Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:37:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BeeMiner 1T BTC Miner official thread based on Bitmine A1  (Read 5835 times)
jbcheng (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:45:19 PM

can i get a test unit with Paypal?

Hi all,

We will accept Paypal or escrow for the first deal for testing purpose, also to build up the trust. the subsequent order we prefer BTC payment or wire transfer as this will speed up the process and save time.

Thanks

Jbcheng
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:27:31 PM

price and delivery date please...
purenewfoundlander

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:42:39 AM

I am also interested in this   Can you pm me your prices for under 15 units plus how will these be shipped. I am in canada

Thanks
beeminer

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:44:37 AM

Smiley Cheesy Grin
dani

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

..yeah

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

The only way to get information past pointless smileys is to contact him. Since hes unable to tell you, I will:
Under 15 units, for testing, its the same price as 1 antminer s2. Since i looked up the price on ninjatech.org and it was stated as 7 btc, so ~3200$… jbcheng said it would still cost 3599$…

@jbcheng: could you be so kind and answer my question regarding bigger volume prices? Still waiting for an offer.

Hai
joeofall

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:13:38 PM

Hi,

Please share the price for test unit.

thank you
Joe
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:16:44 PM

The only way to get information past pointless smileys is to contact him. Since hes unable to tell you, I will:
Under 15 units, for testing, its the same price as 1 antminer s2. Since i looked up the price on ninjatech.org and it was stated as 7 btc, so ~3200$… jbcheng said it would still cost 3599$…

@jbcheng: could you be so kind and answer my question regarding bigger volume prices? Still waiting for an offer.

Hhahah good luck selling at this price point.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:39:50 PM

Hhahah good luck selling at this price point.
7btc was at the old btc rate. S2 prices are fixed to $ so both these units will be sold at the same price.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:24:54 AM

I'd be interested in snagging one.
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:36:51 AM

Two A few questions:
  • will your driver and/or mining software be open source?
  • In the case where GPL code is used, will you respect the license and post your modifications? You know, unlike your competitors (I'm looking at you bitmain and lketc  Angry).
  • will you make your circuit schematic docs open source - or at least available as PDF?

If the answer to the above questions is 'no' how exactly do you expect customers to maintain/repair your products?

One more question: how long do you plan to support the product e.g. firmware updates for bug fixes, new miner software versions, and performance improvements?
jbcheng (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:58:18 AM

Hi All,

Please be ware of out unit total include 5 modules and 40chips inside. generally it can reach up to 1.2 Terra in average. so please do a simple calculation for the price and not just simply compare us with Antminer S2. As I said, the price above is just a testing unit price and price always negotiable upon the volume and delivery date.

I uploaded some picture at the first page and you can see that our miner is pretty stable even in over clocking mode.

And sorry for the late response and I will go through one by one as just come back from a cloud mining customer side

Thanks

Jacob
jbcheng (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:09:06 AM

Two A few questions:
  • In the case where GPL code is used, will you respect the license and post your modifications? You know, unlike your competitors (I'm looking at you bitmain and lketc  Angry).
  • will you make your circuit schematic docs open source - or at least available as PDF?

If the answer to the above questions is 'no' how exactly do you expect customers to maintain/repair your products?

One more question: how long do you plan to support the product e.g. firmware updates for bug fixes, new miner software versions, and performance improvements?

Hi all,

As I said I just can answer the question regarding the sales and distribution. some of these questions will involve technical and I may not be able to give the perfect answer. While I will answer first and beeminer will make up if I missed some.
1, We use CGminer as mining software and we based on the open sources CG and developed by our own team to suit our hardware. at the current stage, we will not be able to open source. I believe others won't either.
2, I can not answer this question at the moment while our Beeminer.com will have support document in the near future for end users to upgrade the firmware and some technical support.

for all the products we sell out we will provide 90 days repairing and replace warranty. While we will not bear the mining lose during the repair and replacement. we will make sure all the product is working fine before sending out. and when customer received the unit you need do some generally checking especially the wire connection before fire up.

Thanks

Jbcheng
pedrosoft

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:39:35 AM

interested Smiley
jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:56:34 PM

Two A few questions:

Hi all,

As I said I just can answer the question regarding the sales and distribution. some of these questions will involve technical and I may not be able to give the perfect answer. While I will answer first and beeminer will make up if I missed some.
1, We use CGminer as mining software and we based on the open sources CG and developed by our own team to suit our hardware. at the current stage, we will not be able to open source. I believe others won't either.
2, I can not answer this question at the moment while our Beeminer.com will have support document in the near future for end users to upgrade the firmware and some technical support.

for all the products we sell out we will provide 90 days repairing and replace warranty. While we will not bear the mining lose during the repair and replacement. we will make sure all the product is working fine before sending out. and when customer received the unit you need do some generally checking especially the wire connection before fire up.

Thanks

Jbcheng

As per the GPL license you must supply source code and all modifications. This is mandatory.

Here are some relevant snippets from https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html:

When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs, and that you know you can do these things.

To protect your rights, we need to prevent others from denying you these rights or asking you to surrender the rights. Therefore, you have certain responsibilities if you distribute copies of the software, or if you modify it: responsibilities to respect the freedom of others.

For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must pass on to the recipients the same freedoms that you received. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.

and...

Some devices are designed to deny users access to install or run modified versions of the software inside them, although the manufacturer can do so. This is fundamentally incompatible with the aim of protecting users' freedom to change the software. The systematic pattern of such abuse occurs in the area of products for individuals to use, which is precisely where it is most unacceptable. Therefore, we have designed this version of the GPL to prohibit the practice for those products. If such problems arise substantially in other domains, we stand ready to extend this provision to those domains in future versions of the GPL, as needed to protect the freedom of users.

firejuan

Activity: 256

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 08:00:54 PM

Fortunately, the author of cgminer is a Mod of this forum so he can fully clarifly the licensing.

Two A few questions:

Hi all,

Thanks

Jbcheng

As per the GPL license you must supply source code and all modifications. This is mandatory.

When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs, and that you know you can do these things.

To protect your rights, we need to prevent others from denying you these rights or asking you to surrender the rights. Therefore, you have certain responsibilities if you distribute copies of the software, or if you modify it: responsibilities to respect the freedom of others.

For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must pass on to the recipients the same freedoms that you received. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.

and...

Some devices are designed to deny users access to install or run modified versions of the software inside them, although the manufacturer can do so. This is fundamentally incompatible with the aim of protecting users' freedom to change the software. The systematic pattern of such abuse occurs in the area of products for individuals to use, which is precisely where it is most unacceptable. Therefore, we have designed this version of the GPL to prohibit the practice for those products. If such problems arise substantially in other domains, we stand ready to extend this provision to those domains in future versions of the GPL, as needed to protect the freedom of users.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:53:22 PM

Hi jbcheng

Fortunately, the author of cgminer is a Mod of this forum so he can fully clarifly the licensing.
Two A few questions:
  • In the case where GPL code is used, will you respect the license and post your modifications? You know, unlike your competitors (I'm looking at you bitmain and lketc  Angry).

As always I will give the benefit of the doubt and assume there is some misunderstanding on your part about the license you have agreed to when choosing cgminer and deciding to develop your driver based on its code, or that you have misunderstood what is being asked of you.

So I will remind you as simply as possible as a summary of that document above (also as per the file COPYING included with the cgminer source and binaries).

The license you have agreed to by using cgminer means:
You are free to modify and distribute binaries based on cgminer provided you distribute the source with your modifications, or a link to a publicly available download site that hosts the source, or provide the option to send a copy of the source on media for no more than the cost of the media, along with a copy of the license included in all binaries and source distributed or a link to the COPYING file. If you do not do this within 30 days, then your license to distribute the binaries will be revoked and you will be open to prosecution.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
cr4sh0verride

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:18:09 PM

You have to ask what would be the reason for it not being open source?

If there was a function you were providing with you version of the software what is it and what would be the reason to close the source to it?

I'm happy to escrow a unit to test it but what would the implications be if I bought one and the source code was never released?
What's to say there is code in there that won't trigger at a certain time to start mining on another pool and lock the user out?

You also mentioned in PM that a lot of units have been sold to an Australian Cloud mining company..
I've searched as extensively as I could and I have a few connections around and I couldn't find any information on that?

If you could elaborate on that if possible please and maybe even provide a contact number/website etc so I can ask them about their units.

Thanks,
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:34:16 PM

You have to ask what would be the reason for it not being open source?

If there was a function you were providing with you version of the software what is it and what would be the reason to close the source to it?

I'm happy to escrow a unit to test it but what would the implications be if I bought one and the source code was never released?
What's to say there is code in there that won't trigger at a certain time to start mining on another pool and lock the user out?

You also mentioned in PM that a lot of units have been sold to an Australian Cloud mining company..
I've searched as extensively as I could and I have a few connections around and I couldn't find any information on that?

If you could elaborate on that if possible please and maybe even provide a contact number/website etc so I can ask them about their units.

Thanks,
Only one reason: 90% hashrate is user configurable, 10% is not  Roll Eyes
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:20:25 AM

There are competitors who have open sourced all their code: Spondoolies-Tech for example.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
beeminer

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:19:09 PM

Grin Grin Smiley Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: