Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 10:27:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Options trading thread  (Read 5738 times)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:53:45 PM

https://blockchain.info/tx/ad4b4102006e62852634b138954da613a81c60c22aabd7915237862b30015571

sent. (0.0001 for Txfee) Tips will be sent after settlement.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 4732

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:02:58 PM

I agree. The 0.935 BTC will come from an exchange, and i want the payout to 18888888PPJ8oGeqR6AKmoiKUme9da48Xf.

Quote this please.

Quoted, as requested.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:09:25 PM

Sending funding. I will review the last bitstamp relative to the timestamp on Twin's reply to confirm but we don't need to actually figure that out until expiration. I don't expect any discrepancy and if there is it will be small.

EDIT: funding sent txid fed93d66abeb5a705c8f130c0127b4ccd3b880e9ea0b901a11d7531d7d08002a
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:11:31 PM

If you really think BTC is going to go up THAT much in short period of time, don't understand why you didn't just buy a BTC. Good luck to you smooth, at this option write up, you'll need it.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 06:13:17 PM

Sending funding. I will review the last bitstamp relative to the timestamp on Twin's reply to confirm but we don't need to actually figure that out until expiration. I don't expect any discrepancy and if there is it will be small.

EDIT: funding sent txid fed93d66abeb5a705c8f130c0127b4ccd3b880e9ea0b901a11d7531d7d08002a

Quoted and GL to you Smiley

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 06:14:02 PM

If you really think BTC is going to go up THAT much in short period of time, don't understand why you didn't just buy a BTC. Good luck to you smooth, at this option write up, you'll need it.

If he thinks that BTC will rise 100% (for example), then an option has a much bigger return than buying BTC.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:15:22 PM

I'm hedging. I'm short a similar option as part of another transaction.

However, in reality the exposure I'm hedging isn't that big a deal to me, so the main reason I'm doing it is to promote and establish templates for more option trading in this community.

In the future of course, they don't all have to be so far out of the money.

alabamafan1

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:17:41 PM

I'm hedging. I'm short a similar option as part of another transaction.

However, in reality the exposure I'm hedging isn't that big a deal to me, so the main reason I'm doing it is to promote and establish templates for more option trading in this community.

In the future of course, they don't all have to be so far out of the money.

Ah okay. Well congrats if you have a put with a strike price of $650. As long as fee isn't too much thats a pretty nice deal especially if for multiple coins.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:12:12 AM

The escrow address is fully funded and all transactions have received at least 3 confirmations.

At this time, I'm willing to guarantee the security of the bitcoins against being double-spent elsewhere, stolen, or lost.  If something should happen that results in the loss or theft of the bitcoins from the bitcoin escrow address, I will replace them from my own funds.

Thank you for trusting me with this escrow, I will do everything I can to ensure that all parties feel comfortable that this will be handled professionally and with the utmost attention to the security and trustworthy execution of duties.  If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via any of the contact methods I've provided.

Otherwise, I'll be back in touch with both of you on April 16 to release the escrow per the terms of the agreement.

Note that, to avoid any confusion or disagreement, I will seek authorization from both parties before releasing any bitcoins from escrow to any party on April 16. If either party refuses to authorize release of escrow, this transaction will enter a phase of public dispute resolution.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:13:51 AM

The escrow address is fully funded and all transactions have received at least 3 confirmations.

At this time, I'm willing to guarantee the security of the bitcoins against being double-spent elsewhere, stolen, or lost.  If something should happen that results in the loss or theft of the bitcoins from the bitcoin escrow address, I will replace them from my own funds.

Thank you for trusting me with this escrow, I will do everything I can to ensure that all parties feel comfortable that this will be handled professionally and with the utmost attention to the security and trustworthy execution of duties.  If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via any of the contact methods I've provided.

Otherwise, I'll be back in touch with both of you on April 16 to release the escrow per the terms of the agreement.

Note that, to avoid any confusion or disagreement, I will seek authorization from both parties before releasing any bitcoins from escrow to any party on April 16. If either party refuses to authorize release of escrow, this transaction will enter a phase of public dispute resolution.

Thank you DannyHamilton. I expect that in all likelihood the outcome will be unambiguous (and not in my favor), but we shall see.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:21:27 AM

I expect that in all likelihood the outcome will be unambiguous (and not in my favor), but we shall see.

I try to remain as neutral as possible in all escrow transactions.  My job is to ensure that the agreement is executed per the negotiated terms, and not to encourage a fair deal or protect either party from entering into a deal that isn't advantageous for them.

That being said, now that the escrow is funded and everyone seems to understand exactly what their risk exposure is, I'll mention that I can't help hoping that smooth gets a significant amount of the escrow.  The more of the escrow that smooth receives, the higher the exchange rate has risen, and the more that my personal bitcoin holdings are worth.  I suspect that the vast majority of the bitcoin community is hoping that smooth does really well in this transaction.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 02:34:38 AM

I expect that in all likelihood the outcome will be unambiguous (and not in my favor), but we shall see.

I try to remain as neutral as possible in all escrow transactions.  My job is to ensure that the agreement is executed per the negotiated terms, and not to encourage a fair deal or protect either party from entering into a deal that isn't advantageous for them.

That being said, now that the escrow is funded and everyone seems to understand exactly what their risk exposure is, I'll mention that I can't help hoping that smooth gets a significant amount of the escrow.  The more of the escrow that smooth receives, the higher the exchange rate has risen, and the more that my personal bitcoin holdings are worth.  I suspect that the vast majority of the bitcoin community is hoping that smooth does really well in this transaction.

Hehe, actually i am also rooting for smooth. I have significant holdings, and a post 700 price would be great for my personal finances. Not losing any money in this agreement will lessen my pain though Wink

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:16:52 AM

Looks good that I win this bet.

On the other hand, my portfolio worth is not very happy!

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:23:54 AM

Bah, we could see a surge this weekend that drives the exchange rate to $2000!

Can't we?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:27:12 AM

Bah, we could see a surge this weekend that drives the exchange rate to $2000!

Can't we?

I'd dance naked on the balcony if that would happen. That would be so freakishly awesome!

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:16:45 PM

I bought a put right?  Cry
alabamafan1

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:34:59 PM

Speaking of which, I'd be interested in a 15 day put. European style is fine. Strike price of $350, let me know some offers. 10 BTC option.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:38:07 PM

you said, that you were headging something. Atleast there you made some good profit right?

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:09:45 PM

you said, that you were headging something. Atleast there you made some good profit right?

More like neutral. I stood to lose a lot on the other deal if btc went up a lot, although even then like everyone here I'm still long enough bitcoin that I'd be happiest about seeing it increase.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 08:29:01 PM

More like neutral. I stood to lose a lot on the other deal if btc went up a lot, although even then like everyone here I'm still long enough bitcoin that I'd be happiest about seeing it increase.

Ok, then I also root for you that the price rises to atleast the strike price Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: