouldn't want any cpu-only coin subject to botnet or server farm attack before the hashrate was sufficiently developed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: