Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:29:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Options trading thread  (Read 5727 times)
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:44:21 AM

DannyHamilton will be reviewing the terms for escrow shortly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:47:50 AM

Good, when he PMs me within the next hour, I can send him the money today, otherwise tomorrw, its 3:47 AM here^^

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:51:00 AM

Good, when he PMs me within the next hour, I can send him the money today, otherwise tomorrw, its 3:47 AM here^^

I'm guessing it will be tomorrow then. I'm still good to trade tomorrow at the agreed margin assuming the market doesn't do something way out of the ordinary.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:53:27 AM

I'm guessing it will be tomorrow then. I'm still good to trade tomorrow at the agreed margin assuming the market doesn't do something way out of the ordinary.

you have quite the good reputation, i can trust that you will fullfill your end. Lets lock the target price at 649$ ok?

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:06:49 AM

you have quite the good reputation, i can trust that you will fullfill your end. Lets lock the target price at 649$ ok?

Nothing personal but tbh your rep is a bit shaky. I'd rather wait till we're ready to do the deal. If you want to send the funds to me and I can hold them overnight before setting up escrow, then we can make the trade now.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:13:40 AM

Nothing personal but tbh your rep is a bit shaky. I'd rather wait till we're ready to do the deal. If you want to send the funds to me and I can hold them overnight before setting up escrow, then we can make the trade now.

Nah then lets wait until tomorrow.

Also just out of curiosity, why do you think my rep is shaky? Most people that know me think my rep is flawless.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:15:48 AM

Also just out of curiosity, why do you think my rep is shaky? Most people that know me think my rep is flawless.

Well you have one negative rating and not that many positives. Granted I don't have that many positives either, but I was giving you the option to trust me; its certainly reasonable if you don't.

We can finish this tomorrow. Gnight.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:17:53 AM

Well you have one negative rating and not that many positives. Granted I don't have that many positives either, but I was giving you the option to trust me; its certainly reasonable if you don't.

We can finish this tomorrow. Gnight.

Ah thank you for the clarification. The bad rep is from this guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=220370
Got scammed by him ( I am apparently a retard) and then he left me a bad feed back too...

See ya tmrw

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:30:36 AM

My standard escrow agreement won't work very well for this transaction.  I'm writing up a custom agreement now.  It may take a bit, I've got several other obligations I'm dealing with this evening as well.  I'll try to have the signed agreement sent to both of you via PM within the next 2 hours.  If you both prefer to keep the rest of this arrangement and any further negotiations private, we can move all additional communications to PM.  If you both prefer to keep all agreements and negotiations public, you are both welcome to post a copy of the agreement to this thread when you receive it from me.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:56:22 AM

My standard escrow agreement won't work very well for this transaction.  I'm writing up a custom agreement now.  It may take a bit, I've got several other obligations I'm dealing with this evening as well.  I'll try to have the signed agreement sent to both of you via PM within the next 2 hours.  If you both prefer to keep the rest of this arrangement and any further negotiations private, we can move all additional communications to PM.  If you both prefer to keep all agreements and negotiations public, you are both welcome to post a copy of the agreement to this thread when you receive it from me.

I have no desire to keep it private. In fact I would prefer to work out the details in public so others can reuse the structure for options trading if they wish to do so. However, if the seller wishes to keep the details private that is fine with me, so I will wait to hear from him (his tomorrow whenever that is) before posting anything. I'll look for the PM, thanks.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 04:05:55 AM

Im not on my PC anymore. But yeah I prefer public too!

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:57:33 AM

Since both parties have indicated an interest in the escrow agreement being made public, I am posting it in its initial form here.  If any errors are identified, or if any clarifications are needed, or if any of the conditions change due to additional negotiation prior to the funding of the escrow address, please contact me and I'll update the agreement as necessary.  Furthermore, a copy of this agreement which includes contact information for the escrow holder is being sent via PM to both parties.  The publicly posted agreement takes precedence if there are any material differences between the publicly posted agreement and the privately communicated agreement.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Escrow ID: 201404050000

The escrow address for the vanilla european call option beginning on 2014-04-05 between smooth (the call buyer) and TwinWinNerD (the call seller) will be:

1PT976p57RheCsEQ4RfNQbjz3sYTLzHAqu

Please agree to any conditions (quantity, price, payment method, transaction fees, penalties, conflict resolution, etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on. GPG signing is not a requirement, and any written exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, communication seen by me in IRC, or email is effective as a 'statement of condition'.

Please understand that I am doing this as a community service for users of bitcointalk, I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction. As such, if it does not represent a burden to do so, please consider sending a bitcoin gratuity to 15rgGwpaAXzi5DgG3UkkFodKiRd1UMsor4 (valid for this transaction only) after the satisfactory resolution of this transaction.

This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the call buyer and the call seller, identified by the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org

The escrow holder, Daniel Hamilton (pseudonym DannyHamilton), assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arise, he will release the escrow to whichever party presents him with the most convincing proof and after an open discussion with others and the moderators of bitcointalk.org.

Neither party should fund the escrow address or provide anything of value to the counter-party until the terms of escrow release have been determined and agreed to by both parties.  If no other conditions are received, the default conditions of the contract assume:

This is an agreement for a vanilla european call option to purchase exactly 1 BTC with a strike price of (BitStamp last trade + $201.35) where BitStamp last trade is to be determined by mutual agreement and communicated by both parties to the escrow holder prior to the funding of the escrow address and an expiration of end of day UTC 2014-04-15.

The purchase price of the option is 0.065 BTC.  The call option buyer will pay the purchase price to escrow, and the call option seller will pay the remaining 0.935 BTC to escrow to bring the total escrowed funds to exactly 1 BTC.

All parties will wait for at least 3 confirmations on both escrow transactions before considering this agreement to be in force.

If the BitStamp exchange rate on the last trade of 2014-04-15 UTC is less than or equal to the strike price for this option, the option will expire and the entire 1 BTC from escrow funds will be sent to the call seller.

If the BitStamp exchange rate on the last trade of 2014-04-15 UTC (market_price) exceeds the strike price for this call option, the option will automatically be exercised and the profit will be sent from the escrow funds to the call purchaser, with the remainder of the escrow funds being sent to the call seller.

Bitcoin profit at expiration, if the market price is higher than the strike price, will be calculated as ((market_price - strike_price) / market_price).

To add, change, or remove the release conditions, both the bitcoin provider and bitcoin receiver must communicate their acceptance of the modified terms with the escrow holder.

The written acceptance by both parties and the sending of bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated as well as acceptance of any mutually agreed escrow release conditions, and the activation of this agreement.

The following contact information can be used if the bitcointalk website becomes unresponsive before the transaction is complete:

- - REDACTED -

Thank you.

DannyHamilton (the escrow holder)

2014-04-05 05:00 UTC
Escrow: 1PT976p57RheCsEQ4RfNQbjz3sYTLzHAqu (valid for this transaction only)
Tips: 15rgGwpaAXzi5DgG3UkkFodKiRd1UMsor4 (valid for this transaction only)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.22 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - https://gpgtools.org

iQEcBAEBCgAGBQJTP40EAAoJEN6cvAAgyl4FNPsIAJSIghDSTF0BBtgSQMPnYK+T
X0Cc9Xh2bUo40FWdn1ii0IuHvz/Dm9vXq7RYFYoC1QF3JrJWS5Wddhi5dZOCFSpN
SPecCJFuWieVaLAKtKepKKpkS6T7NYaac9lGqPhx7CskddjE5+Ik99hCXPvOKo90
a6npNewO4qXeXv0LZ+/gfTdFz1ug8mloEFGBufMpoJKjp0nJM+HKhCRB9JZ5Ih0H
X8cwS+SjSN10SyJMISmNOKGW1lrYaBfokbXRcB46hn+DVnCiS5OUGq5GZ/ENEjhg
/yECJJ5WKBKe3c+vUNouM+1te2Ny9CZuPulaLSTwEMYvhX282+fA0PSDoan8t5Q=
=hHwj
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:03:02 AM

I'm ready to go Twin, how about you. If you reply to this post we can use that timestamp to determine the strike price. When you reply to this I will consider the trade done and we should proceed to both fund escrow.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:25:42 AM

The following is a bitcoin signed message from my address 19xGRmoS3jqALhdyCbMsKFSbhGnAMPWAse which will be used to fund my portion of the escrow. Everything below (but not including) the --separator-- line has been signed.

ILhg4v0SY7hj/8wjex1yyK0ZfigPICcydaAx5yb8jM1PMh56y8M+sd4JmAXoBCEwcO5EB9C7VpraUuCsBlzrALk=

--separator--
"I agree to the terms of escrow." -- signed, smooth

Since both parties have indicated an interest in the escrow agreement being made public, I am posting it in its initial form here.  If any errors are identified, or if any clarifications are needed, or if any of the conditions change due to additional negotiation prior to the funding of the escrow address, please contact me and I'll update the agreement as necessary.  Furthermore, a copy of this agreement which includes contact information for the escrow holder is being sent via PM to both parties.  The publicly posted agreement takes precedence if there are any material differences between the publicly posted agreement and the privately communicated agreement.

The escrow address for the vanilla european call option beginning on 2014-04-05 between smooth (the call buyer) and TwinWinNerD (the call seller) will be:

Please agree to any conditions (quantity, price, payment method, transaction fees, penalties, conflict resolution, etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on. GPG signing is not a requirement, and any written exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, communication seen by me in IRC, or email is effective as a 'statement of condition'.

Please understand that I am doing this as a community service for users of bitcointalk, I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction. As such, if it does not represent a burden to do so, please consider sending a bitcoin gratuity to 15rgGwpaAXzi5DgG3UkkFodKiRd1UMsor4 (valid for this transaction only) after the satisfactory resolution of this transaction.

This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the call buyer and the call seller, identified by the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org

The escrow holder, Daniel Hamilton (pseudonym DannyHamilton), assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arise, he will release the escrow to whichever party presents him with the most convincing proof and after an open discussion with others and the moderators of bitcointalk.org.

Neither party should fund the escrow address or provide anything of value to the counter-party until the terms of escrow release have been determined and agreed to by both parties.  If no other conditions are received, the default conditions of the contract assume:

This is an agreement for a vanilla european call option to purchase exactly 1 BTC with a strike price of (BitStamp last trade + $201.35) where BitStamp last trade is to be determined by mutual agreement and communicated by both parties to the escrow holder prior to the funding of the escrow address and an expiration of end of day UTC 2014-04-15.

The purchase price of the option is 0.065 BTC.  The call option buyer will pay the purchase price to escrow, and the call option seller will pay the remaining 0.935 BTC to escrow to bring the total escrowed funds to exactly 1 BTC.

All parties will wait for at least 3 confirmations on both escrow transactions before considering this agreement to be in force.

If the BitStamp exchange rate on the last trade of 2014-04-15 UTC is less than or equal to the strike price for this option, the option will expire and the entire 1 BTC from escrow funds will be sent to the call seller.

If the BitStamp exchange rate on the last trade of 2014-04-15 UTC (market_price) exceeds the strike price for this call option, the option will automatically be exercised and the profit will be sent from the escrow funds to the call purchaser, with the remainder of the escrow funds being sent to the call seller.

Bitcoin profit at expiration, if the market price is higher than the strike price, will be calculated as ((market_price - strike_price) / market_price).

To add, change, or remove the release conditions, both the bitcoin provider and bitcoin receiver must communicate their acceptance of the modified terms with the escrow holder.

The written acceptance by both parties and the sending of bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated as well as acceptance of any mutually agreed escrow release conditions, and the activation of this agreement.

The following contact information can be used if the bitcointalk website becomes unresponsive before the transaction is complete:

- - REDACTED -

Thank you.

=hHwj
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:36:43 AM

The following is a bitcoin signed message from my address 19xGRmoS3jqALhdyCbMsKFSbhGnAMPWAse which will be used to fund my portion of the escrow.

Is this the address that your share of the funds from escrow should be sent to after the expiration of the option?
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:40:00 AM

The following is a bitcoin signed message from my address 19xGRmoS3jqALhdyCbMsKFSbhGnAMPWAse which will be used to fund my portion of the escrow.

Is this the address that your share of the funds from escrow should be sent to after the expiration of the option?

No. New address provided below. Please quote these messages so I can't edit them.

ICowcn6FMxOYGLb2///Z+TyslM+jWoFva1iJaE/4yT9oSbHeTfV3cb0vNkANLqtOa02Bx5s75jtIZBHWSnmN1Uw=

--separator--
"Address to send funds from escrow 201404050000 follows"  --signed smooth

142N3Fe8RGwuj6eB6T4NTyakVwLX6bLcRv
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:52:20 AM

New address provided below. Please quote these messages so I can't edit them.

ICowcn6FMxOYGLb2///Z+TyslM+jWoFva1iJaE/4yT9oSbHeTfV3cb0vNkANLqtOa02Bx5s75jtIZBHWSnmN1Uw=

--separator--
"Address to send funds from escrow 201404050000 follows"  --signed smooth

142N3Fe8RGwuj6eB6T4NTyakVwLX6bLcRv

Quoted, as requested.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:47:35 PM

Interesting thread. If $650 is the strike price then it'll have to hit $695.19 on the 15th for smooth to break even.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:49:35 PM

I'm ready to go Twin, how about you. If you reply to this post we can use that timestamp to determine the strike price. When you reply to this I will consider the trade done and we should proceed to both fund escrow.

Yes, lets go. Last stamp is 448.9$

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:50:52 PM

Since both parties have indicated an interest in the escrow agreement being made public, I am posting it in its initial form here.  If any errors are identified, or if any clarifications are needed, or if any of the conditions change due to additional negotiation prior to the funding of the escrow address, please contact me and I'll update the agreement as necessary.  Furthermore, a copy of this agreement which includes contact information for the escrow holder is being sent via PM to both parties.  The publicly posted agreement takes precedence if there are any material differences between the publicly posted agreement and the privately communicated agreement.

The escrow holder, Daniel Hamilton (pseudonym DannyHamilton), assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arise, he will release the escrow to whichever party presents him with the most convincing proof and after an open discussion with others and the moderators of bitcointalk.org.

Neither party should fund the escrow address or provide anything of value to the counter-party until the terms of escrow release have been determined and agreed to by both parties.  If no other conditions are received, the default conditions of the contract assume:

The purchase price of the option is 0.065 BTC.  The call option buyer will pay the purchase price to escrow, and the call option seller will pay the remaining 0.935 BTC to escrow to bring the total escrowed funds to exactly 1 BTC.

- - REDACTED -

Thank you.

=hHwj

I agree. The 0.935 BTC will come from an exchange, and i want the payout to 18888888PPJ8oGeqR6AKmoiKUme9da48Xf.

Quote this please.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: