m2017 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1737
keep walking, Johnnie
|
Today I tried running Trezor Suite on my Ubuntu PC, but found that the program wouldn't start. I downloaded an updated version from the official website, and to my surprise, it also wouldn't start. I should note that everything was working fine a while ago, meaning the UDEV rules and libfuse2 were installed according to the instructions ( https://trezor.io/guides/trezor-suite/installing-trezor-suite-on-linux#udev-rules). Just to be sure, I entered " sudo apt install trezor" and " sudo apt install libfuse2" in the command line, as instructed, and a message appeared stating that no updates were required and that these permissions were already installed. I decided to check the web version of Trezor Suite, in which, when connecting the device, it appears that it is impossible to connect Trezor. I suspect this is probably due to the last Ubuntu updates that have happened several times since I last used Trezor Suite. Trivialities like rebooting the PC didn't help. Therefore, I'd like to turn to the collective wisdom for help. What could be the cause of this problem?
|
|
|
|
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7823
A swap that needs a hand? zeto.cash@proton.me
|
 |
April 15, 2026, 12:34:47 PM |
|
@m2017, Let me say right away that I don't use Linux, so I can't be of specific help to you - but another user had similar problems and as far as I can see, some tips from this topic helped him -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5578435.0Do you have a chance to test whether Trezor works on Windows? What I can tell you is that I currently see that there is a new firmware for version 5, but also that there was another one recently. They are quite active in this regard, which of course includes new versions of Trezor Suite.
|
|
|
|
dkbit98
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 8887
|
I suspect this is probably due to the last Ubuntu updates that have happened several times since I last used Trezor Suite.
It's probably related with latest Ubuntu update, but it's strange that even web version is not working. Ubuntu is probably one of the worst Linux distributions at the moment, and it's getting worse every day. I think now they need more RAM than windows 11 and they are implementing age verification crap soon, so I would suggest moving to other alternatives: https://github.com/BryanLunduke/DoesItAgeVerifyYou can also try adding dependencies again, or Trezor Suite in AppImage or Flatpak: https://trezor.io/guides/trezor-suite/installing-trezor-suite-on-linux
|
▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄ ██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██ ▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄ ▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄ ▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄ ████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████ ██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████ ████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████ ▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀ ▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀ ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀ ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀ | | OrangeFren | | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | | | | ▄▄█████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀████▄ ███▀░░░░░░░▀███ ███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███ ███░░░░░█░░░░░███ ███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███ ███▄░░░░░░░▄███ ▀████▄▄▄████▀ █████████ ▐█████████▌ █████░█████ ▐████▌░▐████▌ ▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀ | | |
|
|
|
m2017 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1737
keep walking, Johnnie
|
@m2017, Let me say right away that I don't use Linux, so I can't be of specific help to you - but another user had similar problems and as far as I can see, some tips from this topic helped him -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5578435.0Thanks, I'm aware of that thread. There's nothing there I haven't already tested. Do you have a chance to test whether Trezor works on Windows? What I can tell you is that I currently see that there is a new firmware for version 5, but also that there was another one recently. They are quite active in this regard, which of course includes new versions of Trezor Suite.
I don't want to connect trezor to Windows (sorry, Bill, your OS is even worse than Ubuntu).  I'm sure the problem isn't with the firmware, but with Trezor Suite, which doesn't start without a hardware wallet is connected. I suspect this is probably due to the last Ubuntu updates that have happened several times since I last used Trezor Suite.
It's probably related with latest Ubuntu update, but it's strange that even web version is not working. I'll test it some more and try to figure out the cause. I'm curious myself about why this is happening (and I don't want to lose my backup connection method). I'll add the results later if I have any useful information to share. Ubuntu is probably one of the worst Linux distributions at the moment, and it's getting worse every day.
So, it's time to change the OS or simply not update Ubuntu. I tested Flatpak and can say that Trezor Suite started this way. I'll add your Flatpak link (for the lazy people): https://flathub.org/en/apps/io.trezor.suiteBelow are the instructions (for Ubuntu) from this source: https://flathub.org/en/setup/Ubuntu Install FlatpakTo install Flatpak on Ubuntu 18.10 (Cosmic Cuttlefish) or later, open the Terminal app and run:Install GNOME Software Flatpak pluginThe GNOME Software plugin makes it possible to install apps without needing the command line. To install, run:sudo apt install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak Note: Ubuntu distributes GNOME Software as a Snap in versions 20.04 to 23.04, and replaced it with App Center in 23.10 and newer—neither of which support installing Flatpak apps. Installing the Flatpak plugin will also install a deb version of GNOME Software, resulting in two "Software" apps being installed at the same time on Ubuntu 20.04 to 23.04, and a single new "Software" app on Ubuntu 23.10 and newer. Add the Flathub repository
Flathub is the best place to get Flatpak apps. To enable it, run:flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://dl.flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo Restart To complete setup, restart your system. Now all you have to do is install apps!To install: flatpak install flathub io.trezor.suite Run: flatpak run io.trezor.suite
|
|
|
|
satscraper
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 3012
|
 |
April 16, 2026, 07:19:00 AM |
|
Ubuntu is probably one of the worst Linux distributions at the moment, and it's getting worse every day.
Depends on the flavor of Ubuntu.  Specifically tuned by me personally xubuntu works like a charm on my 13 years old HP laptop. I also have the modest Acer Swift Go (2025 release), and I can say that xubuntu’s performance does not fall below Windows 11 installed on Acer machine, not to mention the security, which I also harden myself.
|
| EARNBET | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | ███████▄▄███████████ ████▄██████████████████ ██▄▀▀███████████████▀▀███ █▄████████████████████████ ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄██ ███████████████████████████ █████████▌████▀████████████ ███████████████████████████ ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀▀██ █▀█████████████████████▀██ ██▀▄▄███████████████▄▄███ ████▀██████████████████ ███████▀▀███████████ | | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ |
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄███████▐███▌███████▄▄▄ █████████████████████████ ▀████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄████▀ █████████████████████ ▐███████████████████▌ ███████████████████ ███████████████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
| King of The Castle $200,000 in prizes | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | 62.5% | RAKEBACK BONUS |
|
|
|
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 9588
|
 |
April 16, 2026, 07:58:41 AM |
|
Have you tried connecting and opening your Trezor with a third-party software like Sparrow or Electrum? Does that work? If your computer and third-party software recognize the device and you can use it with other wallets, that way you can be 100% sure that there is a conflict with Trezor Suite for some reason.
|
|
|
|
|
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7823
A swap that needs a hand? zeto.cash@proton.me
|
 |
April 16, 2026, 01:45:05 PM |
|
Do you have a chance to test whether Trezor works on Windows? What I can tell you is that I currently see that there is a new firmware for version 5, but also that there was another one recently. They are quite active in this regard, which of course includes new versions of Trezor Suite.
I don't want to connect trezor to Windows (sorry, Bill, your OS is even worse than Ubuntu).  I'm sure the problem isn't with the firmware, but with Trezor Suite, which doesn't start without a hardware wallet is connected. ~snip~I don't have such concerns, considering that my Trezor is used to store something that I can afford to lose, and besides, I always use Tor when it comes to connection. In any case, I hope you manage to solve your problem.
|
|
|
|
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 4172
|
I suspect this is probably due to the last Ubuntu updates that have happened several times since I last used Trezor Suite.
Based on the content of this " Reddit thread", it appears that this issue is also present in other operating systems [e.g., Windows 7] and the only thing that worked on his second OS [Ubuntu 24.04 LTS] was when he/she " changed USB ports WHILE software was seeking a connection". - Apart from the two versions that you've already tried, you might also want to try other older "Trezor Suite versions".
|
|
|
|
m2017 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1737
keep walking, Johnnie
|
 |
April 18, 2026, 05:49:37 AM |
|
Have you tried connecting and opening your Trezor with a third-party software like Sparrow or Electrum? Does that work? If your computer and third-party software recognize the device and you can use it with other wallets, that way you can be 100% sure that there is a conflict with Trezor Suite for some reason.
I tested Flatpak and can say that Trezor Suite started this way. I haven't tested it with other wallets yet, but as I mentioned above, Trezor Suite runs through Flatpak. I suspect this is probably due to the last Ubuntu updates that have happened several times since I last used Trezor Suite.
Based on the content of this " Reddit thread", it appears that this issue is also present in other operating systems [e.g., Windows 7] and the only thing that worked on his second OS [Ubuntu 24.04 LTS] was when he/she " changed USB ports WHILE software was seeking a connection". - Apart from the two versions that you've already tried, you might also want to try other older "Trezor Suite versions".I've only used Trezor Suite on Ubuntu (not Windows 7). The problem isn't with the ports, as Trezor Suite simply won't launch. I tested 3 different versions (I had two older versions of Trezor Suite and downloaded the latest one). In Flatpack mode, Trezor Suite functions normally. By the way, I completely forgot to thank @dkbit98 (thank you) for his useful advice, which helped solve the problem (partially and using a different method).
|
|
|
|
m2017 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1737
keep walking, Johnnie
|
I decided to test running (for experimental purposes) the trezor suit apps (appimage) that last time didn't want to detect a physically connected hardware wallet and was surprised because now, when connecting a model one, trezor suit identifies the device correctly. However, I didn't do anything special with this app (I didn't install any additional drivers either), but was using the flatpak version. Since my last post here, Ubuntu OS has prompted me to install updates several times, which I did. I suspect one of these updates solved my previous problem. In other words, the problem was solved without any direct user intervention (since the user clearly wasn't the cause  ). So, when using trezor suite on Ubuntu OS, it's highly recommended to have two versions of this app: appimage and flatpak (in case OS updates break the app again. You wouldn't want to lose access to your assets, right?). I tested different versions (I had older versions, and I also downloaded the latest one.) of trezor suit and it all worked. For some reason, on all versions of trezor suit (even on previously used ones), this message appears, as if the device is connecting to this app for the first time.
|
|
|
|
Forsyth Jones
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2291
I love Bitcoin!
|
I decided to test running (for experimental purposes) the trezor suit apps (appimage) that last time didn't want to detect a physically connected hardware wallet and was surprised because now, when connecting a model one, trezor suit identifies the device correctly. However, I didn't do anything special with this app (I didn't install any additional drivers either), but was using the flatpak version. Since my last post here, Ubuntu OS has prompted me to install updates several times, which I did. I suspect one of these updates solved my previous problem. In other words, the problem was solved without any direct user intervention (since the user clearly wasn't the cause  ). So, when using trezor suite on Ubuntu OS, it's highly recommended to have two versions of this app: appimage and flatpak (in case OS updates break the app again. You wouldn't want to lose access to your assets, right?). I tested different versions (I had older versions, and I also downloaded the latest one.) of trezor suit and it all worked. [center][url=https://www.talkimg.com/image/UL88F1][img]https://www.talkimg.com/images/2026/07/05/UL88F1.png[/img][/url][/center] For some reason, on all versions of trezor suit (even on previously used ones), this message appears, as if the device is connecting to this app for the first time. I have the suite installed on both Windows and my Linux distributions (Ubuntu and Kubuntu) and it rarely gives me any problems or crashes. I remember facing the same problem as you, I removed the Trezor Suite folder and cache, and the problem was solved. The same thing happens on Windows from time to time... Note: I use the Flatpak version for Linux, which includes automatic updates directly from my distribution's store. Perhaps in your specific case, it's worth trying support with Trezor. I'm curious to know the cause of your peculiar problem, it's annoying having to confirm every time you've used the device before. 
|
|
|
|
dkbit98
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 8887
|
So, when using trezor suite on Ubuntu OS, it's highly recommended to have two versions of this app: appimage and flatpak (in case OS updates break the app again. You wouldn't want to lose access to your assets, right?).
You are not actually losing anything, and I don't recommend installing and using both flatpak and appimage files in the same time. It's OK to test both version but you should stick to only one option, or use connection with smartphone if you can. Best option for compatibility would be to build Trezor Suite from the source, specific to your linux distribution.
|
▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄ ██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██ ▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄ ▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄ ▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄ ████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████ ██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████ ████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████ ▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀ ▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀ ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀ ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀ | | OrangeFren | | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | | | | ▄▄█████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀████▄ ███▀░░░░░░░▀███ ███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███ ███░░░░░█░░░░░███ ███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███ ███▄░░░░░░░▄███ ▀████▄▄▄████▀ █████████ ▐█████████▌ █████░█████ ▐████▌░▐████▌ ▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀ | | |
|
|
|
Forsyth Jones
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2291
I love Bitcoin!
|
 |
July 08, 2026, 11:27:15 PM |
|
You are not actually losing anything, and I don't recommend installing and using both flatpak and appimage files in the same time. It's OK to test both version but you should stick to only one option, or use connection with smartphone if you can. Best option for compatibility would be to build Trezor Suite from the source, specific to your linux distribution.
I usually downloaded appimage, but after I discovered flatpak, I am giving priority to options with flatpak on Linux almost always, in the case of the Suite, it is working well, the same problems that it gave in flatpak, also in windows. But as I like some challenges, now you have made me curious to try to install from the source...
|
|
|
|
m2017 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1737
keep walking, Johnnie
|
 |
September 22, 2026, 08:56:13 AM |
|
You are not actually losing anything, and I don't recommend installing and using both flatpak and appimage files in the same time.
Sorry, I missed this post. Could you explain what the issue is? As it stands, the two versions of Trezor Suite don't conflict with each other at all. The latest version of the file is simply stored in a folder, and I run it occasionally (no installation is required on Ubuntu). It's OK to test both version but you should stick to only one option, or use connection with smartphone if you can.
What are the potential downsides of using both versions? And what does connecting a smartphone have to do with it when trezor connects to a laptop (in my case)? Do you mean using a smartphone with trezor hardware wallet installed in conjunction with Trezor Suite? If so, have to deal with the hassle of an OTG-USB cable for the connection. To be honest, I hadn't even considered that option; I suppose I should test it and have it ready just in case Trezor Suite breaks on Linux again.  Best option for compatibility would be to build Trezor Suite from the source, specific to your linux distribution.
Good joke (far from everyone possesses such skills.).  Now every Linux user will manually compile Trezor Suite for Linux distribution for a more comfortable user experience.
|
|
|
|
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 9588
|
 |
September 26, 2026, 07:28:22 AM |
|
Sorry, I missed this post.
Could you explain what the issue is? As it stands, the two versions of Trezor Suite don't conflict with each other at all. The latest version of the file is simply stored in a folder, and I run it occasionally (no installation is required on Ubuntu).
It could potentially confuse you about which Trezor Suite version you are running. If you update one, the other instance doesn't get updated right? The same is probably true about making changes in the settings. If you made some custom changes in one to fit your usage better, the same settings wouldn't be copied over to the other. Things like account names and address labels would probably also be different between the two instances of the same app.
|
|
|
|
|
m2017 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1737
keep walking, Johnnie
|
 |
September 26, 2026, 07:41:35 AM |
|
Sorry, I missed this post.
Could you explain what the issue is? As it stands, the two versions of Trezor Suite don't conflict with each other at all. The latest version of the file is simply stored in a folder, and I run it occasionally (no installation is required on Ubuntu).
It could potentially confuse you about which Trezor Suite version you are running. If you update one, the other instance doesn't get updated right? The same is probably true about making changes in the settings. If you made some custom changes in one to fit your usage better, the same settings wouldn't be copied over to the other. Things like account names and address labels would probably also be different between the two instances of the same app. This doesn't confuse me at all. The flatpak-version label sits alongside the other apps. As I understand it, this version updates automatically (I don't think that's a great feature, as I prefer not to rush into installing the latest app updates - it might contain new bugs, and it's better to wait for a stable release). The appimage version label - which doesn't update automatically and requires a manual download but runs without installation - is located in a separate folder and launches normally when clicked. Of course, the settings are configured separately for each app, and naturally, those settings don't carry over to the other version. But honestly, that’s not an inconvenience; in my case, the settings are minimal - I configured them once and haven't needed to change anything since. As I mentioned, the account names and address labels were set up once (and are identical in both cases), so the interface looks the same in both versions. So, if that is the only reason for not using both versions, I really don't understand (or perhaps don't grasp the scale of) the problem. You are not actually losing anything, and I don't recommend installing and using both flatpak and appimage files in the same time.
That is why the reasons behind this recommendation remain an open question for me. I hope to get an answer from @dkbit98.
|
|
|
|
|