Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 12:39:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Options trading thread  (Read 5738 times)
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:15:34 PM

If anyone is interested in trading OTC options, here's a central place for it.

I'll start by wanting to buy a standard american call on 1 BTC at 650 expires April 15

Anybody want to sell that call? You'll have to escrow the btc unless I trust you.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:34:50 PM

I'll start by wanting to buy a standard american call on 1 BTC at 650 expires April 15

Anybody want to sell that call? You'll have to escrow the btc unless I trust you.

Settlement in BTC?

What price do you offer?

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:36:42 PM

Settlement in BTC?

What price do you offer?

We can settle the premium in BTC certainly but I was thinking if it gets exercised then its an actual buy of BTC for USD.

I don't have a price although I can think about one. I'm open to offers.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:38:11 PM

Settlement in BTC?

What price do you offer?

We can settle the premium in BTC certainly but I was thinking if it gets exercised then its an actual buy of BTC for USD.

Can't do the exercisement in USD, don't have any way to do that.

If you change your mind, you can drop me a pm with a price offer.

Take care

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:56:38 PM

Settlement in BTC?

What price do you offer?

Take care

I'm open to your suggestions but I don't see how to escrow otherwise. As stated, if the seller puts 1 BTC in escrow there is no counterparty risk here.  
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:18:51 AM

Settlement in BTC?

What price do you offer?

Take care

I'm open to your suggestions but I don't see how to escrow otherwise. As stated, if the seller puts 1 BTC in escrow there is no counterparty risk here.  

Why would the counterparty risk change with using an escrow and a settlement in BTC?

I put 1 BTC into escrow, and in the end you get 0.xx BTC depending on the price if it gets over 650$ . 0.xx being the  (Actualprice-650$)/Actual Price = BTC you get if you exercise.

alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:23:11 AM

0.25 BTC would be my fee for such an option. Very high I know. Only because it would be a pain in the ass holding 1 BTC away for me for 2 weeks as I buy/sell them for profit daily.

DannyHamilton would be fine for escrow.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:23:29 AM

I put 1 BTC into escrow, and in the end you get 0.xx BTC depending on the price if it gets over 650$ . 0.xx being the  (Actualprice-650$)/Actual Price = BTC you get if you exercise.

Yes I think you are right. That should work.

What price would you want to write it?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:27:49 AM

0.065 BTC and i am not paying for the escrow fees

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:33:21 AM

I agree with the price. While we are working out the details can we agree that the strike price floats at 201.35 above the current price? I see 448.65 as the current bitstamp price.

How will the exercise price be determined?

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:38:02 AM

I agree with the price. While we are working out the details can we agree that the strike price floats at 201.35 above the current price? I see 448.65 as the current bitstamp price.

Yes, 201.35 above BSTMP.

Settlement price will be the timestamp of the PM you send me when you want to settle, or else exactly april 15 23:59 59seconds GMT. Ok?

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:39:55 AM

Yes, 201.35 above BSTMP.

Settlement price will be the timestamp of the PM you send me when you want to settle, or else exactly april 15 23:59 59seconds GMT. Ok?

Last trade from bitstamp ticker?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:41:59 AM

Yes, 201.35 above BSTMP.

yes the last price of the bitstamp ticker exactely before your PM timestamp. Ok?

Also I am fine with all big escrows: tomatecage, danny, anon

PM one of them and pay them and tell them to PM me directly.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:51:20 AM

Yes, 201.35 above BSTMP.

yes the last price of the bitstamp ticker exactely before your PM timestamp. Ok?

Timestamp after public post, okay? With PM to notify, but the public post is the determination.  

I'll get in touch with an escrow

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:54:02 AM

Yes, 201.35 above BSTMP.

Timestamp after public post, okay? With PM to notify, but the public post is the determination.  

Ok, timestamp of post, but the post will only be valid if you send a pm with a link to it and a quote of the OP within 2 minutes.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:56:20 AM

Oh just to clarify, the settlement BTC will also be calculated with the settlement price. Because we wont get in touch with escrow immediately after redemption.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:59:56 AM

Oh just to clarify, the settlement BTC will also be calculated with the settlement price. Because we wont get in touch with escrow immediately after redemption.

Yes last trade on the ticker after the timestamp of the post for both the strike price (when opening the trade) and the settlement (when closing it).
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:05:07 AM

Yes, 201.35 above BSTMP.

Ok, timestamp of post, but the post will only be valid if you send a pm with a link to it and a quote of the OP within 2 minutes.

I don't really care about the opening time. How about I post, you quote, and it opens at the agreed margin. Hopefully we get this done soon.

For the close we can just make this a european option and settle at the last trade on 4/15 GMT. I don't see a good reason to exercise this early anyway.

We can also negotiate an early close out if we want of course.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:13:32 AM

Yes, 201.35 above BSTMP.

I don't really care about the opening time. How about I post, you quote, and it opens at the agreed margin. Hopefully we get this done soon.

For the close we can just make this a european option and settle at the last trade on 4/15 GMT. I don't see a good reason to exercise this early anyway.

my quote was meant for early close. Yes i will post a timestamp for opening. European option is fine

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:16:30 AM

Yes, 201.35 above BSTMP.

my quote was meant for early close. Yes i will post a timestamp for opening. European option is fine

Okay working on escrow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: